Chapter 13

A Little Thing About Love

Monday came quickly and it meant that it's school again. I'm getting really sick of school even though it just started more than three months ago. At the end of this week, it'll be the fourth month. Come to think of it, Myungsoo has really gotten pretty close to us during this short time and none of us had expected it. Especially me, since we both had a rough start. The grad trip was also approaching in less than two month's time and everybody is excited about it. So am I, except for the fact that midterms are soon approaching as well.

Anyways, Sunggyu had actually come to school wearing a jacket today even though the weather wasn't cold yet. The others, especially the ever-curious Woohyun, kept questioning him if he was feeling hot in this weather with a jacket on. Sunggyu had replied him saying that he's feeling pretty chilly and hence the jacket. I swear I had to drag Woohyun away from Sunggyu just to keep Sunggyu safe from the big-mouthed Woohyun. He really did have a lot of questions.

In order to really keep Woohyun in the dark, I dragged Woohyun by his arm and led him all the way to his classroom. The entire time, he wouldn't keep his mouth shut and I had to stop and glare at him before we moved on. Why is he so curious about Sunggyu anyway? I had literally sent him straight to his classroom door and it was just my luck that one of the basketball guys was in his class.

Son Dongwoon. "Wow, so now your girlfriend sends you to class? It makes me wanna date too." He gave a classic smirk as he walked past us straight to the classroom. I stood outside with Woohyun and my jaws dropped. Seriously? Again? That Son Dongwoon must have told his classmates about us "dating" because some of Woohyun's classmates had peered out to take a good look at us. I immediately let go of Woohyun's arm and slapped Woohyun on the chest.

"You go settle your classmates."

"Well, thanks for sending me to class Jin." He winked.

I hit him harder, causing him to groan in pain and I turned to walk away. I'm not going to deal with his nonsense early in the morning. Not more than five steps later, he called my name.

"Jin!"

I turned back to see Woohyun smiling brightly, his smile really radiate through the hallways and I felt like forgiving him that instant. Just that instant.

"See you during lunch." He said, the smile never leaving his face.

I couldn't help but break into a smile as well before I walked off. Sometimes, Woohyun just had that charm to make you forget all your troubles ever existed. He is the happy virus amongst us and deep down, I wish for him to never be sad because he deserves to be smiling always.

As I was heading to class, I saw Myungsoo down the hallway, leaning against a wall, not yet headed to class. Once he saw me, he pushed himself off the wall and headed for my direction.

"Yah, why aren't you in class yet?"

Myungsoo just shrugged, "won't be the same without you there."

"I'll be there in a short while silly." I gave him a weird look. He's just weird sometimes isn't he?

Myungsoo then mumbled something under his breath which I didn't catch but the both of us headed to class together.

"What happened to Sunggyu?" Myungsoo suddenly asked once we took our seats. I nearly choked on my saliva hearing that because it was one thing when Woohyun asked but it was definitely another when Myungsoo asked. It was as though he figured out something is really wrong with Sunggyu and somehow he knew that I knew.

"W-what's wrong with Sunggyu? Isn't he just… sick?" I stuttered and looked away from his gaze, hoping that he buys the lie.

"If you say so." Myungsoo said and I knew by then, he could tell something is wrong. He didn't sound like he bought my lie, he's just waiting for me to fess up. But no, I won't do it. I promised I will never say a thing about Sunggyu's little secret and I won't ever let anyone know.

"Oh ya Myung, you have anything after school today?" I asked casually before class started.

Myungsoo gave it a thought, "nope."

I clasped my hands together. "Great! Go and edit your photos then."

My last sentence left Myungsoo puzzled but class was already starting. Besides, he didn't need to know the reason, he just needs to be busy this afternoon.

--

During lunch, Myungsoo and I were the last to arrive, as usual and the others had already started their meal. More like Howon started eating, as usual. I had taken a seat next to Woohyun and was just about to take a bite of my lunch, Son Dongwoon walked past and he whistled. I set down my spoon and glared at him but he was giving this cheeky smile and making a heart with another basketball guy and I swear I almost threw my lunch at him.

"That's it." I stood up after Dongwoon and his friend left. "I'm not sitting next to you." I said to Woohyun. The whole table looked at me and I made my way over to the other side of the table, taking a seat next to Myungsoo and directly opposite Howon. Woohyun gave me a hurt look and I almost made my way back because of the way his poor eyes looked but nope, I cannot give in.

"Chill Jin, you know they're just kidding." Sunggyu said.

"I spent a year being his 'girlfriend' last year and I don't want to be anymore."

Myungsoo, who was sitting next to me, choked after hearing my words and I had to pat the poor boy on his back. "Yah, are you okay?" I asked softly and he just nodded.

"Well, it was a huge thing last year because Nam Woohyun was one of the star players to help bring home the championship title and so the girlfriend of a star player is a huge thing." Howon explained to Myungsoo who wasn't with us last year.

I stared at him blankly. Why I ought to karate his head off.

"Stop teasing her Howon, it was just a rumour." Bomi added. Why thank you Bomi.

"Well Bomi, this year Nam Woohyun is the captain of the team. It'll really blow up." Howon smirked and gave me a wink. I felt my heart race at his wink but I immediately broke out of my thoughts. What is wrong with me anyways?

"Hey, what's wrong with having a dating rumour with me? I'm a pretty good catch!" Woohyun said out of nowhere and the rest just laughed. After all that talk about him being such a superstar, he doesn't seem like a smart one at that.

Sitting opposite Howon was probably one of the worst decisions I've ever made. It meant I had to look at him most of the time and he was… well, good to look at. Omo Jung Yoojin what is wrong with you? The last time I felt myself being this shy and my heart beating this fast around a guy was when I had a crush on Kim Jongin.

Oh gods, no. This cannot be happening, can it? It dawned on me what I've been feeling these past few weeks. The guy who was always there for me, I have a crush on him?

--

After school I had led Myungsoo out of class first and told him countless of times to head to the photography room to do his photo editing but he was being suspicious of me. Maybe because I am acting suspicious.

"Have you selected a photo for the carnival?"

"Nope." He shook his head.

"Then you better get started." I urged him but he was giving me weird looks. Well, I tried.

After finally getting rid of Myungsoo who got the hint that I didn't want him around, I turned to my other friends from class.

"Let's go!" I smiled and pumped my fist in the air.

Yes, today was the day I had invited Jieun and Jooyeon to my house to finally get started on our biology project. Why today? Because Woohyun and Sunggyu have basketball practice and Howon has dance practice. All I had to do was get rid of Myungsoo and the two of them were safe to come over to my house. I just needed to get rid of those guys who never want to leave my house and then I could finally work in peace. Besides, it'll be weird to have Jieun and Jooyeon over with the rest. Except maybe Myungsoo, but still.

"Omma I'm home!" I shouted and my mom peeped out from the kitchen. I introduce my two friends to my mom and of course, my mom was ecstatic to have guests over. Especially female guest since she says I've been hanging out too much with boys.

"Wow, your house is pretty." Jieun complimented.

"Nah, it's alright." I said.

"So does Myungsoo come over often?" Jooyeon asked.

I scratched my head, not knowing to lie or to say the truth. But since they both know that we are good friends, the truth it is. "Well, I guess?" It came out like a question instead but they took it.

"And your other handsome friends?" Jieun asked hopefully.

"Well, we have been friends a long time so—"

The both of them had cut me off with squeals and I could only laugh. Besides being infatuated with my so-called good looking friends, they are nice to hangout with as well. Especially since I don't usually hangout with anyone outside my circle of friends.

We had started working right after they were done ogling over my so-called good looking besties and my mom even came out to serve us some drinks.

"Do stay for dinner you two." My mom invited. I was about to protest but I forgot momentarily that they weren't the usual gang. Sure, Jieun and Jooyeon could have a meal cooked by my mom but the guys couldn't. They treat my mom like their own personal chef, coming over every now and then to have a meal, not that my mom mind but I do. Okay maybe just a little maybe because I enjoy their company as well. I'm always complaining about them being annoying but at the end of the day, they're the friends I cannot live without.

I guess our limit was an hour. It had only been an hour and the three of us gave up on the project. We started watching Shinee videos on the computer and basically, just not doing what we were supposed to do. Turns out, the three of us are huge fans of Shinee and I'm not even kidding. We were screaming in my living room over who's the hottest in Shinee and I still say Key is. Well, he is my bias. Jieun and Jooyeon stans Minho and Jonghyun respectively but I still say Key.

Anyways, we were having fun for the next hour or so and just then, someone else opened the door and entered my house.

"Ommoni I'm here!"

My jaw dropped. Jieun and Jooyeon were in shock as well. He's not supposed to be here. He’s supposed to be in school, having dance practice! What is he doing in my house? The whole point of getting Jieun and Jooyeon over today was because the others won't be around but here he is, casually walking in my living room.

"Yah Lee Howon! What are you doing here?!" I shouted in my loudest voice possible.

Howon turned to stare at me blankly and before he could reply, a second person walked in.

"Yah! Nam Woohyun! You too?"

Woohyun ignored me and went ahead to greet my mother instead. "Ommoni annyeonghaseyo!"

As if on cue, the third person entered and he was the only one who greeted me. "Hi Jin." He said with a smile on his face and nodded to my two other friends before going on to greeting my mother.

"Gyu…" I was at a loss for words because they shouldn't be here. They should be in school having practice.

The door opened again and this time the two girls gasped a little louder than before. Seeing as to who came in, I managed to speak up again.

"Myungsoo! Aren't you supposed to be in school? Aren't all of you supposed to be having practice?" I asked.

The four guys stood in my living room and stared at me as I stared back, wide eyed.

"Basketball practice was cancelled." Woohyun said innocently.

"Hyuna couldn't make it so it was no point dancing alone." Howon replied.

I stared at Myungsoo and raised an eyebrow.

"I… I really had nothing to do." He shrugged.

"Bomi said she couldn't come. You know her parents." Sunggyu said.

I grumbled in response of the four guys and they casually made their way up to my room. Especially that Myungsoo. I had even given him something to do but he's still here at my house. Turning back to my two friends in the living room, Jieun and Jooyeon were looking at me with those excited eyes and I just shook my head.

"They… They… They're just being rude." I said with a forced laughter.

Jieun and Jooyeon both smiled at me. "Yah, they're so handsome!" I swear I almost puked at that statement but I'm glad they didn't get mad or anything. In fact, they were really really really happy. Seeing the four guys here, I have a feeling they're probably staying for dinner as well.

--

Bingo. During dinnertime, I sat in between my two groups of friends. Howon was sitting next to me and on my other side, it was Jooyeon. Since there were a lot of us at the table, we had to sit pretty close to each other and my hands kept brushing with Howon's. More like my elbows. Howon's skin had felt warm and I think I almost blushed at the contact with his skin. My stupid heart was acting up again when he had taken some of the further dishes for me. Okay, it wasn't only for me, he basically took the plate closer and offered it to me and my other friends too. But my heart was beating out of my chest. See, he is a kind guy, he just loves to tease me for god knows what reasons.

Thank goodness the table wasn't awkward at all. Trust Woohyun to bring the liveliness to my home. He was being his usual talkative self and that helped to ease the awkwardness and he even started casual conversations with my two classmates. Times like this I'm really glad for his talkativeness.

Halfway through dinner, I then reached out to take a piece of the spicy marinated crabs my mom had made. She made non-spicy ones as well but I just wanted to try. Knowing my mom, it wouldn't be very spicy because she knew about my spicy tolerance but when I reached out, my chopsticks were stopped by another pair of chopsticks.

"It's actually really spicy." Myungsoo said. He gave me the concern look because he knew I couldn't take spicy food well from past experiences and I pouted. Pulling my chopsticks back, I reach for the non-spicy ones in front of my instead. Guess he probably did save me back there or I would have had a fire in my mouth right now.

--

After dinner, I had walked my two friends out to the nearest bus stop so that they could go back safely. The bus stop wasn't far away but we had to pass by Woohyun's house.

"Yah, Jung Yoojin, I wonder what good you did in your previous life that you have such handsome best friends." Jieun joked. I laughed at that ridiculous statement because despite them being "handsome" and all, they're actually pretty much the same as any other regular teenage guy.

"Sunggyu is really charming! I think I'm in love." Jooyeon said dreamily as she looked to the sky.

Both Jieun and I had to snap her out of her daze.

"Don't you dare touch Sunggyu alright. He's like a precious, priceless antique. So don't you dare." I warned her lightly. Sunggyu is a very precious person and I just feel like I need to protect him no matter what. He wants to date? His future girlfriend will have to go through me. Okay, I'm exaggerating again but you know how I feel. I just wanted the best for Sunggyu.

"Say, you've been around them for so long, don't you feel anything for them? At least one of them?" Jooyeon asked.

"Yeah! Like in a romantic way?" Jieun added.

Their questions got me to pause and think because I've never really thought of them in a romantic way until maybe recently my stupid heart flips for Howon but do I really like Howon? Is it because he's always there for me and he's treating me way too nice? Could he possibly like me as well? Just what is he thinking?

"Ommo! So you do?!" Jieun said after my silence. The both of them squealed in delight.

"Aniya! I don't!" I lied. "It's just… I've never thought about it so I was thinking… And no, I have never seen them in a romantic kind of way!"

Jooyeon giggled at my response. "You just wait Yoojin. My unnie once had this guy friend that she was super close to and she kept insisting that they were only friends but they ended up dating each other anyways."

"Yah!" I nudged her. It's not going to happen I guess. I mean, excluding Myungsoo, the rest of us have been friends since forever and especially Woohyun and Howon. I have known them even before we entered elementary school and we have remained as friends ever since. So it's possible for guys and girls to be friends right? Things don’t always have to end in a romantic way does it? Even though I have been having these weird feelings for Howon… Maybe it was just in a spur of a moment? Sigh, I don't know what to think anymore, this is getting confusing.

Anyways, so we reached the bus stop where the both of them can take a bus back home. "Thanks for today Yoojin, it was really fun." Jooyeon smiled sweetly.

"Let's watch more Shinee in the future!" Jieun said.

"And get our work done as well!" I added before waving the two of them goodbye.

It was nice to hang out with other friends once in awhile. Jieun and Jooyeon, though they may be slightly boy crazy, I must admit I do enjoy their company a lot.

Walking back home, I'm pretty sure the four guys were still in my room reading their manga or something. If there's no reason, they probably wouldn't leave so early. Just as I took a turn after a street, I realized I was wrong.

The four guys weren't at my home. Three of them were because I am standing face to face with Nam Woohyun right outside of his house. In fact, Woohyun isn't alone. He was standing outside of his home with a girl facing me. Seeing the back view of the girl, I couldn't really tell who she was. She had jet-black curly hair and she was about Bomi's height. Wait… Bomi recently curled her hair. I put my hand to cover my mouth as I realized that the girl standing face to face with Woohyun was actually Bomi!

Woohyun seemed stunned as he gave a pretty stiff expression but his expression softened when he realized I was at the back. He looked at me and smiled brightly. Bomi then turned around as well and she looked like she just had the shock of her life.

"Bomi-ah, Woohyun-ah…" I started but Bomi had already walked in my direction.

"I gotta go. I barely managed to come out. See you guys in school."

"Bomi-ah, Bomi!" I called out but she was already walking away at a super fast speed. That was strange. Bomi usually isn't allowed out this late at night. Her parents are really strict about it so what was she doing in front of Woohyun's house?"

I turned back to Woohyun only to see him adjusting his pants and he gave me an awkward smile. I pointed in the direction Bomi had left in and I wondered, "Bomi came all the way here to meet you?"

Woohyun just shrugged. "She called to say she's outside my house and told me to come out so I ran from your house."

"Isn't it strange? Bomi never leaves her house so late."

Woohyun laughed as though I made a stupid remark. "Yah, what's strange. I'll get going, see you tomorrow Jin." And he ruffled my hair before he went into his house.

I tilted my head in wonder because it's just weird for Bomi to be out so late and why did she look so afraid when she saw me? Did something happen to her and only Woohyun knows about it?

"Strange…" I muttered before I walked back to my own home.

When I got home, I realized I was wrong about the remaining three reading manga on my bed. They were in the living room, at the spot that I sat with Jieun and Jooyeon earlier. The worst part is that they were watching the Shinee videos that we had watched earlier!

"Ommo!" I cried out in shock when I saw the three of them having their eyes glued to Shinee.

"Wow Jin, they're not bad." Myungsoo complimented and I gave him a fist bump. He has good taste in music, this one.

"Nah, they're alright. I think I dance better than that skinny guy anyways." Howon pointed to Taemin and I almost pulled him into a headlock.

"Yah! Don't you dare insult them! Since you're so good, how come I don't see you dancing half as good as Taeminnie!" I glared at Howon, trying to calm my beating heart down.

He leaned in closer to me and gave me a smirk. "Oh, you'll see during the carnival."

My heart had skipped a beat when he leaned close but when he mentioned the carnival, all thoughts were directed to Hyuna. She was going to be his dance partner and since he has a partner, I wonder what kind of dance will it be. A touchy one? A y one? I bet it requires a lot of skinship as well and that just saddens me.

"They're amazingly talented Jin." Sunggyu game me the thumbs up and I smiled at him in return. Sunggyu has good taste too. All except for Howon.

"Forget those skinny guys, let's watch a movie instead." Howon said as he started to rack my shelves for movies to play.

I stared at him in disbelief because it's only a Monday today and there's school tomorrow but he wants to watch a movie now? How are we even able to make it to school on time tomorrow? Besides, Woohyun isn't here and if he finds out, there will be world war three. "Aniya, there's school tomorrow and Woohyun and Bomi aren't here."

"We'll watch something old then. We'll leave those newer ones till Woohyun and Bomi is here." He flashed me a smile that I couldn't say no to. Sunggyu and Myungsoo seemed to be okay with it as well.

"We'll leave immediately after it ends." Myungsoo said and I finally gave in.

"Yay! I'll go grab the popcorn!" Sunggyu offered and Myungsoo went along with him to the kitchen to help.

I stared at Howon who was busy picking old movies and deciding which one to watch when I realized that this might just be an excuse for him to go back late. Which also means he probably had another fight with his family.

"Howon-ah," I asked softly.

"Neh?" He replied but not looking up from the movie collection.

"Did something happen at home again?" My voice lowered, as if I was whispering.

Howon finally stopped what he was doing and slowly looked up at me. His eyes reflected sadness and by then I knew something were wrong. I just didn't want to press on because Howon would have hated it. I know him too well. He was never the kind to share his burden with other people but yet, keep in all inside to himself.

"You can always tell me you know, you can trust me." I continued.

"Thank you Jin." Howon softened up. As if on cue, the other two returned from the kitchen with popcorn, ready for the movie.

Howon had selected an old movie, the breakfast club, which I love because it talks about five high school friends. Even though those five didn't come from the same clique, they somehow managed to form a friendship through detention and got to know each other better. It will always be one of the classics that I enjoy the most.

I sat next to Myungsoo, followed by Howon and Sunggyu. However, despite me really liking this movie, I was feeling slightly tired when the movie started. I'm pretty sure I dozed off somewhere in the middle and I had my head resting on Myungsoo's shoulders. It was embarrassing when I woke up to realize that I had been leaning on him but he didn't even say a word about it. I guess I probably did it again because after waking up for that short while, I somehow managed to fall asleep again and it was so comfortable that I didn't wake up.

 

--

 

I had slept through the night and when I woke up the next morning, I was on my bed. How did I get onto my bed? I don’t know because the last thing I remember was falling asleep on Myungsoo's shoulders. Gosh, that was so embarrassing!

 

Seems like the rest had done their part in keeping my house clean before they left because I couldn't even find a single popcorn on the couch the next morning. So here, a brand new day, a brand new start for school. Not that I will ever be ready for school but somehow for once, I wasn't rushing out to meet the others. I had ample time and I think it was because I had a good night's sleep last night.

 

 

 

 

 

 


For those who were heartbroken the previous chapter, here's a more lighthearted chapter! Sorry I wasn't able to update within the time frame I usually do and I would just like to say that I may only be able to update maybe once every 4 days (or sometimes more) unlike the every 3 days in the past. It's becuase school just got busier and I think I will be getting busier throughout the semester so please bear with me! 

Anyways, boring apologies aside, I hope you guys are cured of the heartbreak from the previous chapter and enjoyed this chapter! Not so much of cute interactions but it seems like Jin is figuring her heart out??? Also, seeing that there are so many Hoya x Jin shippers, I think it's time for the ship to have a name. How does Hojin sound everybody? Hahaha let me know if you have a better name! And as usual, let me know what you think of the chapter! Even though I may be busy but replying my readers is one of the things I love to do and the comments just make my day. Have a good week y'all!! It's a Monday and school is blehhhh but we can all make it through the week yeah! ^^