Chapter 35

A Little Thing About Love

I ran as fast as my legs could take me. The café wasn't near but it wasn't far as well. I ran to the bus stop and prayed for the bus to arrive quickly but no such luck. It's like whenever you are rushing for time, everything just seems to be against you. The bus isn't coming, there are no taxis around and you're rushing for time.

"C'mon, please please please." I muttered to myself. It didn't feel like I was muttering for the bus to arrive. It felt like I was praying for Myungsoo to not say yes to whatever Krystal wanted to tell him. "Please." I closed my eyes and prayed one last time. As such, the bus arrived promptly.

I got on the bus and realised that many people were staring at me because I was just wearing a sweatshirt and track pants. I know, I'm not in my most glamorous outfit but I needed to be there as fast as I could. Worst of all, the weather has gotten chilly since it's the end of the year and winter is approaching. Yet here I am, wearing nothing else but a sweatshirt and track pants. Way to go Jin.

It was a long ride. And I stress on long because it's like those moments when you just want time to pass by quickly but it doesn't. The bus stopped at every stop and I just felt like getting off and run there instead but that would just be crazy. I can't believe I've been so dumb this whole time. I kept pushing the guy I actually like away. What if it worked? What if I did push him away and he really went away? What am I going to do? Oh gosh, that thought just scares me and I felt like crying once more.

Finally, the bus had reached my stop and I raced out of the bus and made a break for it. I've only ever seen that place in magazines and papers and I've never been there before so I don't really know the way. I was running until I realised that this wasn't the street the café is at. I've missed the turn and so I had to run back again for the right turn.

I've mentioned before that I'm not very athletic and so this run is actually killing me but I couldn't stop. I couldn't bring myself to anyways. Howon is right. This time, I should fight for my own happiness. Where else am I going to get my happiness if I don't fight for it? I was panting and breathing really heavily until I finally saw the café in sight. It's just right there.

I ran up to the glass windows and stood outside, trying to catch my breath as I peered into the café. I was also coughing due to the really strenuous exercise and just then, I spotted them. I spotted Myungsoo and Krystal! I wanted to barge in, to grab Myungsoo by the hand and tell him that I like him but my feet were glued to the ground. I couldn't move because… because Myungsoo and Krystal were smiling. They were smiling to each other. Krystal took a sip of her drink and continued talking to Myungsoo, who was just sitting there and paying attention like he always did.

My heart fell. And it was not the only thing that fall because my tears were falling too. My chest tightened and my breaths got shorter. It's too late now, isn’t it? Had Krystal confessed to him and had he already accepted her? Is this why they're smiling right now? Did I come too late? Did I really push the guy I like away? Gosh, I hate myself so much right now and my tears just kept falling. I wanted to walk away but I couldn't bring myself to. I just wanted to look at Myungsoo's face.

The wind blew and even though it was cold, I couldn't move. I stood outside the café and cried, not caring if people found me weird. I mean who stands outside in the cold and cry her eyes out? Me.

Just then, it was as though Myungsoo could sense someone staring at him from the outside, he turned to look at me. Our eyes met for that 0.1 second and I registered what was going on. I gasped, turned around and ran away, after being unable to move after standing there for some time.

I was already tired and so I had no more energy to ran as fast as I did before. I heard Myungsoo calling out my name and I willed myself to run even more. I can't face him like that, I just can't.

"Jin! Jung Yoojin!" Myungsoo's voice became even louder and I kept running but I was already tired and my legs were about to give up on me. In fact, they did. With a slight wobble, I fell to the ground, giving Myungsoo enough time to catch up with me.

"Jin! Are you okay? What's wrong? Why did you suddenly come? Were you looking for me?" He asked and I tried to hide my face because of all the crying. I just couldn't stop. He helped me up but I faced away from him, not letting him see my hideous looks right now.

"Oh my gosh, Jin. Are you crying? What's wrong?" He tried to take a look at my face again but I turned away.

"Go back." I managed to croak out.

"Not until you stop crying and tell me what's wrong. You know I'm always here for you." He said as he patted my head despite me not facing him. I looked down and cried even harder. This time, Myungsoo turned me around to face him and I didn't resist. I couldn't. He took me in an embrace and I cried against his chest. He feels so warm, so good, too good in fact, too good for me.

"It's okay… shhh… it's okay." He my hair and patted my back to calm me down. I feel much calmer now in his embrace and I didn't want to let go. As selfish as I have ever been, I just want to keep hugging him. With enough courage, my hands crept up and held onto his waist gently.

"Jogeum tteollineun mameun gamchugo
Geunyang ne sonman kkok japgo dalligo sipeora
Mak ssodajineun chorokbisoge urin deo singgeureowojyeo
Neul ai gatdeon cheoreopgiman haetdeon naega deo keobeorin geon nareul mideojun
Ne nunbit hana, hanbeonui miso
Geugeollo chungbunhaetdago"


Myungsoo started singing my favourite song—shinee's green rain, very softly in my ear and I took deep breaths to stop my crying. I have been crying for some time that now I'm even hiccuping.

Very slowly, Myungsoo pulled back after I stopped and he'd stared at my tear stained face. Looking at him just makes me want to cry even more because he's just so perfect.

"Care to tell me what made you cry?" He wiped away a tear that was threatening to roll down again.

I contemplated. I opened my mouth but closed it again, only to open it again but no words came out.

Myungsoo raised an eyebrow and he smiled softly. Gosh, that perfect smile.

"I'm… I'm sorry." I muttered out.

"Eh?" Myungsoo was confused.

"I'm sorry I pushed you away." I felt like crying all over again. "I should've said no. I shouldn't have told you to meet Krystal but I did. And I regret it." I cried.

Myungsoo was staring at me and trying to read me like he usually does. I was thinking if I should just tell him. Telling him could change our friendship but if Howon and Dongwoon and even my grandmother was right, it could change a whole lot for the both of us. If only they were right.

"I regret it because… because what if she confessed to you, and you said yes? I realised I didn't want that to happen. I realised I never liked it whenever you went to find her." I don't know when I became so brave but looking at his face, I have to be brave, or I might just lose him. "I realised many things and one of that being…"

My mouth went dry, I couldn't say it out. I couldn't but I want to. I was having an internal conflict. A part of me was so scared about what is to happen when I say it and another part of me just want to let Myungsoo know how I really feel.

"I like you."

My eyes widened. That didn't come from me, it came from Myungsoo.

"I realised that I like you." He repeated himself. "From a long time ago."

I couldn't breathe. This… this couldn't be true. This is too good to be true. What about Krystal? Another part of my brain kept repeating the same thing. I like you. I like you. I like you! He likes me!

There was a slight delay in reaction because my brain was registering the fact that he likes me too. He just said it didn't he? Or did I hear it wrongly? Not knowing there that confidence came from, I said it to him.

"I like you." I completed my sentence earlier and I let finally managed to breath. I let out a sigh of relief and a smile, despite my tears still rolling down my cheeks.

Myungsoo smiled at me, that million dollar smile and I absolutely love. He pushed my hair out of my face and he cupped my cheeks, wiping the tears away from my cheeks as well. And then he pulled my into a tight hug. "Thank god," he whispered softly to me. "I like you so damn much."

My heart started beating rapidly and I found myself smiling into his warm chest. My hands snake up to his waist and instead of just holding onto it like earlier, I wrapped my arms around his waist and hugged him tight. Gosh, Kim Myungsoo, I like you.

Myungsoo slowly pulled away and I had already stopped crying. Even though I could feel that my eyes are red and swollen right now. I look horrible in my sweatshirt and track pants too. But Myungsoo didn't seem to care, he just smiled at me, showing me that cute dimple.

"You know, this is the second confession of the day." He said softly and I registered what he was really saying.

"Oh my gosh! Krystal!" I distanced myself away from him because I was too shocked. If this is the second confession that means Krystal had already confessed? And yet they're still talking like nothing is wrong? Did he…

"I rejected Krystal, Jin. If that's what you're thinking."

My eyes widened. He what?!

"But… but you guys were talking so happily…" I pointed out.

Myungsoo took a step towards me and closed the gap between us. "I've hurt her Jin. But she doesn't want that to affect our friendship. She wants us to remain as friends. So the least I could do is to pretend that everything is normal." Myungsoo's arms then s up my waist and I let out a slight gasp at the sudden contact.

"I have been considerate about her feelings but I can't just accept her because of that. I like you, and I always have."

I found myself blushing at his words and looking away. I couldn't meet eyes with him. I… I just feel shy all of a sudden.

"Which is why I asked you if I should have gone today." He continued and I looked up at him, finally.

He's testing the waters, sweetheart.

My grandmother's voice ringed in my head.

"I wanted to know if you feel the same way about me."

Bingo. One for my grandmother, zero for me.

"What if I said no?" I asked.

I think you already know the answer sweetheart.

My grandmother's voice again.

"I wouldn't go. And I would have confessed to you sooner."

I smiled. I just let myself smile and enjoy this moment where finally, my feelings are reciprocated. I think I deserve this moment at the very least. Two for my grandmother, zero for me.

"I'm sorry." Myungsoo suddenly apologized out of the blue. "I thought you liked Howon and that I was going to go crazy waiting on you. So I acted cold towards you, I tried to see if I could ever forget you but it turned out to be such a mistake and I realise I couldn't do it. I can’t let you go just like that. You don't know how happy I am that you actually felt the same way." He explained that time where he was acting strange. I was worried that our friendship would have taken a different turn. In the end it did, I mean, look at us now. But this was a good sort of turn.

I smiled again and Myungsoo leaned in close to me. He placed our foreheads together with a smile on his face.

"And you don't know how happy I am that you feel the same way too." I said to him softly. That moment that we shared, it was beautiful. It's beyond beautiful. It was worth fighting for.

--

After our mini dramatic reunion and revelation of feelings, Myungsoo had to head back to the café because he had just ran out on Krystal when he saw me at the window. He said he didn't even think and he just made a break for it.

When we got to the cafe, Krystal was nowhere to be seen and their seat is now empty. Krystal had left the cafe, but she left behind a small note for Myungsoo.

Myungsoo,

Everyone could tell that Yoojin and you were going to end up together someday. The both of you are inseparable and the both of you just work so well together. It's like you complement each other. Everybody kept telling me it's useless to hold onto that hope but I did. I didn't want to give up. Which is why I'm glad I pushed on, I'm glad I made it to tell you how I feel about you because I know at least, I've tried. I know you don't feel the same way but I'm thankful that you had let me be your friend. You never rejected me straight out in a harsh manner and you were always considerate of my feelings even before I confessed. Thank you. I hope you and Yoojin will sort things out and please tell her that she's the luckiest girl in the entire world to have you by her side. She really is.

Love, Krystal


I stared at that note and I felt bad for Krystal. It felt like I just stole her boyfriend from her or something. I mean, she'd always been interested in Myungsoo since the start and now she has to give him up…

I felt Myungsoo's hand reach up to hold mine. "I, for one, think it's the opposite. I'm the luckiest guy to have you by my side." I squeezed his hand and gave him a smile. I'm sorry Krystal Jung. I'm really sorry. I really am.

--

After that, Myungsoo had decided to take me home. This is a new situation that I've never been in before. What do I do when the guy I like actually likes me back? What do I do? I'm at a loss at what to do. What are we now? Are we an item? He never officially asked me out but we both know of our feelings for each other so… what is this situation now?

"Say, Jin." Myungsoo nudged me from the side while we were waiting for the bus to come. "Did you come all the way here after you woke up just to stop me from accepting Krystal?" He glanced at my horrendous outfit. Finally, he'd noticed. After so long, I thought he would never have noticed it but he did. Gosh, this is so embarrassing!

"Yah!" I pouted. Why did he have to remind me. I looked around and make sure other people weren't looking at me when suddenly a coat was draped over my shoulders together with a pair of hands.

"You'll catch a cold again." Myungsoo said and I looked at him. He was just wearing a long sleeved shirt now that he's given me his coat.

"Won't you catch a cold?" I pointed out to him and wanted to return him the coat but he stopped me.

"I'm stronger than I look."

"You don't look very strong." I and he nudged me lightly.

The journey back was so amazing. I mean, time spent with Myungsoo is amazing. The way he nods his head slightly when he's talking, the way his eyes shrink in size and his dimples appear when he smiles, and his eyes widened once more when he wants to take a closer look at things. And his laughter, is one of the most amazing sounds ever.

"Jin-ah," he started when we were on the bus. "I know this is sensitive to ask but… what happened to you liking Howon?"

I froze at the question. It was the dilemma of the century when I couldn't get my feelings straight. I have been wondering who exactly do I like and the fact that both Howon and Myungsoo were by my side so often, I couldn't even think straight.

"I did like him at the start." I confessed. "He's my first love. And then somewhere along the way, I got closer to you and I thought it's because we were good friends. My heart kept telling me that I couldn't like you because of what happened with my first crush. You remember that story right?"

"Right, that guy." Myungsoo's face changed into an almost scowl at the mention of Kim Jongin.

"I didn't want to hurt myself again, liking someone who is so out of my league." I looked at Myungsoo once more, he really is out of my league. Look at me, I'm this average girl with the most average looks and average of literally everything but here I am, with an A class guy that I could never match up to. I then told him about how I came to realised my feelings. I told him about my conversation with Howon.

I think this is why people say guy girl friendships are messy. Because it is. Friendship and love can be mistaken and in the end, we may just end up hurting the friendship instead. Howon, is someone special to me. He will always be. Because he's my first love. Right at the beginning, I really did like him and I'm sure of it. Some time along the way, maybe it's because he didn't like me back, but I got closer to Myungsoo. The time we spent together made me realise how much I rely on him. And those feelings I thought I have for Howon after? It was just friendship.

Myungsoo put an arm around me and pulled me close to him. "You don't have anything to worry about you know?."

"Eh?"

"You want to know when I started liking you?"

I nodded.

Myungsoo gave a smile that showed his dimples again. "Since a long time ago Jin." He my hair. "When I first met you, I thought you were a horrible person."

I frowned at the first time I met him. I thought he was a horrible person too. A mean and horrible person, despite his handsome looks.

"But then you bought Myungho those sweets and I thought maybe you weren't that bad a person."

"Oh!" I pointed to him at that memory. That memory that I had almost forgotten if he didn't mention it. I was so furious at that time that I only remembered how mad I was at him for being mean.

"You bought Myungho those sweets right?" He nudged me with a cheeky smile.

Flashback

After that mean and horrible stranger left to get his brother a new ice cream cone, I felt so bad and I apologized to the little boy once again before I take off.

Nam Woohyun is going to kill me for being so late.

I ran towards the basketball court where the friendly match will take place but I didn't even get far when I saw a candy shop nearby. I thought about the little boy again and his upset face when I hit over his ice cream. I felt so bad so I made a detour and ran in the candy shop.

What does a five year old little kid like?

"Ah, I don't know." And I just grabbed my favourite milk candy off the shelf and bought it in flash.

Running back to where I left the boy earlier, I found him still sitting there waiting for his older brother to be back.

"Hey kid," I ran up to him and handed him the pack of sweets I got for him. "I'm really sorry about earlier but have this okay. I really got to go."

I gave him one last apologetic look and headed off to find Woohyun to hand him his shoes.

End of flashback


That memory seemed to have faded away in my memory if it wasn't for Myungsoo who mentioned it. I was so taken aback by that memory where I met Myungsoo that I had forgotten about the memory where I bought Myungho sweets.

"So I thought you weren't that bad a person." Myungsoo said. "And then when I met you in class, you drew me a map of the school, so I thought you weren't a bad person after all. It changed my impression of you."

I laughed at that memory. I felt bad but at that time, I thought that he was a still a mean person. "You know, I thought you were still horrible." I joked with him.

"Yah!" Myungsoo put his head close to mine and our foreheads were touching. He was so close to me that I could feel my heart thumping out of my chest soon enough. "So you know, you never really never have to worry. I like you Jin. From that moment where you bought Myungho sweets and when I met you in class, I found myself being curious of you. I wanted to get to know you more and then I realised that I like you. So don't you even dare to compare yourself to other girls because they're different. You're you. You're the kindest girl I've ever met and I like you for that."

"Thank you, Myung." I smiled at him and we were still at our close proximity. Myungsoo was leaning in closer to me and I felt my heart beat twice as fast as it was beating. And it was already beating fast when he came so near me. Oh gosh, I can't even control myself now. I couldn't look him in the eye and I felt myself blushing so I looked out the window of the bus that we were in and I realised that we were at our stop!

"Myung!" I shouted and stood up immediately. I was pressing the stop button furiously and I swear the bus driver is going to kill me because he was just ready to leave the stop. I dragged him out of the bus and apologize to the driver because he was shouting things at us that I don't want to repeat.

After the bus drove off, I just realised what I had done. "Oops." I had ruined our moment.

Myungsoo let out a smile in disbelief and he put an arm around my shoulder. "Let's get you back home."

During the walk home, we talked about many things and Myungsoo even made a move to take my hand in his. I wondered what we really are right now since he's acting like we're a couple. Sure, we both got our feelings straight but am I his girlfriend now? Do we consider ourselves dating now? I'm confused. As you can see, I'm not really experience in the whole dating thing.

When we got to my house, I noticed that Howon's shoes were gone, meaning he had left and that he did lock my door before he left. I fished out my keys from my pocket and was just about to head in when Myungsoo stopped me.

"Aren't you going to invite me in?"

I gave him a look, "you're going to come in anyways."

"And you're right." He lightly pushed my forehead and made his way in.

On the coffee table, I saw that the movie that Howon had brought over was still there. It was that romantic comedy that we've always wanted to watch and I felt bad for actually leaving him alone to watch it because I couldn't focus on it the entire time. He even wrote a small note next to it.

Watch it with the one you truly love, Jin.

A smile crept up on my face and Myungsoo was making himself comfortable in my living room. "What's that?" He asked and I immediately hid the note.

"Nothing, let's watch this movie." I showed it to Myungsoo and he nodded.

"Wait, aren't you going to get me a cup of tea or anything?" He said as I was taking off his coat. I then threw it over his face and proceeded to start up the movie.

"You know your way around. Get it yourself mister." I said sassily and I wondered where did that confidence come from. I put the video in and then sat down on the couch comfortably when Myungsoo came back with two glasses of water instead of tea. He sat next to me, and very close I must add, until our knees were touching. They were more than just touching at our knees. Our thighs were touching too and even though it's not direct skin contact, I felt that part of my body in contact with his burning up. It was hot because I was so near him. Gosh, my heart is doing weird flips again! Concentrate on the movie Jin, concentrate.

It's much harder to do so when I have Kim Myungsoo sitting next to me. I mean, about an hour ago, we just realised out feelings for each other and I'm not quite getting used to the fact that he actually likes me too. The great Kim Myungsoo likes me! Okay, let's not get ahead of ourselves. I mean, it's not like he asked me to be his girlfriend or anything. Let's just watch the movie.

The movie was funny, being a romantic comedy of course it's funny but it was also touching. The part where the male and female lead finally realised their feelings for each other but it was too late for both of them, gosh I wanted to cry because the female lead was crying. Despite all the ups and downs, the both of them finally got together after all these time.

"Are you going to cry?" Myungsoo asked me. The whole time throughout the movie, he just sat so close to me and he didn't move a single inch. I was too afraid to move so I didn't move at all and hence, we have been in that position since the movie started. With our knees touching, our thighs touching and even our hips. That's how close we are sitting right now.

"Aniya," I said and I looked away, not wanting to show him my teary eyes. I really didn't cry okay, the tears were just about to fall but they didn't.

Myungsoo let out a small laughter and he muttered out something that sounded very much like "you're so cute" but I didn't quite catch it.

"Eh?" I looked back at him and I realised how close our faces were as well.

Myungsoo's facial expression softened and he pushed my hair out of my face, cupping my cheeks. "I said, you're so cute." His thumb caressed my cheek bone and he was just staring deep into my eyes. It was like I was being into a whole new world staring into his brown orbs. They're so pretty. He really has such pretty eyes.

Unknowingly, Myungsoo's face seemed closer to mine and I realised he was leaning in. I didn't know what to do so I was leaning backwards until I felt a strong grip at my lower back, not letting me lean backwards anymore. His deep brown eyes never wavered, even though I did. I was still shy about this and he was leaning in so close! Is he… is he going to…

Myungsoo's gaze finally left my eyes and he wandered down to my lips. I gasped internally. Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh! I could literally feel my heart pumping so fast and the blood rushing up my head.

I swear, our faces were inches apart and our lips were almost touching when suddenly, there was a sound coming from the door and the both of us jumped apart. Far apart. I almost kicked Myungsoo out of the couch.

"Jin-ah! Oh, hi there Myungsoo!" My mom greeted us causally as she placed down her workbag. "I thought you were going to be lonely at home so I rushed back but it looks like you have company."

"Annyeonghaseyo ommoni." Myungsoo greeted my mother and she gave him this smile that totally is inviting him to stay for dinner.

"You know what I'm going to ask, are you?" She said to him and gave him a wink. Gosh, mother. Why are you winking at him? Wait a moment, my grandmother does that too. Looks like my mother and grandmother are so much more alike that I thought.

"Neh, I'll be glad to stay for dinner." Myungsoo smiled at my mother.

"I'll… I'll help you ommoni." I stood up from the couch and wanted to go help her because from whatever that was supposed to happen earlier, it would be awkward to stay in the living room with Myungsoo now.

"It's okay! Go talk to Myungsoo!" My mom said and gestured for me to continue despite my protests. Myungsoo looked at me with wide eyes and I immediately looked away.

So while my mom was preparing dinner in the kitchen, Myungsoo and I were in the living room, talking and watching whatever what was on the tv. Actually maybe just more talking than watching because there really isn't much to see. This time, he wasn't sitting as close to me as we were before. He actually kept a distance and I wondered if it's because my mom is just in the kitchen.

Anyways, our conversation wasn't weird or anything, it was just a normal Myungsoo-Yoojin conversation. Which is pretty normal and nothing out of the ordinary.

My dad came back soon after and he just went straight for the bathroom. Thankfully, Myungsoo and I didn't do anything that needs explaining when my dad was around.

It was a nice and quiet dinner with my family and Myungsoo. I mean, it's not usual that it's just one out of my five good friends are over. Usually, it's either all or none. With the exception of Bomi who had been recently granted more freedom.

"So what did you guys do today?" My mom asked causally.

Myungsoo and I looked at each other and I wondered what to tell my mom. That we confessed to each other? That Howon had come over in the morning and helped me to realise my feelings for this guy sitting next to me?

"We uh… watched a movie." Myungsoo said calmly and I looked at him. Right, we did.

"Oh, that's nice." My mother said. "By the way, I have yet to thank you for taking care of our Jin the last time we were away. She told me about going over to your place for dinner. Thank you sweetie."

"It's nothing. It's the least we could do since I come here so often." Myungsoo replied.

"No no, I really must thank you for taking care of her. We were both so worried about what she's going to eat since she doesn't know how to cook! I mean, eighteen years we've never left her alone for this long before so we were worried about how she's doing. We just hoped to see her still alive when we were back." My mother joked and my jaw dropped.

"Omma!" I whined. Gosh, why is she embarrassing me! "I will learn how to cook. Just watch me." I declared to the entire table. Oh I will learn. Once I put my mind to it, I am determined to master it. Laughter erupted at the table. My dad laughed, my mom laughed and even Myungsoo laughed! This is outrageous. "Yah!" I nudged Myungsoo. My parents can laugh because I can't disrespect them but Myungsoo can't. We'll, technically he can because he cooks and I don't. Aish!

"Well Myungsoo, so what are you going to do now that the exams are over?" My dad asked him in a way that seems like they were having man to man talk.

"I'm going to try and get a job or maybe a short internship somewhere." He replied politely.

"Wow, that sounds good. Jin, you should learn more from him." My mother suggested.

I was quick to defend myself. "Of course I'm going to find a job too! What do you take me for? It's good to get some experience now than be inexperienced when I actually go out to the workforce." I said sensibly.

"Maybe you should go for cooking classes." My mother said again and my jaw dropped. Is she dissing her own daughter? "Omma!"

The whole table laughed again and I glanced towards Myungsoo. How dare he laugh. He's supposed to be on my side. I gave him my signature death glare instead.

"She has a point." He whispered to me and I elbowed him in the gut, to which he groaned in pain. Ha, take that. But then I couldn't help but take another glance at him, with a smile creeping up my face. He reached out and took some vegetables for me and placed it on my bowl. His own way of saying sorry, and I just giggled. Gosh, I'm becoming more and more hopeless am I?

"Well, I've seen some posters for short art classes and art courses and I think it'll be good for you to go and build up your portfolio." Myungsoo suggested after awhile and my ears hiked up. Now that's interesting.

"I mean, not that I'm not trusting you to make it to Seoul National University, but they do conduct interviews too and it could boost your portfolio." He continued.

"I think it sounds great!" My eyes lit up at the idea of going for art classes. Maybe for once, I wouldn't be bored in an actual classroom.

"And who's going to pay for that?" My mom shot me a look. Hey, don't get all defensive ommoni.

"I'll work and pay for it." I said proudly. That sounds like a great idea! I gave Myungsoo a thankful glance and continued with my dinner.

After we were done with dinner, Myungsoo had gotten ready to go home. "I'll walk you back!" I offered in delight and Myungsoo just laughed.

"Do I look like I need you to send me home?" He gave me a look and a light push on the forehead and I pouted. I just… wanted to spend more time with him. I mean, today is one of the best days of my life when I found out that the guy I like actually liked me back. Like what a miracle it must've been considering that the guy is Kim Myungsoo. The Kim Myungsoo!

"Okay, I'll walk you halfway?" I suggested and this time I'm not giving in. "Let's go!" I said and grabbed my coat before pulling him out of the house so he cannot refuse me. Myungsoo tried to say goodbye to my parents but I think it was slightly inaudible because I dragged him out all of a sudden.

The weather is getting colder and colder and winter is approaching. It just seemed like yesterday that autumn had came and now it's gone. How time flies.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked as he walked next to me. After we left my house, it seems like the Myungsoo earlier had came back. He walked super close to me that our hands were touching but not really touching. They were brushing against each other and I found myself blushing.

"Just about how time flies." I said honestly.

"Yeah, it sure did."

We then walked in silence, and we walked really slowly as compared to our usual speed. It was as though the both of us didn't want to leave each other for the night.

Just then, without a warning, he suddenly grabbed my hand. I was shocked and I looked at him but he kept his eyes straight and walked on, with my hand in his. "Your hands are cold." He held my hand closer to him and placed them in the pocket of his coat. I blushed because our hands were in his coat pocket, intertwined, and it was warm. Very warm. I smiled to myself in bliss as we walked on.

"You know, I'm actually grateful that you said yes." He broke the comfortable silence.

"Eh?"

"If I didn't go and meet Krystal today, would you have realized your feelings for me?"

I paused to think of that. Maybe? Maybe not? I thought I was still into Howon then and I was just so confused that I didn't know. "Maybe…" I didn't want to disappoint him and gave him that answer.

"See, this is why I'm glad you said yes." He stopped in his tracks and I realised we were at the halfway point already. It was so fast despite us walking so slowly.

"I'm glad I said yes too." I said softly to him and only him.

Myungsoo took out our hands from his coat pocket and he held both of my hands in his. "I hope I'm not too late in asking this but," he paused and my heart started beating rapidly. "Will you be my girlfriend?"

A smile crept up my face. It was more than just a smile, I'm pretty sure I'm grinning from ear to ear now. He finally asked me! Happiness was rising inside of me that I couldn't even make out a word so I just nodded. Myungsoo gave me a hug with that bright smile on his face. He hugged me tighter than he'd ever hugged me and I hugged him with the same amount of passion and intensity.

Pulling away from me, he kept his arms on my waist and I was holding onto the sides of his waist as well. Our foreheads touched and we were smiling so brightly that we put the moon to shame.

"You know, I've waited the whole day just to do this."

And he leaned in closed to me, with his head tilted at an angle and before I could even think of a response, our lips met.

My whole world lit us as if there was some magic going on in the background. The kiss wasn't those French kisses or full blown make out you've seen on tv, neither was it just a peck. But it was a kiss. I had my eyes closed and I let myself enjoy that kiss. It felt like ages and I wanted the time to stop, but he pulled back soon after.

Myungsoo had a huge grin on his face, the brightest of all his smiles I've ever seen. This seems all too surreal to me that I just blurted out from nowhere. "Please tell me this is not a dream."

Myungsoo laughed a hearty laugh and I realised how much I love his laughter. "No, it's not."

I broke into a wide grin. All of this, to happen to someone like me. Average me. It just feels like a miracle.

"I'll get going. See you tomorrow." Myungsoo said as he slowly walked backwards and he never let go of my hand until we were far enough and he had to let go. Waving goodbye to him, I was reluctant to leave but I knew I had to. Now I can't wait till I get to see him again.

When I got back, both my parents were watching the tv in the living room and they were giving me weird stares.

"What?" I questioned them.

My dad laughed it off like it was nothing and my mom gave me a knowing look. "Nothing my dear." And she turned back to the tv. My parents are sort of strange aren't they?

I went back up to my room to rest and I was texting Myungsoo. As if we haven't just met each other but the conversation just kept going. We texted each other until I had received another message that wasn't from Myungsoo. It was from Howon.

How did things go? ;)

I smiled at that text. Howon had basically been the one to help me realize my feelings for Myungsoo.

I did it.

 

I replied him and his next reply came almost instantly.

And???

 

I smiled to myself at the thought of what happened today.


And he did too :)

I stared at my own reply. The thought of Myungsoo actually liking me back still didn't seem real and I just cannot believe it. What if it is just a dream? Maybe tomorrow I will wake up and realise it's all a dream? I would be so heartbroken.

I'm happy for you Jin.

Howon's reply came before I could overthink in that situation.

Thank you Lee Howon, for not only helping me realise my true feelings, but also for being my first love. You may never know the way I feel about you because I might never bring it up again, or at least not in front of you. Whether or not if you had liked me then, it shall remain as a mystery to me. I don't want to know and I don't need to know anymore. Myungsoo was right then. It is indeed a great honour for someone like you, so close to my heart, be my first love. If I had the ability to turn back time, I probably would not have confessed to you once more. But it's okay. Because first loves are like that. Some never end well and some do. Our first loves are pure, innocent and sweet. Because we don't know anything yet. From there, we learn and we grow but that memory of our first love will always remain in our heart. People come and go, but our first loves are still right there, where we left them.

 

 

 

 

 

 


Hey all! So... one of my readers had actually guessed what was about to happen after Jin realised her feelings for Myungsoo! Well, it wasn't exactly the same but similar hahaha. I guess I do have a tendency to be a little dramatic at times ;) 

Anyways, in the previous chapter, I said that I do have a bestie (like Myung in this story) and I did end up liking him but well, he was a popular guy too so he wasn't lack of suitors. In fact, he actually had a girl that he likes and she likes him back. It totally killed me but I kept my feelings to myself and in the end, we are still good friends but there wasn't anything more. I consoled him whenever he and the girl had problems but in the end, he never got together with the girl. Things between them were complicated and he decided to let go as well. I guess I really didn't want my lovable character Yoojin to end up like me. She should be brave and fight for her own happiness. Something that I never did. I kept it all in and even to this day, my bestie remains as a good friend of mine. More than a good friend in fact. He's someone special and someone close to my heart. In all sadness and horrible soppy real life drama, I've moved on and decided to let go. It feels good actually, to finally be able to move on from someone I loved so dearly yet watch him be with someone else. I can say that pain was the worst pain I have ever felt and you all are so lucky to never have to go through that (if you did, I feel you and know that things will always be okay in the end. It will be. Take it from me.)

One last thing, thank you all for bearing with me all these while and waiting patiently for this story to be updated. I have already planned the ending but the final chapters are still in a draft state. There are still chapters that I'm planning so there is definitely some more to come. I can't say for sure at which chapter I am ending this story but I will update you guys again once I have gotten the everything all planned out and drafted! Do leave me a comment as to what you guys think of this chapter and even little things like you enjoying it will make my day. So, comment, suscribe, upvote! Do whatever fits you! Once again, I love you guys. As always. ^^