Chapter 17

The Rhythm of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The abandoned building plays the same role music does to Jessica. It is her safe haven. And now it is the only place that will listen to the cry of her heart. A new kind of cry because this time it's not about the melancholy brought by her rare genetic disease nor by the death of her beloved mother. It is a cry brought about by the heartache caused by the only woman she loves - the one whom she surrendered herself to and the one who became her sun.

In one room of that building that now officially belongs to this sole heiress of Blanc Group, is where pieces of old house decors became shattered. The full moon is the only source of light in that room. And Jessica can't help but become more emotional while staring at that round object and the stars that lit the night sky.

"I don't care if I can't do the things lovers do during daytime. What matters to me is that I'll be able to spend time with you. I'm willing to make the sacrifices you did. So please let me love you, Jessica."

Remembering those words only made Jessica be succumbed with her anger. She picked up the shattered pieces of decors and smashed it on the floor once more. The sharp edges of those things left some cuts on her hand but she just ignored it. What hurts more is not that wound but the crushing pain deep in her chest.

Meanwhile, Yoona has arrived to that building bringing with her the hope that it is the place where she can finally find Jessica. When she didn't see her at the rooftop, Yoona checked if some rooms remained open. But all of the rooms in the fifth and sixth floors were locked so she decided to see if Jessica was inside that unit that has a grand piano. And her assumption was right. Jessica was there sobbing in one corner near the glass windows. "Jessica..." she called with tears crowding her doe eyes. Every step she took felt unusually heavy because of how broken Jessica looks because of her.

"Don't come near me!" Jessica's voice was trembling in anger. Her once gentle brown orbs mirrored nothing but hatred towards the girl who shattered her heart. "I don't want your filthy hands on me!"

"I'm sorry."

"Sorry? That's all you have to say? You should have told me Yoona. I deserve to know because Yuri is now part of my family. I already told you that I'll accept even the smallest stain in your life. Yet you didn't tell me. Do you know why I'm hurt like this? It's not only because I saw you making out with someone else, not to mention that it's Yuri. It's also because you chose not to tell me. And because you lied to me. You kept a secret from me. I didn't do any of those. I made myself an open book for you because I love you so much...Because I have not only a mere trust but also faith in you. So why did you do it?"

"I was afraid to hurt you."

"Why? Did you think I won't be hurt if I'll find out? It would have been easier for me to ignore this pain if you told me. But you chose not to do it, Im Yoona...I don't wanna see you again. Not even in this place. This place does not deserve you anymore because you don't deserve my heart."

When Jessica attempted to leave, Yoona took the courage she needs and kneeled in front of her, huggi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter