Chapter 15

The Rhythm of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three nights after their intimate moment, Yoona stayed in Jessica's place again after Sehun informed her that her girlfriend collapsed in his recording studio due to high fever. Sehun was supposed to bring her to the hospital and call her father but Jessica protested for him to do both and told him to bring her home instead. She also asked him not to tell Yoona about it to avoid making her worried. But when Jessica's phone rang several times while she was asleep, Sehun answered Yoona's call and told her what happened.

"How is she?" Yoona asked Butler Han right after she arrived. The butler was unable to give her an answer since Sehun intercepted.

"Her fever has gone down by two degrees. She doesn't wanna have you informed about this to avoid making you worried. But I had no choice. I don't wanna lie to you when you asked how she's doing and why she can't answer your calls."

Jessica was still asleep when Sehun returned to her room with Yoona tailing behind him. The latter checked her girlfriend's hands for a new burn injury that might have triggered her fever yet there was none.

"It's probably because of overfatigue," Sehun said after guessing the question on Yoona's mind. "For several days in the past few weeks she'd been keeping herself busy composing and recording new piano songs. She's not feeling well since this morning but she insisted to finish our final day of recording."

Yoona shook her head in understanding. "Thank you for looking after her."

"You're welcome. I used to do this too when we're still in Vegas and her parents are not around."

After a while, Sehun left to go back to SMEnt because the agency's busy preparing for a girl group's comeback. Yoona remained by Jessica's side, giving her a sponge bath and monitoring her body temperature.

"Yoongie..." Jessica said in a weak tone. "What are you doing here? Where's Sehun?"

"He left a few minutes ago to report to SMEnt. I called earlier and he told me that you're sick so you couldn't answer my calls. How are you?"

"I'm feeling better. My head still hurts but it's better than before."

"Are you hungry? Miss Park prepared a red bean porridge."

Jessica just shook her head so Yoona excused herself to go to the kitchen. She fed Jessica and also assisted her in taking her medicine. "Can I stay?" Yoona asked. "I wanna take care of you until you feel better."

"Don't you have work to do? I can just ask Miss Park to look after me."

"It's my day off tomorrow. Therefore, I can stay up late to take care of you."

Jessica knows Yoona will continue to insist so she just allowed her to stay. Yoona waited until her angel fell asleep before she lied next to her. And in the morning she woke up early to see if Jessica's condition has improved. A sigh of relief escaped from when she saw that Jessica's temperature has returned to normal.

"Your fever's gone," she informed Jessica when she woke up. "How about your head? Does it still hurt?"

"Not anymore. It's all thanks to my beautiful nurse," Jessica said smiling. She run her fingers to Yoona's face and gave her a loving kiss. "I love you," she said in the way that always manage to make Yoona breathless.

"I love you too. What do you want to have for breakfast?"

"Just some sandwich and warm milk. Why? Are you going to prepare it for me?"

"I would love to."

Yoona gave Jessica a forehead kiss before heading to the bathroom to wash her face. After that she went to the kitchen to prepare their breakfast. Miss Park wasn't around to help her because the maid went to the market so Yoona asked the butler intead for Jessica's preference for sandwiches.

While she was busy heating the bacon and cutting the vegetables for the sandwich, someone came whom she thought was Miss Park. But when she tilted her head to see who it was, Yoona dropped her knife and the visitor's mouth fell agape. 

"Yoona?" 

"Yuri..."

"W-W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter