War of Hearts

Push and Pull

author-note: Thank you for the supportive comments <3 Here's the next chapter, but I changed the flow for this one and wrote going back and forth between the Jikook and Vhope parts. I hope you like it. Please comment and subscribe! Love y'all! :)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Jungkook's POV

When I got home that day and entered my room I noticed that I hadn't tidied up for a while, it was looking a bit messy, so I started picking up the clothes on the floor and put the trash away. When I spotted an unfamiliar piece of clothing on the floor, I picked it up and spread it open in the air. I was confused at first and then realized that it was the shirt Jimin had worn to the concert. I never thought I'd be the person to do such a weird thing, but I actually pressed my nose into it and noticed that it really smelled a little like Jimin.

“I'm crazy...” I mumbled to myself shaking my head and then just hung the shirt over my desk chair.

When I was done tidying up I plopped down on my bed and fished out my phone seeing that I had a message from Jimin.

'X's big party is next weekend. Are you coming?'

She was always a fancy party-thrower, but this year she was apparently gonna go overboard. Everyone was excited. I wasn't sure about it.

'I don't know, yet. Are you going?' I answered. I sat on my bed cross-legged and took some stuff out of my backpack to do my homework. Before I started I looked at my phone again seeing that Jimin had answered.

'Yeah, Cara and I already planned to preparty.'

I sighed.

'Thanks Jimin, very helpful.' I thought to myself and put my phone away not answering. I wasn't sure whether I'd come, yet, anyway, so I didn't really know what to answer.

In the evening when I was about to go to bed my eyes fell on the shirt again. I reached out my hand and let it slowly slide over the fabric. I then shook my head and pulled my hand away scolding myself inwardly.

 

 

Hoseok's POV

Taehyung got up and went into the hall to take the call telling me that it was his mum. I kept watching TV, but my mind was elsewhere. I couldn't believe I had let that kind of question slip out of my mouth. I was kind of thankful that the call had interrupted our conversation, because I really didn't know how weird it could've turned. A few minutes later Taehyung came back into the living room and sighed.

“My mum's having trouble with the computer and needs my help. Apparently Dad's not much of a help, either, so I guess I'll go home and help her.” he said and rolled his eyes.

“Alright.” I said and got up. He took his empty plate and we walked to the kitchen putting the plates in the dishwasher. Then we walked back into the hall where Taehyung picked up his backpack. I walked him to the front door and he suddenly turned to me.

“Uhm, about X's party next weekend...are you coming?” he said.

“Well, everyone's saying it's probably gonna be the party of the year, so yeah I guess I'll go, too.” I said swaying from one feet to the other. Taehyung nodded.

“What about you?” I asked.

“Yeah, Minjae's gonna drag me there anyway.” Taehyung said. It was silent for a moment. Our eyes met.

“Thanks again...for today.” Taehyung said and smiled slightly.

“No problem.” I answered and smiled at him. I took a hesitant step forward trying to signal him what I was trying to do. Taehyung stepped closer, too and we simultaneously wrapped our arms around each other in a quick hug. Although it was so short I noticed that he smelled fresh and of shampoo. I felt somehow disappointed when he pulled away, but didn't let it show.

“See you Monday.” Taehyung said.

“Yeah, see you.” I answered and then he left.

 

 

Jungkook's POV

I didn't answer anything to Jimin's text message, but he didn't mention it. He stayed close to me during the week, though and it wasn't as bad as I had expected, but everytime I saw him standing and laughing with Cara during the breaks out in the yard it felt like someone was clenching my heart.

Towards the end of the week he kept asking me if I'd be at the party and my friends kept bugging me about it, too, so I said I'd come.

When Saturday rolled around I actually started to get into the mood for it. I wanted to enjoy it. I wanted to have fun and let loose, I just wasn't sure if I'd be able to do that, but I didn't want to spend another party sulking sitting alone in some corner. I wasn't gonna let that happen.

 

 

Taehyung's POV

Unfortunately my mood dropped again during the week, because my ex kept posting lovey-dovey stuff on his social media account and I was stupid enough to keep looking at it. I wasn't really in the mood to go to the party at the weekend, but I knew Minjae would drag me there anyway. We agreed to meet up at his place before the party to do some pre-drinking and then we'd go to the party. As soon as I entered his room I snatched the next bottle of alcohol I found and started drinking. I just wanted to drink enough to forget about it all. To forget about my stupid ex and his new boyfriend. To forget that we'd ever been together at all. And to forget that I felt like a lonely single loser.

 

Hoseok's POV

I wasn't sure how to feel about the party, but knowing that Taehyung would be there at least kind of pushed my motivation. When we walked into the club X had rented she stood at the entrance greeting everyone and giving out shots. We shouted over the loud music to congratulate her for her birthday and she smiled at us and shouted back: “Have fun!”

We made our way around the crowd and found a place to sit down at the side. When I looked around I noticed that she had apparently really invited most of our grade, but there were also some people that I had never seen before.

I looked around curiously trying to spot Taehyung, but couldn't see him. I fished my phone out of the pocket of my pants and texted him.

'Are you there, yet?'

My friends got us a bunch of drinks and after my second one I still didn't have an answer from Taehyung. After a while I saw Namjoon passing by. I considered asking him about Taehyung, but quickly decided against it. After his outburst in the yard I thought it wouldn't be such a good idea. I drank another drink and a girl tried to get me to dance, but I politely declined the offer. I kept looking at my phone, but there was still no answer from Taehyung. When I spotted Minjae I bit my lip and contemplated for a moment before I got up and walked over. I tapped on his shoulder and he turned around. When he saw that it was me he looked a bit confused. I leaned closer and spoke loudly to drown out the music.

Where's Taehyung?”

Minjae looked around a bit and then pointed somewhere. I followed his line of sight and finally spotted Taehyung. My jaw dropped to the ground.

 

 

Jungkook's POV

My friends and I arrived at the party quite early when the club wasn't that full yet. I tried to distract myself and we started drinking, but I took it slow. That resolution kind of went down the drain when Jimin and Cara stumbled into the club arms around each other giggling. I forced myself to look away and downed the rest of my drink before getting up to get a new one. When I walked back to my friends with a new drink in my hand I saw Jimin and Cara coming towards the bar. There was some kind of smirk on Jimin's face that made me want to throw up and kiss it off at the same time. When Jimin saw me his eyes lit up.

Jungkook!” Jimin called.

Hey.” I answered and did my best to smile. We hugged and I wanted it to last longer, but he pulled away and then Cara also hugged me.

Heeeeey~” she said way too loud making it quite obvious that she had already downed a few, but Jimin didn't seem to be much more sober either.

 

 

Hoseok's POV

Taehyung was among the crowd dancing, but dancing was a word way too neutral to describe how it looked. He was wearing tight jeans and a shirt that was ripped at his shoulders with a rather wide collar revealing his collarbones and was hugging his body in all the right places. His hair was just the right bit messy and he had his eyes closed as he sensually moved his body to the music. I felt like I couldn't move and I couldn't tear my eyes away from him for several moments. When I broke out of my rigor I contemplated whether I should go over to him or not, but he suddenly opened his eyes. His fierce gaze sent a shiver down my spine and he suddenly walked in our direction. When he saw me his face broke into a gorgeous smile and he flung his arms around my neck. I was a bit perplexed at first, but then responded to his gushy hug and pulled him the slightest bit closer. I could smell the alcohol, though. He was obviously drunk. When we pulled apart I noticed Minjae giving us a weird look and then Taehyung turned to him snatching his drink out of his hand before taking a few big sips.

Hey!” Minjae complained and Taehyung smiled brightly as he returned his drink. Taehyung turned around then walking towards the crowd again.

Hey, where are you going?” I called after him. He turned around and happily shouted: “Dancing!”

I felt a bit disappointed, but I also didn't want to go join him. I wasn't really in the mood for it, yet, so I ordered another drink instead and walked back to my friends.

A while later I saw Taehyung stumbling out of the crowd of dancing people and he was dragging a guy with him. They stood at the bar drinking together and leaning in close to talk to each other. The guy said something in Taehyung's ear and I saw a smile spreading on Taehyung's face. My mood darkened although I had no objective reason for it. I tried to look away, but my eyes kept wandering towards them. Seeing Taehyung flirt with the guy stirred something deep inside of me, I just couldn't name or explain it.

After finishing their drinks they walked back to the dancing crowd but stayed near the side so they were still in my line of sight. I took a sip of my drink and sighed. They started dancing again and I kept staring at them goomily. It got worse when Taehyung slung his arms around the guy's neck and the guy put his hands on Taehyung's hips to pull him closer. And suddenly they stopped dancing. I was a bit confused until I took a closer look and saw that they were kissing.

 

 

Jungkook's POV

I had lost count of how many drinks I'd had a while ago. When Jimin and Cara came to sit with us I felt the urge to flee and fortunately at that moment I heard one of my favorite songs sounding, so I got up and made my way deep into the crowd of dancing people and joined them. I closed my eyes shutting everything out and just danced letting the music flood my senses.

About halfway through the song I felt a hand briefly touch my back. I opened my eyes and saw that Jimin had joined me. I looked around to see if he had brought Cara, too, but she wasn't around. Jimin danced, too and I couldn't stop myself from staring. I was too drunk to care, though. It got a little more crowded around us so Jimin came closer. Too close for me to think clear. When someone bumped against Jimin he stumbled towards me and I automatcally put my arms around his waist to hold him. He looked up at me and giggled. My breath got caught in my throat and I stared at his face. It was so close. I kept my arms around his waist and Jimin loosely slung his arms around my neck and we kept dancing. With my hands on his waist I could feel the slow movements of his hips. I was definitely too drunk to be rational, because I felt my hands pulling him closer. Jimin's smile faded a little and he looked up at me. I stared right back at him and for a moment it felt like we were the only people in the room. I felt his fingers tentatively over the back of my neck and it sent a wave of goosebumps over my body. It felt surreal, but at the same time incredibly intensive. I dared to wrap my arms tighter around him and pressed him flush against me. He looked at me with a conflicted expression and my eyes flickered down to his lips. I felt such a strong and raw desire for him, I felt like I might burn up from the inside if I wouldn't give in to it, so I did. God knows what came over me, but I pushed forward and captured his lips letting my eyes flutter shut. I regretted it immedately, my mind racing with thoughts.

'. . . What am I doing? Oh God!'

But when I felt Jimin press his lips back against mine it all blurred and I couldn't concentrate anymore. I tentatively moved my lips against his and he responded to it. His lips felt hot and soft and I didn't want to stop ever. I felt Jimin slide one of his hands into my hair and I captured his bottom lip between mine and slightly on it. Jimin's hot breath hit me and I felt him press himself more against me. We parted for air for just a second and looked at each other before diving right back in.

 

 

Hoseok's POV

The guy pulled Taehyung closer and I could see Taehyung's hand slide into his hair. It escalated quickly and they started making out wildly. I felt like I was suffocating and felt the strong urge to get out of there. Without a word I got up and left the club. The cold air of the night hit my face and sobered me up a little, but it only made the turmoil inside of me worse. I started walking as my thoughts kept racing around the images imprinted on my mind. I was supposed to be happy that he was having fun, being happy and distracting himself. I was supposed to be happy for him, but I just wasn't. I couldn't.

 

 

Jungkook's POV

We stumbled out of the club into the cold air of the night, but I didn't feel cold. It was quite the opposite actually, I felt like I was burning up. I held his hand and pulled him around the corner. Jimin slung his arms around my neck again pressing our lips together and stumbled a little backwards until his back met the wall. I came closer, my hands on his hips as I deepened the kiss and our hot tongues mingled with each other. Jimin let out a silent moan and it made me moan, too. We desirously made out for a while little moans and sighs escaping our mouths now and then as we pressed and tugged at the other's body and I couldn't get enough. I was still not quite sure it was real, fearing I'd just wake up any second and realize that it had been just a dream, but it didn't seem to happen. When our lips parted for air we were breathing heavily and looked up at each other. Jimin looked so beautiful, so incredibly beautiful, it threatened to overwhelm me. I let my head fall on his shoulder and then pressed my nose to the side of his neck inhaling his scent. My head was spinning. It was all too much, but not enough. Jimin's fingernails scraped over the back of my neck and a shiver ran down my spine. I pressed my lips to the skin of his neck, softly and on his skin and felt Jimin shudder against me.

Jungkook!~” he breathlessly moaned. I pressed harder against him as I kept worming all kinds of sounds out of his beautiful lips. Alcohol wasn't the drug I was on. He was my drug, my addiction. When my lips left his skin he made a desperate sound as if he was missing the contact. I lifted my head and leaned my forehead against his. I closed my eyes taking a moment to catch my breath.

Jimin~...” I aspirated his name not quite sure what I was trying to say. My heart thumped hard and fast in my chest and I just wished this moment would never end. I slowly opened my eyes and leaned back to look into Jimin's eyes. I opened my mouth struggling for words, but I couldn't find them.

I-” I started, but Jimin put a finger against my lips and shook his head before pulling me into another kiss.