Chapter 3

The Rhythm of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Flick! Yoona winced in pain and rubbed her forehead before glaring at her cousin Sooyoung who is her partner in cleaning a recently vacated master suite. It's part of their training routine as the heiresses of Shinhwa hotels which have branches in Seoul and Busan, and in Shanghai and Macau. Yoona's father is the head of the South Korean branches while Sooyoung's dad is in-charge of the branches in China.

"What's the matter with you? It hurts, Soo!" Yoona complained while rubbing her forehead.

"I did it to wake your senses, cousin. You're spacing out again. Uncle is making his rounds. What if he sees you doing nothing for the third time in a row? Are you prepared to hear another litany from your dad?"

"You could have just called me and not flick my forehead."

"I did but your mind was off somewhere that my call ended up on deaf ears. Now it's my turn to ask. What's the matter with you? Why do you often space out these days?"

Yoona flopped on the sofa and slouched. She sighed and propped her chin to her palms. "My angel...I've been seeing her for two weeks now but I'm still clueless about her life. I sometimes sleep with her-"

Yoona was interrupted by Sooyoung's malicious gasp. "You slept with her?!" she asked. 

"Yah! Not the kind of sleep you have in mind, byuntae! I just slept next to her since she often stay overnight at the rooftop of this abandoned building. And when I wake up before sunrise she's gone. I don't know why and I'm too shy to ask either."

"Then gather the courage you need for you to be able to ask her. But Yoongie...did you just say abandoned?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"You and that girl you're calling your angel stays overnight in an abandoned building?" Yoona bobbed her head. "And you didn't feel scared?" Again, another nod. "What kind of sorcery is this?!" Sooyoung threw her hands up in the air. Yoona rolled her eyes because her cousin is overreacting. "Weren't you always afraid of abandoned places since we were kids? You often say that such places have ghosts!"

Yoona shook her head. But when she realized that Sooyoung was right, her eyes grew wide and her jaw dropped.

"What happened?" she asked herself. "Why am I not scared of that place? Why haven't I felt the slightest fear when I walked up the stairs with only a flashlight as my light source?"

"Hey, Yoong! You're spacing out again."

"Y-You're right, Soo. I really need to find the courage to ask so that I'll stop wondering what it is that I don't know about her."

"Yeah, you should. It isn't wr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter