Chapter 20

The Rhythm of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: Since I won't be able to update this story tomorrow, I made this chapter now. My original plan is to make Jessica use Sooyoung to break Yoona's heart but because of the requests, I wrote this instead (And the chapter to explain Soosica tag will be delayed)

Hope this chapter can cheer you up ^^

 

 

A deafening silence is what reigned at the rooftop of the apartment building when Jessica arrived finding Yoona seated at her lounger. A stare off battle started the moment their eyes met. And no one dared to break away from the stare until Jessica's phone rang. It's Sehun.

"Hello?"

"Where are you Jess? I've been waiting for you for fifteen minutes. You're not the type who comes late in our hang out."

"Sorry, Hunk. I have a change of plan."

"Are you not feeling well?"

Jessica placed a hand on her left chest while staring at Yoona. "A little," she said, referring to her heartache. "But I'll be fine. Sorry I won't be able to join you this time."

"It's okay. Have some rest alright?"

"Okay. Bye. Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

After slipping the phone back to her pocket, Jessica sat on the metal chair beside Yoona's lounger. She took a can of latte from the small grocery bag she brought and gave it to Yoona.

"T-Thank you," Yoona said awkwardly.

Jessica responded with a smile before she opened her can of latte and downed it's content. "The moon is smiling at you," she noted.

"Y-Yeah. It's smiling on you too."

"Do you know that between the sun and the moon, I prefer the last one?"

"Is it because you have XP?"

A chuckle escaped from Jessica's mouth and her eyes sparked as well. Yoona miss it...a lot. "No. Not really because I am a child of the dark (a/n: XP patients are also referred to as 'Children of the dark'). It's because staring at the moon doesn't hurt your eyes." Jessica paused and breathed in deeply. "And it's because I've become like a moon when I met you," she added which made Yoona speechless while locking gaze with her. "The moon takes it's light from the sun. Without the sun, the moon cannot illuminate this world at night. It will be just a useless spherical object in our solar system. What I'm saying is...I shone brightly because of you. Because of your light, I'm able to illuminate my own world."

"Jessica..." There are too many words crowding in Yoona's mind. Words that she wanted to say yet she doesn't know how to express it as beautifully as Jessica just did so she just reached out for her left hand. The latter didn't pull it back so Yoona was able to feel it's warmth sinking into her own hand.

"Thanks to you, Yoona. For loving me...For giving me your light. You've said sorry several times and I already forgave you. And now...it's my turn to say that too... I'm sorry. I'm sorry that my weak heart brought you a heartache. I'm sorry I chose to stay away..." There were many more that came after the words I'm sorry, so Yoona got on her feet and pulled Jessica for an embrace to silence her mantra of apologies.

"It's okay, Sica. Because of me you had your first heartache so I understand why you hated me and chose to leave me," Yoona said while weeping. "Despite of what I've done, I hope you'll still let me be your sun. I wanna bring light to your world again that darkened because of me. Allow me to be your sun again, okay?"

With tears streaming down her face, Jessica shook her head and gave Yoona a kiss. Yoona's hands were on either side of her lover's neck preventing her silky brown locks from curtaining their faces. Jessica's hands were on the taller girl's hips gripping on her shirt and never letting go just like how they

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter