Chapter 33

A Little Thing About Love

Call me a happy little kid, I don't care. I'm in a good mood today. Maybe it was a carryover from yesterday but who cares, Jung Yoojin is in a good mood today. Nothing can bring me down, not even the stress of the final exams.

"You seem in a cheery mood today Jin." Sunggyu said as he stared at me smiling to myself at this very happy day.

"I had a good nights rest that's all." I smiled at Sunggyu, who looked at me like I ate something wrong. I turned and saw Myungsoo staring at me as well and I couldn't help but just look away.

"It's nice to see you so cheery and ready to study." Howon said and I gave him a face. I was in a good mood but who said anything about being ready to study? It'll always be something I'm not ready for. Anyways, Howon looks like he's in a good mood too. Especially ever since that day that we had gotten back our results, he's been in a good mood ever since. It was as though the stress doesn't affect him anymore.

When we got to class, Myungsoo sat next to me as usual and he whispered softly to me. "Why are you so happy today?"

I froze. Why am I so happy? I don't know, I just am. "I had a good sleep last night. I'm in a good mood today."

"Yeah? I wonder what caused you to have a good sleep." He said softly and I turned to look at him. Was he implying something? Was he implying that I was in a good mood because he didn't go out with Krystal yesterday? Dream on, Kim Myungsoo, dream on.

Anyways, despite being in a relatively good mood, the finals were really soon approaching. There were only two weeks left to school. After the college entrance test comes graduation the following week and we will all soon be out of high school. Did I mention that the thought of leaving high school scares me? Well, it does. A lot. And I think I’ve said this so many times but as long as I am still not there yet, I will always be afraid of the future. One part of me was afraid that I wouldn't make it to the desired university and then I wouldn't know what else to do with my life. Another part of me was kind of excited to start a new beginning with my friends. I mean, it's university! It seems so foreign yet I feel that it's going to be such an exciting adventure for all of us.

--


We've been studying harder than ever for days and even on the weekends. Ever since that night, Myungsoo and I still haven't got a chance to go have our dinner  and he's been bugging me about that treat for almost everyday. It's just that we both didn't have the time to spare. I mean, the college entrance test is just around the corner and we really couldn't afford to spend time having fun. We couldn't even spare time to do anything but study. I studied as I ate, I studied as I walked to school, I studied when I walked back home. It was like a different Jung Yoojin and my parents were shocked at my change too. I told them to not bother me until my exams are over. That's just how serious I am.

I had texted lesser as well. Usually I'll be busy texting away with Myungsoo and sometimes Howon but I just left my phone in one corner of the room where I couldn't see and then I studied. It does help me to concentrate more because my phone can be so distracting at times. My only idea of rest was sleep and shower. That's just how pathetic I have been reduced to but whenever I think about how all this is for my future, I get motivated again.

The days passed quickly and soon, it was the last day before the college entrance exam. We were in our usual seats outside the library trying to study to the best of our ability. Over the course of two weeks, I had consulted Mr Choi often and he gave me a new worksheet every time I went to consult him. Surprisingly, the more I did those worksheets, the better I got at them and by the end of the two weeks, I had managed to do almost every question on the last worksheet. He would encourage me to after every worksheet I've done and told me that I did well and I appreciate that. Today was the last time I'm finding him before the exams tomorrow.

"For tomorrow, all you need to do is to just clear your mind and go in with a calm heart. Do not rush and do it slowly and carefully. I have faith in you." Mr Choi said to me at the end of my consultation session. He said that he has faith in me. Wow. That's a huge compliment coming from the scariest teacher in school. "I believe you can do well Yoojin. Do me proud tomorrow."

I thanked him and gave him one last bow and even a small smile before I left the office. Maybe he isn't that bad after all. For someone who hates my guts, he sure helped me a lot in a rough period like this.

When I went back to the area where the rest were studying, I found Myungsoo sitting with us and not with Krystal. Actually speaking of Krystal, she was nowhere to be seen. I thought she would be cramming last minute with Myungsoo considering how the most important test in our lives is just tomorrow.

Besides, everybody was super focused on their studying. We didn't talk much unlike usually and we didn't waste time dwelling on questions. It was like a "hit and go". If we encounter a problem, ask and move on. There was no time to waste dwelling on problems so that we can make the most out of this.

We studied till an even later time than usual today by we still went back home for dinner. Even our walk back was filled with seriousness and some of us even had notes in our hands. At least for Woohyun, Howon and I. The other three were too smart to be worrying. They are so going to ace the exam tomorrow.

Before we parted with Bomi, I went up to her to give her a hug. "You can do this Bomi. Rest well tonight and the real battle begins tomorrow."

She hugged me back and wished me luck too. "You're going to do well too Jin. Have more confidence in yourself."

"Thank you."

The guys then took turns to wish her good luck before we parted. After that, we had reached Woohyun's home and it was time for the rest of us to part. I gave each of them a hug and some well wishes too. Woohyun was so happy to get a hug from me again and so he hugged me longer than we were supposed to. When I wanted to part, he held me closer and I couldn't fight his strength.

"Promise me we will all go to the same university?" He whispered softly in my ear.

"I will try my best." I whispered back. Woohyun held me tighter and he breathed in, taking in my scent.

For a moment, I realised that I wasn't the only one so afraid of the future. Woohyun is too. Despite being so manly on the basketball court, deep down, he's still a kid at heart. He's afraid of what the future might bring as well. Just like me. Most of all, he's afraid of what's going to happen if they six of us weren't together anymore. More than anything, that thought scares me the most. I have become so attached to my friends that I can never imagine myself going to a school without being able to see them as often as I do now.

It felt like ages but Woohyun finally pulled away. We were all just about to part when Myungsoo suddenly called out my name. "Jin, can we talk for a moment?"

The others froze as well because Myungsoo had already wished me good luck so what else is there to say?

"Y-yeah sure." My voice cracked because I suddenly felt nervous. Okay, maybe not nervous but I couldn't think of why else Myungsoo would want to say.

"We will… just have a small talk then." He told the others awkwardly so that they will leave. He looked serious and I got worried. Is there something wrong with Myungsoo? Is this where he tells me his big secret? What actually happened?

"Oh… okay. Bye then." Howon replied awkwardly and the atmosphere was just weird. Howon and Myungsoo were never awkward before so what's with the sudden awkwardness?

Myungsoo then led me to a place just further down Woohyun's house where we can sit at the benches and just talk.

"Myung-ah… what's wrong?" I asked carefully and I prepared my heart for the worst. Maybe it's something really shocking and that he couldn't tell anyone else but me.

He looked at me with a serious face and let out a sigh. "Krystal asked to meet me again. After the exams." He announced without much expression on his face.

"Oh." I said but I was trying to process this whole thing. So Krystal asked him out again? Why is he telling me? Why do I feel… I don't know what I'm feeling now.

"It's the day after our graduation at Velvet Café at noon." He told me and he was staring straight into my eyes. I got so nervous by that that I couldn't look at him in the eye. I avoided his gaze and looked elsewhere. "She says she wants to tell me something important."

My gaze darted back up to him. Oh my god, could she want to confess to him then? Thinking about it, Krystal has been bold with her actions but she'd never confessed to Myungsoo about her true feelings has she? The only time I found out that I was right about her liking Myungsoo was when Hyuna had told me.

There were so many questions that I wanted to ask him right now. Like is she going to confess to him? What is he going to say? Is he going to reject her or accept her? What does he feel anyway? But I stayed quiet. The both of us were looking into each others eyes, trying to read one another but we both didn't say anything.

What felt like minutes later, Myungsoo broke the silence. "Should I go?"

Why is he asking me? I don't know if he should or not. It depends on how he feels isn't it?

"Jin-ah, should I go?" He asked me one more time, the atmosphere was getting really serious.

I gulped, not knowing how to answer him as he was looking at me with those mysterious eyes. I couldn't read him.

"Yeah. You should go."

It came out from nowhere. Even I was surprised by my own words. After I said that, I felt a lump in my throat and I swallowed it back. It kept coming back up and I felt my chest tightening. There was a bitter taste behind the back of my throat but I kept swallowing my saliva to get rid of it.

Myungsoo looked at me, his face fell when I said it. There was some sort of look on his face but I couldn't tell what it was. Disappointment? It couldn't have been.

"Okay." He said while nodding but he wasn't looking at me anymore. It was like he couldn't look at me and he avoided my gaze.

"Myungsoo-ah…" I called him by his full name, which is something I haven’t done in a while. It has always been just ‘Myung’.

"Rest well Jin. You'll do well tomorrow. Don't worry to much. Goodnight." He said to me before he walked off. I didn't even have the time to reply him because he was walking ahead really fast. I stared at his back view and suddenly I felt like the place around me had gotten darker. Everything was dimmer and my vision got blurred. Tears were welling up in my eyes.

I've never seen this side of Myungsoo before, where he looks so… disappointed? Is he disappointed? Or is he angry? I couldn't tell. They looked like the same expression to me. He'd never been so cold to me before, except for the first time we met. I let out a sigh and just collapse on my bed when I got home. What did I do this time? Why did I even say anything at all? Maybe I should have stayed quiet and not say a word. Maybe then I wouldn't have upset Myungsoo. Pabo Jin, you are such a pabo. A tear escaped my eye and I fought back the rest of the tears that were threatening to roll down. Don't cry Jin. What is there to cry about? You told him to go. You can't regret that now.

The fact that tomorrow is the most important exams in our lives didn't make anything better. I tried not to think too much about it even though I am but I also needed the sleep.

Just go to sleep Jin. Worry about it after the exams. Finally, after that haunting image of Myungsoo's disappointed yet angry looking face kept passing through my mind, I fell asleep to the next day.

--

My mind was clear. I tried not to think about what happened with Myungsoo yesterday even though I'm standing outside our exam venue with him right now. You can do this Jung Yoojin. You definitely can. You've been preparing so long for this day, do yourself proud. Do your parents proud. Do the people around you that has helped you proud.

"Are you ready?" Myungsoo said to me.

Despite that awkward conversation we had yesterday, Myungsoo didn't mention about it today. He had tried to make things seem as normal as possible even though I felt awkward about it. Okay, don't go there Jin, don't think about it. Concentrate on this exam and then celebrate your newfound freedom.

I took a deep breath. "The only thing I've been preparing my entire life will be this exam. Let's do this."

Myungsoo looked at me before we headed into the exam venue. "This is the first time you're not shaking." He said and he looked at my hands.

He's right. Surprisingly, for this most important exam in my life, I wasn't shaking like all the previous times I did.

"Let's go." Myungsoo smiled at me and walked into the classroom.

The most important exam in my life. I can ace this. I definitely can!

--

"WE'RE FREE!" A familiar voice shouted from the hallways just as Myungsoo and I excited the classroom. I could see Howon running towards us with a huge smile on his face and he immediately came up to give me a huge hug. Correction, he jumped on me and almost caused me to fall over because of his heavy weight.

"We are free Jin! We are so done with high school! We are free!" Howon kept shouting in delight as he remained in that position of hugging me.

I didn't know what to do and I saw Myungsoo looking at me. My hands slowly rose to return Howon the hug and he tightened the hug even more when he felt me hugging him back. After a while more, he'd finally let go and he then turned to Myungsoo to give him a hug as well.

Soon later, the other three from the top three classes came running down the hallways as well and the six of us were reunited once more.

"No more exams!" Woohyun cheered along with other students that were making just as much as in the hallways. The seniors were all cheering in the hallways and I could even see some teachers celebrating with the students. It was a huge sigh of relief that this whole painful ordeal is over.

During the breaks between the papers earlier, the six of us had gathered as well and most of them were exchanging answers to see if they'd gotten it right or not. For me, I didn't want to look or even think about the questions anymore and so I stayed out of it.

"Don't you want to know if you've gotten it right?" Howon had asked me.

I just shook my head. "It's already over. I can't change my answer anyways so I don't want to worry myself over knowing if I got it right or wrong." So I never bothered to check with Sunggyu or Myungsoo my answers. I just wanted it to be over and done with.

Now that it's finally over, I felt like I can let out a huge sigh of relief. Whether or not I got the questions right or wrong, I did my best and I hope that it will be comforting for me. For now, it's time for some celebration.

"Let's go celebrate the end of exams!" Sunggyu said and everybody laughed. It was unusual of Sunggyu to initiate a celebration but I'm sure we all had the same idea in mind.

If you couldn't already guess, the six of us us went to the usual grilled restaurant for dinner to celebrate the end of the exams. It seems as though we really love this place and I'm sure this will be one of those places that we'd be visiting all the time even when we're in university. This place is starting to be a place filled with memories for the six of us.

"Cheers to the end of the exams!" Woohyun lifted his can of drink and waited for us to do the same. We all followed his signal and held our drinks up as well.

"Cheers!" The six of us chimed in and then continued to dig in. Freedom never felt so good and I think I'm going to enjoy this exam and stress-free holiday so much that I don't even want to attend university. Okay, I'm kidding, I have to go to university but I can see myself enjoying this holiday so much that I never want it to end.

"So, what are you guys going to do this holiday?" Myungsoo asked the group in general. Honestly, right now, I am feeling slightly uncomfortable with Myungsoo because he's been acting like nothing had happened yesterday. He sat next to me and he's even grilling meat for me casually. Like the conversation we had yesterday never existed.

"I'm going to try and work. Gyu, introduce some places to me. You're the one with a lot of experience." Woohyun nudged Sunggyu who was chewing on his meat.

"I don't think you'd want to work in those places I've worked in." Sunggyu said nonchalantly and continued with his feasting.

"Or is it that the places you've worked in wouldn't want Woohyun?" Howon added in with a smug on his face and Woohyun was just about to go and karate chop his arm off.

"Yah!" He shouted at Howon who was still laughing.

"But Gyu, why did you work so much anyways? It's not like you wouldn't have the chance to work after you graduate. Like now." Howon asked.

I looked at stopped eating for a moment and looked at Sunggyu. He looked back at me and I could tell he was thinking about what to say to he others. Should he say the truth? Or should he just cover it up?

The silence was dragging and I decided to help Sunggyu with that question. "Gyu—"

"I worked because of my family." Sunggyu cut me off and I stared at him with my eyes wide. Is he… is he going to tell them the truth?

"Gyu-ah…" I tried to remind him that it was supposed to be a secret. Even though it was his secret but still, he should think carefully if he wanted to say it or not and not regret after that. Once you've said something, you can't ever take it back. It's just out there already. Like what I said yesterday.

Everybody at the table stared at him, wondering what he meant and Sunggyu placed his chopsticks down.

"I know I've never told you guys about this, well, except for Jin who knows it all." Sunggyu started and the rest turned to look at me when he mentioned my name. I felt myself becoming smaller and trying to shrink in my seat when Sunggyu continued with his confession. "My family's finances aren't great. My mom was involved in a car accident many years ago when I was a kid and she's in a coma now. My dad drank his sorrows away and we needed money to pay for everything. The hospital bills, the house bills, my education… so I had to work to relief the financial burden on my dad." Sunggyu confessed bravely.

"But," I decided to add in, "his dad is quitting alcohol now." In case anybody got worried.

"Oh my gosh," Woohyun's face changed immediately. "I'm sorry Gyu… I didn't know."

Everybody at the table tensed up at Sunggyu's confession. He'd hid this secret for so long and now it's finally out.

"We're all sorry." Bomi said and gave him a concerned look.

"Come on guys, I didn't say that just because I wanted to bring the atmosphere down, I wanted to be honest to my friends who were there for me all the time. Besides, like Jin said, my dad quit drinking. We're trying our best to make ends meet now. I'm fine." He reassured us and I wanted to hug him so much for being so positive on things. Sunggyu has been through a lot. A lot more than we all will ever know.

"I'm glad it's all fine now. But if you ever need help… there's always us." Howon said. I figured what he meant by 'help' was money. I mean, Howon isn't short of cash. He has plenty of them and the way he said it totally had some deeper meaning behind it and I hope Sunggyu had caught that. Howon isn't the type to tell everybody about his wealthy background so I guess he didn't want to say it explicitly as well.

"Thanks guys. It feels great to let it off my chest. I didn't mean to hide it from you guys but I didn't want anybody to worry. Plus, it's very personal for me so I didn't want to share it with the whole world or something." Sunggyu cleared up. He was looking at Woohyun for a reaction because we all know that Woohyun is the most sensitive when it comes to things like that. He's going to be the one to get upset if you hide things from him.

"I understand Gyu…" Woohyun patted him on the back. "But I'm glad you shared it with us." Woohyun smiled at his best friend. "Wait, but how is it that we all didn't know and only Jin knew?" Woohyun turned to look at me accusingly and I stuttered trying to find the right words to say.

"I… errr… it was a coincidence." I said.

"A coincidence?" Howon looked at me and wondered what I was talking about.

Sunggyu then laughed but he came to my rescue. You know you can always count on him. "Jin saw me once by coincidence when I was working during middle school and she kept visiting me because the both of you were away for a holiday. Then one day I had to go help my dad who was drunk and she came along too. That was when she'd found out."

I remembered that day very clearly. That fateful day where I found out that there's more to Sunggyu that meets the eye. Behind his strong exterior, was a soft and broken Kim Sunggyu. I can only be glad that he's slowly piecing himself back together as a whole again. He's not fully back in one piece but his dad's determination to quit sure plays a huge part in helping him get himself together.

"Okay, let's not talk about me anymore. Let's talk about our newfound freedom!" Sunggyu smiled happily and I am so so so happy for him. That smile that he just showed, it was that smile that I had witnessed in Busan. That carefree smile. I guess you can say that Kim Sunggyu is genuinely happy now.

Throughout the entire time we were eating and talking at the grilled restaurant, Myungsoo kept filling my bowl with the meat.

"Myung, I already have enough." I said to him when I saw my fully filled bowl.

"You can eat more." He said monotonously and handed me some more meat. Why is he acting so strange? It can't be related to what happened yesterday right? I mean… he'd pretended that nothing was wrong this morning. Why is he suddenly acting so cold towards me again? Is he angry at me?

Usually, Myungsoo and I would have small talks around dinner tables. It was just because he will always happen to be sitting next to me and we would have endless things to talk about. This time, even though he was sitting next to me, there was no small talk. He just keep grilling the meat and giving them to me and then grilling them again.

I desperately wanted to talk to him. It doesn't matter what we talk about, I just want to talk to him and have him talk to me too. But the thing is, I didn't have the chance to at all. I couldn't even ask him to pass the water, because he had automatically refilled my water for me without me asking. He had passed me the sauce without me asking and he has been filling my bowl with meat without me asking. It felt like such a struggle to sit next to him yet not being able to talk to him. I just didn't know what else to say.

Finally, the shop was about to close and we were then ready to leave. Can you imagine we just sat there and eat and talk until they were about to close? Time really flies when you're having fun. Okay, maybe I wasn't having that much fun because of Myungsoo's sudden cold attitude towards me but still, you know what I mean.

We then left after paying and thanking the store owner for accommodating us till such a late timing and we headed back home. On the way back, we talked about our future. Oh, that scary thing that lies ahead of us. When we were still in high school studying for the exam, this is the future we were talking about. Things we were going to do after the exams ended. We are now in that 'future' we have been talking about.

"There's so many things I want to do but I don't even know where to start." Woohyun breathed out as he took a stretch from having eaten too much earlier.

"You can start by replenishing your sleep." Bomi suggested.

Woohyun smiled at her, causing Bomi to blush under the dim moonlight. "You're right. You know, I'll do just that."

Without us when knowing, we had walked to the point where we part with Bomi.

"Goodnight guys, it's been an adventure with you all." Bomi said with a sweet smile on her face. I think we all understood what she meant. Finally, this is the end of our high school journey. It has really been such a wonderful adventure.

I was feeling two things when I went back home. First of all, I am still confused and upset about Myungsoo's cold treatment. Secondly, I am happy to be done with this phase of my life. How can I feel happy and upset at the same time? I don't know but I just do. It was just one of those moments where I can't explain but I just feel.

My parents had came to congratulate me for completing the exam and coming back with a sane mind and my mom even told me to invite the rest so she could cook a meal up for us to celebrate.

"Omma, we just went out to celebrate today. There's no need for you to cook a meal for us." I said to her.

"I insist on congratulating you kids with my method." My mom insisted. Well, she is a good cook and the others love her cooking too so why not?

"Arraso, I'll let you know when they're free."

My mom then left my room to let me rest but the thing is, I couldn't rest. My mind kept thinking back to that moment with Myungsoo yesterday. If he's unhappy with my answer then why ask me in the first place?

Andwae, I have to know what's going on with him. So I took out my phone and texted Myungsoo in a pretty straightforward manner.

Are you mad at me?

I thought for a long time before I mustered enough courage to press send. After I pressed the button, I placed my phone down where I couldn't see the screen and I didn't dare to take a glance. But then I was curious as well so I ended up checking for a reply ever so often. However, every time I checked, there was nothing.

It had only been five minutes and I checked my phone once more, knowing that there wouldn't be a reply because it didn't vibrate but just as I picked up my phone to check if there was a message, a message came through and I quickly dropped my phone. I didn't dare look at it in case it might be Myungsoo.

I slowly picked up my phone and take a look at the sender. It is Myungsoo after all.

I was afraid to look at the reply because what if he is mad at me? What do I do? Slowly, I opened the message but covered his reply with my other hand. I carefully moved my hand away to look at his reply.

No.

That's it?! That's it?! No explanation nothing? Just a no? What now? I wanted to ask him then why is he so cold towards me but I couldn't bring myself to. It would mean I'm noticing him too much would it?

Oh okay.

I text back and I realised I sounded angry this time round so I quickly sent another text to try and lift the heavy atmosphere.

Do you want to come over for a movie and dinner tomorrow?

I tried to make it sound casual, like I wasn't affected by anything even though I am.

Sure. The guys will be there too?

He'd reply faster this time round. And yeah, I totally forgot about the other guys too.

Yeah, I'll ask them as well.

I then proceeded to text the group to let them know of the dinner and movie at my place tomorrow. Myungsoo didn't reply my text messages after that and this is the strangest thing ever. He usually replies me even when there's nothing else to say. He didn't even say goodnight this time.

I then decided to be the one who take the initiate this time and I text him.

Goodnight Myung.

Goodnight Jin.


He'd finally replied me and then I could sleep at last. I didn't even check the group chat to see who replied and I fell asleep. It was as though I was just was waiting for that message to come and then I can sleep. Like finally. Maybe I'll talk to Myungsoo tomorrow about it. Maybe…

--

The next morning, I woke up with a jolt and I saw that I was running late. I rushed out of bed and stumbled down the stairs. "Omma! Don't have to prepare my breakfast! I'm going to be late!" I shouted at her and my mother, who was currently in the kitchen preparing breakfast, staring at me like I was crazy.

"Where are you rushing to?" She asked.

"School!" I hurriedly ran back upstairs so I could change.

"Yoojin! I thought your exam ended yesterday." She shouted back to me before I reached the top of the stairs.

I stopped halfway. She's right. Where am I rushing off to? My exam ended yesterday! I don't have to be anywhere.

"Right." I told her with a smile creeping up my face. "You're absolutely right." Heading back to my room, I laid down on my bed and went back to sleep. It feels so good to know that I don't have to wake up early for school anymore!

It hasn't even felt like fifteen minutes and my mom had called me. "Jin-ah, come down for breakfast!"

I threw my covers away with a pout on my face. I'm just beginning to enjoy my break. "Arraso, coming!"

So my family had our breakfast before my parents have to rush off for work, leaving me alone at home. I didn't even have to be alone for long because the guys and Bomi appeared soon after.

"I bought popcorn." Sunggyu announced as he held up the bag of microwaveable popcorn.

"And I," Howon walked straight into the living room, "brought the movie." He waved the mission impossible movie in front of me.

"Jin, I need to use your bathroom." Woohyun announced to everybody and I lightly hit him for sharing too much information. Not that I needed to know. Bomi smiled at me as she went to help Sunggyu with the microwaveable popcorn.

Myungsoo walked in with a bag in his hands as well and he held them up. "I've got drinks." He told me, awkwardly. Things just doesn't seem right between us now and I hated that. He wouldn't meet my eyes and he just went straight to the kitchen to get the drinks ready.

"I'll help you." I offered and followed after him.

"It's alright, I can handle it. You can just wait in the living room." He rejected my offer.

I felt disappointed at him rejecting my help but I listened to him nonetheless. Howon was in the living room, trying to get the movie set up and it turns out, I have to help him because he's not very good with technology.

"Thanks Jin." He gave me a warm smile and I smiled back.

"Maybe instead of etiquette lessons, you should have taken technology lessons." I joked with him.

"Yah! I'm good with technology! It's just that it's been a while since I've used the player at your house so I kind of forgot how to use it." Howon defended himself and at the same time, Myungsoo came with the drinks on a tray. "Oh, thanks Myung." Howon said as he took a cup and sipped it immediately. Myungsoo then handed me a cup without saying anything. He didn't even meet my eyes.

"Thanks." I muttered out, not sure if he caught it or not.

The rest then returned with the popcorn and Woohyun was done using the toilet and so we were ready to watch the movie. It just so happens that Myungsoo, Howon and I were sitting together and the three of us shared a bag of popcorn. Howon was sitting in the middle and every time I wanted to take the popcorn, I found myself glancing at Myungsoo, who had kept his eyes straight and glued to the screen. It can't be that I'm the only one who feels that something is wrong between the two of us right? I can't be the only one.

Which is why I ended up not focusing on the movie at all. My mind kept wandering as to how am I going to make things up with Myungsoo and I kept stealing glances at him whenever I'm trying to eat my popcorn. Aish, Kim Myungsoo why do you have to be so confusing?! I don't want us to end up drifting apart when we've been so close before.

Woohyun had ordered pizza in the middle of the movie and it arrived just before the movie ended. "Who's up for the next movie?" Woohyun raised his hand and everybody agreed as well. There was nothing much to do now that the exams are over and the holidays are starting so we're just going to have a movie marathon today. When my mom comes back, she'll be cooking dinner for the us in order to celebrate our amazing achievement for making it through high school. After which, the following week will be our graduation. And then the day after our graduation will be the day Krystal wants to meet Myungsoo…

I took another glance at Myungsoo but he didn't seem to catch me looking. He kept his eyes fixed on the screen and reached for another slice of pizza. I sighed and took a slice of pizza as well. Maybe I'll just eat my troubles away.

--

We had watched a total of about four movies and I even fell asleep halfway during one of them. It wasn't even because I was tired but I just fell asleep. And apparently, I wasn't the only one. My parents returned home to find a bunch of kids sleeping in front of a movie that's playing. I think the only one that didn't fall asleep was probably Bomi and Myungsoo.

When my mom got back, she immediately went straight to the kitchen to start preparing for our dinner feast tonight. I went up to help her because I felt bad for making her do everything when they're my friends but she insisted that I join the guys in finishing off that last movie.

Once the movie ended, the six of us then proceeded to clean up our mess in the living room. We were sweeping all the pizza crumbs and picking up the popcorn kernels whereas my mother had whipped up a huge feast as the dinner table was filled with all sorts of delicious food.

"Ommoni, daebak!" Howon cried out as he saw the spread. "I'm touched!"

The others thanked my mom and they sat down for dinner. Today didn't feel any different from the other days that the guys came over for dinner. It felt the same with the same amount of noise at the table, except there's more food than usual and the fact that Myungsoo and I seem to be having some sort of strange relationship now. I sighed at the thought of Myungsoo.

"What's wrong?" Woohyun asked since he was sitting next to me he'd probably heard the sigh.

"Eh?" I look at him and then I looked at Myungsoo who was sitting opposite me this time. "Nothing." I brushed it off and started having dinner.

The dinner ended off on a well note because everybody was happy and full. The guys, especially the two Devils, kept making fun of me for not inheriting my mother's amazing cooking skills.

"I'll have those skills someday! Just wait for me!" I retorted the both of them.

As of recently, Myungsoo didn't talk to me much and so I ended up talking more to Bomi and Sunggyu about how university life might be. Even though I kept stealing glances at Myungsoo, he never looked back. It was so obvious that I wanted to talk to him yet he's pretending he didn't sense it.

When it was time for them to finally leave, I was slightly upset because I still haven't manage to have a proper conversation with Myungsoo yet. My brain keeps telling me to do something but my body wouldn't do anything. I'm just dying to talk to him right now but my mouth wouldn't say anything. Actually, there was nothing I could say. I don't even know what to say.

"Bye Jin." One by one they greeted me goodbye and thanked my mom for yet another wonderful meal. Myungsoo was the last to leave. He was putting on his shoes and I called out to him.

"Myung-ah…"

He looked up at me with those bright eyes. "Hmm?"

I looked at his beautiful eyes and then I stopped myself from falling deep into those eyes. "N-nothing. Go home safely. Text me when you're back." I said to him, softly.

He paused for a moment, as if thinking about how to respond to my question. "Okay." He said with a small nod. The both of us stood there and stared at each other. I want to talk to him and maybe he wants to talk to me too and I was just about to ask him if he wants to have a talk when Woohyun called out to him.

"Myung! Let's go!" Woohyun said as they were already at the sidewalk.

"I'll get going first. Bye!" Myungsoo said to me and he even gave me a small smile. I smiled back because he smiled at me. That can't mean anything bad right?

I had received the message about ten minutes later.

I'm home now.

I smiled at that text and thought about what to reply. We haven't been texting each other since that night and it is unusual, considering how much we used to text each other. Let's be brave about this Jin. Let's be brave.

Do you want to meet up for a drink tomorrow?

I actally meant a drink in the café and not what you guys are thinking. I nervously pressed the send button, not knowing how he will reply.

A minute later, the reply came.

For?

I bit my lip. Good question Myungsoo. For what? I'm not sure too but I just figured we need to talk.

Just to talk I guess. Are you sure you're not angry at me?

I asked again just in case he might have been.

I waited for a minute, five minutes, ten minutes, no reply came in. Maybe he is really angry at me. My phone vibrated all of a sudden and then I realised it was Myungsoo who was calling me.

"H-hey." I answered the call nervously.

"Jin." He started with a serious tone. "I'm not angry at you. I'm just…" He didn't continue.

"Just what?" I pressed on.

"I'm sorry if I made you think I was angry at you but I'm not. Really."

"Okay, that's good then. I thought you were angry at me for whatever reason." I said lightly, trying to ease the conversation between us.

"I just needed some time to think."

"Think? About what?" I asked.

"Say, you like Howon right? Would you confess to him first?" Myungsoo suddenly changed the topic. It's been awhile since we've talked about me liking Howon and now that he suddenly mentioned it again, it just seems strange talking about this with him.

"No," I said honestly. "I wouldn't want to ruin the friendship. We're best friends. What if I told him I like him and he doesn't like me back? What's our friendship going to end up like? I can't lose him as a best friend Myung."

"But Woohyun confessed to you and you guys still act like you're close friends."

I thought about it. He's right Woohyun had confessed but we acted like nothing was wrong. "That's because he's Woohyun. He has his way with people. I'm not sure how I am going to face Howon if I ever confessed and he'd rejected me. Wait, why are you asking me this?"

"Nothing. Just wondering." He said nonchalantly and I could imagine him shrugging as he said that.

"Is that what you were thinking about?" I tried to relate it back to what we were talking about earlier. Could it be anything related to Krystal?

"Aniya." He said and I frowned.

"Mwoh yah." I whined. Why is he being so secretive now?

"Nothing. I'll see you tomorrow then." Myungsoo said and my eyes lit up. Great!

"Okay. See you then." I said to him before the both of us hung up.

Our conversation on the phone had seemingly gotten better. It was much better than the whole of today anyways. Myungsoo didn't sound as cold or as distant and I'm having my best friend back.

Just as I was about to text him where and what time to meet, my mom came knocking on my room door.

"Jin-ah, your dad and I were thinking about bringing you to the countryside over the weekends to visit your grandmother now that you're done with your exams. Maybe we can get her to come to your graduation ceremony too." My mother suggested.

"Oh, that sounds good. When?"

"Tomorrow. And then we'll be back on Sunday night for your graduation ceremony on Monday."

I thought about the agreement I just made with Myungsoo but then this is my grandmother we're talking about. "Okay."

After my mom left, I had texted Myungsoo to apologize to him for cancelling our plans.

Mianhe Myung, my mom just told me that I'll be visiting my grandmother over the weekends so I can't make it tomorrow.

It's okay. We can always meet another time.


I closed my eyes and I felt a rush of disappointment. I was looking forward to spending some time with Myungsoo like we usually do but it turns out that that will have to wait for another day.

 

 

 

 

 

 


Soooooooo my exams have officially ended and I have been enjoying my freedom a little too much which is why I took so long to update! But fret not, I AM BACK!!!!!!! HAHAHAHA Here's a chapter of Jin being so confused and regretting almost all her life decisions (like I usually do) but at the same time, she's not giving up! It's not the end until it's the end right? What will happen between Jin and Myungsoo? And then there's Krystal who wants to meet with Myungsoo????? Stay tuned to find out! hahaha that sounded like a tv advertisement. 

Sometimes, I think I'm a little weird but it's okay, we all have our weird moments. or maybe I'm just too happy that the exams have ended and I can finally enjoy my well deserved break. I think I may be drunk on freedom *kisses freedom because I love it so much* I hope my lovely readers are enjoying their time too whether or not you are having a break now! Do leave me a comment on what you think! I actually spent a long time editing before I was satisfied with this chapter so I hope you guys liked it!! ^^ Love you all!!