Listen to Your Heart

Push and Pull

A/N: Hey there, I got several things to say. First of all, I feel like I really screwed up this chapter. If you disagree, I'm very glad. If you agree, then I deeply apologize, I don't know what went wrong with me there and I hope you still manage to believe in me and can look forward to the next chapter.

Next thing is, that the story is still going into a different direction than I imagined, but I hope it goes well.

Last thing: Depending on what country you live in, it might seem weird to you that in my story the students can just buy and drink beer, but in my country it's legal to buy and drink beer and wine if you are 16, that's why it's like that in the story.

I love you all <3 Please keep subscribing and commenting!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Jungkook's POV

I missed you.”

Jimin's words combined with his ongoing touch spread goosebumps across my body. The heavy thumps of my heart sped up and got louder echoing through my whole body as I stared at Jimin. I couldn't take my eyes away. I needed to see him to assure myself that he was actually lying there next to me saying those words, but at the same time I felt like I wanted to look away, hide away and escape the situation. It took me a moment to answer.

I missed you, too.” I said. Jimin looked down then, but I still felt him touch my skin. And just like that it was suddenly too much. I abruptly got up and told him I'd go swim some more. I didn't wait for an answer from him nor did I look back at his face to possibly find confusion there. I went a little further away where there were more trees. I immediately walked into the water until it was about up to my navel and shivered a little at the sudden coolness. My heart was still beating uncontrollably. I took water into my hands and splashed it into my face. I walked a little further into the water. I was startled when I suddenly felt two arms wrap around my waist and I felt a body press up to mine from behind. It could only be Jimin.

Everything okay?” I heard him ask softly next to my ear. He wasn't exactly making the situation better for me. His body was much warmer than the water.

Yeah.” I answered.

Why did you run away just now?” Jimin asked.

I didn't. I just needed a little cool-down. The sun's pretty strong today.” I said and tried to sound somehow convincing.

Are you still angry at me or something? Or is it because of the thing you can't tell me about?” Jimin asked. I let out a sigh, but didn't answer. How could he not know? I was probably being more obvious than I wanted to. Does he not realize what he's doing to me?

I feel like something's different between us, Jungkook. It's as if our friendship changed, but I don't know why. You sometimes act strange towards me out of the blue.” he said and then nuzzled his face into the nape of my neck. “I just want it to be the way it was.” he then added. I knew it was my fault. I was the one who wasn't able to cope with the situation. I was the one who just couldn't act like before. But I couldn't help it. It was all different to me, but I was afraid of telling him. I just couldn't. He had asked for a kiss without feelings and I couldn't just tell him now that I hadn't been strong enough for that. I was too weak and too stupid. Too damn stupid.

I'm sorry...” was all I said. Jimin and I swayed around together and I knew exactly what I was doing to myself. But Jimin was like a magnet to me. He was pulling me in so strongly that I couldn't resist. I knew I couldn't stay away from him for more than a few days without going crazy. And I wondered if Jimin had ever even once felt the same about me.

 

After swimming for a while more we went out of the water and lay down again to dry and shared earphones to listen to music together. We didn't talk much more that day, but it just didn't feel necessary. When it was getting closer and closer towards evening we changed into our spare pairs of shorts and put our shirts and shoes back on and then packed our stuff. As we took the bus back into town Jimin asked me if I was hungry and we decided to go eat something. We just went to a nearby restaurant and decided to order different things to then share the food. The tension between us started to dissipate and we started to talk about school and joked around. I had really missed it. To just laugh and joke with him and watch him break into giggles. When we were full we left the restaurant. The sun had already started to set. As we walked around and passed by a supermarket we spontaneously decided to grab a couple beers. We left the supermarket with a six-pack of beer and a few snacks and then decided to go to the river. It was still quite warm outside when we arrived there and sat down at the shore. We opened the first two beers and toasted.

 

About half an hour later we were eating snacks and listening to music. Jimin passionately sang along to the song that was playing and I joined him. We both laughed as we took another sip of our beers. It was getting darker, but the sky was still filled with the beautiful colors of the sunset. When an upbeat song started to play. Jimin jumped up and pulled me with him. We started to excitedly dance and lip-sync to the music and laughed. We hadn't spent such a nice evening together in quite a while and I was starting to think that this was worth it. That my feelings being hurt was worth it if I could just keep being with Jimin like that. Maybe it would be enough and maybe my feelings would pass. Maybe.

 

 

Taehyung's POV

A few days after we had exchanged numbers I was lying in bed in the evening occupying myself with my phone. It was quite late already and suddenly I received a message from Hoseok's number. It was an odd feeling at first, but I couldn't help feeling a little excited and curious. I opened the message and the content was probably the last thing I had expected to read.

'I can't sleep...'

I contemplated a little about what to answer before simply replying with 'Why?'

A few moments later I received his answer.

'We're getting our grade for the presentation tomorrow. I'm not as nervous as I was before, but I'm anticipating it, so I find it hard to calm down enough to fall asleep.'

It surprised me that he was being so honest.

'As I said before, don't worry. I'm sure it will be a good grade.' I answered.

'I hope so, but I can't seem to fall asleep, although I'm tired....., wait! Did I wake you up??!' he texted back and I giggled a little.

'No, I'm still awake.' I responded.

'What are you doing?'

'How are you supposed to fall asleep if you text me? ;)' I answered to .

'Well, since sleep seems to not be happening anytime soon and I'm bored I thought I could get on your nerves a little.'

'If you get on my nerves I could just stop answering :P' I responded. Hoseok sent me a shocked smiley with the words 'That'd be mean!'

I laughed a little.

'So?'

He responded with a laughing smiley and then I received another message.

'So, what are you doing?'

'Nothing special. I'm just lying in bed and doing stuff at my phone.'

'Btw. Did you answer to the message your ex sent you?' Hoseok then asked out of the blue.

'No. Not yet. Why?' I responded and wondered why he was suddenly bringing that up again.

'Just curious.' he answered, but I felt like it wasn't all.

'Btw, are you in a relationship?' I asked as I remembered that I had no idea.

'No. Why?'

'Just curious.'

We kept texting for a while until he said he'd try to sleep again.

'Alright. Good night.' I responded.

'Good night. Sleep well!' Hoseok texted me and I put my phone away to go to sleep, too. I fell asleep with a smile that night.

 

Hoseok's POV

On the next day I wouldn't have a class with Taehyung until 5th period. I was still a bit fidgety, but it was rather a positive kind of excitement. I somehow felt the urge to talk to him, so I looked around for him during the first break. I spotted him standing together with a few of his friends. I didn't really think much about it, I just walked over and stood next to Taehyung cheerfully smiling at him and said: “Hey, how did you sleep?”

Taehyung looked at me a little dumbfounded obviously not having expected me to come and just talk to him. It took him a moment to answer, but he then shyly smiled back and said: “Good. And you? Did it take you long to fall asleep?”

I noticed his friends looking at us as if we were a weird new species of mankind, but I ignored that and responded to Taehyung.

"Me, too. No, I fell asleep quite fast after I tried again. Thankfully!” I said and let out a sigh of relief. Taehyung grinned at me and it made me feel happy, too. He then turned towards his friends and awkwardly introduced us.

Uhm, well, guys, as you know, this is Hoseok. Hoseok, those are my friends Minjae and Namjoon.”

I tentatively smiled at them and they forced a smile, too, but then looked at Taehyung full of questions.

Are you still nervous?” Taehyung asked me.

It's more excitement now.” I answered. Taehyung opened his mouth to say something in return, but was interrupted by his friend Namjoon.

Hold on! Hold on!” he said to get our attention and then gestured between the two of us as he said: “You can't just do small-talk with your arch nemesis, then introduce him to us and just not further elaborate.”

I saw Taehyung blushing a little and looking down. He was obviously not feeling comfortable in this situation. I didn't exactly feel good either, being openly called Taehyung's arch nemesis, but what could I say? It wasn't that far from the truth, but things had changed. It wasn't like that anymore, but how could I explain that to Taehyung's friend? As we both didn't answer at first, Namjoon added: “Are you suddenly friends, now, or what?” he said in a spiteful tone.

N-No, not really, we...uhm...” Taehyung started.

What the , Taehyung? Did you forget how much he humiliated and hurt you?” he said to Taehyung and then turned to me saying: “Get the hell away from him! I don't know what sick game you're playing, but-”

Namjoon, stop!” Taehyung interrupted him and then turned to me silently saying: “You better go, now. Let's talk later.”

I didn't want to, but Taehyung's eyes were pleading me to go, so I did. I was shocked and felt troubled. How bad must it have been if Taehyung's friend freaks out like that?!

 

Taehyung's POV

After the second break I went to the room I was having 5th period in and sat down at my seat waiting for Hoseok to join me. I still felt pretty embarrassed about earlier, but I couldn't really be angry at Namjoon. He was just being overprotective and he was right to a certain extent. This thing between Hoseok and me was unusual and weird and at the beginning I didn't want to believe Hoseok was being serious either, but things had changed.

Hoseok was one of the last students to enter the room and he was followed by the teacher, so when he arrived at our table the teacher was already asking the students to be silent and started the lesson, so I didn't really have a chance to talk to him. A few minutes into the lesson, I took out a piece of paper from my notebook and wrote down: 'I'm sorry for earlier. Namjoon's quite overprotective.'

I carefully pushed it across the table to Hoseok. He noticed and took it without attracting attention. I looked forward as I got a little nervous about his reply. When I noticed him sliding it back to me, I took it and read the answer.

'It's okay, really. I can't blame him for what he said.'

 

Hoseok's POV

At one point of the lesson the teacher explained that he'd give us an exercise to do while he'd call the pairs outside in the hall to talk about the grades for the projects. When it was our turn we went outside and the teacher gave us some feedback on our presentation, which was 95 percent positive and then told us that we got an A. For a moment I couldn't believe it and just stared at the teacher and then I realized that he wasn't kidding. He then sent us to bring the next pair and we exchanged a short happy eye-contact before going back in. We told the next pair to go out and returned to our seats, but before we sat down Taehyung turned to me and beamed at me. I was smiling just as brightly.

“See?” he whispered to not disturb the other students.

“I'm so relieved!” I whispered back. I don't know who initiated it first, but suddenly we were hugging each other tightly, arms wrapped around each other. I felt a strange feeling in my stomach as I closed my eyes and pulled him even closer. After a few moments we simultaneously pulled back a little and looked at each other. I felt as confused and unsure as he looked at me. We slowly separated and then sat down. I gradually realized what had just taken place and I felt a pleasant warmth spread inside me.