Chapter 19

The Rhythm of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week after the repainting and fixing of wirings were finished, Yoona returned to the apartment building at night bringing with her a bouquet of red roses which she placed on top of the once rusty table at the rooftop. She inhaled deeply and watched the view of the city with a smile plastered on her face. "I miss you," she breathed into the air. This is her way of talking to Jessica. She feels her angel's presence at the rooftop and that helps her ease her troubled mind. "I started working as a personnel manager today. Sooyoung did too in Macau. How about you? Are you still composing beautiful piano music? Your fans showed so much love for your last album released a month ago. They want more of your music so please come back soon Jessica."

Yoona sat on the lounger she uses everytime she visits the rooftop. This is where she fell asleep. And when she woke up the next day, she saw her upper body covered with a wool jacket which has a familiar scent. "Jessica?" she muttered while holding the jacket. She toured her eyes around to look for signs of the girl yet Jessica was nowhere to be seen. Not even in any floor of that building. It's almost seven o'clock. If she really did come to that place, she must have left two hours ago before sunrise.

Hoping that Jessica has come back, Yoona drove to her house. The tall black gate is still locked with additional chains so she tried her luck by searching for Jessica at Sehun's store. "What are you doing here?" Sehun asked when he saw Yoona talking to the cashier. "How could you have the guts to come here Yoona? Leave before I'll force you out of here."

Yoona swallowed her pride and took the courage she needs to ask the producer about his bestfriend. "Is she here?" she asked.

"Who?" the clueless producer asked.

"Jessica. She's back isn't she?"

"I don't know what you're talking about. Because of you I haven't heard from her for three months."

"She came to our usual meeting place, Sehun. This jacket...this belongs to her right? I'm familiar with this scent so I'm sure that this belongs to her."

Sehun's surprised look just proved that Yoona's assumption is right especially when tears welled up in his eyes when he held the jacket and smelled it's perfume. 

"It's hers. Right?" Yoona asked again.

"It is my gift to her during her birthday last April. Where did you get this?"

"I fell asleep in our old meeting place. And when I woke up I saw it covering my torso. I went to check on her in her house but it was locked. Sehun, I know I made a terrible mistake by hurting your friend. I want to redeem myself. Please help me, Sehun. I still love her and I want her back."

After a moment of silence and contemplation, Sehun shook his head. "Okay," he said with his eyes mirroring determination and acceptance. "Let's go find her."

Using Yoona's car, the two went to the Jung's mansion in Yongsan-gu. Sehun asked the caretaker if Jessica is inside. He didn't say anything and just escorted them at the backyard. Tears welled up in their eyes after seeing the woman with brown locks sleeping in a deck chair at the gazebo. Her face looked so calm and gentle just like the way it used to. Traces of her injuries from three months ago can no longer be seen. Yoona kneeled down beside the deck chair and watched Jessica sleeping peacefully. With trembling hands, she reached for the loose strands of her hair and tucked it behind her ear. This caused Jessica to stirr on her sleep and lock gaze with Yoona. The latter froze in her spot with her hand still behind Jessica's ear. No words were exchanged between them. They continued staring at each other's eyes with Yoona's orbs being clouded with tears of joy for being able to see her angel again. Slowly, Jessica removed Yoona's hand and brought it back to her side. "You need it to wipe yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter