Chapter 2

The Rhythm of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sooyoung's brows were knitted while staring at her cousin. She decided to check on Yoona in the afternoon to see if she's feeling better and it seemed like the younger girl was more than okay. Her signature alligator grin was actually plastered on her face while folding the sleeves of her chiffon blouse.

"You're acting weird. What's gotten into you?" she wondered and Yoona's grin became even wider.

"I'm going to see someone important. So? How do I look?"

"Like an idiot."

Sooyoung winced when her cousin smacked her shoulder. "I'm being serious here," Yoona emphasized.

"Fine. You look beautiful as usual. But seriously, Yoona. What happened to you? Last time I checked you were so down and now your annoying alligator grin is clearly visible on your face. Are you on drugs or something?"

"Pabo! I'm not on drugs okay? Let's just say I met an angel last night who saved me from my melancholic life. I gotta go, buddy. I need to see that angel soon."

"Tch. An angel huh? I just hope you won't get hurt again this time," Sooyoung uttered after her cousin stormed out of the room.

Yoona dropped by the flower shop first to buy a dozen of red roses. She placed this on the passenger seat of her red Lotus Evora before she buckled her seatbelt and started the engine.

It's five PM when she arrived and parked her car at the empty parking area. With her heart thumping with mixed nervousness and excitement, Yoona walked her way up to the rooftop of the six-storey building. She's tired and breathing hard yet Yoona can't help herself from smiling just by thinking about the girl who told her that her name was beautiful.

It's six-thirty and the moon has lit up the rooftop yet there was no sign of the woman. Yoona decided to wait a little longer. She's positive that Jessica will come. And she did. She arrived wearing a ripped skinny jeans, a white shirt and a red hooded jacket. She was surprised to find someone else in the rooftop.

"H-Hi!" Yoona greeted nervously after she quickly hid the roses behind her back.

"Hi. What are you doing here?"

"I...ugh...I came to pay a visit. And to have some fresh air." Yoona scratched the back of her head because of how lame she sounded. "Actually, I wanted to see you. And to thank you for helping me. I spent all day thinking about what you said. And you're right. I shouldn't waste my life just because I'm going through tough times. And that there are other people out there who are probably going through something worst than what I experienced. So thank you, Jessica for making me realize that."

"You're welcome...What's that in your other hand?" Tim

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter