Chapter 4

The Rhythm of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At the basement of Sehun's store was a small recording studio. Yoona sat beside the producer in the control room while watching and listening to Jessica singing inside the dimly lit live room.

Im Yoona was speechless and couldn't take her eyes off the girl singing an English song. Her voice, her face, and her hand gestures while feeling the beautiful melody of the song she memorized perfectly were all captivating. Yoona placed her hand over her chest to feel her heartbeat. It slowed it's pace just like the way it did when she first saw Yuri.

"Great job, Jess!" Sehun complimented while tousling his friend's hair. "You should have seen your face while singing. It's so expressive and great enough for a music video."

"You didn't record me singing with a hidden camera right?"

"Yaish! When will you stop doubting your oppa? It's already insulting you know?"

Jessica giggled and tuck her hair behind her ears.

"So...how was it, new friend of Jess? Wasn't her voice beautiful?" Sehun has to repeat the question because Yoona entered into a trance while staring at Jessica.

"Uh...y-yeah. You're right. Her voice is truly beautiful. Magical if I may add."

Sehun nudged Jessica after hearing the compliment. The latter blushed and smiled at Yoona. "You heard that? Once this song is released, your fans will go crazy and their desire to meet you will grow stronger."

"Don't forget to give me the first copy okay?" Jessica reminded.

"Of course I'll give you the first copy of the album. President is going to like it for sure, Jess. And hey, we still have a recording to do tomorrow for your new instrumental songs. Don't forget that."

"Yes boss. Can we leave now?"

"So soon? How about we have some coffee first? My treat."

Jessica glanced at Yoona. She gave her a what-do-you-think look.

"It's okay with me. Coffee break sounds great," she said so Sehun quickly saved the recorded song in his computer and flash drive. The duo helped him and his employees in closing the store.

"So Yoona, what do you do for a living?" Sehun inquired after having a sip of coffee.

"I'm currently training to be a hotelier."

"Hotelier? Which hotel?"

"Shinhwa."

"Really? That's one of the best hotels in Seoul. So you're related to the late Mr. Shinhwa?"

Yoona smiled timidly and rubbed her left arm. "Yes."

"Ohhh. Who's your mother among his two daughters? The one married to Mr. Im or the one married to Mr. Choi?"

"Im."

"Ahh. So your complete name is Im Yoona. Do you know that Jessica-" Sehun couldn't finish his statement because Jessica kicked his leg under the table.

"Know what?"

"That she knows a lot of hotel and restaurant stuffs? She's a reader. She also have some knowledge in medicine, geology and other difficult or complicated fields. That's the kind of bookworm she is."

Yoona laughed and turned her head to the girl beside her. "I didn't know you like books."

"That makes her a boring playmate when we were kids. Because she spent eighty percent of her time eating a book."

Sehun yelped when Jessica kicked him again, this time with much power. Yoona laughed at their childishness, but at the back of her mind she's jealous of their c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter