Butterflies and Bumblebees

Push and Pull

Jungkook's POV

During the following days, Jimin and I spent more time together again and it was often initiated by him. I didn't know what to make out of it. It surprised me, but I was also happy about it. I just wasn't sure why it was happening. We hadn't spoken of the kiss again anymore. It was almost like it hadn't happened at all. But it had. It had been real. I couldn't just black that out.

 

One day when I was having a few free periods and not really much homework to do for school, I sat down at one of the tables that were placed in the corner of the big foyer with a few chairs and benches. I took my jacket and folded it to one big huddle to use it as a pillow and put it on the table. Then I wrapped my arms around it and l laid my head on it with a big sigh snuggling into it to find a comfortable position. I closed my eyes and tried to relax. A few moments later I heard someone shuffle around me, but I didn't really bother to look up. I thought it might just be some other student who was having a free period.

Suddenly I felt something touch my arm. I turned my head to the side and opened my eyes. I almost got a heart-attack when I saw Jimin sitting next to me, mirroring my position and looking at me.

“Hi.” he whispered and smiled at me. I felt a turmoil in my stomach. Maybe butterflies. I cleared my throat.

“Hi.” I whispered back.

“Free Period too?” he asked.

“Yes.” I answered.

“Being very productive I see.” he teased me and laughed.

“Shut up, I'm tired.” I said and laughed too before snuggling into my jacket again and closing my eyes to not have to look at Jimin's bright smile anymore. I heard him move and then I suddenly felt him wind his arms around my torso and lay his head on my shoulder. I stiffened for a moment, but the tension in my body soon faded. It didn't really help the feeling in my stomach though.

“What are you doing?” I mumbled.

“I'm tired too.” he said in a whiny tone.

“Then get a pillow.” I .

“I don't want to.”

“Why?”

“You're much more comfortable.” he mumbled and snuggled against my shoulder. I felt a pleasant warmth spread inside my body, but at the same time I felt shivery. Jimin suddenly removed his head and I missed the contact immediately, but I then felt him start to lightly trace shapes on my back with his fingers.

'Could he make the situation any worse for me?' I thought to myself.

I got goosebumps and unconsciously let out a welfare sigh. I heard Jimin chuckle.

“Feels good?” Jimin asked. I just mumbled a sound that was supposed to be a 'yes'.

I felt his fingers slide up my back and my neck and then Jimin started to play around with wisps of my hair. It felt a little surreal, but it also felt incredibly good. I loved it when people played with my hair. Jimin knew that. And we had done these things before. Skinship had always been normal in our friendship, but I felt different about it now.

He then started to run his fingers through my hair. I thought my heart would burst out of my chest any second. Shivers were constantly running down my spine. Jimin playfully pulled my hair a little to tease me.

“Hey!” I mumbled, but it lacked any kind of actual protest. Jimin chuckled again.

“What are you two lovebirds doing?” I heard a familiar voice say. I looked up and Jimin removed his hand scooting a little further away from me, barely noticeable, but I did notice. The comment had come from a friend of ours who sat down next to us. Jimin just laughed it off and I put my head back down secretly mourning the end of the moment.

 

 

Hoseok's POV

A few days later I was already sitting on my chair next to Taehyung's a few minutes before the lesson would start. Taehyung wasn't there, yet and I started to wonder why. Then I suddenly heard his familiar voice as he entered the classroom together with a friend. They were arguing about something as they were walking to our table.

“It's just. I don't get it. He usually doesn't do that.” I heard Taehyung say as they got closer to the table. I acted like I was being occupied with my phone. When Taehyung arrived at our table he put down his bag and sat down. His friend walked to the front of the table and stood before Taehyung not even sparing me a glance.

“Maybe something happened. You don't know. Maybe something's going on. Or maybe he's just busy and you're totally overreacting.” he said and I started to wonder who or what they were talking about. Were they talking about Taehyung's boyfriend?

Taehyung sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

“I don't know, but he's never done that. He usually contacts me every day and he was being a little weird the days before when we talked on the phone.” he said and I was quite sure then that they were in fact talking about his boyfriend, but I kept acting like I was uninterested and playing with my phone.

“Did you fight?” the friend asked.

“No, not at all.” Taehyung said and sighed again. “It's starting to worry me.” he then added.

“Don't get all crazy about it. Just wait a few days. I bet he'll contact you and explain everything.” his friend responded and then looked at the clock.

“I gotta go. The bell's gonna ring any second.” he added.

“Okay, see you later.” Taehyung said. His friend gave him a sympathetic smile and then left. When he was gone I felt the urge to talk to Taehyung or ask him what was going on, but I knew it wasn't really any of my business. I put down my phone, turned my body a little sideways towards him as he was unpacking his stuff and silently said: “Morning.”

Taehyung looked up from rummaging through his backpack and sighed.

“Morning.” he replied, but it sounded quite stressed.

“Everything okay?” I asked although I obviously already knew that it wasn't.

“No not really.” he honestly replied and I was surprised that he had. When I was about to ask him about it, the teacher entered the classroom, shut the door and loudly greeted the class. I turned forward again, but bit my lip. The lesson was absolutely not what interested me in that moment.