Chapter 8

The Rhythm of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona was supposed to be having fun on her birthday party prepared by her father. But she wasn't fully enjoying it because half of the celebrant's mind was off somewhere...somewhere where the love of her life is. And Sooyoung's trained eyes didn't fail to notice this.

"You look like you're in a hurry and wants this party to be over soon," Sooyoung remarked. 

"I wanna see her Soo."

"I understand you're so in love right now that's why you feel like you can't let a day pass without seeing her. But resist the urge to leave Yoona. Your father needs you to be here until the party is over. You can just visit her tomorrow since you have another day off."

Sooyoung was right. So even if it was hard for Yoona, she tried to resist the urge to leave. Moreover, Jessica wouldn't like it if she finds out Yoona left her guests. It will be disrespectful of her to do such.

When the party was over, Yoona helped the servants in cleaning. It's the first time Mr. Im saw his daughter doing household chores in their residence. She never once did even if she does these chores in her training at Shinhwa Hotel.

"Yoona?" he called with his authoritative voice.

"Yes dad?"

"Go to my study once you're done helping them."

"W-Why dad?"

"Stop asking and just do as I say."

Yoona's heart beat faster while she was closing in to her father's study. She got the feeling that their talk will be about her sneaking out at night. And she was right. Mr. Im did raise that concern. "Where do you often go, Yoona? A nightclub? A druglord's den?"

"No dad. I am not taking drugs. And I don't go to nightclubs either. Though I used to but not anymore. Trust me dad. It's been almost two months since I last visited a nightclub."

"So where do you go? Why do you often leave every night, Im Yoona? I want an honest answer."

"I...I go out to meet my girlfriend."

"Kwon Yuri? That social climber? Weren't you - "

"It's not Yuri dad. And even if we're over, I don't want to hear you calling her a social climber. You don't know her so well."

"Tch. Not a social climber you say? She married a CEO of a conglomerate who's way older than her. And yet she shouldn't be called a social climber? Ridiculous! If it's not that girl, then who is it?"

"Si - ... Se Na." Yoona decided to use Jessica's code name since Se Na is a familiar name to someone who listens to classical music, like her father.

"Who?"

"The pianist and now singer called Se Na. We became official last night."

Mr. Im was astounded by Yoona's confession. He couldn't utter a word for quite a while. "You personally know that pianist?"

"Yes. She's the one who stopped me from killing myself."

Mr. Im jumped on his seat for yet again another surprising confession from his daughter. "What?! You tried to kill yourself? Are you out of your mind?"

With fingers fidgetting, Yoona lowered her gaze and bobbed her head. "I was feeling down because you tore me and Yuri apart. And then one year later I learned that she's married. It hurts a lot to know that the person you're waiting for had found another person t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter