New

Push and Pull

Jungkook's POV

Thankfully, we had different classes for the first two periods, so I didn't see him, but the images of the dream kept haunting me throughout the lessons. I could barely concentrate. When we had our first bigger break I was fidgety as I went outside in the yard. I looked around as I went over to some of my friends, but I couldn't see him. Where could he be? Not seeing him was almost worse. The next few periods went by and during the second break I finally saw him in the yard. He was laughing. I couldn't help but stare. He was just so ing beautiful. And that was something I would've never thought I'd think about him. My eyes wandered to his lips and immediately the feeling of his lips on my skin from the dream returned and then also the feeling of those lips on mine as we had kissed and it almost overwhelmed me. I forced myself to look away. Damn. How could I have let this happen? I felt so stupid. I was yanked from my thoughts when I felt someone grab my arm. I looked up and saw that it was Jin. He was pulling me away from the group to be alone.

Jungkook, are you okay?” he asked and looked genuinely worried.

Y-Yeah, sure.” I said and faked a small smile, but I didn't even believe myself.

Bull. You've been odd the last few days and I saw how you looked over at Jimin just now. Is it because of the fight you've had?”

I felt tears well up and took a deep breath to suppress them.

I don't-...I don't even know anymore.” I said and shook my head as I turned away. Jin grabbed my arm softly and turned me back to face him again. I looked down and bit my lip.

Jungkook, what's going on?”

I think I....Damnit....this wasn't supposed to happen. This SHOULDN'T have happened.” I said.

Is it because of the kiss?” Jin asked and I looked up at him.

It was your first, right?” he asked and I nodded a little embarrassed. Jin sighed.

You shouldn't have done this at a party just for fun.”

I know, Jin, this is not helping!” I exclaimed.

Sorry...” he said.

Jin, I think...I think I have feelings for him....I mean, maybe I just imagine them because he was my first kiss, b-but...I feel them.”

Jin sent me a compassionate smile and pulled me into a hug. I clasped him tightly.

I don't know what to do...” I mumbled into his shoulder. When I looked up I saw Jimin staring at us. What did it all mean? How was Jimin feeling about all of this? Did he even feel anything for me at all? Was he as confused as I was? I closed my eyes and hugged Jin tighter.

 

 

During the lunch break I didn't really feel like eating so I just walked down to the sports field and lay down on the grass listening to music trying to calm myself down. When I noticed a shadow pass by I opened my eyes and saw that Jimin was lying down next to me. I pulled out my earphones, but stared back at the sky. I could already feel my heart beat faster. A few moments of silence passed.

I saw you and Jin earlier during the break. Are you okay?” he asked. Him seeming to be concerned although I had been awful to him the last few days nearly broke my heart. I thought for a moment before deciding to just answer honestly for now.

Not really.”

Why?” he then asked. I sighed, but didn't answer.

Is that why you've acted strange at the night of the party?”

I sat up and pulled my knees up to my chest and slinging my arms around them. Jimin sat up, too.

I'm sorry about how I behaved. I was drunk and being a little weird. I shouldn't have acted like that.”

Then why did you?” Jimin asked. “'Cause I don't understand it.”

I can't tell you...” I said. Jimin scooted closer.

Jungkook, you've been there for me so often, I want to do the same for you! Whatever it is, you can tell me. Do you have any problems?”

I buried my face in my arms. This was just getting worse. I couldn't tell him the truth. It would just ruin everything. Well, I was already starting to ruin or friendship, but I didn't want to make it even worse.

I can' tell you...” I repeated. I felt Jimin's hand softly touch my arm and then he was leaning his head on my shoulders.

I rolled my head to the side leaning it on Jimin's. Although I could clearly feel my heart thumping hard in my chest, the moment felt calm. It felt so good. It felt so right. After a while we both simultaneously lifted our heads and looked at each other.

If you ever feel like you're ready to tell me, I'll be there, okay?” Jimin silently said. I looked at him and was once again amazed how beautiful he was and how lucky I was to be friends with him.

Okay...” I aspirated.

Are we done ignoring each other?” Jimin asked and gave me his best puppy look. “'cause I don't think I could've taken it another day.” he added and it felt like a heart attack to hear those words from him.

Yeah...” I said and then lay back down on the grass. Jimin did, too and lay is head on my arm. His warmth spread all the way into my heart.

 

 

 

Hoseok's POV

When I went home it was still warm outside and I felt a strange prickle and a bit of excitement as I thought about the day I had spent with Taehyung. Although he hadn't fully accepted my apology and I know that I was far from having made up for what I had done to him the years before, it felt like we had somehow made peace with each other and connected in a way we hadn't before. His deep voice as he had sung with me was stuck in my head the whole way home and without realizing it made me smile, but it faded when I thought of how hurt he had looked when we had talked about how I had been treating him and how sad he had looked when we had talked about his ex-boyfriend. I felt a strange knot forming in my stomach. I hadn't realized till then what I had done to him and I felt so bad about it. I wanted to erase it. All of it. But then I thought that maybe we wouldn't have come to this point if all of it hadn't happened, but still I couldn't help regretting it deeply. It was a little hard to fall asleep that night.

 

Taehyung's POV

When I lay in bed that night I couldn't help replaying the events of the day in my head. It stopped at the feeling of Hoseok's fingers touching mine as we lay across from each other on the bed. I remembered the softness of it and the jolt it had sent through my body. It all felt so strange and new, but in a good way. Maybe I could actually forgive him. Not forget, but forgive. And maybe we could start something new and forget about the way it had been before. Maybe.

 

Hoseok's POV

During the next two weeks we did the rest of the work for our project during free periods or during the lunch break and it was going incredibly well. We worked well together and even started to joke around with each other a little. One day when lunch break began there wasn't much left to do. Taehyung and I sat together on one of the free tables and discussed how we'd do the rest. The tables next to us were being occupied by other students from our grade.

It's not much, I can just finish it right now, it's not gonna take long.” Taehyung said.

Okay. Great.” I said and smiled as I took out my wallet and got up.

I'm gonna go get something to eat. Do you want me to get you something, too? I mean, you probably won't have time to go if you finish this now.” I said. Taehyung looked up a little surprised but then his lips formed a cute little smile.

Yeah. Sure. Thanks. Just get me a sandwich or something.”

Okay. I'll be back.” I said and returned his smile before leaving.

 

Taehyung's POV

When Hoseok was gone I occupied myself with the laptop finishing our project, but I felt eyes on me. I looked up and saw that everyone on the table next to mine was looking at me flabbergasted.

What?” I asked.

Nothing.” they mumbled and looked away, but I knew exactly why they had been staring. It was because of Hoseok and me. The fact that we were working together alone was weird enough, but the way we acted with each other was probably what shocked them more. It shocked me, too. I still couldn't believe how much it had changed.

A while later Hoseok returned with several kinds of food in his hands.

Hey, how's it going?” he asked as he sat down next to me.

I just finished.” I said as I closed the laptop and put it away. Hoseok put the food on the table.

Thanks.” I said and took a sandwich, leaned back against the wall and started eating. Hoseok started eating, too.

Is this a new sort?” I asked after taking the first bite.

Yeah, they started making different ones. It's new.”

Wow, it's delicious.” I said around a mouthful of it. Hoseok chuckled.

Can I taste it?” he asked.

Sure.” I said and held out the sandwich for him. He gently took hold of my hand that was holding the sandwich and leaned down a little to take a bite. His face lit up and he let out some approving sounds.

Mmm! It's really good.” he said and we started talking about foods and which ones we liked and which ones we didn't and it felt like the most normal thing in the world.