Pain and Rain

Push and Pull

Jungkook's POV

The game stayed surprisingly chaste and normal for a while until someone asked Cara again and she answered “Dare”. The friend who had asked her seemed to think for a moment and then a smirk spread on her face as she blurted out the words that I had feared the most.

Kiss Jimin.”

For a moment it felt like everything had slowed down around me. The words echoed in my head and my heartbeat sped up as my mind tried to process what was gonna happen.

Cara giggled and crawled to the middle of the circle. I noticed Jimin hesitatingly doing the same out of the corner of my eye. All I wanted was to escape this moment, to run away and pretend it wasn't happening, but I couldn't. It was real. And I couldn't look away.

They kneeled in front of each other and every inch they got closer felt like I was falling deeper and deeper into a hole. I was screaming inside, but nothing came out. All I heard was the sound of my heart cracking when their lips connected.

 

 

Thankfully they all got tired of the game quickly and we stopped soon. My mind had been long gone, somewhere far away. I kept drinking until I wasnt sure what I was feeling anymore. It all blurred into one big messy mix of feelings. I couldn't tell if I was feeling too much or nothing at all. I didn't sit around sulking, but I also didn't exactly voluntarily engage in any conversations by myself.

After pouring myself another drink I plopped down on the little sofa staring at the cup in my hand. Someone sat down next to me. It was Jimin. I reluctantly turned to look at him. He was smiling brightly. It hurt. The crack in my heart deepened.

Hey~” he said silently as if he wanted only me to hear it. I broke into a fake smile, but I couldn't keep it up for more than just a second as I answered: “Hey”.

Jimin scooted a little closer and he looked a little worried.

What's wrong?” he asked with an innocent face. I guess he really didn't know. I leaned my head back against the sofa still looking at him and sighed.

I just feel pretty tired. I guess I'm still kind of exhausted from the concert and all. I think I'll leave soon, I need sleep.” I said.

That's a pity, but I understand. It's probably for the best.” he said and for a moment we both hushed and just looked at each other. Jimin reached out his hand and caressed my hair. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the touch although it felt somehow painful at the same time. I must've been a masochist. Jimin gently through my hair and I melted into his touch.

Are you sure you're okay?” he then whispered. I opened my eyes and looked at him. For a moment I really wished that he knew what was going on. I wished I could tell him, just tell him how much he was to me, but I didn't find the courage to do so. So I just nodded. He smiled at me and kept tenderly touching my hair.

What a weekend, huh?!” he said and I weakly hummed in agreement. Jimin looked around a little before leaning closer.

Jungkook?” he silently asked.

Yeah?” I mumbled.

Do you think Cara likes me? Like...you know how?” he whispered and I felt as if someone was pressing down on my chest preventing me from breathing properly. The hand that had been in my hair was now lazily playing around with the collar of my pullover. My mind was racing. What the hell was I supposed to answer to that?!

Do you like her like that?” I asked and immediately regretted asking that question. Jimin smiled a little shyly.

I don't know...maybe...I'm not sure.” he answered, his fingers still playing with my shirt. The vague answer was still painful enough. I knew I wouldn't be able to hold out much longer, I felt such a huge turmoil inside me that I thought I was threatening to tear apart any second.

I think I'll go now.” I said and escaped his touch getting up. I felt a little dizzy, but quickly regained enough focus to walk mostly straight as I went to say gooodbye to everyone. I got a bunch of hugs and friendly responses. Cara flung her arms around my neck and passionately hugged me swaying around a little as if she hadn't put a knife into my heart just a few hours ago. But she didn't know. She just didn't know. No one did.

Jimin told me he'd bring me to the door and we left the room. I carefully walked down the stairs and went to the door. I turned around to say goodbye to Jimin and was a bit caught off-guard when he pulled me into a tight hug, his face pressing into my neck. I responed to the hug just as tightly and clung to him as if I was holding onto life. It took all the strength I had to not break down right then and there.

This was an awesome weekend. I'm so happy to have you, Jungkook.” he said and I felt his hand gently slide up and down my back. I fisted my hands into his shirt....my shirt, as I struggled to find words.

Me, too.” I whispered and leaned my head on his enjoying it for just a moment longer until I felt him pull away.

Goodnight, see you in school.” he said and smiled.

Yeah, goodnight.” I answered and opened the door. I closed it behind me and didn't look back as I started walking. It was a bit chilly, because autumn had taken summer's place, but I didn't feel the cold. I took out my phone, scrolling through my contacts as I kept walking. When I had found the one I was looking for I pressed the call button not really caring how late it already was. The phone rang a few times and I felt my heartrate increase. It was coming. I could feel it.

Hello?”

Jin?” I asked in a shaky voice.

Yes? Jungkook?”

A loud sob escaped my throat as I burst into tears. I clasped my free hand over my mouth, but it didn't stop the desperate sounds escaping my mouth as I just kept crying.

 

 

Taehyung's POV

We didn't have any more contact for the rest of the weekend. It wasn't that unusual, because we weren't exactly texting each other all the time, but I still kind of had a weird feeling about it. Sunday evening I lay down in my bed and couldn't help remember the night with Hoseok. I couldn't help remember the feeling of his fingers touching my back and the feeling of his face pressed to my neck.

'Damnit.' I cursed in my mind and scolded myself. 'This can't be happening.'

It took me a long time to fall asleep that night...

 

 

The next morning I overslept and had to hurry to get to school in time. I didn't think much about the weather when I dressed, so I was thrown off-guard when I stepped outside and closed the door behind me. It was quite chilly and the sky was rather grey, but I didn't really have the time to get back inside and change or something, I was already pretty late and it would be a close call, so I just started my way to school. About halfway there it started raining.

'Great.' I thought and cursed myself for choosing to wear a jacket without a hood. I walked faster and used my arm to try to shelter myself from the rain, but it wasn't of much use.

 

Hoseok's POV

I was already sitting in my seat leaning back while occupying myself with my phone. The seat next to me was still empty although first period would begin any second now. I looked outside the window and saw that it had begun to rain quite heavily. Thankfully I had brought a jacket with a hood and was also wearing a sweater, but I hoped it would stop soon. The teacher then entered the room, closed the door and greeted the students. I greeted him, too and contemplated for a moment whether I should text Taehyung and ask him what's going on, but I decided against it for now and put my phone away as I straightened up in my seat.

The lesson started, but I couldn't really concentrate on it.

'Maybe I should've texted him.' I thought, but there wasn't really an opportunity to take out my phone and do it, because the teacher was quite attentive.

About ten or fifteen minutes into the first period, the door suddenly opened. I turned my head to look and saw that it was Taehyung who was almost completely soaked in rain. He was panting as he apologized to the teacher for being late and walked to his seat. The teacher had mercy on him and didn't say much about it, but I saw him giving Taehyung a look of pity.

Taehyung took off his backpack and plopped down on the seat next to me letting out a sigh.

“Hi.” I whispered and looked at him curiously. His eyes looked up at me from in between the wet wisps of hair that were falling into his face.

“Hi.” he whispered back and we held eye-contact for a second, before he diverted his attention to unpacking his stuff. He then took off the jeans jacket he was wearing, because it was really completely wet and put it on the heater next to us. He was only wearing a t-shirt underneath and he was clearly shivering. I took the jacket that I had hung on my chair and reached it over to him. He looked up surprised, but then took it.

“Thank you!” he whispered with wide eyes and then smiled gratefully. It just looked way too adorable. He then put on my jacket and snuggled into it. I smiled to myself and looked to the front to try to focus on the lesson. I inconspicuously took out a small piece of paper and scribbled a message to Taehyung before sliding it over to him.

 

Taehyung's POV

I was a bit surprised when Hoseok slid a small piece of paper to me. I took it and read the message.

Everything alright? Why are you late?

I took a pen and wrote an answer underneath it.

Yes I'm fine, I just overslept. I hate myself right now for wearing a jacket without a hood. I'm so stupid.

I then slid the paper back to Hoseok and saw him smile as he read it. I saw him scribble an answer and I pulled his jacket tighter around me. I just hoped I wouldn't catch a cold from this. After a few seconds he slid the note back to me.

Well, thank god you have me!

I couldn't help smirking at his answer and took a glance at the teacher before writing a response.

Damn right.

I slid the paper back to Hoseok and I could see him try to suppress a grin as he read it. He then put it away and seemed to divert his attention back to the teacher. I did the same as I tried my best to heat up my cold body occasionally checking on my jacket on the heater.

 

Hoseok's POV

When the bell rang the principal announced through the speakers that the students were allowed to stay inside, because it was still raining. Everyone cheered and I put my stuff in my backpack.

What's your next class?” Taehyung asked.

Biology. I have to go to the science wing after the break. And you?”

My next class is in here, so I can stay.” he answered and then leaned back in his chair to get comfortable. I turned to him and put my elbow on the table to support my arm as I leaned my head against it. Taehyung's hair was still moist and started to get a little curly as it dried. I reached out my hand and played around with a wisp of his hair.

You must be cold.” I said. Taehyung looked at me and tried to push his hand to my neck.

Hey! Stop!” I said in laughter as I grabbed his hand to stop him. Only then I realized that his hand was actually really ice cold.

 

Taehyung's POV

. You're really cold.” Hoseok said and took my cold hand between both of his palms. His hands were incredibly warm in contrast to mine. He wrapped his hands around it as if he was trying to warm it and I felt myself getting a little nervous from his gentle touch. He then tenderly played around with my cold fingers occasionally linking them with his and I thought I might go crazy right then and there. Was I dreaming? Was this really happening in the light of day in the middle of a class room? His fingers gently over my skin and then he wrapped my whole hand in his palms again. I looked up and our eyes met, but none of us spoke.