Chapter 34

The Rhythm of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Crossed arms, tiger look, and weight shifted to the left because the right foot is impatiently tapping the floor - These are what Yuri was doing while in front of the Yoonsic couple who arrived two hours late than expected. "What did I say about staying up late?" she asked in a strict, motherly tone. Because of the two who's been ignoring her text messages and phonecalls, she spent two hours waiting (and worrying) about them. "Didn't I say that you should be home by ten?"

Jessica waited for Yoona to talk. But when she kept mum, she nudged her girlfriend and mouthed for her to say something.

"S-Sumimasen," the frightened Im apologized with her head hanging low. "We enjoyed talking to each other to the extent that we forgot about time. I'm really sorry for not keeping my words, Miss...Mrs. Jung."

"Talk huh?" Yuri raised a brow. "What kind of talk? Talk about everyday experiences or talk that includes moans and s?"

Yoona lifted her chin to see if Yuri was joking but her expression remained the same. She even demanded for Yoona to answer the blunt question quickly. "T-Talk that include m-moans, M-Mrs. Jung," she replied stuttering. It was so funny for Jessica's ears to handle so she failed to stifle her laughter.

"What's so funny about it Jessie?" Yuri's serious face scared Jessica so she abrubptly stopped laughing. "You lady also forgot about your curfew. You should have been responsible enough in stopping this girl's hormones."

"I'm sorry, m-mother." Yoona's formal address to Yuri was contagious. Now Jessica called her mother. It felt like 'Yul' was deleted in her vocabulary and was replaced by the word she's not comfortable to use with Yuri.

"Now go to your room. You need to wake up early tomorrow to prepare for your TV guesting."

"O-Okay. Goodnight, Yoongie." She said her goodnight in almost a whisper.

"Goodnight, Sica."

After Jessica went upstairs, Yuri beckoned Yoona to follow her at the study. She searched for something in the drawers and after finding it, she gave it to Yoona. "Joseph found it in their house in Vegas when we did a general cleaning," Yuri explained after giving an old notebook to the doe-eyed girl. "It belongs to Jessica. Joseph said that it's his daughter's journal when she was fourteen. We thought you might want to read it to understand her better and to know more of the simple or grand things that can make Jessica happy. My husband is done reading it. And I should tell you that it managed to make him shed some tears."

Out of curiosity, Yoona read the journal as soon as she arrived at her house. And just like Joseph Jung, her tears also fell while reading a certain page in the journal.

 

April 18,2004

It's my birthday today. A day wherein another number is added to the number of years I've been hiding in the confines of our house everytime the sun is up. Watching other kids grow up having fun under the sun make me feel sorry to myself. I always wonder how it's like to let the sun touch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter