Back to School

Push and Pull

Jungkook's POV

When I woke up the next morning I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I felt tired and worn out and a little blurry. The first thing I thought was that I must've had a really weird dream, because the images of the party were running through my mind the whole night, even when I was asleep. But after I gave that a second thought, I had the insight that this weird dream had actually happened. I just sat there frozen for a few seconds and my head was just like: 'What....the.......what the hell did I do? Oh...my....god!'

I tried to shut down these thoughts, but for the first few hours after waking up, I couldn't believe that it had actually happened. It felt even more surreal at the morning after. I couldn't believe I had done it. I had experienced my first kiss....with JIMIN...the Jimin that I had known since fifth grade...the Jimin that had cried on my shoulder about his unrequited love. How would it be when school would start again next Monday? Would we act like nothing happened? Act normal? Does he even remember what happened? He had drunk more than I did...Will we talk before school starts? Or will there be dead silence until then. I was curious whether he remembered what happened and how he was seeing things, but I didn't dare to make the step to contact him. It felt kind of awkward. Then my head started to imagine us in one of these secret school relationships that you sometimes see in movies where the students meet in dark corners or the janitors closet and secretly make out. I blushed. No that would definitely not happen. But the thought still kept returning to my mind again and again.

 

Next Monday

I entered school. I knew I wouldn't meet Jimin during the first few lessons, because we had our lessons in totally different and faraway parts of the school, but still I felt utterly nervous. I couldn't really focus during the lesson. On one hand I anticipated seeing him and I couldn't wait for it, but on the other hand I felt like I wasn't ready, yet. During the first break, when I was around my circle of friends, I was relieved to figure out that none of my friends and classmates, except that one friend that I told, seemed to know what happened. No one was asking me weird questions or making ambiguous comments. I was relieved. It would've made everything worse, because I wouldn't have known how to explain it.

Then I suddenly saw Jimin coming over. I froze and I felt like I'd start to panic. When he reached me he smiled his breathtaking smile and pulled me into a soft hug.

"Hey." he said.

"H-Hey." I spluttered.

"How are you?" he asked while pulling me aside from the group of people.

"Fine. And you?" I said.

"Me, too...Listen, I have to admit something...I told Cara what happened."

Cara was a female friend of both of us. I had been friends with her since the beginning of the freshman year, but Jimin and her had only recently become friends. That's why it made me wonder why he'd tell HER of all people. Why her? Why not one of his best buddies? I didn't get it.

"Uhm...okay...well I have to admit I also told Jin."

"Oh okay. Then we're even."

"...but you didn't tell anyone else right?"

"No, only Cara....in fact, I'm telling you that, because her reaction wasn't that positive. She got angry at me for doing that to you and babbled something about hurting your feelings and taking advantage of you, but I told her it happened by mutual agreement. Maybe you should talk to her."

I was kind of confused about Cara's reaction.

"Yeah okay I'll talk to her." I said and started looking around for her. When I spotted her I immediately walked over. Jimin was following me.

"Hey Cara." I said and gave her a shiny smile.

"Can we talk?" I added and when she nodded I pulled her away from her squad.

"Jimin, go away! Jungkook and I want to talk alone."

I was perplexed at her straightforward behavior. I looked at Jimin. He just shrugged it off and muttered: "Fine."

"Jungkook, are you ok? Are you fine? Jimin told me! He's so stupid. He shouldn't have done it!"

She threw me off-guard with her wave of worry and questions.

"Cara, Jimin isn't lying. I agreed. I was okay with it....I AM okay with it. It was just a kiss. We were drunk. Don't make it bigger than it is."

I said, but I inwardly flinched at the words 'It was just a kiss', because it had nowhere even felt near to being 'just a kiss'.

Cara didn't look quite satisfied with my answer. It was almost as if she was angry at me, too. It was almost as if she was...jealous. My head couldn't quite put the pieces together, but I had a rather bad feeling about this and it gave me a stomach ache for the rest of the day.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hoseok's POV

On that Monday that school would begin again, it felt incredibly hard to get up. I just didn't want to. I didn't want to face Taehyung. I wasn't ready for that yet, because I didn't know what I would do, yet. I didn't know how I would react...how I SHOULD react. I was torn between getting to my old habits, getting on his nerves as always and just leaving him alone. I knew I'd have to explain to my squad if I did the latter. I had a huge inner conflict and I just didn't want to face that, yet. But I had to...

I sighed and got out of bed to get ready for a probably very exhausting first day of school.