Chapter 19

A Little Thing About Love

"Jin-ah! Do you want to bring these?" My mom asked as she held up a tank top that I wore when I was probably fifteen. I gawked at that tank top because I'm too old for such childish fashion right now. I will really look like a kid if I wore that.

 

 


"No mom, do I look fifteen to you? I'm eighteen this year! I need to look good." I chuckled as I packed a more mature looking top in my bag. So in two days time, it's the seniors grad trip during our summer break and my mom is helping me to pack because she doesn't trust me to bring everything I need. Geez mom.

"Since when did you start caring about how you look?" My mom joked and I put a hand on my chest, feigning offended.

"Since…" I paused. She was right, since when did I ever care about my appearance? "Yeah, you're right. Since when do I care?" I laughed it off and started packing my stuff for the trip. Of course, I was extremely excited because I've heard from seniors that this trip is the highlight of senior year so I can't wait! I would be looking forward to it more if my besties were in the same class as me and we would be able to travel together but it's alright, at least I have Myungsoo with me.

Just as I was almost done with packing, my phone rang and I picked up after seeing who the caller was.

"Jin, help!"

"What happened? What? What!" I asked as the caller sounded panicky.

"How do I pack for the trip?"

I laughed. I laughed so hard I almost fell onto the floor. So he called me just to ask me how to pack for the trip? This boy.

"Yah, Nam Woohyun! Besides playing basketball, is there anything else you know how to do?"

"Hey! I know how to do many things but packing for a trip isn't one of them!"

"Okay fine, give me five minutes, I'll be there." I said and then I hung up. This Nam Woohyun… His only talent is probably playing basketball and playing basketball. There's nothing else. However, the good thing is, he's really good at basketball and the team has a very high chance of retaining the championship title again this year. After the summer break, the sports competition begins and I'm very excited to watch them play once more. The last time I watched, the basketball players totally blew me away and I wished that Jongin oppa did basketball instead, then I'll be able to see him looking all cool and athletic. Not that I was into Jongin oppa anymore but that was last year.

Since Woohyun's house was near mine, I made it there fairly quickly.

"Ommoni annyeonghaseyo!" I greeted his mom as I stepped into his house. It's been some time since I've met his mom now that she started working again after Woohyun grew older. Woohyun's omma greeted back and told me that a Woohyun is in his room.

Once I step in, I literally had a shock of my life. Now, in my memory, Woohyun's room is a typical guy's room. There were basketball posters around, manga books all stacked in one corner and a pile of clothes in another corner. However this time, as I stepped into his room, it was like a war zone.

"Yah! Are you leaving home? Are you going to war? Are you never coming back?" I said as I tried to make my way into his room without stepping on anything and it was basically impossible. His room was filled with clothes thrown all over, random daily necessities chucked in one bag and thrown to the ground. His personal items were all over the place. The room is basically a war zone. Imagine having a room filled with things and someone picked the room up, shake it as hard as they could and put it back. That's how messy his room is.

Woohyun gave me an awkward smile and scratched the back of his head. "This is why I called you over. Help?" He said in a very cute way, as though he was afraid that I’d beat him into a pulp. I was this close to karate chopping his limbs off for creating such a mess.

With my hands on my hips, I started barking orders at him. "Let's start with your clothes. Pick up everything and sort them out into shirts, pants and shorts. School t-shirts that are needed, pack them nicely in one corner and then we will begin to choose your clothes."

"Yes ma'am!" Woohyun gave me a salute and he began working.

I clapped my hands together, like a supervisor I was. "Chop chop! We've got a long way to go!"

--

It took us four hours. Four hours to pack everything into his bags and get ready for the trip. It was only a five-day trip but why do I feel like I'm packing for Woohyun to leave for a month? I was deadbeat after the packing. Woohyun's mom served us some drinks and she even invited me to stay for dinner. I then stayed for dinner with the Nam's and it was nice to chat with his parents in a long while.

 

After dinner, Woohyun and I went to the convenient store nearby to get some ice cream. Just like old times but an older version of us, we walked to the convenient store and bought the ice cream that we always got when we were young.

"In a blink of an eye, twelve years has passed." Woohyun said as he ate his ice cream under the streetlight. I smiled at his words. We've known each other for twelve years now. Wow. That’s a really long time.

"Twelve years and I'm still stuck with you." I lightly joked and he almost choked on his ice cream.

"Yah! I'm the one stuck with you! I was afraid if I left, you would beat me up!" Woohyun said and I kicked him lightly on the shin. "Yah!"

"Nobody said you couldn't leave." I stuck out my tongue at him before I continue eating my ice cream.

Woohyun then stood super close to me, one arm around my shoulder, the other holding his ice cream. He then looked at the stars. "And I'm glad I didn't." He turned to smile at me and I smiled back.

"Our Namu is growing up already isn't he? Becoming more mature and more serious." I ruffled his hair.

"And he knows how to fend for himself too," Woohyun added. "Thanks for defending me back when we were kids."

I smiled at that memory. Woohyun used to get bullied so much by the neighbourhood kids but Howon and I will always be there to protect him. Now that he's grown into such a strong kid, I'd like to see those bullies try to
pick on him again.

It was a nice trip down memory lane, except that Howon wasn't here. Not that I miss him of course. Maybe just a little? And I found myself wondering about how Howon is doing right now. About his family and everything. How is he coping?

"Now that we're all grown up, it's my turn to protect you Jin." Woohyun broke my train of thoughts.

"Neh?"

"Nothing." Woohyun said and I elbowed him, almost causing him to drop his ice cream. I do miss those worry free days when we were little kids and all we had to worry was what time to get home before our parents start chasing us around the neighbourhood. If possible, I'd like to return to those innocent times once more.

--

It was finally the day of the trip. The day. D-day. I was so excited I almost couldn't sleep last night. I carried my bags with me and headed to school with the others but we had to gather in our classes. Of course, Myungsoo and I were inseparable as we gathered.

Mr Choi was busy taking attendance and the rest of us were busy talking about how much fun we would have on this trip.

"Now students!" He shouted out, loud enough for my entire class to hear. "For this trip to be a fun one for everyone of you, please listen to instructions and follow them. Do not wander off by yourself, always have a partner with you and when we say lights out, we really mean lights out. If there's anything serious, do inform me immediately and I trust that you all have my number." He looked at every one of us and we nodded. "Well, then let's all go on the bus." He said and he led the way. Everybody was whispering in excitement. Even I couldn't wait for this trip to have fun with my friends.

When we got on the bus, obviously, I sat next to Myungsoo but I swear Krystal and Hyuna were somewhere nearby. Myungsoo and I sat somewhere in the middle of the bus and the bus was only half full. Which means that another class had to come up and fill the rest of the empty seats.

As if on cue, Howon came up the bus. Of course it would be his class to fill the empty void right? His class is right next to mine. So anyways, Howon came and sat at the seat right behind Myungsoo and I. His classmate, whose name I did not remember, sat next to him. But no fret, it was a guy.

"Hey guys." Howon greeted us and we turned back to talk to him.

The drive to Busan was about four to five hours or so and there are breaks in between. For the first hour, we were talking and chatting and I even got to know the name of his classmate, Lee Joon. He was a goofy and funny guy and he was also a dancer, that's why the both of them were close. After the first hour, we all got super tired and fell asleep on the bus. Once again, I found myself resting my head on Myungsoo's shoulders and I immediately leaned the other way since I was sitting at the window seat. I mentally slapped myself for doing such things once more. It's just so embarrassing.

When the bus finally reached our destination, we all got off the bus looking extremely excited even though it was already noon. The accommodation looked really amazing since it was at the beachside. It looks kinda like a resort but smaller, despite the many rooms they had. We were then told to report to different areas because the girls’ and guys' accommodation area were separated. That kinda because I was reluctant to leave Myungsoo. I mean, the teachers are probably going to make us pair up within our classes and I had no other girl friends in class besides Jieun and Jooyeon. The two are so close that they'll just room together anyways.

Turns out, I was wrong. Another teacher, Mrs Jang, was in charge of the girls from my class and Howon's class. Instead of getting us to pair up, she had already assigned us in pairs and we were going to have to stick with our buddies for the next five days. Groans were heard everywhere but she maintained her cool and kept a poker face.

"I will read out your names by pairs and hand you your room keys. There will be no switching, no swapping and make sure you're in your own rooms before lights out, so that we can account for you. We wouldn't want any of you to get hurt or go missing so you and your roommates have to keep an eye out for each other."

More groans were heard but Mrs Jang managed to shut us up with a glare. "You are still able to hang out with your friends. Just keep an eye out for each other, you understand?"

"Yes Mrs Jang." Everybody replied reluctantly and she started calling out names. I looked around and prayed that I get either Jieun or Jooyeon as a roommate because I really wasn't close to any other girls in my class. But you know, Jung Yoojin has never been a lucky girl.

With this kind of crappy luck, I should have seen it coming. I should have, but I didn't. When the teacher called out my name, I immediately looked up and then the other name she called out caused my legs to wobble a little. Just a little, because I couldn't be weak in front of her can I?

"Jung Yoojin! Your roommate is Kim Hyuna!"

Hyuna's fierce gaze immediately turned in my direction and I swear she is going pierce me with that sharp gaze. Of course, I couldn't back down as well and I glared back but she was overpowering. I think I lost.

"Are you two coming to get your keys or not?" Mrs Jang disrupted our staring contest and I went up to get our keys. Just my luck, seriously. Just my luck.

Unfortunately, Jieun and Jooyeon did not get each other as well. The three of us sulked as we headed to our rooms together. The good thing is that our rooms were side by side and so the three of us could still hang out when our roommates aren't around. I'm pretty sure Hyuna will head to find Krystal anyways.

Our room was actually pretty big, which is good considering the bad blood between Hyuna and I right now. It's good that we have space so that we don't get in each other's way. I know, I should be talking things out with her and making peace but it's just weird considering how she doesn't want to talk to me.

We packed our rooms in silence. Literally silence because none of us spoke to each other. It was just… awkward. Our only conversation was "which side do you want?" "This side." "Okay." And that was it. After I was done packing, I couldn't stand it anymore and went to find Jieun and Jooyeon. The silence in my room is deafening.

We were given an hour to unpack and then we had to gather for lunch. We had to sit at those wooden benches by the beach as the teachers handed out packed lunch for each class. Looking at my class chomping down the food, I suddenly felt bad because it was paid by Howon's money. It wasn't even his fault neither does it have anything to do with him but he paid for my entire class. The food they're eating came from his pocket. Or his family's but still, it just felt weird to enjoy the food so deliciously. Especially for me.

"Why aren't you eating?" Myungsoo said as he ate next to me.

"This was paid by Howon. How can I eat in peace knowing this is paid by my best friend but nobody else seems to care?"

Even this time, Myungsoo had nothing to say. He paused and he racked his brains but no words came out.

Just at that moment, a group of guys cane over and I could recognize those voices almost immediately. Howon, Woohyun, Sunggyu and even Bomi came along and pulled Myungsoo and I away from our class. We went to another empty table and had our lunch there as a group.

"Ever since school started, we've never missed a single lunch together during the weekdays. Let's keep that streak!" Woohyun said childishly and we all laughed. It was true, we never missed a single lunch period together. That's just how closely knitted we are.

Even so, I stared at Howon. My love rival is my roommate now and it was both our love interest that paid for my entire class's lunch. I just couldn't stomach it knowing that he paid for it. The guilty feeling felt like I was like getting away with a punishment and that didn't feel great.

"Yah Jin, aren't you going to eat? If you aren't, I am." Howon said as he reached out to get a scoop of my lunch and I didn't retaliate. "What's wrong?" He paused before he even took a bite because I never let him steal my food. Not unless there's something wrong anyways.

"You paid for it." I said softly, feeling bad. Howon immediately put down his spoon and sighed.

"I said I was okay with it, so could you please just stop wondering about it and eat? We aren’t having fun unless you're full and have the energy to play." He said as though he was coaxing a little kid to stop being picky about food. Seeing that I still didn't move, Howon picked up my spoon and scooped a spoonful of rice for me. "Do I have to feed you or can you feed yourself?" He held the spoon in front of me.

Reluctantly, I took the spoon in my hands, before everybody else could stare at what Howon was doing. "I can feed myself." And I began eating.

After lunch, we had to gather back into our classes as there was an activity planned for us.

"Partner up with your roommates! We are having a scavenger hunt and it will be done in pairs." Mrs Jang announced and everybody groaned. Including me. Because it meant that I had to partner up with Hyuna and that when she hates my guts.

We then got into pairs despite all the protests and I couldn't wait for it to be over already. Is day one going to end badly because of Hyuna? I decided that I wasn't going to let her affect my wonderful week.

The scavenger hunt was held around the beachside that we are staying and it even extends to the beach itself. When Hyuna and I got the list of things that are included for the hunt, we then finally talked.

"I know where to find that." She pointed to a picture where we both had to go there and take a selfie with the stone. Having nothing to say, I just nodded and followed her lead. So basically, it was just awkward and awkward. I followed her around like a little obedient dog while I watch other groups having fun just figuring out where to find which picture and stuff like that. I mean, she hasn't screamed at me yet so we're all good right? Ever since her apology the last time, our relationship has been like this. Just plain awkward. Well, I'd rather it be an awkward relationship than her saying nasty things at me all over again.

But you know, good things don't last.

So the first ten pairs to actually make it back to the starting line with everything that they're suppose to find actually wins a prize. Maybe that ignited Hyuna's competitive spirit or maybe it's because she didn't want to stick with me any longer, but she seemed super enthusiastic about getting everything done as fast as possible.

And the thing is, we are quick. The last location of the scavenger hunt was a specific part of the beach, with a very specific view of the headlands further away. Even though I don't have that fantastic a memory, we have been walking this place for a while now and I kinda figured out the layout of this beach. And I'm pretty sure the both of us are walking in the wrong direction.

"Hyuna," I spoke meekly, "I think it's the other way."

Hyuna put down the scavenger hunt list and stared at me, as though she was mad at me for challenging her directional skills.

"I'm pretty sure it's this way." She insisted and carried on walking.

I cocked my head in confusion. The part of the headlands with the trees standing tall is the other direction, I'm sure of it. But Hyuna's confidence got me shaken. What if I'm wrong?

"But I remembered that it was the other way?" It came out like a question because I didn't want to impose my views on her.

Maybe that sparked the fuse in her and she couldn't take it anymore. "Are you leading or I'm leading?" She challenged me and I shut up.

The further we walked, the more I'm sure I'm right. Why? Because we are walking in an unknown direction. The surroundings are starting to look unfamiliar and Hyuna insisted that because it's a scavenger hunt, they probably planned this out so that we could explore the entire beach. But boy, the beach is huge. There were other people at the beach as well but I didn't spot any from our high school.

"I'm pretty sure we're walking in the wrong direction." My voice came out strong, not shaken and it had confidence in it. Whoa, how did that even happen?

Hyuna turned to look at me. "Why do you always think you're right?"

I stared at her. "Huh?"

"Everybody thinks you're right. Everybody is always siding with you. How is it that you're always right and I'm always wrong?" She ranted, her breathing got heavier.

Wait, what? What is she even talking about now? Is this about the apology previously? Howon made her apologize right? So it wasn't out of own will but she did it just to please him. So this is about Howon?

"What are you talking about?" I asked, trying to get her to be clearer in case my doubts were wrong.

"Does the world only revolve around you? Is everything you say right? Don't I get my own say at things? Yes, I think it's your fault that our class money went missing but nobody wants to listen to what I have to say. They only listen to you. You said it's not your fault and so it isn't. And I have to apologize for what I think? What makes you so great Jung Yoojin? What makes you so great that Howon has to always side with you?" She breathed out without stopping. So I was right. Oh, the irony.

"Why is this about Howon? If you didn't want to apologize to me you shouldn't." I snapped back.

"You—" Hyuna stopped herself and looked at me with very angry eyes. So angry that I swear she was about to slap me.

"It's because I like him." She confessed to me. "I like Howon."

I was stunned even though I knew it. I knew it but I didn't want to admit it and now it's smack right in my face and I couldn't ignore it if I wanted to. What if Howon liked her back?

"I like him but he…" Hyuna paused. She looked like she was trying to compose herself. "He never said anything about it. Even after I confessed. He treated me like a friend, just as he did before."

I stood there without saying a word. What could I say?

"But you're always beside him. It's to the point that it's annoying."

Wait what? Is Hyuna jealous of me? She's jealous because I'm always near Howon? And here I am, worried and getting jealous that Howon may end up liking Hyuna. Just what is Howon thinking? Even as his oldest friend, I do not know the answer.

Before I could even say anything or Hyuna could even continue, I heard a voice in a distance.

"Jin! Jung Yoojin! Kim Hyuna!" That voice. That voice that haunts us both came ringing from afar and we both turned to see Howon running towards us. Behind Howon came Sunggyu. The both of them looked at us with a worried expression. Uh-oh. We must have been gone too long right?

"Yah, did the both of you not bring your phones with you? Can't you see the time? Can't you pick up our calls? Do you know how worried we are when everybody but the both of you are back?" Howon said without stopping like a train going at full speed. Now that he mentioned it, I felt my pockets and realized that I didn't bring my phone out with me.

"Whoops," I said sheepishly to both of them.

"Yah! This is not funny!" Howon scolded me.

"I really forgot about it!" I defended myself.

Howon then looked to Hyuna, "what about you? What excuses do you have?"

"My phone was charging in the room…" Hyuna managed out. In front of Howon, she seemed like a harmless kitten.

"Well, I'm glad the both of you are safe. Let's head back then. I'll call Woohyun and Myungsoo to let them know you guys are safe." Sunggyu added and he plucked out his phone to make his calls.

"You," Howon pointed a finger at me.

"Me?" I pointed to myself in confusion.

"You are so dead!" He said as he ran up to me and I immediately ran away sensing danger. I had to protect myself from his evil clutches, despite him being so handsome and all.

Obviously, Howon was too fast for me and he managed to get me in a headlock. "Yah! Are you still a kid? Do you not know how to stop making people worry about you?"

"Yah! Lee Howon!" I shouted, trying to free myself from him but he held onto the headlock tighter.

"I'm not letting you out of my sight, you eight year old kid."

I stopped thrashing and he slowly let go of me, only to put his arm around me and walked next to me. He then turned to Hyuna, "you okay?"

She nodded.

"Great," he then continued walking in that position and I swear I could feel Hyuna's gaze piercing through my back.

It ends up that the scavenger hunt was already over and we were in last place. Howon, Sunggyu, Woohyun and Myungsoo were worried about me not being back that they went in different directions to look for us. It's actually also because I didn't answer my phone. When I got back, Woohyun was all over me, making sure I was okay and I had to convince him about a hundred times that I was fine so that he would stop worrying.

The day just ended like that as we had dinner by the beach, while the teachers briefed us about the second day. Which also meant that we had to sit with our classes so our respective teachers could do the briefing. During dinner, I could feel Hyuna's eyes on me like all the time. Was it because Howon had his arm all over me? I felt slightly good about that because it might mean that Howon has no interest in Hyuna? Or maybe he just didn't want to show it in front of me. I was so confused and this overthinking doesn't even help.

"Ugh," I groaned at the confusing thought, causing Myungsoo to look at me.

"What's wrong?"

I gave him my sad face and scooted closer to him to tell him. "Hyuna likes Howon," I started.

"Isn't that known?"

"She said that she's jealous of me. Well, she didn't explicitly say it but she might have meant it that way."

Myungsoo just nodded and I continued.

"She said that Howon didn't show any signs even after she confessed. What does this mean? It means that he doesn't like her right? But she's jealous of me. Does this mean he likes me or is it because I'm his best friend?"

Myungsoo stared at me, I could see him thinking of what to say and I sighed. If Myungsoo had to think, he probably doesn't know as well.

"Jin," he called my name just as I looked down at my dinner. "Whatever it is, know that I'll be here for you okay?"

I looked at my best friend and smiled. "You always know what to say to make me feel better." I felt comforted by the fact that Myungsoo will always be there for me. It's like I know he'll always have my back.

"That's what best friends are for right?" He gave me a light nudge as I took a bite of my dinner, causing me to spill it all over.

"Yah! Kim Myungsoo!" I shouted at him but he just laughed. He still dares to laugh? "You're so dead."

I glared at him but he laughed even more and I reached out to get him into a headlock.

"Ah! Ah!"

After a few more seconds of torturing him, I finally let go and continued with my dinner.

"That'll teach you a lesson." I smirked.

--

At night, when Hyuna and I were back in our rooms, there was this awkward silence and none of us spoke.

I lay down on my bed, not being able to fall asleep as I thought about today's events. Howon's heart… that's still a mystery but I looked over to Hyuna sleeping in the same room as me. I know Myungsoo will kill me for saying this but somehow, I am jealous of her too. Of her beautiful looks, her superb figure and the charm that she has. It's everything that I can never have. If Howon had to only choose between the both of us, who would he pick? At such a time, I hate that I actually have feelings for Howon when I have such a strong rival.

"Just what are you doing to me, Lee Howon?" I whispered softly and then I fell asleep.

--

Day two of the trip, we actually got to tour Busan in the morning. There was a tour bus that took us around and we went to the famous Yongdusan Park. We even went up the tall tower that gave us a beautiful view of Busan. I was literally blown away by the beauty of the place.

Myungsoo was busy snapping away on his camera and I got curious as to how his photos ended up.

"Can I see them?" I asked him.

"Sure."

He showed me his masterpieces. It's no wonder he's from the photography club. The photos turned out really pretty and it sure did the place justice. Just as I switched to the next photo, I almost dropped his camera.

The photo was me smiling away as I admire the beauty of Busan from the top of the tower. It was yet another candid photo.

"Yah!" I punched him lightly. "How many times must I tell you I look horrible in candid photos!"

"You don't look horrible, you look happy." He said as he tried to take back his camera but I spotted something else at the background of the photo. More like someone.

"Isn't that Krystal Jung?" I asked as I pointed to the corner right of the photo. Krystal was there, smiling away and possibly talking to someone.

Myungsoo immediately took back his camera. "I thought you didn't like me to take your candid shots? I'll delete it then." And he just walked away.

"Kim Myungsoo!" I chased after him, trying to get him to talk about the whole Krystal Jung thing again but he wouldn't answer me anything that has to do with her. He just continued taking photos as usual. So does he really like Krystal or not? I just can't tell.

--

After the tour around Yongdusan Park, we went to have lunch at one of the famous restaurants in Busan and it was so good I swear I could have ordered everything on the menu just to try everything. I am falling in love with this place.

So anyways, after a scrumptious lunch, we headed back to the beach and we had free time all to ourselves until dinnertime. The time was allocated to us so that we could enjoy Busan's beach and also have fun there since it was summer break.

Everybody went back to change into their swimsuits so that they could have a dip in the cool ocean. I had worn a tank top and a pair of shorts over my swimsuit and so did every other female student actually. The teachers banned us from bringing bikinis and clothes that were inappropriate. It's because this is a school trip after all. There has to be some decency.

Since this is also a free and easy time, we were allowed to hang out with friends outside from our class and I finally got to have some fun with my besties besides lunch and dinnertime.

I had met Bomi first and she had worn suitable beachwear with her hair bun up neatly. She looked really pretty and I smiled at her. It has been sometime ever since that time that we have spoken. As though nothing was wrong, Bomi smiled back and I was just glad to have my friend back.

"Let's go find the guys." I said and she nodded.

Once we got to the common area, we saw the four guys walking together as though they were filming some music video by the beach or something and gosh, they look good. Well, I mean Howon looked incredibly good but so did the others. Myungsoo, there's no need for words. He has always looked good. Woohyun and Sunggyu wore similar tank tops and their arms reflected how much basketball they have played. The all looked good but of course, my eyes were fixated to Howon.

From that scrawny little boy at the playground to this handsome hunk in front of me, puberty sure did him good. I turned to see Bomi's reaction but she turned away and her ears were pink. Even Bomi is blushing at the sight of our good-looking buddies.

The six of us then headed to the beach and we decided to play beach volleyball. Splitting up into two teams of three, Myungsoo, Sunggyu and I were on the same team and Howon, Woohyun and Bomi on the other team.

I know that the other guys are good at sports, I mean Woohyun and Sunggyu plays basketball and even Howon tried out for the team until he decided that he wanted to dance. But I didn't know that Myungsoo was pretty good as well. It shocked me seeing how some guy who's always in the photography room editing photos could play beach volleyball but maybe it's because guys generally are good at sports. Or maybe I just . I was like the black hole of the team.

Remember when I said I was average at everything? Well, I guess I was wrong because I at beach volleyball.

"Jin watch out!" Sunggyu called out and I saw the ball coming in my direction when I wasn't paying attention. My first instinct was to dodge the ball and then came Myungsoo to take my place and returned the ball. Guess I must have really huh.

Anyway, so we continued playing until we called it quits. I dragged my team down anyway. Howon, Woohyun and Bomi had won but where's the surprise, Howon has always been competitive since we were young.

"Thanks for the win, Jin." He winked as he threw me a bottle of water. I pouted because he was right. My team was great and I probably dragged them down.

"Don't listen to him Jin." Sunggyu said as he came to sit next to me. Woohyun then appeared out of nowhere and sat down right in front of me.

"Jin, you really can't play." Myungsoo said as he shook his head.

"Yah—" before I could even finish my sentence, I screamed because something grabbed my ankles. Wait, it was somebody. Woohyun grabbed both my ankles, holding my legs up in the air and then suddenly I felt my arms being lifted up as well. I screamed and thrashed because Woohyun was holding my ankles and Howon was behind me, holding my arms. They were carrying me towards the sea!

"Yah! Lee Howon! Nam Woohyun! The both of you are dead! Yah! Yah!" I screamed out as we near the sea but they didn't listen.

"One, two, three!" On the count of three, both of them threw me into the sea and I was drenched. When I managed to stand at the shallow water, I saw Woohyun and Howon laughing away. Not only the both of them, but Sunggyu and Myungsoo were laughing near the waters as well.

"Yah! The both of you are dead!" I pointed to Woohyun and Howon. Then I heard Myungsoo's laughter. "Yah Kim Myungsoo! Is this funny to you?" I shouted and decided to change my target to Myungsoo. I splashed some water at him but he started running away.

"Kim Myungsoo!" I shouted and I managed to catch up with him, even though I didn't know how I did it. He must have had mercy on me. "You are so dead Kim Myungsoo!" I said while trying to keep a fierce look in my eyes but Myungsoo just laughed.

"Yah!" I then pulled him with all my might into the water and he might have lost his footing somehow and he fell on top of me. The both of us ended up in the waters and I started splashing him with all that I've got. Not only Myungsoo, I started splashing Sunggyu as well. Sunggyu was the next victim of the devil brothers after me and he's all drenched too. The five of us were just playing in the waters that I didn't realize that someone was missing.

Bomi wasn't there. I paused, looking up, only to see Bomi sitting quietly in the shade. Not wanting to leave her out, I went back to get her to join us.

"Yoon Bomi! Come on, let's go!" I gestured to the sea.

"Aniya, you guys go ahead." She said.

"Come on! It'll be fun!" I turned to look at the guys who were waving back to us. "They're waiting for you!"

"Go ahead Jin, it's not convenient for me to go into the water today." She stood up and then she left without saying another word.

I frowned at her back view, it would have been so much more fun with her there. And besides, I got the feeling that she was still avoiding me instead. Her not being able to enter the water? That's might just be an excuse.

When I got back to where they guys are, Sunggyu immediately popped me a question. "What happened?"

"Bomi's not convenient to go into the water today." I used her lie and I stared at Woohyun, hoping he would know something since he's the closest guy to her but he wouldn't meet my eyes. He kept looking down instead. I made a mental note to talk to Bomi tonight before bedtime. I just felt like I had to.

Nightfall came quickly and I found that I enjoyed day two more than day one. A hell lot more of course. The obvious reason being that I got to spend time with my friends today instead of my love rival roommate who probably hates my guts.

I also noticed during dinnertime that Bomi hardly ate and something just feels wrong. You know when your intuition tells you that something wrong? I just couldn't shake that feeling off that Bomi was hiding something from me.

Just before it was lights out, I went over to find Bomi. Hyuna wasn't even in the room anyways. I'm guessing she went to find Krystal. The thing is, I don't even know what room Bomi is in. I had to look for her classmates and ask around before I managed to find the right room that Bomi was in.

I knocked the door twice, afraid that she may already be asleep but to my luck, she isn't.

When she opened the door, her face immediately paled. "J-Jin!" She looked surprised to see me.

"Can I come in?" I asked.

"L-let's go outside instead."

The both of us then walked to the beachside and sat down at one of the benches they had there. Watching the waves crash on shore, it was oddly calming instead.

"Is your roommate in the room?" I asked, wondering if that's why I couldn't go in.

"Aniya, she went to find her friends." Bomi said as she looked to the ocean in front of us.

I decided to just cut to the chase. "Are you okay Bomi-ah?"

She looked at me, finally.

"Is everything okay? It's the grad trip but you look like you're not enjoying it. Did something happen?"

She tensed up as I continued and I figured that something is wrong. She's hiding something.

Bomi looked at me, wondering if she should tell me anything but the longer she stared, the worse her expression turned. Her eyes became teary and she looked like she was having a hard time. I put my arm around her and she broke down. Bomi was crying. I patted her back, trying to soothe her and calm her down but it doesn't seem like it's working.

"It's okay, it's okay." I whispered out and Bomi kept sobbing.

After a few minutes, she finally calmed herself down but she was still crying. She just wasn't bawling her eyes out anymore.

"Do you want to talk about—"

"Don't." She cut me off. "Don't."

Bomi then stood up even though she was still slightly shaking. I followed her and stood up as well but she took a step back from me.

"Bomi-ah…"

"Don't!" She shouted at me and she was sobbing all over again. "Just don't." She whispered out the last sentence and then she ran off before I could say anything.

I stood there, frozen, not sure what I should even do. This is the second time she refused to talk to me. Should I have gone after her? It seems like she didn't want to tell me what's wrong and I shouldn't be forcing her to speak up if she doesn't want to. Suddenly, somebody else popped into my mind. Nam Woohyun. He might know something that's going on with Bomi right? It all started since the time she met up with Woohyun late at night anyways.

Taking out my phone, I quickly texted Woohyun and asked if he could meet for a short moment. Time was running out because it's soon going to be lights out and we would have to be in bed.

Where are you?

His reply came almost immediately and I quickly texted him back to meet me by the beach. I figured we couldn't be in a very open area or the teachers would definitely spot us and make us return to our rooms but I needed to speak to him. It was important.

After a few minutes or so, Woohyun came running over.

"What's wrong?" He bent down to catch his breath as he was panting hard.

"Yah, where did you come from? Why did you run so hard?" I patted his back.

"Just from my room." He panted even more.

I let out a small laugh because this guy… I didn't even ask him to run.

"Why did you even run?"

Woohyun then gave me a look. "Yah Jin!" He pushed my forehead with his fingers. "Who's the one who called me when it's late at night and asked to meet? You really want to know why I ran? I thought something happened to you!"

I looked at him with grateful eyes. So he ran because he thought I was in trouble. He really is my best friend despite his devil disguise.

"Gomawo. But it's not me who has a problem," I said.

"Huh? Then who?"

"It's Bomi."

At the mention of Bomi, his face fell. Something tells me he knows what's going on. He has to. I mean, if Bomi didn't tell me anything, she might have told Woohyun. She's not as close to the other three guys as she is to Woohyun.

"Remember the kind, sweet and shy Bomi?" I asked. "She shouted at me. She seemed like she was in distress and I didn't want to push her anymore because I've tried to talk to her, twice, and both times she'd refused to talk."

Woohyun turned away.

"She's been avoiding me since the day I saw her outside your house. I figured if anybody would know what's going on with her, it’d be you."

There was silence and I continued.

"If she refuses to talk to me, maybe she'll talk to you. Maybe you already know what's going on. But if you don't, can you please talk to Bomi for me? I'm really worried about her. What if she's going through something really big in her life but we're not there for her? Just talk to her for me, please?" I begged Woohyun. I don't want to see my best friend suffer this way. There has to be someway that I can help her in. Even if it's just emotional support, I still want to be there for her, because she's my best friend.

Woohyun still didn't talk. He kept his gaze on the floor and I could tell he was contemplating if he should let me in on the secret. On Bomi's secret. There has to be some sort of secret right?

"You know something right, Woohyun?"

Woohyun finally looked up and looked at me. He gave a small smile, "Jin-ah." He started. "Bomi's like this because… because she…" His smile disappreared.

"Because she?" I urged him to continue.

Woohyun let out a sigh, "it's because I—"

"Haksaeng!"

Woohyun's voice was cut off by some fierce sounding teacher. Wait, that fierce sounding teacher has a familiar voice.

"Oh my gosh, it's Mr Choi!" I blurted out after seeing his view from afar.

"It's already past the lights out time, what are you two still doing here!"

"Run Jin!" He took my hand before I could even register anything and we fled. I could hear Mr Choi shouting from behind, words that I didn't understand and didn't catch but I was pretty sure he's not impressed that his number one most hated student is breaking the rules, again.

Pulling me with him, Woohyun then led me back to the girl's area. "We'll talk another time okay, go to bed and don't think about it. Don't think about it at all, I will explain everything. Just go to bed. Goodnight, Jin." Woohyun gave me a smile before he ran off. I didn't even get the chance to say my goodbyes but I managed to shout back "goodnight" to him.

I lay in my bed and I noticed that Hyuna was already sleeping. Woohyun said he would explain everything… so he does know what's wrong with Bomi. At least he knows, so he's able to comfort Bomi. That night, I managed to sleep peacefully knowing that Bomi isn't fighting all alone with her problems. She still has Woohyun whom she can confide in.

 

 

 

 

 

 


So.... yet another chapter and cliffhanger about this whole Bomi thing! I'm so sorry guys but be patient with me!! There will definitely be an answer for that (and everything in general, really). Have faith in me!!! Hahahaha okay, I've had a pretty relaxed few days and I'm totally enjoying this small break I have because it was Easter weekend! How did everyone's Easter go! 

Anyways, it's finally break time for Jin and co. but what sort of things will she face this summer???? OoooOoOOoooo hahaha and then there's Howon, which Jin still can't figure out his heart. 

Do let me know what you guys think of the chapter! Reading comments give me stress-relief because it's exciting to see what people really think (I like to see guesses of the story idk why. but I don't give out hints or spoilers too omg I'm so mean :P) Also, any Block B fans around???? I just need to talk to someone about their new release oh my goshhhhhhhh if you haven't heard it, do check it out. The song is called 'A few years later' by Block B and it's just a masterpiece. Besides loving infinite to the core, I'm also a hardcore Block B fan so... heh please check them out!

Okay, enough author rambling! I hope you guys enjoy this chapter and I will see you guys in the next chappie! ^^