Chapter 7

The Rhythm of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona's grin was wide while staring at her angel who's busy making a raspberry angel food cake and spaghetti. They're still in Jessica's house because the new couple decided to spend time together while waiting for midnight to celebrate Yoona's birthday.

"Am I too beautiful for you to stare at me like that even if I am not making an eye contact with you?" Jessica asked while preparing the spaghetti sauce.

Yoona rounded the kitchen counter to give Jessica a back hug. "Yes," she replied after resting her chin on the shorter girl's shoulder. "You're so beautiful that it makes my heart beat irregularly. How can you manage to do it effortlessly, Miss Beautiful? When I see you my heart beats rapidly. And when you smile at me it slows down and then speed up again."

Jessica snorted at the girl's cheesy lines. "You're so cheesy Miss Im," she remarked so Yoona tickled her with kisses on her neck.

"But you like it right?" she inquired.

Jessica smiled and squeezed Yoona's arm with her free hand. "Of course I like it. Aren't you going to give me a hand?"

"I plan to. What should I do?"

"Dust the cake with confectioners' sugar and arrange the remaining raspberries on top."

Yoona did as she's told and once she's done, she helped the maid in setting up the table at the terrace garden. Less than ten minutes before midnight the two finished the preparations. The spaghetti and cake were served together with a bottle of wine. Two tall candles were lit between the table centerpieces made of silver plate bowls filled with pink lilies.

While waiting for twelve o'clock, the two lovebirds watched the river and the skyscrapers.

"It's time," Jessica said after checking her wristwatch. She swiveled to face the girl standing behind her, then threw her arms around Yoona's neck and smiled sweetly at the doe-eyed girl. "Happy birthday, Yoona," she greeted before pressing their lips that danced in sync with their heartbeats.

"This birthday is the best birthday I ever had."

"Why?"

"Because you're with me. And not only that...You're also mine now. After one month of fangirling and waiting, you're finally my girlfriend Jessica."

Jessica Yoona's hair and stared at her doe eyes. She always love the way the taller girl is staring at her because it makes her feel like she's the most beautiful woman in the whole world. 

"I love you." Like her bewitching piano masterpiece, those three words came out of that strum a string in the birthday girl's heart. "I may not be able to spend time with you under the sun, but I want you to know that you are my sun, Im Yoona. You shine brightly in my life."

"I love you too, Jessica. You are the angel who saved me from my misery. Meeting you is one of the best things that ever happened in my life. And it is my honor to become your sun. I promise you that this sun's light will never fade because your love is what will keep it shining brightly."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter