Clarity or Dubiety?

Push and Pull

Hoseok's POV

Taehyung held onto me and kept crying and sobbing into my shoulder. It broke my heart. I my hands up and down his back trying to calm him down as I felt his body shaking against mine.

This is not just because of what I said, right?” I carefully asked and felt Taehyung nod against my shoulder a moment later.

Your ex?” I asked silently. Taehyung didn't say anything, but another loud sob escaped his throat and that was enough of an answer. I wrapped my arms tighter around him and leaned my head on his. I wanted to make it go away. I wanted to make all of his pain go away. I hated to see him this sad.

We stayed like that for a while, but then I suddenly felt a raindrop hit me and looked up. Within seconds it started raining heavily.

!” I said and we pulled apart. Taehyung picked up his backpack and put it on. I then grabbed his hand and we ran.

 

Taehyung's POV

We arrived at my doorstep and I hurriedly fished out my keys. Although we had run there we still got quite wet in the rain. I unlocked my front door and stepped inside. When I looked back at Hoseok I saw him still standing outside looking a little unsure.

I guess I'll-” he started, but I interrupted him.

Are you mad? It's raining like crazy, come in!” I said. Hoseok stepped inside, too and closed the door. We both took a moment to catch our breaths and enjoyed the sudden warmth of being inside, but I knew we'd catch a cold if we'd stay in our wet clothes. I took off my shoes and Hoseok did the same.

Come with me.” I then said and walked upstairs. On my way to my room I grabbed a few towels from the bathroom. We walked into my room and Hoseok closed the door. I hung the towels over my chair and went over to the cupboard to get dry clothes for us. I took out a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie and threw them over to Hoseok with one of the towels. He caught them and then I took out some clothes for me, too. I was starting to feel the coldness of my clothes seep into my body. Hoseok was standing there as if he had no clue what to do, it was almost a little ridiculous. I turned away and started taking off my clothes hoping he'd get the hint and do the same. I freed my upper body and then took the towel drying myself a little before taking off my pants, too and doing the same to my legs. I heard little noises from behind me so I assumed that Hoseok was changing, too. Then I put on the pair of sweatpants and the comfortable over-sized sweater I had taken out. I was still feeling a little chilly though. I then took the towel again and rubbed my hair with it. I was in thought hoping that my face wouldn't look too swollen or tear-stained when I felt two arms wrap around my waist pulling me close. I dropped the towel. He tightened his grip and I felt him lean his head on my shoulder pressing his cheek to my neck. My heart skipped a beat and I hesitatingly put my arms over his.

I'm really sorry...” he whispered. I closed my eyes and leaned my head back against him for just a moment before pulling out of his embrace. I walked over to my bed and sat up against the wall pulling the blanket over me because I still felt cold. Hoseok walked over wearing the dry clothes I had given him and climbed on the bed, too sitting next to me. I offered him the blanket and he scooted closer covering himself, too.

 

Hoseok's POV

I lifted my arm and put it around Taehyung. He leaned his head back on my arm and then we hushed for a few moments.

What's with your ex? Did something happen?” I tentatively asked and heard him sigh.

He's been posting lovey-dovey stuff with his new boyfriend on his social media account and I was stupid enough to keep looking at it.” he said. I looked over at him and saw him looking down sadly. I reached out letting my fingers sightly down his cheek and I felt my heart shaking, but in that moment the urge to touch him was stronger than everything else that was trying to hold me back.

I hate it that he still makes you cry.” I said and Taehyung looked up at me. I dropped my hand and we just looked at each other. It felt like there was so much to say, but none of us dared. He then turned sideways leaning his head on my shoulder and snuggled up to my side. I let my hand wander to his and hesitatingly touched it. Taehyung responded to the touch and we tenderly played around with each other's fingers. It made my heart flutter.

 

Taehyung's POV

I felt Hoseok his fingers up and down my side and I got goosebumps. I started to feel the exhaustion of the school day seep into me and let my body relax as I snuggled up against Hoseok closing my eyes. I couldn't help noticing that he smelled nice. Hoseok kept over my back and my side and I felt myself dozing off.

 

Hoseok's POV

I heard Taehyung take slow and even breaths and when I turned my head to look at his face I saw that he had his eyes closed. He looked so peaceful. It warmed my heart.

I then tried to move away from him to be able to put him in a lying position, but he suddenly grabbed my hoodie and held onto me tightly. I looked at him surprised and saw him looking up at me with drowsy eyes. It looked adorable.

Please don't go~” he mumbled. I scooted back to my former position and pulled the blanket tighter around him.

I'm not going anywhere...” I said and felt him relax again as he cuddled up to me. I started rubbing my hand over his back again and he seemed to be dozing off again, so I leaned my head on his and enjoyed the warmth that he was spreading on my body.

A few minutes later I suddenly heard footsteps on the stairs.

Taehyung?!” I heard his mother call. A few moments later she knocked on the door. I didn't want to answer, because I didn't want to wake Taehyung up. After a couple seconds of silence she just opened the door and I lifted my head looking up at her feeling a little bashful. I put my finger against my lips to signal her to be quiet. Her eyes then wandered to Taehyung's sleeping figure and she smiled softly. She looked back up to me and waved at me as she smiled. I shyly smiled back and then she turned around and left again silently closing the door behind her. I sighed and leaned my head back against the wall. I slid my hand into Taehyung's hair carefully caressing it as I listened to his even breaths.

 

 

Jungkook's POV

I was lying on my bed on my side facing Jimin who was lying next to me mirroring my position. Even just being this close, just looking at him made my heart beat faster than it should. Jimin's hand reached out to mine and he tenderly his fingers over my skin as he looked back into my eyes. He then scooted even closer and we leaned our heads together. I closed my eyes and took deep breaths. Was this actually real? Was it really happening? Was he really lying next to me touching me?

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard voices in the hall. My eyes shot open and we pulled apart sitting up trying to look as inconspicuous as possible. A second later there was a knock on my door.

“Yes?!” I answered and the door opened. My mother came in and looked a bit surprised when she saw Jimin.

“Oh, hello!” she then said and smiled at him.

“Hello Mrs. Jeon.” Jimin answered and smiled back.

“We just wanted to let you know that we're back.” she then said to me. “Do you need anything?”

I sneaked a short glance at Jimin before answering.

“No, mum, we're good.”

“Alright. I'll leave you two alone, then.” she said and smiled at us once more before leaving. I put my hands down behind me on the bed to support myself and leaned back a little before sighing.

“I already got some confused and curious messages from my friends about the party...” I said.

“What did you answer?” Jimin asked.

“Nothing. I didn't reply, yet.” I said and looked down.

“Tomorrow ain't gonna be an easy day...” I added.

“Yeah, probably...” Jimin answered and we hushed for a moment.

“What do we tell them?” I then asked. I heard Jimin sigh.

“I don't know...”

“Did Cara contact you, yet?” I asked and got a little nervous.

“Yeah...she wanted to know why I just left her there since we came together.”

“What did you answer?”

“Nothing. Didn't reply, yet, either.” he said and let out a short laugh.

“What are you gonna tell her?”

“I don't know, yet...” he answered and I noticed him scooting closer. He reached out and took my hand, but I pulled away.

“Jimin, I just-...I don't think I can do this knowing that you might be doing the same with Cara.” I said and buried my face in my hands. Even just the thought of it was troubling me so much.

“It's not like that...” Jimin said. His voice sounded the slightest bit sad.

“Then how is it? How far did you two go? How often did you make out already? I can't stop thinking about it, it's driving me crazy.” I said as I looked up, but felt a little embarrassed after saying it. Jimin looked a little bashful, too as he looked back at me. He looked down and hushed. What the hell was that supposed to mean?

“.” I said and got up pacing up and down my room. Jimin got up too and stopped my movement by wrapping his arms around my waist from behind and pressing his face to my back. My heart beat uncontrollably.

“Jungkook~...” he aspirated and tightened his grip. “Can't you understand that I'm afraid?...If we do this...if we make this serious...it will mean that we're gonna have to do a coming-out...both of us...I've never had feelings for a guy before, I don't know how to deal with this.”

I closed my eyes and placed my hands on his arms slightly them.

“I don't know if I'm ready for that.” Jimin whispered. I loosened his grip and turned around.

“How do you expect that to work? Do you want us to act like we're just friends when we're in school? I don't think I can do that. Not after everything that's happened.” I said. Jimin let his head fall on my shoulder.

“I want to be with you, Jungkook, I do...” he aspirated and my heart was shaking.

“But I think I need some time to think and clear my mind.” he added.

“What about Cara?” I asked. Jimin lifted his head.

“I'll make it stop.” he said and sincerely looked into my eyes. I had no idea how I was looking back at him, but I was sure that I hadn't been able to hide my emotions. Jimin's hands slid around my neck and he pressed his soft lips against mine. I responded to his kiss trying to make him understand all the things I couldn't say.

“I think I should go now.” Jimin said when we parted. I nodded.

“See you tomorrow?” he asked.

“Yes...I hope it won't be too bad.” I answered.

“It'll be okay.” Jimin said and hugged me goodbye.