Chapter 27

The Rhythm of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Upon seeing the news about the announcement made by Arthur Jung in the fiftieth anniversary of the conglomerate founded by his father, Sehun quickly dialled Jessica's number to ask how she is. The phone's ring failed to stir Jessica in her repose so it's Yuri who answered his call.

"How is she?" Sehun asked immediately after hearing the young Mrs. Jung's voice. It's obvious in the strain of his voice how concerned he was with the friend he's known since childhood. He wasn't surprised at all when Yuri told him that they brought his friend to the hospital. Jessica has always been like that for five years in a row. She always pass out after a bout of strong emotions caused by the people closest to her heart. "Please look after her," he begged. "Please help my friend in surviving this situation, Yuri. Even if she looks like a strong person, she becomes weak when it involves someone she loves dearly."

"Don't worry. Me and Joseph will do anything to help her. Thank you so much for your concern, Sehun. I'll tell Jessica that you called once she's awake. She'll be discharged in a few hours."

"Okay. Thank you, Yuri."

After ending the phonecall, Yuri sat on the edge of the hospital bed and tucked Jessica's stray hair behind her ear. She watched the girl with pity written in her eyes. She never thought that something like this will happen to the girl who loves Yoona so much. And what surprised her even more is that her father-in-law just did something without thinking about what it's going to make Jessica feel.

---

"Soo," Yoona called in a weak voice when she entered the office of her troubled cousin. Both of their eyes were swollen from crying so much over the situation they just got involved in. Sooyoung couldn't manage to look straight into Yoona's eyes at first because it hurts her to see the woman who loves her fiancée. What's making the situation more difficult for her is that Yoona is her cousin...Not just her bestfriend but her own blood.

Yoona stood silent beside Sooyoung. And after a moment of gathering her courage, she kneeled down with her head hung low. "Don't do it please," she begged her cousin who was surprised with what she just did. "Please don't let the fixed marriage happen Sooyoung. Because if you'll do, I don't know if I still can manage to go on with my life. Jessica is my life now. She's the only angel who can save me. I couldn't live without her. So please Soo, don't marry her. Do it for me please. Help me get her back."

Yoona's cry triggered another batch of Sooyoung's tears. She got off her chair and leveled her eyes with her cousin.

"I'm not going to do it. I am not going to say yes. I am not going to say I do," Sooyoung replied with so much determination. "We're gonna get through this Yoong. We're going to prove Mr. Jung that it's you who deserves to stand in the altar with Jessica. Trust me Yoona and have faith in Jessica too. I'm sure she will also do something about this. So believe in her okay?"

Yoona shook her head and gave Sooyoung a tight hug. She thanked her cousin for her willingness to help her deal with their situation.

While the cousins were busy discussing how to make Arthur Jung change his mind, Mr. Im was also doing his ways to help Yoona. He was on his knees in front of the oldest and most powerful Jung. "Please give my daughter a chance, Mr. Jung. She loves Jessica so much. I know that what she did tainted your trust in her. But she has changed. So please give her another chance to prove herself worthy to be with Miss Jung."

"Jin-Ho, just b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter