CHAPTER 40: Curious much?

Inside my Heart : There You'll Be
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

          "Daddy?"   Jessica whispered. It almost came from a broken small voice.   Even she, herself, didn't heard what she said.   Mix of emotions. Shocked, Confused, different thoughts clouded her poor mind.   She was in such dazed. She felt like a statue, she can't move.  She's not even sure if her inner organs are still functioning.   She felt like about to burst. She doesn't know why but she just hates confusion. It's killing her.       "Jessi."   "........"   "Sis."   "........"   "Jessica, what is it?"   Getting neglected for the third time, Taeyeon approached her sister and went beside her.   But it seems like Jessica still didn't noticed her presence. Taeyeon frowned and hit her by the arm. Thankfully, it caught her attention.     Taeyeon was about to dodge away because she knew Jessica hates hitting her arm but to her surprise, Jessica was just shocked to see her. It's like her sister was suddenly broke into such an intense stare.   And the look from her eyes tells that she's not okay.     "T-T-Taeyeon?" Jessica stuttered. And Jessica never stutters.   Taeyeon slightly backed her  head while raising an eyebrow to have a better look of her sister's confusing face.   Then realization just hit her.   Jessica's face looks so pale that her lips are turning into cold white. Sweats forming on her forehead and you can notice that she's slightly shiverring. Automatically Taeyeon was alarmed.   She immediately used the back of her palm to touch her sister's forehead, like checking her temperature. But what welcomed her is pure cold sweats, attaching against her skin.     "Jessica, yah, what's the matter? Are you okay?" Taeyeon's voice couldn't be much worried.     "Taeyeon.."   That's all what Jessica whispered as she turned her gaze back to where she was starring before. Taeyeon then followed.     "What are you looking at?" The shortie confusingly asked.   "There. I saw someone." Jessica pointed somewhere beside the tree just a few feet away from them.   Taeyeon squinted her eyes to have clear view but still, she can't see anything.   "There's nothing." Taeyeon murmurred. Then Jessica swished her head sideways to face her sister.   "You didn't saw it?"   "There's nothing." Taeyeon repeated.   "Do you think I'm just seeing things?" Jessica worriedly asked.   "Things like what?"     < Should I tell her?> Jess     "Things like what, Jess?"     < Maybe... Maybe I was just seeing things. > Jess.           *Snap*   "Yah!"   "I-I-.. I think I'm just seeing things." Jessica took a heavy sigh and was about to walk away when Taeyeon grabbed her wrist, making her face the shortie again.   "Tell me. What's bothering you?" Taeyeon intensely asked. Her voice is so scary that made Jessica shiverred just by hearing it.   "I'm just hallucinating, that's all." It was very hard for Jessica to maintain her cool and not freak out.   "Hallucinating?" Taeyeon asked in disbelief.   "Stress."   "........"   "I'm serious."   "Fine." Taeyeon already gave up. Seeing that Jessica won't tell, she just shrugged and walked away, but not taking off Jessica's wrist.     While walking back to where Tiffany and Yuri, Jessica suddenly stopped. Taeyeon looked at her.   "Is it really necessary for you to attend this dinner?"   Taeyeon raised both her eyebrows. Gesturing that the question that was thrown to her is kind of confusing to understand.   "Can't you.. [Sigh].. Nothing." Jessica shook her head.   Taeyeon saw the disappointment, and she can't think a damn reason why her sister is acting this way.   Gently, the hand that's holding Jessica's wrist suddenly slipped down and interlaced with Jessica's cold hand.   "Tell me what's on your mind." Taeyeon softly stated.   Slowly, Jessica lifted her head and stare at those irresistible onyx orbs. She smiled.   "I love you." Jessica casually replied. Casual, but with passion.   Taeyeon smiled back. That smile that she always give to her sister. "You know I love you too."   "I know."   "Then what do you want?"   "..........."   "Anything for you?" Taeyeon cutely stated. Tilting her head sideward to make her cuter.   Jessica giggled. "Just be safe. That's all I want."   She heard the shortie heavily sighed.   "I know. There's nothing going to happen but still, you're my sister. And all I want is your safety." The American girl immediately explained before Taeyeon could lecture her about the same old thing.   "You know Jess."   Jessica stared at her sister.   "I can't count the reasons why I love you so much." Taeyeon sweetly smiled.   "I thought you said the main reason is you love me because you love me?" Jessica chuckled.   "That was before. But each day you're getting cuter and cuter." Taeyeon pinched her nose.   "I so wanna squished your cheeks until blood would ooze out then you can die."
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter