Chapter 35

The Rhythm of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri's mouth was agape when she meet up with the guest Jessica's trusted butler, Mr. Han, was talking about. Waiting at the living room of the Jungs mansion was Im Yoona. She's carrying with her a luggage and a big sling bag which made her look like someone kicked her out of her own house. Her one arm is hugging a handful of various kinds of wild orchids while her other hand is holding a bag of French loaf.

Yoona immediately bowed upon seeing her girlfriend's stepmother. "Good afternoon, Mrs. Jung! It's been five days since my last visit. You look as gorgeous as your daughter," the choding greeted politely.

Yuri arched her brows, unamused of Yoona's jolly greetings. She's looking straight at the visitor's doe eyes, peering for an explanation of her presence. "Yoongie, what's the meaning of this? What's in that bag?" the curious stepmother asked.

"My clothes. I'm moving in today. I already asked Uncle Joe's permission to let me stay here for a month."

Yuri's curiosity grew bigger after hearing Yoona's answer. "A month? Why?"

"I'm on a one month vacation. I wish to spend it here if you don't mind Mrs. Jung."

"Don't call me Mrs. Jung. I feel like an ahjumma when those words are coming out of your mouth. You should - " Yuri was unable to finish her statement since her phone rang. She swiped the green button to answer her husband's call.

"Has Yoona arrived, honey?" Mr. Jung asked.

"Yes. Your weirdo furture in-law has just arrived. Did she tell you that she wants to stay here?"

"Yes. She said she wants to spend her one month vacation over there so that she can take care of Jess who's busy for her concert next month and her frequent guesting on radio and TV shows. Don't you think it's a great idea? You'll have someone helping you in looking after our daughter while me and dad are busy with business matters."

"It does sound great. But hon, it also means that Jessie will be having a one month sleepless nights because of this choding's misbehaving hormones."

"Whoah! Don't you think it's too much of an insult to my pride, umma?" Yoona blurted out.

"Don't call me umma. I'm not your mother yet," Yuri answered back. Joseph Jung just laughed at their banter.

"It's okay, honey. Our future daughter-in-law promised that she'll behave this time. She promised not to cause any trouble so you can sleep in peace even if she's there with Jessie."

"I cannot trust that. Everytime she pays a visit she nibbles our daughter's lips instead of the meat we serve as her meal."

Yuri sounds immature while complaining about Yoona. And the latter kept on defending herself saying that seducing Jessica is a "call of nature". Therefore the call ended up into Joseph Jung being entertained by his wife and Yoona's bickering.

"Take care of our daughter. And keep an eye on our in-law," Joseph reminded before concluding his phonecall.

"You look happy," his father, who have just arrived in his office, noted after Joseph kept his phone in his coat's pocket.

"Yuri is bickering with Yoona. She's complaining that my daughter will have consecutive sleepless nights because of Yoona's naughty hormones now that she'll be staying in our house for a month."

Arthur Jung's shoulders shuddered when he laughed along with his son. "Kids these days," he said chuckling. "At least someone will give my granddaughter a free massage everyday."

Joseph laughed louder at the hidden meaning of Arthur Jung's 'massage'. After laughing out loud because of the topic about Yoona's naughtiness, they composed themselves and proceeded to the venue of their board meeting.

Back in Korea, Yuri is keeping her hands and eyes busy by inspecting the stuffs Yoona brought with her.

"Aigoo! What is it that you're looking for umma? I'm not a masochist or sadistic girlfriend and you know that. The things I brought are just my clothes and beauty products. Seriously! You tore my pride and honor into pieces in just a span of thirty minutes. Is that how you welcome your daughter-in-law?"

"I said stop calling me umma. I'm just making sure that you didn't bring anything that will keep my daughter awake the entire night and then sore the next day."

"What I have that can make her sore are attached to me as part of my gorgeous human anatomy. I don't need artificial things or whatsoever because I'm a skilled lover." Yoona jutted out her lower lip. "You keep on addressing my girlfriend as your daughter yet you're not allowing me to call you umma." She's a little upset of Yuri's strictness. But she cannot blame her for this. Yuri enjoys doing her responsibilities as Jessica's second mother and being strict to a future in-law is part of her job. "I'm done reading it," Yoona said all of a su

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter