Accidental Sleepovers

Push and Pull

Taehyung's POV

I watched the rest of the movie I had been watching as I waited for Hoseok. I didn't know where exactly he was so I had no idea how long it would take him. Actually, I wasn't fully sure he'd really come over at all. Maybe he had just been joking. But I couldn't help getting a little nervous. When my phone suddenly vibrated I startled and looked at it seeing a new message from Hoseok.

'I'm in front of your door.'

I clumsily stumbled out of my bed and pulled up the zipper of my hoodie before silently walking down the stairs to open the door for him.

'He's really here.' I thought as I approached the door. When I opened it my heart jumped a little at the sight in front of me. Hoseok was wearing tight red pants and a leather jacket over some flattering black shirt and his hair was just the slightest bit messy. As soon as he saw me he smiled brightly.

“Heeey~” he said a little too loud.

“Shhh!” I whispered as I put my finger against my lips to signal him to be more quiet. He clasped a hand over his mouth.

“. Sorry.” he said silently. I giggled a little and motioned for him to follow me inside. He took off his shoes and we silently walked up the stairs. We went into my room and he carefully closed the door behind him. I turned to him and saw him taking off his leather jacket. He put it over the chair next to my desk and looked around as if he hadn't seen my room before. I was still a little weirdly flustered, because he just looked incredibly good and I felt a little underdressed in my sweatpants and hoodie. He swayed around and it almost looked as if he was dancing and I couldn't suppress an amused smile. His eyes seemed to spot something, because he suddenly stopped swaying and looked at me while pointing at my desk.

“You put it away?” he asked and at first I didn't realize what he was talking about.

“What?”

“The photograph.” he said. I got a little embarrassed.

“Oh...yeah, I put it away.”

Hoseok nodded and puffed out his cheeks as he started to sway around again. I burst out laughing.

“So, why was the party so bad?” I asked and plopped down on my bed. Hoseok walked over and plopped down next to me putting his arms behind him to support himself as he leaned a little backwards.

“I don't know. They all got drunk quite fast and half of them started making out. It would've probably been more fun if I had been as drunk as the others, but I wasn't, so I just suddenly didn't feel like being there anymore.” he said and I nodded. Surprisingly, I could perfectly relate to how he had felt.

“Was there no one interesting to make out with for you?” I asked to .

“Nah.” he said and pursed his lips. “I wasn't in the mood for it anyway.”

“Really?”

“Yeah.”

“Well, congratulations, now you're tipsy and in another boring room.” I said and laughed. Hoseok let himself fall backwards on my bed.

“That's not true. This is much better than the party.” he mumbled. I was a bit taken aback.

“Really?” I asked and he exaggeratedly nodded his head.

“Mh-hmm.” he mumbled and it almost sounded as if he was dozing off.

“Hey! Don't fall asleep.” I said and playfully hit his leg. He grumbled.

“Why not?”

“So you came over in the middle of the night just to fall asleep on my bed?”

He seemed to think for a moment.

“Why not?” he asked again and I laughed.

“Seriously. Get up. Let's at least watch a movie or something.” I said and pulled him up by his arms.

“Alright, alright.” he said and sat up looking more awake again.

“Why were you still awake anyway?” he then asked. I shrugged.

“I just couldn't sleep, yet.”

“Hm.” he just answered and I climbed on the bed sitting up against the wall and taking my laptop.

“Come here.” I said and patted the space beside me. He obeyed and crawled up next to me.

“What do you wanna watch?” I asked him.

“I don't know. Something funny to keep me awake?”

I chuckled and went to choose a movie. Hoseok stretched out his legs and arms and let out a long sigh before settling in with a few pillows. He scooted closer to look at the movie selection and our arms touched. Although I was wearing a hoodie, I could feel the warmth of his body seep through it.

“Let's watch that one.” he said and pointed at one.

“Alright.” I responded, turned off the lights and pressed play.

The movie was really funny and we had to stop ourselves from laughing too loud several times. I could feel his body twitch next to me as he laughed, but towards the end of the movie we both got rather tired. When the movie was over I crawled forward to put the laptop away and then sat back down next to Hoseok. Without the light of the laptop screen it was pretty dark in my room, but I didn't bother to turn on the lights. I let out a sigh and we hushed for a moment.

“And this was seriously better than the party?” I teased and chuckled. He didn't answer for a moment.

“I like spending time with you.” he then said and his voice suddenly sounded clear and sober again. I didn't know what to say at first and felt something strange.

“Me, too.” I said after a while and could barely believe that I had just admitted that. I then changed the topic and we started talking about the movie. Hoseok's voice got more and more drowsy and suddenly I felt his head fall on my shoulder. I hushed and heard that he was taking long and even breaths. He had fallen asleep, but I was too tired myself to care, so I closed my eyes and hesitatingly leaned my head on his.

 

 

Jungkook's POV

When we were driving home in the car of my parents, sitting in the backseat I felt like I still hadn't come down from the high of the concert. Jimin was excitedly talking to my parents, telling them about the concert. I just sat there in silence. My body was clearly exhausted, but my mind felt wide awake and still a little overwhelmed.

“By the way, since our house is nearer and it's quite late, we thought you might just want to sleep over at our house, so we put a mattress in Jungkook's room.” my mother said and I got surprised when I heard it. I opened my mouth to say something, but Jimin was faster.

“That's so nice of you, Mrs Jeon. Thank you!” Jimin said.

“I'm sure Jungkook can lend you clothes to sleep in.” she added and I blushed. Thank God, it was dark. Jimin and I hadn't had a sleepover yet since we were friends so this was new. This was our first and it made me a little nervous, although I knew it was ridiculous. We were just gonna sleep in the same room, that was all. But the thought of going to bed with Jimin lying only a few meters next to me on a mattress made me feel agitated. And then the thought of Jimin wearing my clothes to sleep in made it even worse. When we finally arrived at our house and we got out of the car I became more aware of how exhausted I really was.

When we entered the house my mother asked if we were hungry and if we wanted to eat something before going to bed, but we exchanged a look and then shook our heads.

“No, mum, we're really tired, we just want to go to bed.” I said and she then told us goodnight and went into her bedroom.

Jimin and I then went into my room. He was already starting to tiredly rub his eyes. I went to my cupboard and looked around for something comfortable to sleep in. I took out a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt handing it to Jimin.

“Thanks.” he said. “Your mum's really nice.”

“Yeah.” I said and smiled. Then I explained to him where the bathroom was and where he would find things he might need and told him to go wash up first. He left and I took out clothes for me to sleep in, too. My mum had already put a blanket and a pillow on the mattress that was lying about a meter next to my bed on the ground so there was nothing else for me to do. I sat down on my bed and occupied myself with my phone while waiting for Jimin. When he came back into the room I looked up. The shirt was quite loose on him revealing a little bit of his collarbones and he had obviously combed through his hair, because it now looked extremely fluffy. I suppressed a smile and forced myself to stop staring. I got up from the bed and took my clothes to go wash up, too.

 

A few minutes later I came back into the room. Jimin was sitting on his mattress doing something on his phone. When he noticed me coming in, he put the phone away and smiled up at me. It gave me a little heart attack. I sat down opposite him on the mattress.

“Wasn't it so awesome?” I said and Jimin's eyes lit up.

“It was incredible! They're so good playing live and it was just so cool! I can't believe it's over.” he said and his body couldn't stay still out of excitement. I smiled to myself.

“Me neither.” I answered and sighed.

“I'm physically exhausted, but I feel like my mind is still completely wide awake.” Jimin said and it described exactly how I felt.

“Yeah, I feel like I'm still overwhelmed and have to come down from this thrill first.” I responded and our eyes met for a moment before I looked down. It was silent for a moment.

“I'm so happy we did this together.” he then said and broke the silence. My heart instantly reacted to his words.

“Me, too.” I answered. If only he knew how happy I really was for every second that I could just be with him.

“I feel like I won't forget this for a long time. It's such a great memory.” he added as he played around with the phone in his hands.

“I hope I can fall asleep.” I said.

“Yeah.” he answered and we pretty much yawned at the exact same time and then giggled.

“Okay, maybe we should go to bed now.” I said.

“Yes.” he agreed. I got up and went over to the light-switch. Jimin slid under his blanket and settled in.

“Can I?” I asked and he nodded. I turned off the light and walked over to my bed. It wasn't hard to find, I knew my room like the back of my hand. When I found it I climbed on it and also settled in under the covers and let out a pleased sigh.

“Good night.” I said and closed my eyes as I yawned one more time.

“Good night.” Jimin answered and it was silent for a moment. I was getting more and more tired and was dozing off surprisingly easy, but I was pulled out of my doze when I felt something poke my arm. I turned around and saw a figure standing in front of my bed.

“Jimin?” I mumbled.

“Jungkook?” he silently asked.

“Yeah?” I answered in a sleepy voice. He seemed to hesitate for a moment, because it was quiet for a moment.

“Can I come sleep with you?” he asked and my half-asleep mind took a while to process his question. I felt my heartbeat speed up.

“Why?” I asked.

“Uhm, well, the...the mattress isn't very comfortable and you know...uhm” he started to explain, but didn't really seem to have an actual explanation. But my stupid heart didn't care anyway.

“Sure.” I whispered and scooted over lifting the blanket for him.

“Thanks.” he whispered back and climbed on the bed and slid underneath the covers. My bed wasn't super small, but it was also not exactly very big. I turned away from him, because I knew that I would be too nervous to fall asleep otherwise. I calmed down enough to start to drift off to sleep again, but suddenly I felt Jimin's warm body press up to me and I felt his head snuggle against my back. I stopped breathing for a moment, because I hadn't expected that and when I started breathing again it came out shaky as my heart thumped hard against my chest.

'Damnit.' I thought. 'I need to calm down. I can't let him know how much this simple touch affects me.'

It took my breathing a few moments to even out and then I tried to relax again, but all I could think of was the warm body lying next to me.