Thrills

Push and Pull

Taehyung's POV

I couldn't believe what had just happened. We had hugged. For the first time. Ever. Just like that. I couldn't really focus on the task we were supposed to do during the rest of the lesson. I felt utterly relieved when the bell finally rang. I started to pack up my stuff. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Hoseok doing the same.

Hey, Taehyung?” I then heard him say as he stood up and I turned my head to face him.

Hm?”

Are you done for the day?” he asked and the question irritated me a little.

Yeah. Why?”

Hoseok swayed from one feet to the other and nervously scratched the back of his neck as he said: “I just thought...maybe we could go grab something to eat to celebrate, you know.”

It took me a moment to process what he had said, so I just stared at him.

I mean, if you're busy or don't want to, that's okay.” he quickly added.

No, I don't have any plans and I...I'd like that.” I said and Hoseok smiled at me brightly, his eyes shining.

Great.” he responded. I finished packing up and we left the classroom together. We walked past Namjoon and I noticed him sending us a mix of a shocked face and a death-glare. I sighed and looked away. It wasn't very hot outside, but it was still comfortably warm and sunny. After we had left the school building Hoseok asked: “So, what do you wanna eat? Any wishes?”

I thought for a moment.

How about just pizza?” I said and Hoseok grinned at me.

I know a good place we can go to!” he then exclaimed.

Great!” I answered and we started walking towards the city.

 

Hoseok's POV

Oh my god, that's so true! He always does that!” Taehyung said around a mouthful of his pizza as we were talking about one of our teachers.

Yeah, right?” I responded and chuckled a little.

How's the pizza?” I added.

It's great!” Taehyung answered and gave me a thumbs up. After a moment of us eating in silence I said: “I'm so glad we got a good grade.”

Not just a good grade, an A, we definitely deserve this pizza!” Taehyung answered and I chuckled.

Hell yeah!” I responded and raised my can of sprite to toast with him. Taehyung raised his own can and bumped it against mine. We both took a sip and laughed. I couldn't avoid staring at him for a moment. His smile was just incredibly beautiful and contagious. When he took the next bite of his pizza a little bit of the tomato sauce got stuck to the side of his lip. I didn't even think about it, I just reached over the table and wiped it away with my thumb and then the remains off of it. Taehyung stopped chewing and looked at me surprised. When I realized what I had done I felt embarrassed.

Sorry, there was something on your...lip.” I explained and then occupied myself with my pizza.

 

Taehyung's POV

After a while of us eating in silence again Hoseok suddenly broke it.

I'm sorry for causing a fight with Namjoon, I shouldn't have just come over, it was stupid.” he said out of the blue.

It's kind of my fault, too. I didn't really tell him much about....this.” I said and briefly glanced up at him at the last word.

I only told him that we had to sit next to each other in some classes. He must've been shocked that we even talk to each other at all.” I added.

Yeah, we're probably the new talk of the school.” Hoseok said and laughed.

Probably.” I agreed and chuckled a little, too.

 

Hoseok's POV

During the next few weeks, we occasionally texted each other. I didn't go over to him during the breaks, but we sometimes met each other on the way out or in and briefly talked to each other. Things were going well between us and I was happy about it.

 

One weekend I was at a friend's house for a party. Things progressed fast and most of the people got drunk quite fast and some were making out in the corner of the room. I didn't know why, but I wasn't really in the mood for it. For all of it. For the people, for the party, just everything. I fished out my phone and suddenly thought of Taehyung wondering if he'd still be awake and what he'd be doing at the weekend. After contemplating for a few moments I texted him.

'Hey theeere. Watcha doing?'

After pressing send I instantly regretted it and felt embarrassed about it. I bit my lip and nervously waited for a reply.

', I hope I didn't wake him up....or maybe he'll not answer at all because he's already sleeping.' my mind started to rant, but then the screen of my phone lit up showing a new message from Taehyung. I excitedly opened it and read it.

'Are you drunk? O.o'

I felt even more embarrassed then, but immediately answered.

'Maybe. A little.'

A few moments later came his reply.

'Where are you?'

'At a party.' I responded.

'Then why are you texting me?'

'I'm bored and not really in the mood for the party.' I texted him.

'Then why don't you leave?' Taehyung replied.

'I'll be even more bored, then.'

'Then do something that's not boring instead.'

'What are you doing right now?'

'Just lazing around watching a movie.'

The next words that I texted him had been typed faster than my brain could catch up on what I was doing.

'Can I come over?'

I could feel my heartbeat turn erratic as I stared at my message. Several minutes went by and Taehyung still hadn't answered.

'Damn. I messed up. It was too much. What was I thinking?'

Those kind of thoughts kept rushing through my mind and when I was about to type an apology or make an excuse saying that it was a joke, Taehyung's reply finally came.

'Sure. Just text me when you're there.'

I had to reread his message several times to be able to believe it. A strange kind of excitement filled me and I immediately abandoned the party.

 

 

Jungkook's POV

The next few weeks things got more normal again. I did my best to act normal around Jimin. Jin still sent us suspicious and worried glances every time he saw us together, but I mostly ignored them. I couldn't blame him for it, though. I would probably react the same way if he had opened up to me about such a thing.

One day during the break I was walking towards my friends when I felt someone sling an arm around my shoulders. It was Jimin.

“Jungkook!” he exclaimed excitedly with his phone in his hand.

“You won't believe this!” he added. I couldn't help but smile at his cuteness. He scrolled through his phone and then showed something to me. It was an online flyer with the name of one of our favorite bands.

“They're playing a concert in Seoul! We should totally go! It's already in a few weeks, but there are still tickets available. What do you say?”

“That'd be so cool! I'll talk to my parents, but I think it will work out.” I said and got excited, too. Jimin smiled at me brightly and we hugged each other swaying around happily.

“It would be so awesome!” Jimin said.

“Yeah!”

 

 

A few days later I had talked to my parents and thankfully they had agreed and ordered my ticket. I was so excited that I had to call Jimin. He picked up the phone after a few rings.

“Jungkook?”

“My parents agreed and we ordered the ticket!” I immediately blurted out.

“Oh my god, I'm so happy! I'll order mine, too.”

“They said they'd even drive us to the location and pick us up to feel safer.”

“That'd be cool. That's really nice of them!” Jimin responded.

“I'm so excited!” I said and I really was. Not only would I attend a concert of one of my favorite bands, but I'd also be experiencing it with Jimin.

“Me, too. Did you listen to the new album, yet?”

“Yeah, it's sooo good!” I answered and we kept talking about the songs and so on and ended up talking on the phone for hours.

 

 

When the day of the concert had come I was getting ready while waiting for Jimin to arrive at my house. It took me forever to choose what to wear and I still hadn't decided when the doorbell rang. I was still in my sleeping clothes, a pair of sweatpants and a comfortable loose t-shirt, when I opened the door greeting Jimin. He had dressed up, not too much, though, but still, he looked incredibly good.

“Are you going in those clothes?” Jimin teased me as he entered the house and closed the door behind him. I chuckled and we briefly hugged.

“I need your help. I can't decide what to wear.” I said and led him to my room after he had taken off his shoes. I had already sprawled a bunch of clothes on my bed and Jimin immediately went to look through them.

“Hmm, try this shirt with these pants and show me.” he said and handed me the clothes he had named. I turned around, took off my sweatpants and put on the pants he had suggested. Then I took off my shirt and put on the one he had given me. Although he had obviously seen me this before since we had gone swimming together, I felt a little shy, though and had the feeling that his eyes were on me, but I couldn't know for sure. I then turned back around to face him again and asked: “What do you think?”

He then made me try on a few other shirts until we settled on one of them and a jacket over it.

“Can I style your hair?” he asked. I shrugged.

“Sure. I wouldn't know what to do with it anyway.” I responded and sat down on my desk chair as Jimin looked through the few hair products I possessed and brought a comb. He started to comb my hair first and then styled it with hair gel running his hands through my hair to make it look the way he wanted it. I closed my eyes and relaxed. His touch made me get goosebumps.

“Hey, don't fall asleep.” he said and giggled. I smiled without opening my eyes.

“I'm not sleeping! Just relaxing. Can I hire you as my new hair stylist?”

Jimin laughed.

“Sure, but I'm expensive.”

 

 

A few hours later we were standing in the middle of a large crowd of people, dancing and jumping to the music. It was awesome. Just like I had imagined it. Even better. It was thrilling and exhausting at the same time. Towards the end of the concert the band played one of their slower songs and the audience started to wave their arms to the music. When they hit the refrain I felt Jimin take my hand and interlace our fingers. It was so unexpected that I couldn't even really react. I was too overwhelmed by it all. The music, Jimin's hand in mine and my heart freaking out in my chest. I didn't dare to look at Jimin. I feared that I'd fall even harder than I already had.