Chapter 6

The Rhythm of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunlight will be the death of me. This statement given by Jessica made Yoona even more confused and curious as to who and what her angel is. Hence, with her voice trembling, Yoona asked Jessica to clarify what she had just said.

"Can you drive me to my house?" Jessica asked instead of giving an answer.

"Y-Yes."

"Then drive me to my house Yoona. I'm going to show you something."

Jessica's place was a twenty-minute drive from that building. Her place in Gangnam district is a villa with white interiors and an exquisite terrace garden that has a great view of the Han River. The old servant Jessica called Butler Han was surprised to see the young lady back so soon. Jessica just dismissed his queries and gave a quick introduction of their guest before leading Yoona to a spacious underground room. Plastered on it's walls were pictures of different people with freckles, burns and tumors. On top of one desk were medical books and journals along with scribbles about XP and skin cancer.

When Yoona looked over Jessica to ask about those scribbles, her voice became muffled. Why? Because she saw her taking off her jacket and her blouse, leaving her tank top that perfectly hugs her attractive curves. Jessica also removed the glove on her left hand. And there revealed to Yoona's eyes was a big, uneven, and flattened scar at the back of Jessica's left hand extending up to her elbow.

"This is a reminder that I can never be friends with the sun Yoona...Because I don't have the ability to repair sunburns easily." Jessica put on her blouse again before staring at the photos she plastered on the wall. "These are examples of what will happen to me if I'll expose myself to sunlight. It's a condition called XP." She turned the page of a journal to the section about a genetic condition called XERODERMA PIGMENTOSUM. "It's the culprit for my great maternal grandmother's death. So everytime a child is born in our clan, he or she is screened for the possibility of having this disease... I was the unlucky one Yoona. I grew up hiding from the sun and not knowing what it feels like to have the sun's rays touching my skin. So when I turned eighteen, I took the courage to expose my left arm, extending it over the car's window."

Tears pooled in Jessica's eyes and it hurt Yoona to see her in the verge of crying.

"That was one of the happiest moments of my life," Jessica continued. "A happiness that was only shortlived because of the stinging pain of sunburn." The girl closed her eyes and allowed her tears to fall. Yoona rounded the table so that she can wipe those tears away with her thumb. "When Sehun learned of my condition during the time we were still in grade school, he refused to believe me and thought that I was a vampire since he loves to read books about these creatures." Jessica smiled when she remembered Sehun's face when he thought Jessica was a supernatural being since she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter