FINAL RHYTHM

The Rhythm of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: This is the last chapter. Thank you so much to all those who showed their appreciation to this story.

 

It's the twenty-ninth day of May 2016, exactly a year after Jessica Jung opened up her heart to Im Yoona. To make their first anniversary more memorable, the two chose this date for the most special day of their life which is none other than their wedding day. Sixty of the closest people in their hearts gathered at the Little Church of the West in Las Vegas, Nevada for this is the church where Jessica dreams to get married. Used as an aisle runner was a white cloth with digitally printed messages of the couple's everlasting love. It's decorated with pink rose petals arranged in a neat spiraling patterns on both sides. Draped in between pews are a combination of white tulle and crystal garlands attached to manzanita branches that are painted white, glimmered with silver dusts and adorned with floral poms made with pink and red orchids. Nervously waiting by the altar was Im Yoona and her maid of honor, Choi Sooyoung. They're both wearing a white suit while Mr. Im is wearing a black tuxedo. And standing in front of the ensemble were Oh Sehun and Lee Hyoeun whose voices perfectly blended in when they sang "Take My Hand" which is a wedding song composed by Jessica and Yoona.

 (a/n: Click on the video to listen to the wedding song sang by Emily Hackett and Will Anderson of the band Parachute entitled "Take My Hand")

 

Just like other weddings, the wedding processional was a wonderfully touching moment most specially when the doors were finally opened to reveal the bride standing between her father and stepmother. Happiness is reflected in their eyes while greeting the guests with a smile. 

This glorious moment is Jessica's wish coming true. It is a dream an XP patient like her never thought would turn into reality. Despite having a rare disease that limited her of the things she can do, Jessica still feel blessed because of the many good things that happened in her life. She have Oh Sehun, a great friend who's been with her (literally) since birth until now. She still have a father and a granddad whose restored relationship with her has become stronger and is now unbreakable. She also have her mother's angel in the form of Kwon Yuri who never faltered in showing her kindness, support and understanding to her husband's daughter. Jessica also have her fans around the globe whose never ending encouragement and appreciation to her music inspires her to continue writing songs.

In a span of one year Jessica found new great friends like Han Siwon, Choi Sooyoung and her girlfriend Lee Hyoeun whose jokes and simple antics effortlessly fill her days with optimism and laughter. And last but not the least (rather, it is the best of all), Jessica Jung was blessed with Im Yoona, the doe-eyed girl who brought light into her life through her smile, her sweet words...her sweet love. And that person is so in love with her right now. Her heart's fluttering the way it did when she first realized she loves Jessica.

"Mom, I'm marrying my angel tonight," Yoona said in a soft voice. Her eyes are glistening with tears of joy while watching Jessica taking slow steps towards her, with a smile that never faded ever since her eyes landed on the woman waiting for her at the altar.

Her father, who heard what she said, placed a hand on Yoona's shoulder and flashed a gentle smile. "I'm sure your mother is so happy right now," he said. "She'll be very proud of you as much as I am." It is Mr. Im who gave Yoona the engagement ring. He's supposed to give it as a gift to his wife for their wedding anniversary but she died a week before that day. Never did he imagine that one day he'll be giving that ring to his daughter.

The wedding ceremony went on. And despite the many attempts, Joseph Jung still failed to stop his tears from falling. His baby girl is now a grown-up. His heart is bursting with happiness because the wonderful moment in a daughter's life he feared he might not witness because of Jessica's condition, is happening right now in the same place where he said his vows to her mother.

"Do you, Im Yoon Ah, take Jessica Mendler Jung as your lawfully wedded spouse, knowing in your heart that you will be a faithful friend and a loving companion? On this special night, in the presence of families and friends as witnesses, do you give your sacred vow that you will always be with Jessica and support her in times of sickness, in times of health, in times of joy and in times of sorrow? Do you promise to love her completely, to console and comfort her during difficult times, to laugh with her and to grieve with her, to share with her life's simplest but most enduring pleasures, to be truthful and honest with her, and to cherish her for as long as you both shall live?"

With lips parted for a beautiful smile and her eyes looking directly at her lover's brown orbs, Yoona replied, "I do."

"Do you, Jessica Mendler Jung, take Im Yoon Ah as your lawfully wedded spouse, knowing in your heart that you will be a faithful friend and a loving companion? On this special night, in the presence of families and friends as witnesses, do you give your sacred vow that you will always be with Yoona and support her in times of sickness and in times of health, in times of joy and in times of sorrow? Do you promise to love her completely, to console and comfort her during difficult times, to laugh with her and to grieve with her, to share with her life's simplest but most enduring pleasures, to be truthful and honest with her, and to cherish her for as long as you both shall live?"

Returning the smile Yoona showed her, Jessica replied, "I do."

After the blessi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter