Flight

Push and Pull

Taehyung's POV

Next time I woke up it happened because I felt something on my back. I didn't open my eyes, yet and just concentrated on the feeling. The arm that Hoseok had wrapped around me didn't seem to be there anymore, but I felt his fingers run up and down my back drawing patterns and circles.

'Is he awake?' I wondered and felt goosebumps spread over my body from his touch, but I tried to keep my breathing steady to not get caught being awake, too. It wasn't exactly easy though with the thought of Jung freaking Hoseok lying behind me and somehow caressing my back. What was he doing? And why? Was he bored? Or just waiting for me to wake up, too? I got more and more confused the more I thought about it. I then heard Hoseok let out a sigh and felt his nose press against the skin of my neck. My heart stopped. What the hell was happening? What was he doing?

I heard him curse under his breath and suddenly all contact was gone. The bed dipped and he seemed to get up. I kept my eyes shut to keep up the facade of being asleep, but my heart threatened to burst out of my chest. For a moment it was silent and I wondered what he was doing. I heard some noises near my bed and he made a distressed sound. And then I heard the door of my room open and close. I tore open my eyes and looked around seeing that his leather jacket was gone. So he'd probably not just gone to the bathroom. He left. He just left. I felt a turmoil rise in my head. Why did he leave? What's wrong? Did I do something wrong? I propped myself up on my elbows and saw a piece of paper lying on my bedside table. My heart skipped a beat and I hurriedly grabbed it.

'Sorry for falling asleep on your bed. I didn't want to wake you when I left. Thanks for letting me come over.'

I read the note over and over again, but I couldn't shake the feeling that it wasn't all there was to it. I put the note back on the table and let myself fall back down into the mattress. I pulled the blanket higher and snuggled into it as I went back to my sideward position, but my bed suddenly felt utterly empty. It had felt so good to have someone around at night. It had felt good to have Hoseok around.

'.' I thought. 'What's happening?'

 

Hoseok's POV

I got up from Taehyung's bed and had to stop for a moment as I looked at him looking so peaceful and beautiful. Utterly beatiful. It scared me. I had the strong urge to get away from there. To get away from this.

I felt weird just leaving so I took the next piece of paper I could find and scribbled a short note to explain, but even as I read it myself it sounded stupid. I put it down and sneaked out of his room. I silently went downstairs and put on my shoes and nearly got a heart attack when I heard footsteps. I startled and turned around only to see Taehyung's mother standing in the hallway. I felt totally embarassed. What would she be thinking of this? Me sneaking out of the house in these clothes early in the morning.

“Oh, Good Morning. Hoseok was it?” she said and smiled at me.

“Uh, yeah.” was all I brought out. I must've looked like a deer in the headlights.

“I didn't know you came over.” she said.

“I spontaneously came over yesterday evening and we accidentally fell asleep.” I said honestly. She nodded and then added: “Why are you leaving already? I could make you some breakfast.”

“No thanks.” I said and smiled as politely as I could. “I have stuff to do at home and I didn't want to wake Taehyung, so I'll go now.”

“Alright.” she answered, but looked a bit disappointed. I put on my leather jacket.

“It was nice to see you again, Mrs Kim.” I said and we said goodbye. As soon as I was out the door and had closed it behind me I let out a long sigh. I then started walking home, but it rather felt like I was running away. But from what?

 

Taehyung's POV

I tossed and turned in bed for a while longer, but couldn't fall asleep anymore. I felt weirdly burdened as I got up and went to the bathroom first. Afterwards I scuffled downstairs and heard noises from the kitchen. It was probably my mum, she had always been an early bird.

When I entered the kitchen rubbing my eyes she turned around and smiled at me brightly. It was almost blinding.

“Good Morning, Honey!” she said. I wasn't really a morning person so I just mumbled a silent “Morning.” as I walked over to hug her and then sat down on one of the chairs trying to wake up.

“You just missed him by half an hour or something.” she said and I was a bit confused at first.

“What?” I just asked cluelessly.

“Hoseok. He left about half an hour or so.”

“You saw him?” I asked suddenly wide awake.

“I talked to him. Probably startled him a little. I caught him trying to sneak out of the house and he looked at me like a deer in the headlights.” she said and laughed. My brain was still trying to process the information.

“What did he say?” I asked.

“He said he came over spontaneously and that you two fell asleep. He said he had stuff to do at home and didn't want to wake you.” she said and sent me a meaningful gaze.

“What?” I asked.

“Come on, he looked as if I had caught him red-handed. I'm happy for you! You can just tell me!” she said and the penny dropped.

“Mum, no! We-...God, it's not like that. Believe me. My love-life is not that adventurous right now. It's actually rather non-existent.” I said as I got up from the chair and went over to the fridge to rummage through it. She just chuckled and said: “I don't believe you.”

I sighed and yawned.

“Mum, it's really way too early for these kind of discussions right now.” I answered.

“Why are you up this early anyway?” she then asked, because I usually slept quite long during weekends.

“I woke up and then couldn't fall asleep anymore.” I mumbled.

“Got anything to do with the boy sneaking out of our house?” she teased me. I groaned.

“Please mum, stop! Or I'll just flee back upstairs.” I whined and she walked over to kiss my hair and then remained silent while I decided what to eat for breakfast.

 

 

Jungkook's POV

We just lazed around watching movies or playing video games for hours. In between we once went to the kitchen to get some snacks, but apart from that we stayed in my room. During the afternoon we kind of got a little tired again and just spread out on my bed opposite each other while looking at our phones. I heard Jimin's phone vibrate and saw him smile. I was about to ask what was up, when he spoke up and answered my question. I wish he hadn't.

“Cara's asking if I'll come over this evening. Do you want to come, too?”

My heart sank and I felt an unpleasant feeling spread in my stomach.

“No, I'm not really in the mood to go out.” I said and went to stare back at my phone trying to sound nonchalant.

“It's not really going out. We're just hanging out at her place with some people, just lazing around maybe drinking something.”

“I'm not sure if I'm invited, too.” I said. Jimin looked up.

“What are you talking about? You're friends with Cara, too, she'll be happy to see you.” Jimin said and I just shrugged.

“So are we going?” Jimin asked excitedly. I sighed.

“Come on!” he whined and crawled over to me to tickle me. I dropped my phone and tried to defend myself as I giggled.

“No, stop! Please!” I brought out in between my laughter.

“So, we're going?” he asked again as he continued.

“YES! Alright!” I called and he stopped. I tried to catch my breath and he sat next to me smiling triumphantly. When he seemed unguarded I caught him off-guard and pulled him down switching our positions and started to tickle him, too.

“Revenge!” I called out and he started to giggle adorably. I just wanted to listen to it, forever. I felt his muscled tense underneath my fingers as he writhed underneath me. Jimin then wrapped his arms and legs around me trying to pull me down. We rolled around a little as I tried to escape and we fell off the bed.

“Ouch.” we both said as we separated and then laughed.

 

 

Jimin called his parents to tell them where he'd be and when he'd be coming home, so that they'd not worry and then I let him use my charger. We ate dinner with my parents and I told them about our plans. They seemed a little surprised, but had no objections. Jimin took a shower first and came back into my room with only a towel around his waist. I couldn't help staring a little. Jimin then rummaged through my cupboard to choose clothes as I got up from the bed to go take a shower, too.

“Wait.” he said and threw a pair of black jeans at me followed by a black and red striped pullover.

“Wear that.” he said.

“So you are gonna be my new stylist, then?” I asked referring to the hair-styling-situaton the day before. Jimin laughed and I grabbed new underwear before leaving the room to go to the bathroom. After showering I put on the clothes Jimin had given me and went back to my room while rubbing my hair with a small towel. When I entered the room I saw Jimin still standing in front of my cupboard with only the pants on he had worn the day before. I had to stare at his muscly back and the way his curved in his tight pants. After several moments I forced myself to look away and said: “You're still not done choosing clothes?”

He turned around and held up a sweater and a plaid button-down.

“I can't choose.” he said. I examined them and pointed at the button-down.

“Wear a black shirt underneath and leave it open.” I said and sat down on my bed still rubbing my hair dry.

“Okay.” Jimin answered and did as I told him.

 

We walked to Cara's house together and I was a bit unsure what to feel. I felt happy to be spending more time with Jimin, but I didn't feel so comfortable to be spending it with Cara at her place, but I tried my best to stay in a good mood. Jimin was right. Cara was my friend, too and I shouldn't let this ruin it. We arrived and Cara excitedly hugged me when she saw me. We entered the house and went upstairs to her room. There were really just about 5 or 6 people, some sitting on the ground or the small sofa she had in her room and some sat on her bed. They greeted us friendly and Cara immediately offered us drinks. We just drank and talked for a while and this time Jimin really stayed by my side. It made me happy and I relaxed. I knew some of the people from the other party where I had been pretty drunk so it was easier to socialize with them and they seemed to remember me as pretty fun, but then someone suggested playing truth or dare and I got a little nervous. I didn't like the game because A there wasn't much I could tell, because I was pretty inexperienced and B compared to other people I wasn't really comfortable with the idea of having to casually kiss anyone. Especially not the way it was right now, but kissing seemed to be no big deal to anyone but me. I didn't want to be the one person ruining the mood so I agreed to play and we formed something similar to a circle settling in with pillows and our drinks. The first few rounds I got spared, but then I got asked “Truth or Dare” and I felt myself get a little fidgety.

“Truth.” I said and secretly hoped it would be an easy question or at least something that wouldn't completely humiliate or embarrass me.

“When was the last time you kissed someone?” one of Cara's female friends asked me. There wasn't much to think about since I had only kissed Jimin so far, but I acted like I was in thought for a moment and then said: “At the end of our summer holidays.”

I tried to keep my eyes from drifting to Jimin and someone asked: “Who?”, but Cara interrupted the person saying that the turn was over and that you could only ask ONE question and I was pretty thankful for that. It was my turn then and I asked Cara.

“Truth or Dare.” I said and she chose truth. I thought for a moment and couldn't help ask the question that had bugged me for a while now.

“Are you interested in someone right now?”

Cara smirked a little and said: “Yes.”

I could swear I saw her quickly glance at Jimin, but I wasn't sure. My mood already started to sink, but that was by far not the worst the evening would have in store for me.