Chapter 14

The Rhythm of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Had a great time?" This is what Yoona heard which made her heart jump out of surprise when she arrived home. She thought her father has gone to the hotel yet he wasn't. He's relaxing at the living room while enjoying a glass of wine. Awkwardly, Yoona greeted him and Mr. Im motioned for his daughter to take the seat next to him. He told the maid to bring in another wine glass, poured nearly half of it with red wine and gave it to his daughter for a toast. "Let me guess. You were able to score this time, right?" he suddenly asked after taking a sip of his wine which made Yoona choke on her drink. "That time you called, was that after the moment or before?" he continued to ask casually.

"Dad?! Let's not talk about something like that please," said the embarrassed Yoona.

"Oh come on! I'm interested to know. So? Was it before or after?"

"Af-After."

"How was it?"

"Do I really have to tell you?"

"Of course. We can talk about it like friends do."

Yoona stared at her dad's eyes to look for signs that he's just kidding yet there was none. "It's...It's amazing," she said, obviously struggling to grasp the right words to say. "I don't know dad. There's just too many words to describe it. An A4 size of paper is not enough to write on the words to complete the description of how our night made me feel. But dad..." Yoona paused. She's wondering if she should tell her dad about Yuri's connection to Jessica and ask for his advice in dealing with her once they meet.

"Yes? What is it?"

"N-Nothing. I'm just happy that we're able to talk like this. I never imagined that a day like this would come."

Yoona's hesitation to continue what she was about to say rang an alarm in Mr. Im's mind. "You better not mess up this relationship Yoona. I want you to end up marrying Jessica Jung. I will never let you leave that great catch," he said to himself with one hand balled into a fist.

That problem about Yuri kept Yoona's mind busy at work. But when Se Na's piano song entitled "In Love" (a/n: Danbi - In Love) was played and echoed through the hallways, her worries faded and became replaced with the images of her passionate night with Jessica. Her moan, her kiss, and her warmth drew a smile on Yoona's face but it faded when she met Sooyoung's curious gaze.

"You're smiling like an idiot again," she said with arms crossed and fingers tapping. "Have you gone crazy my dear friend?"

"Maybe. I think that's what being in love can do."

Sooyoung hissed at how corny her cousin sounded. "I hate it when you're being cheesy. Let's get back to work. We need to finish our job soon so that I can lounge in my precious couch back in our staff room."

Meanwhile, in a house in Gangnam district, someone is daydreaming about her previous night while staring at herself on the mirror. Yoona's touch and kisses still lingered on her skin and she can't help but to smile while tracing her lips and the mark Yoona left on her neck. Jessica's thought was interrupted when someone knocked on her door. "Come in," she said before she continued brushing her hair.

"Aren't you going to welcome your dad with a hug?" she heard the visitor say.

"You already know that I don't do that," Jessica replied without tilting her head to meet her father's gaze.

"I expected to see you waiting for me at the mansion."

"That house belongs to you and not to me."

"Jessica, why do you always exclude yourself to the properties that belong to us? You are my only child. What's mine belongs to you too."

Jessica rose from her seat and faced her father with a cold expression plastered on her face. "You know too well the answer to that. I keep trying dad. But everytime I look at you I can't stop the images of my crying mother from flashing on my mind. So tell me, how can I forgive you when I always remember how broken she has become because of you?" Jessica closed her eyes and allowed two pearls of tears to streak down her face. And after a sigh she wiped it away with the back of her hands. "Are you hungry? I told Miss Park to prepare something for your arrival."

"She's not yet done preparing the meal. Yuri is helping her."

Yuri. Jessica still doesn't know how to deal with the young woman. She feels awkward being around a stepmother her age. When Jessica went to the kitchen walking ahead of her dad, Yuri stopped what she's doing and scurried towards Jessica to give her a hug. Her eyes were sparkling with j

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter