Stupid Feelings

Push and Pull

Taehyung's POV

We were still looking at each other while his hands were still embracing mine when I heard someone call: “Hey Tae~”. We apruptly pulled apart and Hoseok turned away. I looked up and saw Minjae walking over to our table. I smiled at him as he came over and greeted him.

Hey.” I said and out of the corner of my eye I could see Hoseok closing his backpack and when Minjae arrived Hoseok got up. He awkwardly looked at Minjae and then looked at me. He cleared his throat and then said:

Uhm, see you later, maybe.”

Yeah.” I said and before I could say anything else he had turned around and left. I had wanted to thank him again for the jacket, but he was already gone. Minjae comfortably sat down on Hoseok's chair and then looked a little irritated.

What happened to you? Your hair's wet.”

Yeah I was late for school and it suddenly started raining. I was clever enough to choose to wear a jacket without a hood.” I said and saw Minjae looking at the jacket I was wearing.

What's this then?” he asked and pointed at the jacket. I awkwardly scratched the back of my neck.

Uhm, this is Hoseok's. He offered it to me, because mine was completely wet.” I said and pointed at my jeans jacket that was still drying agonzingly slow on the heater.

Uh-huh?!” Minjae answered and raised his eyebrow. I sighed.

Come on, give him a chance.” I said. Minjae held his hands up in defense.

Hey, if you're cool with it, fine, it's your decision, but we just don't really understand it.”

I know...” I said and sighed.

I mean did you just forget what he's done to you?!”

No, of course not! I don't think I ever will, but I think he's really sorry, he really is. I don't know why he suddenly changed and I'm still unsure about this whole thing, but I think he's sincere.” I said. Minjae sighed.

Alright. I still don't trust him, but I hope you're right.” he said and for a moment there was a heavy silence between us.

Oh, by the way, I actually came over to ask you if you heard about X's birthday party, yet?!”

No?!”

Well, she's throwing a huge party to celebrate her birthday and pretty much the whole grade is invited. She rented some kind of club or something.” he said.

Wow, she's going extraordinary as usual.”

Oh yeah, but her partys are always awesome. Are we going?” Minjae answered. I bit my lip.

I don't know if I'm in the mood.” I said.

Come on, I bet it's gonna be good!”

I'll think about it.”

 

Hoseok's POV

As soon as I had left the classroom with my backpack slung over one of my shoulders I let my back lean against the wall and tried to collect myself. My heart was still excitedly beating in my chest and I felt like I could still feel Taehyung's hand between mine. I closed my eyes and cursed at myself in my head. It was all way too confusing. What was happening to me? What was happening between us? Was I just imagining it all? This couldn't be real. I had never ever felt anything for a guy before. Nothing like this. It couldn't be. It just couldn't.

 

Taehyung's POV

I didn't have any other classes with Hoseok that day and we didn't see each other anymore for the rest of the day, so I didn't have a chance to return his jacket. My jeans jacket had almost fully dried by the end of the day, it was just a little damp, but I put it in my backpack and kept Hoseok's jacket on during my way home. I told myself it was because it had a hood in case it would rain again, but I somehow knew that wasn't all. I just wasn't quite ready to admit that to myself yet though.

When I came home I heard sounds in the kitchen, so I took off my shoes and put down my backpack before walking there.

Hi Mum.” I said as I entered the kitchen. She was standing at the stove cooking something and turned around when she heard me.

Hey~” she chirped happily and smiled. She gave me a once-over before turing back to the stove and then she asked: “What's that jacket you're wearing? Is it new?”

I blushed a little. My mother was quite attentive.

Uhm, no, I uh got wet today in the rain and someone lent me his jacket.” I said.

Someone?” my mother asked in a teasing tone. I groaned.

Come on, honey, I can hear that you're blushing! Who's jacket is it?”

I plopped down on one of the kitchen chairs.

Hoseok's...” I said.

I knew it!” my mother said and laughed. I rolled my eyes. I just sighed and didn't answer.

What's the big deal? It's okay to fall in love again, it's gonna help.” she then said. I ran my hands through my hair.

Mum, It's not that easy and I'm not...falling in love again and even if I would ....he's not gay...at least not as far as I know....we're just...I don't know....friends or something.”

Or something?” she asked and turned around to raise an eyebrow at me. I just gave her an annoyed look.

The fact that he's not gay, at least not as far as you know doesn't mean you can't fall in love with him.” she said.

I know, but it would be stupid.” I said.

Well, no risk no fun honey, live a little! You can't just decide to not fall in love with someone, that doesn't work.” she answered and turned back to her stove.

You're unbelieveable, mum.” I said shaking my head and went over to kiss her cheek.

I know.” she answered and smiled.

I'll be upstairs.” I said.

Alright, I'll call you when the food's ready.” she said and I left the kitchen to get my backpack and go upstairs. As soon as I had closed the door to my room I reluctantly took off Hoseok's jacket and put it over my chair at the desk. I then stripped out of my other clothes and put on a pair of comfortable sweatpants and a hoodie.

Then I let myself fall on my bed and let out a long sigh. I fished out my phone and opened my messenger. I bit my lip and had a small argument with myself before opening my chat with Hoseok and typing a message.

'Are you going to X's party?'

After sending it I had a short crisis regretting that I had send it, but it was too late. When would he answer? Would he answer at all and what would he say? My head was filled with questions and then I heard my phone vibrate. My heart skipped a beat as I reached for my phone and looked at Hoseok's answer.

'I don't know, yet. Are you going?'

I quickly typed an answer.

'I'm not sure, yet, but I guess Minjae will force me to go anyway.'

A few minutes later he replied something that just confused my feelings even more.

'Then I'll think about it.'

What exactly was that supposed to mean?! I was totally confused and didn't know what to answer.

Taehyung!” I then heard my mother call from downstairs and got up from the bed to go eat.

 

 

Jungkook's POV

I kept walking as desperate sobs escaped my throat. My vision started to get blurry from the tears.

Jungkook? Please talk to me, you're starting to worry me!” Jin said through the phone. I stopped walking and took a few shaky breaths. I looked around and when I spotted a bench I walked over and let myself plop down on it. I rubbed my eyes and tried to calm down, but it wasn't quite that easy. I guess this had been waiting to break out for quite a while then.

J-Jin..I-...he-” I brought out between sobs, but I couldn't form a coherent sentence yet.

Jimin?” he asked.

Y-Yeah.” I mumbled.

What's with him? What happened? What did he do?”

I took another couple shaky breaths before answering.

T-They...they kissed.” I said and saying those words hurt almost as much as it had when I had seen it happening, because the pictures flood back into my mind.

And...I...I-I think...he likes her.” I added and the tears flowed stronger again. I felt so troubled inside. So utterly troubled. The world wasn't gonna end. Everyone was fine, well except my heart, but still I felt like someone had took my future away from me.

Who kissed?” Jin asked.

C-Cara and Jimin.” I stuttered. I heard Jin sigh on the other end of the phone. I shivered a little because I started to feel the cold air of the autumn night again.

Where are you?”

Somewhere in Cara's neighborhood on a bench.” I said.

Jungkook, it's cold outside.”

I know, I just....I need a moment.” I answered.

Can you tell me a street name near you?” Jin asked. I looked around and told him the first street name I saw.

I'll come pick you up, stay there, alright?”

What?”

Stay where you are, okay?”

Okay?!” I brought out in a quivering voice and then Jin hang up. I was still a little perplexed. I felt colder and colder and tried to distract myself, but it just didn't work. I just wanted to go home and go to bed and fall asleep waking up to all of this having been just a bad dream, but I knew it was real. I'm wasn't sure how long I sat on the cold bench before I heard an engine coming closer and then a car parked right in front of me. I looked up and the car door opened. Jin stepped out and approached me with quick steps. I felt so relieved to see him. I got up and before I could say anything, Jin wrapped me in a tight hug, caressing the back of my head. The tears that had subsided threatened to break out again as I clasped him tightly and buried my face in his shoulder.

Jin-”

Shhh~” he whispered and kept my hair soothingly. I sighed and relaxed. I was so happy to have him as a friend. He always took care of me like a second mother. After a while we pulled apart and Jin mustered my probably super ugly swollen tear-stained face. He smiled compassionately.

So, I guess you really fell in love with Jimin, huh?”

I closed my eyes and nodded.

I'm so sorry, Jungkook...I don't know what to say. I wish you didn't have to experience this. I wish I could've protected you from getting hurt.”

You couldn't have...it was my own stupidity that brought me in this situation.”

Come on, it's cold, let's get into the car and then you tell me what exactly happened.” he said. I nodded and we got into the car.

Did I wake you up?” I asked sheepishly as I sat in the passenger seat and shut the car door.

No, you didn't. And even if you did, it wouldn't matter. I would've come anyway.”

Thank you...”

Jin turned up the heater of the car and I took a deep breath before starting to tell him about the events of the weekend up till the get-together at Cara's and told him what had happened there.

So he said he's not sure if he likes her?”

Yes, but...the way he looked when he said it...I don't know...I'm pretty sure he does like her.”

Jin sighed.

Have you two ever talked about your kiss?”

No.”

So he has no idea how you feel?”

Yes and I'm planning to keep it that way. I don't want to ruin our friendship.”

What if it saves your friendship? Or even more?”

I let out a short laugh.

I don't think so.”

But-”

He asked for a kiss without feelings and I wasn't able to do what I promised. I'm not gonna go tell him now that I was stupid enough to develop feelings because of that.”

Well, it was an move of him to do that anyway, so that shouldn't be a reason. How can he not realize how he's playing with your feelings with all the stuff he does?”

It's not unusual for us, we did a lot of skinship before, too, but it's just not the same for me now...”

Still...” Jin said and sighed trying to calm down, too. “I can understand why you're confused about his behaviour.”

I buried my head in my hands.

What am I supposed to do now? How can I face him in school after this?”

Jin my head again.

Come on, you can do this. I'll be there.”

I nodded and looked up at him. We smiled at each other.

Do you want me to drive you home, or do you want to come over to my place?” Jin asked.

No, drive me home. My parents would probably get a heart-attack if they find an empty bedroom tomorrow morning without any explanation.”

Jin nodded and started driving. When we arrived at my house I leaned over to hug Jin.

Text me, if there's anything...” Jin said. I nodded.

See you tomorrow and thanks again.” I said and got out of the car. I silently unlocked the front door and sneaked inside, but as soon as I was inside I had to sneeze a few times.

'Damnit.' I thought. 'I hope I didn't catch a cold.'

I then went to my room and stripped out of my clothes until I was left in my boxershorts. I put on the first t-shirt I found and let myself fall into bed. I was too tired to do anything more. I just wanted to sleep it all away.