chapter 16

Best Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I hate going to visit my mother, but Namjoo and Chanmi kept forcing me to go there to meet them with  Chorong. Although I never talk to my mother but with the twins I can know if their voice is the voice of my mother, too.

I heard about my step-cousin Leslie's wedding from months ago, but i didn’t give a about it because I wasn’t close with her. But what can I do, the twins and grandmother threatened me if they will come to Korea. No! its a big NO!

So, I ask Chorong to go with me, even though at first she refused but I’m begging her  that I would do anything for her,  eventually she received. I don’t know what she wants, but I hope it's not something that's hard to do.

By the way, I'm getting closer to Chorong, I feel a little relieved after telling my story that burden me all these years and she’s not a person who wanted to force me to tell as much detail as possible or to provide the long advice for me, I liked her response because I think she is a good listener.

I stretched my back on the airplane first class seat. I used to pass through the long flight like this but Chorong? I don’t know.

"Chorong? Are you okay?" I asked her.

She nodded. "Although I haven’t been on a plane this far but yeah, I'll be fine," she also leans on the seat beside me.

I put on the earphones and play a song but not till one minute I'm listening, Chorong touch my arm muscle me with his forefinger. I took off the earphones.

"Wae?"

"I was just thinking," she said lowering her voice. "You haven’t told me anything about your family, what's their name?  you want me become an idiot again like went we met your father and everyone will know about our fake relationship," she finalized with an affected voice and look really concerned about that ,

I just shrugged. "It's okay ... you don’t have to be worry ..."

"Suho ... seriously?" She sharpened her gaze to me. "What kind of a couple is this that the girl know nothing about her boyfriend's life and his family? At least anything that matters beside the things that on your profile at the magazine or tabloid or fancafe."

I couldn’t move from this thing she asked. "Okay ..."

I told her about the twins, Kim Namjoo and Kim Chanmi, different age 8 years with me, my grandmother is Park Aya, although she’s old but her habit is aerobic, and my mother Eleanor Kim is a New York fashion expert like she know.

"Satisfied?" I asked.

"That's it?" she asked back while raised her eyebrows.

"Trust me, Chorong. In my family it would look much more fake if you knew something, than you knowing anything at all," I said.

"Is it about your story some night before?" she asked.

I nodded. "Yes, in fact, i'm your bodyguard at there so wherever they take you i'll be there to cover anything."

She shook her head.

I rubbed her eyes to close. "Get some sleep Chorong, our journey is still far away," I said.

Looks like Chorong was exhausted when we finally landed at the Los Angeles International Airport. To my house, it just took 16 minutes. I saw Chorong yawning for the umpteenth time, it seemed like she could not sleep on the plane due to nervousness.

"Are you sleepy?" I asked.

She immediately turned to me and shook her head. "No ... I'm okay ..."

After coming down from the taxi, I thought for a moment, take a deep breath and exhale. I shouldn’t be nervous.

"Are you kidding Suho? This is your house ... wow!" Chorong make me out of my reverie, I could see her face was so amazed to see my mother's house.

"It's my mother's house," I said.

She glanced at me. “Your mother own means yours too," she said then widen her eyes. "Sorry ..."

I smiled a little. "Welcome to Los Angeles, Park Chorong," I whispered to her.

I then told the taxi driver to bring our suitcases out from the luggage. I took her hand, locked tightly and both of us walked up to the door, i can feel our both hands cold and sweaty as well.

We nervous.

No! we can do this!

Should we going back?

We were both standing at the front door.

"What if they don’t like me?" asked Chorong with a face staring straight ahead.

"Do not think like that, just smile whatever you do," I replied.

"I'm sure in there, there's your crush staring at me like who want to kill me," said Chorong.

I was laughing when the door opened, she's my grandmother. Suddenly I shut my mouth and smile at her.

"My baby !!!" she said, with a smile from ear to ear, and hug me. I kept straight still holding Chorong's hand and took too long to raise the hand of my grandmother.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter