Chapter 39 (Final)

A Little Thing About Love

Today at the art academy, we learned about different shades and tones. How to blend them and how to appropriately use colours. The usual scary Mrs Jung walked around the class to scrutinize all our works but when she came to me, she had praised me, leaving me speechless.

"Yoojin, you have your fair share of knowledge in colour schemes. Tell me, did you learn this somewhere?"

"E-eh?" I stuttered and Yoonmi nudged me from the side. "I errr… I learnt it from the art club back in high school."

She eyed me once more and gave me a smile that I couldn't comprehend. "Very well. Meet me after class in my office. I have something for you."

"Neh? N-neh." I couldn't help but stutter under her intense gaze.

After Mrs Jung went to the other students at the other side of the classroom, Yoonmi and Eunji turned to me immediately. "Oh my gosh! What does stoned-face Jung want with you Yoojin!" Yoonmi said.

"What? Stoned-face Jung?" I asked, flabbergasted. What a nickname for our art teacher.

"Well, she is stoned-face. Have you seen any other expressions besides that scary stare and that creepy smile that she just gave you?"

"That's not the point. The point is, what does she want with you?" Eunji brought us back to the main point.

I stared at their wide eyes, waiting for my reply and I told them shyly. "Errr… she wants to meet me after lesson. She says she has something for me."

"Eh?!" Both Yoonmi and Eunji said so loudly that the rest of the art class people had even turned around to face us. I gave them an awkward smile and gestured to them to finish up their work instead.

"Shhhhh." I shush the girls. "I'm sure it's nothing much."

"Yoojin," Yoonmi put an arm on my mine and gave me a worried look. "I'll always remember you as a good friend in art class." She faked a sob.

I pushed her away gently and laughed awkwardly. I'll be fine… right?

"I'm sure it's nothing." I said nonchalantly even though I'm actually kind of worried about what might happen to me when I meet Mrs Jung.

That worry carried on throughout the day's lesson and when it was finally the end of the lesson, I swear my heart was about to pound out of my chest. My footsteps were heavy and I was reluctant to go into Mrs Jung's office. As much as I tried to head to her office at a snail's pace, after turning around the corner, I found myself face to face with Mrs Jung's office. Her door was closed and I peered inside to see if there was anybody.

To my surprise, I caught a glimpse of blonde in Mrs Jung's office and the only person that came to my mind was the blonde masked guy. He was the only blonde dude that I've seen around the academy anyways. Not wanting to eavesdrop on their conversation, I backed away.

After a few more minutes, the doors to Mrs Jung's office opened. The guy that walked out was the same guy that I've met before along the hallways and at the cafe. It was that same blonde masked guy! Well, he's still wearing the mask hence the name 'blonde masked guy'. He gave me a cold stare that sent chills down my back. Without even acknowledging me, he walked off.

"Mwoh yah." I muttered under my breath before I went to knock on Mrs Jung's door with a nervous heart.

"Come in."

I stepped in with timid steps and took a seat across her. Mrs Jung stared at me like I was some sort of art piece. A horrible art piece maybe, since I don't consider myself to be a work of art. She wasn't giving me any look that said she was happy anyways. Without a word, she shoved a piece of paper in front of me.

"Neh?" I repeated the same silly word once more. I need to stop doing this in front of her.

She gave me a gesture that was telling me to read what the paper wrote. I took a closer look and whatever was written on it, gave me a shock of my life.

"An art contest?! B-but… I don't even have any experience in these!" I said. I never thought I would be good enough to even enter in those contests! Previously in high school, only the best were able to enter contests as representatives of the school. The rest of us were just aiming to get our art work showcased at the annual carnival. That was good enough for us. I've never even thought about entering an art contest before. In my entire life.

"If you don't start now, then when will you have any experience?" She said to me, still expressionless.

"I…" I was speechless.

"Jung Yoojin, I've seen your works. You know what you're doing. Take this," she pointed to the paper that is a registration for the upcoming art contest. "Think about it."

I slowly reached out and held onto that piece of paper. It would be a first if I were to actually sign up for the competition. I'd really have to give it much thought before coming to a conclusion. This is a huge thing. A huge opportunity but am I ready for it?

For the rest of the day, I've been thinking about it non-stop. Even at work. There's still some time till the registration opens so all I have to do now is to just think about it properly.

"Yoojin, why are you so distracted today?" Chanyeol waved a hand in front of me as I spaced out while taking orders.

"Eh? N-nothing." I broke out of my daze and took a cloth to go clean the tables. I was in charge of cleaning today at the cafe. Chanyeol stared at me like I was acting weirdly and he went on to make his coffee. I went to clean the tables and took the empty cups and plates to wash.

As I was washing, Seoyong was taking someone else's order.

"One iced americano, having here."

That voice was familiar.

"One iced americano having here." Seoyong repeated. "Name please?"

"Nam Woohyun."

I dropped the cup I was washing in the sink and it caused such a loud clank that Chanyeol and even Seoyong jumped up. I looked towards the cashier where my best friend is now standing at.

"Yah! Jung Yoojin! You gave me such a scare! I was steaming the milk and I could have spilled it all over if I dropped it!" Chanyeol scolded me in a brotherly manner. "Are you really okay today?"

I noticed Woohyun's expression change and I immediately shoved Chanyeol back to making his coffee. "I'm fine. Do your work oppa." I turned and gave Woohyun an awkward smile. I don't know where I'm standing at with Woohyun right now but after avoiding me for some time, now he's right in front of me, it means something right?

Woohyun returned that small smile and he took the buzzer that Seoyong handed him and went to sit. I took the receipt for the order from Seoyong and went to the coffee machines.

"What are you doing missy? This is my territory right now." Chanyeol scolded me because it took him so long now to finally get Seoyong to let him practice his coffee making skills and now I'm there to take over his job.

"Just this order please?" I begged Chanyeol.

He eyed me suspiciously.

"Oppa?" I added, trying to please him. Chanyeol liked it when I call him oppa. I don't know why but he just liked it since Seoyong doesn't call him oppa. She doesn't need to anyways, they're of the same age.

My strategy worked because Chanyeol immediately softened and made way for me to make Woohyun's iced americano. After I was done, I didn't press for the buzzer but instead, I took the iced americano all the way to his table. I could feel Seoyong and Chanyeol's eyes on me but I ignored it. Considering how the cafe is pretty quiet now, I think I can spare a few minutes to talk to Woohyun.

I set the cup of coffee down on the table and took a seat opposite him. Woohyun seemed surprised, maybe because he didn't expect me to sit down and have a chat with him.

Maybe it's because of what happened to us recently but Woohyun took a sip of the coffee awkwardly.

"It's nice." He said and gave me a small smile.

"I made it." I told him and he looked at me once more.

Woohyun was about to look away but I called for his attention.

"Woohyun-ah…" I didn't know what else to say to him now. I was supposed to give him time. Is this considered not giving him time? I don't know anymore.

Woohyun looked down, his lips formed a thin line and his hands clasped tightly on the cup of coffee.

"Jin," he spoke to me for the first time today. "I'm sorry." Woohyun hung his head low, not meeting my eyes and I was taken aback by his sudden apology. What does he need to apologize for? Nothing. There's nothing that he needs to apologize for so why is he apologizing? What's wrong?

"Woohyun-ah… why are you apologizing? You don't have to be sorry for anything at all." I told him, hoping that he would meet my eyes but he still did not.

Slowly, Woohyun managed to raise his head and I could see the sadness in his eyes. His eyes which were once glistening with hope have now been reduced to sadness, with a little bit of bitterness in them. It pains my heart to see Woohyun like this. What have I done to the boy that smiled twenty-four seven?

"I hurt you." He said.

"Neh?" I was flabbergasted. If it was anyone hurting anyone, it was me who have hurt him. Not the other way round.

"Myungsoo came to look for me and we had a talk." He confessed. Myungsoo looked for him? Why would Myungsoo look for him?

Woohyun's POV

Flashback

I couldn't bring myself to look at Yoojin. I wanted to try and forget her but wounds don't heal overnight. To say that I was not upset or even hurt by Yoojin and Myungsoo getting together, I'd be lying. But I want to be happy for her. I really do. She's my first love. The girl I really cherish so much, my first ever friend and my longest friend.

After she'd found out about me working at a meat restaurant, I quickly headed back in so that I don't have to face her anymore. Call me a coward but I really couldn't bring myself to. Every time I look at her, those feelings overwhelm me. I've told her to give me time but even I myself don't know how long I need before I'm okay again.

I lay down on the bed and sighed. I definitely want to continue being her friend but right now, I think I have just made things worst. Aish, Nam Woohyun what have you done?

I had dinner with my parents that night and I had all sorts of thoughts in my head. Nothing seemed right at the moment.

After dinner ended, I locked myself up in my room and I continued thinking about the whole situation with Yoojin. It's unfair. I just found it so unfair because I've been there for her first and yet she's fallen for someone else instead. What more, a good friend of mine. I was so upset that I buried my head in my pillow to drown out all my thoughts. As if that'll work.

Not long later, I received a text from someone quite surprisingly. It was Myungsoo.

Woohyun, let's meet for a while. I'm outside your place now.

I jumped out and took off. What could Myungsoo possibly want to talk to me about? It's going to be about Yoojin right? I'm sure it is.

Outside my house, stood a handsome man with a warm and gentle smile on his face. I had to say that Myungsoo is really handsome. I can't deny it, even as a man. But that couldn't be the reason why Yoojin likes him right? She's a sensible person and definitely not shallow.

"Hey, you free to talk? I won't take long." Myungsoo started.

"Yeah sure." I nodded and stood facing one of my good friends that I've made in high school. How did we end up like this? Or is it just me who made it all so horrible?

Myungsoo looked down and pursed his lips. He was trying to say something, definitely about Yoojin, but he couldn't bring himself to. So I started the ball rolling.

"It's about Jin, isn't it?"

Myungsoo's head immediately bolted up and he looked at me with a surprised look. For someone who is always calm and collected, I think I really did surprise him there.

"Yeah." He confirmed it.

I gulped, not liking where this is going. I mean, I don't know what Myungsoo is going to say to me but I just don't want to face it. I don't think I can face it.

"I know you're hurt, and upset." Myungsoo started and then he paused. He's not wrong. I really am, more than I think I do. "But… I know this is selfish of me to ask of you…"

I stared back at him, a friend that I've known for a short year but a great one that it feels like we've been friends since forever.

"She misses you."

My eyes widened.

"W-what?"

"She's worried about you too. You're her best friend. One that she's known for years. She feels really sorry  because she's hurt you, someone so special to her."

"She doesn't need to feel sorry. It's my own feelings." I stuttered as I tried to process the information.

"Woohyun-ah," Myungsoo spoke again and I looked at him. "I don't know if there's a way to make you or Jin to feel better about it but since she knows how you feel, I just want you to know how she feels too. If it makes you feel better about staying away until you feel fine again, let her know. Let her know that no matter how long you take, you're still going to be her friend. She's afraid of losing you."

I don't know what to think right now. All these while, I've only been thinking about how unfair the world is, how my stupid feelings have been taking over my emotions and mind, I never really stopped to think how Yoojin would have felt. How horrible she must have felt to watch me distance away without a word. Gosh, I feel like a huge right now.

"I'm not saying that you have to let go of Yoojin immediately and go back to being her best friend. I'm just letting you know how she feels. And maybe the most important thing to tell her is to let her know that you'll still be her best friend when the time comes. She needs you."  Myungsoo gave a small smile.

My vision slowly stared to blur and I realise that it's because there are tears welling up right now. I tried to hold it back because it’ll just be awkward to cry infront of Myungsoo. "I feel like such an right now. All these time, I've only been thinking about how I feel, I never thought how Jin would feel." I confessed to Myungsoo.

"Hey, it's not your fault. You deserve to be selfish sometimes. She's willing to give you time. Any amount of time but… just let her know that at the end of the day, you're still going to be her Nam Superstar alright?"

I broke into a small smile at that nickname. It's been awhile since they've used it. "I don't think I deserve to be her superstar. You do."

Myungsoo raised an eyebrow.

"You're her man now. And you care for her as much as I would have. At least I'm glad that she has you." I told Myungsoo. Suddenly, I felt my chest lightened a little. I just wished him happiness. Something I thought I'd never be able to do. Is this the start of letting go?

"Just so you know, you're not any lesser than me. All of you in fact, has a special place in her heart. You're all special to her."

I smiled gratefully at Myungsoo.

"Promise me something."

Myungsoo gave a nod without even hesitating.

"Treat her well. Do whatever it takes to make her happy. If I see her cry, I will be coming after you, you understand?" I threatened him lightly. As I spoke the words, I felt my chest lightened and I could finally breathe. It was as though the past few months I have been suffocating from a lack of oxygen and I can finally breathe properly now.

"You have my word." Myungsoo promised.

End of Woohyun's POV

"Woohyun-ah…" I didn't know what to say. I guess what Myungsoo had told him was right. I just needed to know that Woohyun will be back as my best friend even after time passes. No matter how long he takes, I'm willing to give but I need him to be back.

"I never thought I'd say this but… Jin-ah, I really hope you'd be happy with Myungsoo." Woohyun smiled. It was a genuine smile, the smile that I loved to see on his face. That's when I know that my best friend is back and he will always be there.

He deserved to be happy to. Someday, Woohyun-ah, you'll find your own happiness as well.

--

After I made up with Woohyun, everyday has been amazing. I didn't have to worry about our relationship or whatnot and I lived my life happily. Well, not exactly all that happily because I still have to think about Mrs Jung's offer about the art competition. To be honest, I have zero competition experience and I don't think I'm ready for it at all.

"I think you should go for it." Myungsoo said as he shifted on my lap. He was lying down on my lap while reading his manga as I was telling him about what's bothering me.

The both of us finally had free time that coincides and we can finally spend some quality time together. I have a day off from the cafe today and Myungsoo's boss gave him a day off after they'd won the case they had been working on.

"You really think so?" I stared at him but he kept his eyes on his manga.

"Mmmmm." Myungsoo nodded as he flipped the page.

Despite being in a relationship for awhile now, the both of us still acted like best friends around each other, with more skinship and shy kisses. We're still in the getting used to dating phase and we promised each other to be honest with each other. That's what we both believe would make a relationship work anyways.

Myungsoo didn't say anything else and he just kept flipping the pages so I hit him lightly on the forehead to get his attention.

"Yah! What was that for!" He sat up and gave a pout, which absolutely made my heart skip a beat but I wasn't going to show it.

I glared back at him, even though I know he's not fazed by my glares. Myungsoo then sat up properly and finally, like finally set his manga down.

"Your teacher is right Jin. It's for the experience. It doesn't matter what the result is, as long as you've gained an experience. And I think that's a win by itself already."

I know what he's saying is right. Absolutely right but I can't help but still feel uneasy. "But… I'm afraid."

"Of?" He pressed on.

I tried to rationalize my thoughts. Why am I so afraid in the first place? What's the problem? And then suddenly the thought of showing my work to professionals and competing with other people who have years of experience made me nervous.

"I'm afraid of failing. Of being judged. What if nobody likes my work? What if they don't like it and I realise that nobody is going to appreciate my art and then what do I do? It's the only course I can think of to study in university!" I panicked.

Myungsoo tried to calm me down by holding onto my hands that were slightly shaking. He'd even tossed his manga aside and that made me feel slightly better.

"If great artists like Picasso and Van Gogh stopped drawing because people don't know how to appreciate it, we wouldn't get to see their greatest works today. Nobody starts out perfect. You're going to have to shape yourself to be as perfect as you want to be. God know how many times have they failed before they succeed. Did those failures stop them?"

I shook my head like a little puppy.

"Then why should you let failures stop you?"

I stayed silent.

"You build on those failures Jin. Besides, who's going to say anything bad about your work will have to go through me." He leaned in and hugged me tight. I smiled in his embrace and took a deep breath. His warmth just calmed me down and his minty scent filled my nose. I love the way he smells.

"You're right." I muttered out softly, hoping he could hear it. "How do you always know what to say?"

Myungsoo hugged me tighter but he didn't say a thing. He still has this mysterious aura around him but instead of trying to figure him out all the time, I decided to just embrace the fact that him being slightly mysterious is actually secretly very charming.

--

So in the end, I had submitted my registration form. Mrs Jung was ecstatic even though she didn't show it on her face. But I think she was. Her tone changed but she still remained looking cold and fierce. Maybe a little less cold.

Nonetheless, she had helped me to prepare for it. There was no restriction to the theme or what you want to draw but it has to be in acrylic. That was the only requirement in terms of material to use. Which is pretty fair I suppose, since most artist learn to use acrylic paint. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be but I guess it was because Mrs Jung was guiding me throughout. I'm guessing she really have high expectations for me.

Anyways, other than that, the six of us tried to hang out as often as we can, as least once a week but then the frequency got lesser and lesser as everyone got busier and busier. Also, the date of the results were soon approaching and just the thought of it sent chills down my spine. We had all promised that once we had gotten the results, we would all come to my home to open it together and check it together. Even those who had work have already applied for leave for that day. I'm glad that even Myungsoo's boss allowed him to take a day off for it considering how busy he has been recently.

That fateful day soon approached and I was so nervous the entire night that I couldn't sleep at all. It was the worst feeling ever. How my life ahead depends on this one piece of paper. My mom kept telling me how it doesn't matter because life will always turn out fine sometime and I will look back and wonder why I ever worried. But to an eighteen year old, soon nineteen me, this was my entire world. This is the biggest hurdle in my life so far. I've never wished for something so hard before. Not even when I was wishing that Myungsoo wouldn't say yes to Krystal. Or maybe it was close but still, you get what I mean.

I was basically sleepless last night. No matter how much I tossed and turned, I couldn't fall asleep. I had been texting Myungsoo the night before and he tried to stay awake with me but he fell asleep in the end, leaving me lying on my bed in the dark at four am in the morning and wondering why the hell am I even awake.

It was almost as if time stood still and wouldn't move forward anymore until I finally fell asleep at five in the morning. It felt like I had just shut my eyes for a second when suddenly I heard a loud sound coming from downstairs. I jolted awake when I heard the familiar voices and I immediately jumped out of my bed. I don't think I have ever been this quick to get out of my bed before. I ran downstairs in my sleeping attire so fast that I missed the last step and stepped onto air. With fast reflexes, Myungsoo had caught me before my face could meet the floor the first thing in the morning.

"Wow Jin, it's already ten and you're still sleeping?" Howon said as he came up to me and push my forehead.

"Yah!" I shouted at him. And then I looked around and noticed that everybody was already here. "Oh gosh." I said softly and then I sprinted out of my house to the mailbox outside so I can retrieve my mail. When I opened the mailbox, I felt my hands turning cold. And then I realised that it was because it really is cold outside. It's still winter and I just ran out like this. Gosh, I must really be out of my mind.

As fast as I ran out, I grabbed my letter and I ran back in to save myself from the cold.

"I've got it." I said as I waved my letter to everyone. "Wait, who let you guys in?"

Well that's a good question, considering how I was still sleeping and my parents went out for work early in the morning as usual.

Howon took a step forward and raised his hand. "I was here the first thing in the morning. Your mom let me in and I let the rest in. Guess I was too excited about my results to sleep." He grinned.

Too excited? Wow, I really admire him for even feeling excited for this. I'm not even excited at all. I'm just worried and nervous and all sorts of anxious feelings. I don't want to know my results if I could. I want to just live in ignorant bliss.

"Maybe you should get a change of clothes first Jin, we'll wait for you." Myungsoo said as he pointed at my outfit. I stared at myself and then I stared at the gang.

"Oh my gosh!" I exclaimed and immediately ran back to my room, only to hear the rest laughing away. Why am I always doing embarrassing things like these? Especially in front of Myungsoo! I felt my ears getting red at the thought of looking extremely unpleasant in front of Myungsoo but then again, he'd seen my at my worst before. Especially that fateful day where I ran out of my house to confess to him.

"Aish! Jung Yoojin, you're hopeless!" I muttered to myself and got dressed in less than a minute. I then ran down to my living room with my results in hand and I felt my heart thumping hard against my chest. Is it because I'm nervous? Or was it because I was running up and down the stairs? I don't know.

"Okay, let's count to three and then everybody open it at the same time." Woohyun suggested.

"Okay." Bomi nodded in agreement and she sounded nervous as well. I gave her a small smile even though I didn't seem reassuring.

"One… two…" Woohyun started counting but Howon stopped him suddenly.

"Wait wait! On three or after three?"

"After three." Sunggyu and Woohyun said together and they gave each other the 'wow we have telepathy' look.

"Okay." Howon let out a shaky breath. I guess everybody was more or less nervous and excited. This is it.

"One… two… three!" Woohyun counted and after 'three', everybody tore open their envelopes and so did I.

I pulled out my results with an anticipating heart. Scanning each line carefully, I felt my heart beat in rhythm with my sight. Every line I scanned through was a beat. Until my eyes finally set down to the final score of my college entrance test.

I felt pulled into a trance, my ears started ringing and I couldn't hear the rest. My eyes could only see the number on the paper and I couldn't see how the rest reacted.

I felt tears welling up in my eyes. I couldn't breathe.

I was one mark away from the entrance score to the art course.

One. Mark.

The world around me spun like crazy and I found myself staring into space as Myungsoo was trying to get my attention.

"Jin? Jin?" Myungsoo waved a hand in front of me and I finally snapped out of it. Sunggyu was smiling happily, like he should be and Woohyun was smiling with him as well. Howon was so happy he couldn't stop jumping in his seat. Bomi was smiling happily at her piece of paper and Myungsoo… he was just looking at me.

"I…" I couldn't say anything. I felt a lump forming at the back of my throat. Myungsoo grabbed my hands, trying to give me a sign of reassurance but I guess that was when I lost it and broke down.

I cried so hard that everybody was staring at me. I ruined this happy moment for them all and worst of all, I didn't even make it.

Myungsoo was at a loss of what to do. He held my hands but he also pulled me close to him. He kept whispering something in my ear but I couldn't make out the words over my crying. I hate feeling so weak and crying in front of everybody but I just lost it. I don't even think Howon or Woohyun has seen me break down like this before. I've never been the crybaby of the group, but today it was just different.

It took me awhile to finally calm down and after I did, I was choking back sobs and hiccuping at the same time. This is a horrible feeling.

"Jin-ah, no matter what, you still did well." Sunggyu tried to comfort me but I couldn't bring myself to even feel comforted. I just wanted to go to the same university as my friends. Is that so hard?

"Yeah, you really did well." Bomi said comfortingly and placed a hand on my back.

Woohyun and Howon didn't say anything. They had this stunned look on their face with my breakdown and I'm guessing it really is because they've never seen me this way before. I must have given them a shock. All of them, in fact. Even Myungsoo.

"Jin, there's other ways that you can always get into the art course." Myungsoo took my hand. "Remember we were looking up on the entry requirements? There's the non-academic pathway too. We didn't come this far for nothing. Look, we even had your portfolio prepared right? Now that you're participating in that art competition, you can add on to it. I'll help you." He gave me a sincere look and I squeezed his hand. I know I can always count on my boyfriend to have my back and I'm so grateful for him.

"I'll help you too." Howon blurted out from nowhere. "I mean, wherever I can help you out with. I'll do it." A smile finally crept on my face.

"Me too. Don't you think about leaving me out. We're in this together." Woohyun raised his hand as if he was going to answer a question in class.

"Me three." Sunggyu said, giving me that contagious bright eyesmile.

"And I'll always have your back." Bomi said and she patted my back before placing her arm around my shoulders.

Surrounded by my friends in this moment, I felt myself getting so touching and overwhelmed by emotions that I wanted to cry again.

"Yah yah! We didn't say that to watch you cry again!" Howon scolded me.

And then I laughed, with the tears still in my eyes. What did I do to deserve such amazing people in my life? Myungsoo kissed my temple and rubbed my shoulder in a caring manner. I couldn't help but melt in his arms. It just felt so right. This whole moment felt so right. Me with my friends and my new boyfriend, embarking on a new journey in our lives.

Of course, I'm still upset about the results because honestly, who could get over it in such a short time? I may have done well but not good enough to take me to where I wanted. But that's not the end. I still have another chance where I can get in purely based on my skill. And besides, I have my friends by my side.

What the future has in store for us all, I really do not know. All I need to know is that if I have them by my side, I am sure I'll be able to overcome all that the universe throws at me.

--

At the young age of eighteen, I found the bestest friends I can ever have in life. I've found the most amazing boyfriend ever as well. Or maybe because he's my first ever boyfriend. Looking back at my high school years, I found myself growing a lot. From a little girl, who knows nothing about love, to someone finally experiencing this special thing. I've also learnt that love comes in many forms. Love for parents, romantic love, friendship love, and even grey areas where you just can't pinpoint what type of love they are but you just feel it.

I have experienced much, from my first crush to first heartbreak, first love and finally, my first boyfriend. Howon may have been the first guy I've ever loved and if I were to go back in time, I don't think I would have done anything differently. I don't think I would ever confess to him and neither do I want to know his answer. Did he ever see me as more than just a friend or a sister? The curiosity has faded and I don't want to know anymore. Because that's not important and I would love to keep that beautiful memory of me liking him. I don't want to spoil it by knowing how he felt. Just me liking him one-sidedly back then was sufficient for me. Because now I have Kim Myungsoo.

To be honest, these group of friends have taught me a lot and helped me to grow in my adolescent years.

Kim Sunggyu, he taught me to be resilient. To never back down in the harshest time of your life and most importantly, that family is the one thing you can never give up on. He never gave up on his father and he kept going, no matter how hard it was. The stress was taking a toll on him but everyday, he'd appear in front of us with a smile on his face. I guess this just shows that at our weakest, we actually find ourselves being the strongest.

Yoon Bomi, she taught me about honesty and bravery. For a point in time, I really thought I was going to lose her as a friend. Whatever she had done was not big enough for me to lose her as a friend. Because she'd told me in the end. For a person like Bomi, who has low confidence in herself, for her to come up to me and confess to me about what she did, that itself was bravery. And the fact that she had chose to be honest had touched me. Nobody knew what she did and she could have easily stayed silent till the matter died down but she didn't. And I'm thankful, because whatever happened had brought us closer in the end.

Nam Woohyun, the biggest talker and the superstar of the group. He has taught me many things but one of those is to always keep your head up. Behind that smiley exterior, Woohyun always had a lot of insecurities as well. Things that we will never know because he never said and hard to find out from just observing him. But nonetheless, he has always been the vitamin of the group, cheering us up, giving us encouragement. Even through his troubled moments, he still tried to make us smile. As much of a good friend he is to me, there are times where I felt like I've failed him and that just made me more determined to be an even better friend to him.

Lee Howon, yet another kid with a lot of secrets to keep. Sometimes, I wonder how he does it. How do you keep so many secrets to yourself and not worry about when they will be exposed? But one thing Howon taught me is loyalty. He stuck to his principles and he fights hard for what he believes in. Which is why I admire him so much. More than just admiring, I had even developed a crush on him. He was my oldest friend, the one who has been there with me since I was a five year old little girl, and I couldn't have been more grateful for him. As I've said before, Howon will always have a special place in my heart no matter what happens. I sincerely wish that one day, he'll be able to do whatever he wants without the burden of his family background. Who said money solves all problems? It certainly cannot buy you happiness.

Finally, last but not least, the most special guy in my life right now. Despite knowing him for one short year, it feels like I've known him for a really long time. The amount of things we could talk about just goes on and on. I don't even know when it began but I somehow fell for Myungsoo and fell out of Howon. Instead of saying that Myungsoo has taught me something, it's more like Myungsoo helped me to experience more things. Taking my hand, literally and figuratively, he has brought me into a world that I've never thought that I would experience. A world of love. Could I have asked for anything else? Honestly, no. Right now, I'm just living in bliss.

I wouldn't call myself an expert in love, but I do know that love comes in many forms and in many different people. Also, love is never perfect. As we continue to love, we continue to learn how to be an even better person to everyone that we love.

 

 

 

 

 

 


I'm done with this story!!! I said I wanted to end it before the end of 2016 but I didn't... but nevertheless, here is the finale!!!!! I hope you guys have enjoyed this story as much as I enjoyed writing it, really. This story means a lot to me and I've included a few real life experiences in here as well. I just made it a little more dramatic but it's definitely there. For those who have supported this story since the beginning, I thank you for staying. For those who found this halfway through, I thank you for giving this story a chance. For those who love this story, just know that I love you too ;) 

 

 

 

 

 

Good news for my lovely readers who love this story, I have a sequel!!!! Will put the link to the sequel down below so do check it out!!!!!! 

SEQUEL HERE: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1214278/a-little-more-about-love-bomi-hoya-infinite-myungsoo-sunggyu-woohyun