Surprises

Push and Pull

author-note: I have to say, I totally didn't plan for this chapter to turn out the way it did, but this just kind of happened.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jungkook's POV

I barely slept on the night to Monday, because I couldn't stop thinking and worrying about how things would be in school. How would we act? Would anyone notice anything? What about our friends? How much had they seen during the party? How much did they know? What would they say? And what about Cara? ! I forgot to answer to Jin's messages...how am I gonna explain to him what happened?!

My mind just wouldn't shut up and my thoughts kept circling and circling until my alarm went off. I groaned and let out a heavy sigh before turning it off. I kept lying there for a few more minutes, but I was awake anyway, so I eventually got up and reluctantly got out of bed to get ready for school. When I was fully dressed I went to the kitchen to greet my mother.

Hey, mum.” I sleepily mumbled as I entered the kitchen. She turned around and smiled at me before ruffling my hair.

Mum!” I called out annoyed. “You ruined my hair!”

No, I didn't, you look handsome honey!” she said and giggled. I hugged her and then packed my lunch box.

Oh, I totally forgot. How was the big party on Saturday? Did you have fun?” my mother suddenly asked.

Uh, yeah, it was good.” I answered as I walked over to the fridge to pour myself some milk.

Did Jimin sleep over? I didn't see him when I put the note on your desk.” she then said.

Uh, no...he came over later to return the clothes I had lent him.” I said truthfully.

Was he at the party, too?” she asked and I started to get a bit confused by her questions.

Yes.”

I like him. He seems to be a nice boy.” she said as she kept preparing breakfast.

Yeah, he is.” I replied, because I didn't know what else to say. I then grabbed my lunch box to leave.

Are you not gonna eat anything for breakfast?” she asked and turned around facing me and looking a little worried.

No, I didn't sleep much, so my stomach feels a bit upset. I'll eat in school later.” I answered.

Alright, see you later.” she said and smiled at me. I did my best to smile back despite the early hour.

Bye, mum!” I said and then left the kitchen to pack my bag and leave.

On the way to school I felt myself getting more and more nervous again. I felt my heart pounding hard in my chest as I neared the school entrance. I was so distracted that I had a minor heart attack when I felt someone pull me aside. I turned around and saw that it was Jin.

Dammit, Jin, you startled me!” I said and took a deep breath.

Are you okay?” Jin asked and looked a little worried. I felt bad for not answering his texts.

Y-Yeah, I am. Sort of.” I said.

What's that supposed to mean? What happened? We saw you leaving the party with Jimin holding hands. What's going on?”

I inhaled deeply and searched for the right words to start explaining.

We kind of...well...we made out...a lot..and-” I started and looked down embarrassed scratching my neck, but Jin interrupted me.

WHAT?” he blurted out.

I know! I know! I didn't plan for this to happen, it just kinda did.”

And then? You left together?”

He wanted to go home, so I brought him to the bus stop. He kissed me goodbye and the next day he suddenly turned up on my doorstep saying he wanted to return some clothes that I had lent him.”

Please tell me, you talked about this.” Jin said and gave me his most dramatic face.

We did! Somehow...but it's all still kind of unclear.”

What does that mean? Did you tell him about your feelings?” Jin asked.

Yes, I did.”

What about him? What did he say?”

I told him the rest of it and what Jimin had said and done.

So that means he'll stop his thing with Cara for you?”

I think so.”

Well, that's a start.” Jin commented.

Yeah...but I have no idea how I'm supposed to act around him in school.”

Gosh, you two are such a mess.”

I buried my face in my hands and sighed.

But you seem happy with him...” Jin added silently. I lifted my head.

I am, Jin, I am...he makes me so freaking happy...happy like I've never been before, but he also messes up my feelings like no one before.” I said and felt myself blush a little at my own words. Jin smiled.

I hope this goes well...” he said.

Me, too.” I answered.

Come on, school's gonna start any second.” he then said and pulled me with him towards the school.

 

 

Jin and I arrived in our classroom in time with the bell ringing. I couldn't concentrate on the lesson though. My thoughts were far away during the first periods. When the bell announced recess I got nervous again. I packed my bag and got up leaving the classroom. When I stepped outside I suddenly felt something brush my hand. I turned around and was met by Jimin's smiling face.

Hi.” he said.

Hi.” I aspirated and smiled back at him.

Was your night as bad as mine?” Jimin asked and I was a bit flustered. Had he lain awake thinking about this, too? Thinking about me?

Probably. I barely slept.” I said.

Me, too.” Jimin said and looked down. “I wished for you to be there with me...”

My heart skipped a beat when he looked back up into my eyes. For a moment we just gazed at each other. When I felt eyes on us I was pulled back to reality. I looked around and saw our whole group of friends openly staring at us. I turned back to Jimin and cleared my throat.

God, I'm so nervous.” I said and let out a shaky breath.

Relax, just act natural, we can do this.” he said and then pulled me with him to our friends.

Did you guys finally confess and get it on?!” someone said as we arrived in front of them.

W-What?” I stuttered and blushed.

Uhhh~ look at him! They definitely did!”

What are you guys talking about?” Jimin asked.

Are you kidding me? We saw you on Saturday! And we've been placing bets for months now on when you two would finally make it official.” they said. My jaw dropped.

Excuse me?” I said. I had definitely not been prepared for this. I didn't know what to do or say. I looked over at Jimin who had turned silent and was looking down with an embarrassed face. I looked down, too struggling for words, but my mind was spinning like a chaotic storm. I felt numb like I couldn't speak. Just when I thought I'd go crazy or die on the spot I felt Jimin take my hand and interlace our fingers. What the hell was he doing?

Okay, you're right...” Jimin said as he soothingly his thumb over my skin. I could barely believe what I was hearing. I looked up at him completely surprised. Our friends were staring at us with wide eyes.

I knew it!” some of them yelled, but I barely heard their voices. All I could hear were the loud and fast thumps of my heart as I realized what had just happened.

 

 

Taehyung's POV

When I slowly woke up again I felt completely relaxed. I then yawned and opened my drowsy eyes. I felt Hoseok's warm body against mine and it just felt so good. When I lifted my head and looked up I saw that he had fallen asleep, too. I had to smile when I looked at his peaceful face.

I then turned my head and looked around for my phone to check the time. When I spotted it I carefully moved away from Hoseok. He immediately stirred and I heard him grumble. I stopped in my movement and turned my head to look at him again seeing that he was slowly opening his eyes.

“Hey~” I whispered and smiled. He managed to fully open his eyes and returned the smile in a way that made my heart flutter a little.

“Hey~” he mumbled.

“I'm hungry, what about you?” I said.

“Starving.” he answered and I giggled a little. I got up and grabbed his hands to pull him up, too. He stumbled off the bed and rubbed his eyes.

“Come on.” I said, opened the door and then we walked down the stairs. I led us into the kitchen where leftovers were still on the stove. I took out plates and handed one to Hoseok who still looked a little sleepy. We warmed up the food and then sat down opposite each other at the table as we ate. Hoseok looked as if he was still in dreamland and I couldn't suppress a laugh.

“What?” he asked as he looked up at me.

“You look like you're gonna fall back asleep any second.” I said and had to grin.

“Are you laughing at me?” he said playfully and raised an eyebrow.

“Me? No, Never!” I said and laughed again. Hoseok got up and walked over to my side of the table.

“No, no, no!” I said as he started to tickle me. I got up trying to squirm away from him, but it was of no use. He kept tickling me and I couldn't control my laughter as I twitched and stumbled around the kitchen trying to escape him.

 

Hoseok's POV

I chased and tickled Taehyung around the kitchen. The sound of his giggles and his smiling face made me want to go on forever, but he suddenly lost his balance and almost fell. Thankfully, I caught him and pulled him back up. Taehyung had instinctively held onto me and was now standing in my arms panting and looking painfully beautiful. I felt like I couldn't think straight with him this close. Thankfully I managed to come back to my senses before he could notice and let go of him.

“Damn, our food's getting cold.” I said and sat back down. He sat back down opposite me and when I looked up I saw that he was still smiling. My heart reacted to it instantly and I inwardly cursed at myself.

It was silent for a while as we ate and then I suddenly remembered a question that had been bothering me all day.

“Hey, by the way, what about the guy from the party? Did you exchange numbers or something?” I asked and tried to sound nonchalant. He didn't look up at me as he answered.

“Uh, no, it was...you know...nothing serious...just...I don't plan to repeat that with him.”

I somehow felt like a big weight had been lifted off me.

 

 

Taehyung's POV

After eating we went back upstairs and Hoseok checked his phone. I saw him frown.

“What is it?” I asked.

“Uhm, I have to go home.” he said.

“Oh, okay...” I answered and tried to hide the little pang of sadness I felt. Hoseok gathered his stuff and we walked downstairs again. He put on his shoes and slung his backpack over one of his shoulders before turning to face me again. We looked at each other and I was about to step forward to hug him goodbye, but he beat me to it pulling me into a tight hug. I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him back just as strongly. When I felt him press his face to the side of my neck I got goosebumps and my heartrate sped up. Hoseok pulled back only slightly and looked at me as his hands slid to my neck tenderly his fingers over my skin. A shiver ran down my spine and I felt confused and nervous. What was he doing? I saw his fierce eyes flicker down to my lips and back up to my eyes. I thought my heart might just burst out of my chest any second. Was he gonna kiss me?

He leaned a little closer and my breath got caught in my throat. Just when I thought he would go the rest of the way he suddenly pulled back. He looked a little flustered and confused, too.

“Uh, see you tomorrow.” he said and pretty much fled out the door as if his life depended on it. I stumbled back against the wall and closed my eyes. My heart was still thumping hard and fast in my chest. What the hell was that?!