Chapter 30

The Rhythm of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In one of the corner seats of a coffee shop, someone was alone and in deep thoughts. It's been ten minutes since her ordered caramel coffee and chocolate cake arrived yet it remain untouched because all she did in those minutes that passed was to stare at her order. A few tables away was another customer who's been observing the troubled girl. She's worried about her so after finishing her slice of cake, the observant customer took her cup of coffee and approached the lonely customer. "As far as I know you're not the type who wastes food for you are a shikshin," the blonde-haired customer noted after she sat on the vacant seat.

"Hyoeun..." the troubled customer uttered upon looking at the face of the blonde girl who is smiling at her.

"It's been a while since I last saw you," the customer named Lee Hyoeun uttered. She's a graduating college student. "I saw on the news that you're engaged to the heiress of the international company named Blanc Group. Congratulations! It's probably the dream of many to be chosen for Miss Jung."

"It's a fixed marriage, Hyo which I'm not happy of because we're being forced to be together. You should not congratulate me for it."

"O-Okay. I'm sorry." Hyoeun sighed and took a sip of her coffee. "You seem to be troubled with something. Want to talk about it?"

The girl stared at Hyoeun with her sad eyes. "Hyoeun?" she called softly.

"Yes?"

"Why did you reject me? When I asked why you don't want to be my girlfriend you simply told me that you don't like me. Can you elaborate on it? I wanna understand why despite not doing anything wrong you still rejected me."

Gingerly, Hyoeun searched for the right words to explain herself. Yes, Choi Sooyoung is a likeable girl yet when she confessed to her, she rejected the bubbly girl. "I wasn't ready."

"Wasn't ready for what?"

"I wasn't ready to show that I love you. I am just a college girl from a middle class family and you are one of the elite members of the society. So how could I be more than friends with someone like you? Yes, I have a crush on you too. The moment you introduced yourself to me and told me how beautiful I am, my heart fluttered. And I know from then on that I'll want to see you every single day. But Sooyoung-shi, when you asked me to be your girlfriend I got scared of rejection from the people in the world you live in. That is why even if it was hard for me to do so I still said that I don't like you."

"Do you still like me?"

Hyoeun looked directly into Sooyoung's eyes to look for signs that she's just joking around. But Sooyoung wasn't. She's serious with her question. "Y-Yes," Hyoeun answered.

Sooyoung reached for Hyoeun's trembling hand and held it tight. "Hyoeun, my fiance...she shouldn't be married to me. She's someone whom my cousin loves but I am starting to like her. Hyoeun, please help me. My love for you still weighs more than this budding love. So I'm thinking that maybe if you'll give me a chance to prove that I'll love you no matter what others will say about us and about you, I'll be able to forget that I'm starting to like someone who doesn't belong to me."

Shock was written on Hyoeun's face because of Sooyoung's request and her explanations. "Is that the reason why Miss Jung ran away crying after the announcement on your engagement was made?"

Sooyoung nodded and lowered her head to hide the tears pooling in h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter