Chapter 1

The Rhythm of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Let's break up." Yoona never thought she'd hear those words from her lover Yuri. They became together after they graduate in college when Yoona finally had the courage to confess to her four-year crush. Their two years of being together despite the many difficulties they went through proved how strong their relationship was. Yoona actually thought they'd end up spending a lifetime together. But hearing those words from Yuri proved that she was wrong.

"Why?" she asked with her voice cracking in the middle. She isn't the type who cries. Since her mother died, her father who is a hotelier trained her to be a strong woman. Crying is not allowed in their household. But after Yuri uttered those words, her tears fell uncontrollably.

"Why you asked? Why Yoona? Aren't you tired of fighting for this love? Aren't you tired of going through tough times, rejections and such? Your father doesn't like me. For goodness sake he never liked me! He'll soon disown you if you'll keep on fighting for this relationship Yoona. And...I'm done trying to convince myself that I fit in to your life. Because I don't, Yoongie. We belong in two different worlds. You're born with a silver spoon and I'm not. I have to work my out day and night just for my family to survive while you don't. You have everything you need to live...I'm sorry Yoona. I don't wanna fight for us anymore."

Yuri left in the next two days to go to L.A. and work as a waitress. She waited. Yoona was hoping that once Yuri was able to adequately provide for her family's needs, she'll go back to Yoona's arms. But she was wrong. For the second time her belief was wrong.

After one year, Yoona learned that Yuri married the CEO of Blanc Group who was twenty years her senior. Yoona's heart shattered when she saw it on the news. Her ex was so happy while staring into the brown orbs of the Korean-born CEO of the biggest hotel conglomerate.

"That's enough, Yoona. You're drunk," her bestfriend Sooyoung told her. She'd been drinking for more than an hour now yet the burning sensation the alcohol gives her was not enough to numb her of the pain her heart's experiencing right now. "Let's go, Yoona. You need to go home."

"No. I want more. I'm not yet drunk. See? I can still manage to talk to you without slurring. And I still can walk. So please give me another whisky, mister."

The bartender was about to pour in another glass but Sooyoung told him not to. She placed her money on the table and dragged Yoona out of the club.

"Let me go Sooyoung!" protested the struggling girl but Sooyoung just tightened her grip on Yoona's wrist. "I said let me go Sooyoung!"

"No! You need to go home. Look at you. You look like a mess! You look thin. You look weary. You've been drinking at night for three days in a row and you still can't get enough of it?! When will you stop drinking? Once you can't manage to lift even just a finger or open your eyes?!"

"So what?! So what if I can't Soo? If you're in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter