Chapter 38

The Rhythm of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the successful and romantic duet with Jessica, Yoona rushed to the dressing room to change her outfit into a white v-neck T-shirt topped with black blazer. She wore white pants and then a pair of black pump. She slipped the heart-shaped ring box in her pocket and proceeded at the backstage. Her father, the Choi family together with Siwon and his mother and then Hyoeun and her family were at the front seats with Jessica's family. They waved at Yoona and mouthed goodluck to the nervous girl.

"It's the last song," Sehun informed Yoona when Jessica played her piano song entitled 'You're My Angel'. "Standby at the exit door. The lights turning off will be your cue to get in."

"Okay. Thanks Sehun. Wish me luck."

Sehun smiled and tapped Yoona's shoulder giving it a gentle squeeze. "Goodluck. I know you can do it Yoona. Just remember the first time you sang for her," he said.

"Thank you so much for coming here. It's amazing. I never expected that many will come to join me tonight," Jessica said as a closing message to her fans. "I'm sorry it took me several years before I finally showed my face and performed in front of you. I'm looking forward to more opportunities like this. I will continue on painting your world with my music..." Jessica closed her eyes before she continued "...until the very end," she added referring to the end of her life once her frail body stops fighting.

The crowd cheered and clapped their hands including her teary-eyed family. They were expressing their full support to the musician when all the lights were turned off. A few seconds later, the dim lights were switched on which further increased Jessica's curiosity on what's going on. A music was heard and a spotlight was focused on Yoona. She's singing a Sara Bareilles song entitled "I Choose You" while slowly walking on the aisle, on her way to her angel standing at the main stage.

 

Let the bough break

Let it come down crashing

Let the sun fade out to a dark sky

Can't say I'd even notice it was absent

Cause I could live by the light in your eyes

I'll unfold before you

What I've strung together

The very first words of a lifelong love letter

 

Tell the world that we finally got it all right

I choose you

I will become yours and you will become mine

I choose you

I choose you

 

When another spotlight was focused on Jessica, the selected fans occupying the seats at the second floor lit up their golden lightsticks. This formed the message "Will You Marry Me?" And at this time, Yoona is now halfway near the stage where her surprised girlfriend was waiting with tears of joy pooling in her brown orbs.

There was a time when I would have believed them

If they told me you could not come true

Just love's illusion

 

But then you found me and everything changed

And I believe in something again

My whole heart will be yours forever

This is a beautiful start to a lifelong love letter

 

 

Tell the world that we finally got it all right

I choose you

I will become yours and you will become mine

I choose you

I choose you

 

Yoona stood before the love of her life and then held her hand the way Jessica did when they sang together.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter