Goodbye My Past

Push and Pull

Jungkook's POV

The next few days it was as if nothing had happened. Cara thankfully dropped the topic for now and Jimin was his usual self. It seemed like I was the only one that couldn't just be the same again. Well, Jin was sending me weird glances every time Jimin was standing with our group, but apart from that nothing had changed. Maybe it had really been 'just a kiss' to Jimin, but it wasn't for me. It had been my first real kiss. That's not something you forget. And I couldn't just act like it was no big deal. Every night when I lay down in bed the blurred images of that night appeared in my head. Although my memory wasn't very clear because of the alcohol, I could always clearly recall the feeling of it. It just wouldn't leave me alone and I always wondered how Jimin felt about it.

One of the following days when I was standing in the schoolyard with some of my friends including Jimin, two people walking towards us caught our attention. It was the girl Jimin had had an unrequited crush on and she was happily holding hands with a guy and giggling. The guy must've been from a different grade, because I wasn't familiar with his face. After I had passed the first state of surprise, my eyes immediately wandered to Jimin who looked more shocked. The others wouldn't have thought much of it, because they were all surprised themselves, but I just saw right through him and remembered all the times I had comforted him because of his unrequited crush. I thought he had been over her, but seeing the look on his face back then I wasn't so sure about that anymore. The couple came to stand with us and the girl happily introduced him as her boyfriend and explained that they had gotten to know each other over the summer and that he was one grade above us. I noticed Jimin looking blankly into the air as if he had zoned out. When the topic had dropped I pulled Jimin with me out of the group trying not to attract attention though and walked us to a different part of the schoolyard away from our friend's line of sight.

“Jimin are you okay?” I asked.

“Was I that obvious?” Jimin said and put on a bitter smile while looking down.

“I actually thought you were mostly over her by now.” I said.

“I am! At least I think so. It's just....seeing her like this now....with a boyfriend and all happy and smiley, it just feels weird and kind of stirred up some feelings again.” Jimin said while still looking anywhere but at me. After all the things that had happened between us it suddenly felt weird to hear him talk about his crush and his feelings at that point, but I was his friend and I just wanted to be there for him no matter what.

“I'm sorry, Jimin.” I mumbled and he finally looked up at me and smiled. I don't really remember who initiated it, but suddenly we were grasping each other in a tight hug. I let out a silent sigh. It felt so good. I felt him lay his head on my shoulder and leaned my head on his. We stayed like that for a short while until Jimin pulled back and smiled at me so wide it almost made his eyes disappear and said: “Thank you Jungkook. I'm so happy you're there for me.”

I shyly smiled back and then the school bell rang to announce the end of the break. Jimin and I walked to the entrance together. Jimin playfully bumped against me and it made my heartbeat jump. I knew that I was threatening to get in too deep, but I couldn't help it.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hoseok's POV

I didn't see much of Taehyung for the rest of the day, because we were either having different classes or the classes during which we don't sit next to each other and he was pretty much not even sparing me a glance there. I couldn't blame him though. What the hell had the teachers been thinking to put us next to each other?! My circle of friends was still sending me confused glances because I wasn't behaving like usual. I hadn't said much that day and I completely left Taehyung alone which was very unlike me. During the last few months there had hardly been a day I didn't annoy or insult Taehyung. It had become a part of my nature. I couldn't even really say when or why it started. All I knew was that after our encounter at the party the situation was troubling me all the time. I didn't feel like doing this anymore, but how would I explain that to my friends or anyone else?! I didn't know what to do. All the hatred and mockery I had directed at Taehyung felt like it had turned into something completely different. I was tired of this conflict. After seeing Taehyung cry that night it didn't bring me any joy anymore.

 

Taehyung's POV

Hoseok left me alone for the rest of the day. It was so surreal to actually go through a day of school without having to deal with his crap that I asked myself if I was dreaming. It was pleasant, but I couldn't help to still feel some kind of tension, expecting Hoseok to suddenly fall back into his old habit. And knowing that I'd have to sit next to him for some of our classes didn't really make it any better.

 

Hoseok'sPOV

When the last class of the day had ended I packed my stuff and left the classroom. While I was waiting for one of my friends outside in the hall, I saw Taehyung coming up. He was smiling at his phone.

“Probably his stupid boyfriend.” I thought and then scolded myself for thinking like that again. I realized that I much rather liked to see him smile like that than to see his face as sad as it had been that night. I hadn't thought about that before. Not like that. I had been just an ignorant prat and I hated it, but I had no idea how to make up for it.

When Taehyung passed me he looked up as if he had felt me staring at him and our eyes met. His smile had disappeared and his eyes had turned cold. He then looked away and kept walking. I felt a knot form in my stomach, but I couldn't explain why.