Chapter 18

The Rhythm of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica's outrage, her disdain, and her cry of emotional and physical pain were like boulders being piled up on top of Yoona's chest. The romantic and optimistic angel she met is nowhere to be seen behind those brown orbs that is now clouded with fury. Jessica loathes her. And this painful truth is what's causing Yoona to walk like a dead person in the hopital's hallway where she bumped into Yuri. In the tan girl's hands was a bouquet of mixed flowers she bought for Jessica. Ever since the latter has regained her consciousness, Yuri never showed her face to the heiress. She's scared of her. And she doesn't know if she can manage to look at her in the eyes. But she needs to do it. She needs to face her and ask for her forgiveness before Joseph Jung finds out what happened. She doesn't wanna break the heart of the man who loves her, most specially because she already did such cruel thing to his only daughter who resents him.

"Yoona..." she called out softly. She wanted to touch her arm and assure her that things will be alright in due time. And that she's sorry for once again being the reason behind her pain. But Yoona's tired and lifeless doe eyes imply that there is no room for any of the words trying to come out of . Therefore, she gave way for the heavy-ladened girl who left behind two kinds of daggers pierced into Yuri's heart. The first dagger that bore deeper into her chest is the irrevocable truth that she no longer deserves the love of the woman she didn't fight for. And the second dagger was there to remind her that in her messed up love story, an innocent person got involved and is the one suffering the most.

Yuri is already used to Jessica's apathetic approach towards her because this has always been the way she behaved during the months she and Joseph paid her a visit, either in Las Vegas or in Seoul. She understands so well how difficult it is for the pianist to accept a replacement to her mother because she will feel the same way if she was on her shoes. But now, that apathy seemed to have grown stronger because of what she's done. Jessica Jung is no longer interested to look at her with respect.

"You think those flowers are enough to mend things?" She sneered which made Yuri shrink in her post. "Are you happy, Kwon Yuri? Are you happy for having a taste of her lustful mouth once more?" Yuri didn't talk back and just accepted her stepdaughter's hurtful words. "You must have felt like you were in heaven while she was kissing you to the extent that you forgot that you're a married woman. Why? Are you prepared to receive my father's wrath if he finds out?"

At the mention of her husband, Yuri became consumed with fear. "I don't wanna hurt him. Please don't tell him, Jessica. I'm willing to do anything for you. Just please don't tell Joseph," Yuri begged on her knees. How pathetic she looked only entertained Jessica, making her smile sardonically. This is the kind of smile she never plastered on her face even once. But her broken heart forced her gentleness to fade away.

"I am not the type of person who likes keeping secrets that does not involve music. But I'll consider making a change if you'll really do everything that I'll ask you to do. Will you, Kwon Yuri? Or... should I say mother?"

Yuri needs Jessica's forgiveness and her silence about the sin she committed to her husband. And if being her slave is what it takes for her to earn it, she'll do it wholeheartedly. "Yes," she said with utmost certainty. "Just tell me what you want me to do."

Another insulting smirk became visible on Jessica's face before her expression became serious. "Arrange my discharge papers. And inform our pilot to prepare our plane...right now."

"A-Are you going back to Nevada?"

"No. I will go to a place where Yoona won't find me."

Meanwhile in the Im's residence, Yoona locked herself in her room and cried a river for the mistake that she made. She ruined the rhythm of Jessica's heart. If only she could turn back time, she'll correct the wrong decisions she made. But what's done cannot be undone anymore. She wondered...will she ever hear Jessica's sweet I love you once more? Will she be able to kiss her lips again? Because she already miss her...And because she realized she love her more than her ex-lover.

The doe-eyed girl fell asleep with tears streaking down her face. Six hours later she woke up after having a dream about Jessica killing herself. Quickly she changed her clothes and stormed out of the house. She used her Ducati motorcyle and drove her way to the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter