Hot and Cold

Push and Pull

Jungkook's POV

When my alarm woke me up I was shivering. I reached out a shaky hand to turn it off and then immediately pulled it back and wrapped my blanket tighter around me. My head hurt a little and I couldn't properly breath through my nose.

Damnit.” I mumbled. I felt very cold so it was hard to manage to leave my warm comfy bed. I pulled away the covers and immediately cursed. I stumbled towards my cupboard to get socks and quickly put on a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie.

I then left my room still feeling chilly. I slung my arms around myself and snuggled into my hoodie as I waddled to the kitchen hoping to find my mum there.

I entered the kitchen seeing my mum standing at the stove.

Mum?” I said hoarsely. She immediately turned around and eyed me up worriedly.

Honey, what's wrong?”

I think I caught a cold.” I said and as if on cue I sneezed.

You really don't look well. Did you go overboard yesterday?” she asked and raised an eyebrow.

No, mum, but it was colder than I expected when I walked home.” I said. I was definitely not planning to tell her that Jin had picked me up and drove me home, because I had a mental breakdown.

Alright.” she said and smiled sympatheticly. “Go back to bed, I'll call the school and then I'll bring you some tea. Do you want anything else? Breakfast?”

No, I don't really feel like eating right now.” I said.

Okay.”

Thanks, mum.” I said and hugged her before waddling out of the kitchen. I went to the bathroom to pee and then quickly went back to my warm bed. I then thought that I should probably text Jin to tell him what's going on, because he would only get worried if he'd not see me in school. I took my phone and was surprised when I saw a message from Jimin.

'Did you get home safe?'

And for the first time that morning my head had the time to remember what had happened the night before. The images of Cara and Jimin kissing and us talking on the couch raced through my mind. I groaned and closed my eyes trying to shut it out, but it didn't work. I ignored Jimin's message and opened my chat with Jin.

'Hey, I'll not be in school today, I caught a cold. Thought you should know, so that you don't worry. Thanks again for yesterday.'

I sighed and settled in. I played around with my phone waiting for Jin's answer. Only about a minute later it came.

'Alright. Get well soon. No problem. Hope you're okay.'

I smiled, but didn't answer anything. I then put my phone away and sighed. I tried to sleep again, but it wasn't quite easy. A few minutes later my mum came into my room with a cup of tea.

Thanks.” I said and took it from her.

Just call for me if you need anything else.” she said. I nodded and then she left. Since I didn't feel tired enough to sleep again, I took my laptop and watched some series while drinking my tea. I got more and more tired again, though, so when I had finished my tea, I watched the rest of the episode I had been watching and then put the laptop away again to lie back down in my bed.

 

 

I woke up again a few hours later a little perplexed. I stretched and yawned and then rolled to the side to look at my phone to check the time. I had slept for about 4 or 5 more hours. I saw a few new messages. One from Jimin. My heart sped up a little. Did he notice me missing in school? Would he wonder about me? Maybe even worry?

I opened the message and read it.

'Hey. You weren't in school?! Are you okay? Did you get home safe?'

I had already ignored one of his messages and I knew he would get suspicous if I did it again, so I answered.

'Yes, I got home safe, but I caught a cold.'

I rolled onto my stomach pressing my face into my pillow. I gronaed into it and then sat up. I wasn't feeling much better, yet, but I was starting to feel a little hungry, so I got up and put my phone into the pocket of my sweatpants before leaving my room to go to the kitchen. I sneezed a few times on the way and cursed. My mum was sitting in the living room when I passed it.

Hey~ are you feeling better?” she asked.

Not really, but I'm hungry. I think I'll cook a soup or something.” I answered. My mum was about to get up.

No, mum, sit back down, I'll do it myself.”

You sure?”

Yeah.”

Okay.” she said and smiled. I walked to the kitchen and started cooking a soup. Sometime while cooking I looked at my phone and saw that Jimin had answered.

'Oh no :( Get well soon...I missed you today.'

I stared at the message and reread it for about 15 times until I could properly process it's content. I sighed. He really had no idea what he was doing to me. I shoved my phone back into my pocket without answering and continued cooking my soup.

 

 

On the next day I went to the doctor and got a sick note freeing me from school for the rest of the week. I didn't do much. I just lazed around and watched TV. I felt bored, but it was for the best. I was really not feeling well.

Jin and I occasionally texted and on Wednesday evening I got another text from Jimin.

'You're still sick?...'

'Yeah, I got a sick note for the rest of the week.' I answered. A few moments later I got a reply.

'How are you feeling?'

'I'm slowly getting better, but I'm kinda bored as hell.'

His reply came pretty fast and my heart jumped a little when I read it.

'Do you want me to come over?'

For a few moments I had a struggle with myself, being torn between what I wanted and what would be best for me. In the end I decided to go with being rational.

'No. I don't want to infect you or something.'

I kinda regretted it a little after sending it, but I knew it was for the best. I leaned my head back and took a deep breath trying to calm down my upset heart.

 

 

It was silent between us for a few days until Sunday morning. I felt much better and was planning to spend the day with Jin. We just wanted to hang out and catch up on school stuff. When I was getting ready to leave and was about to shove my phone in the pocket of my jeans I got a new message from Jimin.

'How are you? Are you coming back to school tomorrow?'

I left the house while typing an answer.

'I'm fine. Yes, I'll come back tomorrow.'

I kept my phone in my hand as I started walking to the bus stop. I kept checking my phone to see if he had replied, but his answer didn't come until I was sitiing in the bus on my way to Jin.

'Do you want to hang out today?'

Although his suggestion made me secretly happy I was thankful for already having plans.

'I can't. I'm hanging out with Jin today.'

A few moments later I received another text from him.

'Oh...okay..it's a pity.'

I had a minor heart attack while reading the message and then quickly put my phone away. How was I ever supposed to recover from this when he was being like that?

 

 

Hoseok's POV

I dreamed about Taehyung that night. It wasn't the first time I had dreamed about him, but it had never been so specific. He had usually always just been one of many people in my dreams, but that night I dreamed about weird feelings and touches and there was only Taehyung and me.

On the next day Taehyung returned my jacket with a smile that made my heart flutter. It was all confusing me more and more every day.

I kept dreaming about him during the next few days and on the night from Thursday to Friday it was the most intense. It was kind of a restless dream. It felt hot and chaotic and it was full of Taehyung. His lips, his eyes, his body. When my alarm ripped me out of it, I noticed that I had a big fat morning wood. I shut my eyes again and took a few shaky breaths. This couldn't be. Damnit. I tried to take care of the problem without thinking about Taehyung, but when I up into my hand and his name unintentionally slipped from my lips, I was so shocked that I got up and took the longest cold shower of my life. It took me a while to calm down and I was almost late for school. I ran the last bit to school and arrived exhausted, confused and ually frustrated.

'Awesome.' I thought. 'This day's gonna be just great.'

Thankfully I could avoid Taehyung during the first few periods, because we didn't have any shared classes. When the first break ended I went to the classroom where we'd have 3rd and 4th period together. I arrived at our table first and unpacked my stuff. Taehyung arrived in time with the teacher and plopped down next to me.

“Hey.” I said.

“Hey.” he replied without looking at me while he unpacked his stuff. Something was off. Taehyung seemed to be a little gloomy. He wasn't talking much and most of the time looked like his thoughts were far away. When the bell rang to announce the next break I mustered up the courage to ask him about it.

Taehyung?” I asked as I packed my stuff.

Hm?” he answered while doing the same.

What's wrong?” I asked carefully. He looked up at me and sighed. He closed his backpack and fished out his phone. I closed mine, too and curiously waited for an explanation. He then showed me the screen of his phone. It showed the profile picture of his ex-boyfriend. It was a picture of him and another guy kissing.

Oh.” was all I brought out. He then shoved his phone into the pocket of his jeans and got up. I stood up, too and slung my backpack over one of my shoulders. We left the classroom walking side by side.

What a jerk...” I said. “It's a bit early. He should know what this would do to you.”

Well, it's no longer his problem...” Taehyung said looking down. I sighed. I didn't like seeing him like that. I felt some kind of anger boiling up inside me.

He's stupid.” I blurted out. Taehyung smiled weakly and we stepped outside in the yard. We stopped walking and Taehyung looked towards Namjoon and Minjae.

Well, see you later.” he said as he looked back at me.

Yeah.” I replied, but we both lingered there for a while. I smiled and looked down. He suppressed a grin and then waved at me before turning around and going to his friends.

 

Taehyung's POV

On Saturday I was still in a rather bad mood because of the picture and was very surprised when I got a message from Hoseok.

'I'm bored. Wanna hang out?'

I felt a little nervous. So we had already gotten to the point of openly suggesting to do something together?! I then decided that sitting alone at home wasn't exactly making my mood better.

'Sure. What do you wanna do?”

A few moments later he replied.

'I don't know. Cinema, swimming pool or we could just laze around and watch movies.'

I typed my answer.

'Cinema doesn't sound bad. I feel like lazing around at home will only make my mood worse.'

We both looked at the movie selection of the cinema to choose a movie, but I wasn't quite that excited. They were mostly romantic movies or dramas and I wasn't really in the mood for that.

'The movies don't look so appealing...I'm not really in the mood for love or drama. How about we go swimming? I feel like some physical activity isn't such a bad idea.' I texted him.

We then set a time to meet up and then I got ready. It felt weird how easy this had happened, but I was happy for every distraction I could get.

 

Hoseok's POV

We met up at an indoor swimming pool, because it was already getting rather cold outside. I waited for him in the entrance hall. When he arrived he still looked quite gloomy and I felt a strong urge to hug him, but I wasn't sure if it was okay so I didn't.

“Hey.” I greeted him and smiled brightly trying to lift his mood. He smiled a little, too.

“Hey.”

“Let's go.” I said.

“Yeah.” he answered and then we bought our entrance cards. We separated when we got to the changing rooms. I was quite fast and after locking my stuff away I went into the swimming hall waiting for Taehyung. When he entered, too and walked towards me my breath got caught in my throat. He had nicely tanned skin, making it look creamy and he had slightly defined abs. I would've never thought I'd ever react like that to a half guy, but Taehyung was a freaking feast for the eyes.

 

Taehyung's POV

When I entered the swimming hall and spotted Hoseok I got a little shy and also a little unwillingly excited. Hoseok's abs looked just...ugh....his shoulders and arms were just the right bit defined and muscly and his skin had a slight tan. I tried to justify my reaction by telling myself that it was only because I hadn't had any action lately and was lonely and frustrated, but it didn't fully work. I arrived in front of him feeling a little embarassed and for a moment it was like we both had to adjust first. I could swear I saw Hoseok eye me up slightly and then he broke into a smile as he said: “Come on, let's go.”

We got into the swimming pool where the water was rather shallow and walked inside. The water was comfortably warm. Hoseok was the first to fully dive into it. When he surfaced he pushed his hair out of his face and then swam towards me. He grabbed my arm and pulled me into the water. I laughed and let him.