Chapter 32

The Rhythm of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: To divert my attention, I tried scribbling. And it resulted to this. Hope you'll like this one-chapter update. 

 

 

After the talk show where Jessica was asked to explain about her relationship with Yoona and also the reason why she preferred hiding Se Na's identity (which involves letting her fans know about her rare genetic condition), the couple and their friends faced another batch of curious souls at the broadcasting company's parking lot. Sehun can sense that Jessica is in a hurry to leave. And Yoona can also see signs of it in her lover's eyes so she told the reporters that they will answer their queries in some other time. With the help of Sehun and Sooyoung together with the security guards of KBS, the couple were able to squeeze by and leave the scene using Yoona's car.

"Are you okay?" Yoona held her lover's hand with her free hand. She's worried about what's making Jessica feel uneasy.

"I...I need to see him soon, Yoongie. Can you drive a little faster?" Even though she didn't mention the guy's name, Yoona can tell that it's her grandfather that Jessica was referring to so she increased the speed of her car.

Arthur Jung's currently alone at the parlor. He's staring at the photos of his family members displayed in the shelves when Jessica and Yoona arrived at the mansion. His luggages are being placed at the trunk of the limousine. The old man is wearing his favorite white suit and hat which he often wears in his flight abroad. 

"Grandpa?" Jessica called panting because she ran right after Yoona parked her car.

The old man turned around and showed a small smile upon seeing his only grandchild. "You shouldn't be running around the house," he said in a gentle voice. "Your body is fragile my beloved grandchild so you shouldn't tire yourself."

"I saw the luggages. What does it mean? W-Where are you going?"

"I'm going back to my habit of travelling to different places while seeing to it that our business partners are doing well. My mission here is over so it's about time for me to resume my work. Congratulations to the both of you. I am not asking you to forgive me this soon after using a cruel measure to test Yoona's love for you. You can hate me, my grandchild because I hurt you in the process. But still...I'm hoping that later on you'll be able to forgive me for what I've done."

"You don't have to go. We can talk things over grandpa."

"I'm afraid I can't do that. Because if you'll keep on seeing me everyday, you'll only remember the pain that my secret plot gave you. Jessica, Sooyoung's parents and your dad know the reason for my action. I forced them to cooperate with me by informing them to not tell you or anyone about my plan. Therefore I am telling you to not hate them because I should be the only one to be blamed for the difficulties the two of you went through." The old man then focused his attention to the tall girl beside his precious grandchild. "Yoona, I trust that you will not hurt her this time. Please continue loving my grandchild and making her everyday worthwhile. I am grateful that despite of her special condition, you still chose to be with her."

"I chose to be with her because I love her," Yoona replied. "Sir, I understand now why you did it to us. And like what Sica told you earlier, you don't have to leave. Yes, we were hurt by your plan but I forgive you sir." Jessica agreed with Yoona's last statement. Even if she suffered an emotional breakdown after Arthur Jung announced that she'll be married to Sooyoung, listening to her grandfather's explanation enabled her to take away her hatred towards the old man.

Listening to Yoona's words made Arthur Jung smile. He placed a hand on Yoona's shoulder and gave it a gentle squeeze. "Why do you keep on calling me 'sir' when you can actually call me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter