Chapter 24

A Little Thing About Love

Just like that, summer vacation ended. Just like that. It was in a blink of an eye and I can't believe it just ended like that!


I was basically just groaning all the way to school and the others were laughing at me. "Bomi-ah… save me!" I went up to her and linked arms with her but she just laughed.

"Jin, there's half a year more. You can do this! Fighting!" She encouraged me but I pouted. I can't do this. I'm not ready for school again. I'm not ready!

The six of us headed to school together just like old times and I'm glad that I finally settled things with Bomi. It finally felt like things were the way they used to be before and I missed that feeling. It was great having Bomi beside me once again. We promised never to mention about the incident ever again and it stays a secret between the both of us. Until we die.

Or maybe not just the both of us because Bomi decided to tell Mr Choi all about it. She decided that she should be honest and admit her mistake before things escalated into something even bigger. What if the school called the police? That would be worse. I promised Bomi that I’d be with her when she goes to look for Mr Choi so that I can insist that we've settled things and maybe beg Mr Choi for a lighter punishment. Bomi is a model student, achieving really good results since young and this can't be the black dot in her perfect record. I can't be the reason why she's left with a record.

Also happening this second half of the year, the sports competitions are starting. Which also means that the basketball competition is coming up. In fact, the first match of the preliminary rounds starts this week for the guys. I really hope they make it to the finals again. They've been working so hard throughout the entire year! They were born for this. However, Sunggyu's sprained wrist was still bandaged and I wonder how is he going to play in that condition. I really hope he rests his arm instead of pushing himself even more.

Woohyun got so worked up seeing Sunggyu's wrist like that. I'm sure Woohyun looked more stress than ever because his right hand man on court is injured.

"I can still play." Sunggyu insisted but I cut into the conversation before Woohyun could reply.

"Don't let him play." I said. "He can't play with that wrist!"

"Jin…" Sunggyu tugged onto my elbow.

"Gyu-ah, she's right. You can't play like that." Woohyun said.

"We'll see after I remove the bandage." Sunggyu said walked into the school compounds.

"Andwae!" I whined and followed after him, nagging him once more about resting his wrist.

So school was more intense than ever. The teachers never failed to remind us again and again about the final college entrance test coming up at the end of the year and we were all sick of hearing it. At least I was. I sat next to Myungsoo and rested my chin on my hand.

"Don't fall asleep Jin." Myungsoo whispered in my ear.

"I'm trying." I whispered back.

Myungsoo then wrote something on a piece of paper and slide it over to me. He wrote on it:

SEOUL NATIONAL UNIVERSITY

I sat up straight and listened more attentively than ever. I have to get in. I have to get in! My friends are most probably going to make it so I have to as well! I could literally hear Myungsoo chuckling next to me as I straightened myself and I lightly nudged him for laughing at me. That boy.

But it kind of worked. With that motivation in mind, I paid attention to the lessons the rest of the day and I wondered why didn't I do this earlier? Maybe I could have been so much smarter than I am right now.

Lunchtime was normal for us except for that fact that someone was very interested in Myungsoo. And by that someone, I mean Krystal.

She came over to our table with Hyuna and went straight up to Myungsoo. Giving him her perfect smile, she placed a packet of milk down for him and walked away with her best friend. Hyuna had waved a little goodbye to Howon before she left. Looks like their dance practice is going to start again now that school has resumed. That thought gave me shudders.

Everybody at our table was shocked. I guess they might know Krystal was sort of into Myungsoo but for her to be so brave and deliver a packet of milk just for him? It's just so damn courageous! Even the other guys near our table were watching because let's face it, Krystal is one of the most sought after girls in school. She's literally the prettiest girl in school. Even Hyuna doesn't beat her beauty.

"Myung!" I exclaimed after she left. The other guys at the table made whistling sounds. And Woohyun was patting Myungsoo on the back.

"Hottest girl after the second hottest guy in school?!" He joked.

"Wait, why is he second hottest? He's the hottest!" I said unknowingly and then I realized what I just said. Oh gosh, Jung Yoojin, can you be more embarrassing than that?

Woohyun stiffened and he looked at me, "am I not the hottest?" He winked and I almost choked on my saliva. That joker.

I still haven't forgotten about when Woohyun said that he likes me but I'm glad he's not pushing it or anything but just acting normally around me. I really appreciate that.

"Yah, stop making a fuss out of it guys. It's just a packet of milk." Myungsoo said coolly.

"Look at this handsome man playing it all cool!" Howon and I laughed.

"Guys, we have to hear what Myung thinks first." Sunggyu defended him.

"Thanks Gyu," Myungsoo said. "She's just a classmate, a friend. That's it." He defended himself and he looked at me straight in the eye. Maybe it's because I had too often about it.

I bit my lip and continue eating my lunch before I could add in anything else about Myungsoo and Krystal. Maybe they didn't know he went out with her during the summer break. But they didn't need to know. I'm pretty sure if I told the others, Myungsoo will kill me. He'll be plastering all my unglamorous candid shots all over school. I shivered at the thought of the others seeing those photos.

"Yah! She's looking over! Better drink that milk!" Woohyun said excitedly. Looks like someone else is more excited than me about their relationship.

Myungsoo was staring at me the entire time and I couldn't figure out what that stare was for. A call for help?

"Stop teasing him guys." I added in, which kind of surprised everyone at the table because they all stared at me. Even Bomi stared at me.

Myungsoo gave me a look of thanks.

"Omo, what's with this Jin? Weren't you the one always teasing him?" Howon said and I laughed.

"Only I can ." I stuck my tongue out at him.

"What's with this possessiveness?" Howon said and even Woohyun's eyes sprang up.

Whoops, that came out wrong again.

"Let's just forget about it." Myungsoo spoke up and he took the milk and drank it all in one shot. He then looked towards Krystal and gave her a small nod. And that was the end of our lunch fiesta.

After lunch, I had an even greater urge to fall asleep. Myungsoo kept nudging me to keep me awake and I really tried but it was so hard. This after lunch syndrome is real.

Finally, school came to an end and I was so happy about it. I survived day one of the second half of the school term! I was kinda proud of myself for that one. But the both of us have to continue working on our pieces for the carnival. Everybody in school was busy about the carnival.

There was a carnival committee and they were in charge of designating what each class should do for their booths at the carnival. Those who aren't in clubs that were working on their showcase or aren't in sports, they had to help out with the preparation of the booths. Luckily for me, I had the art club and I didn't need to help out with the preparation of the booths. It looks like hard work.

So basically, Howon had dance practice today. Ugh, with Hyuna. And I tried hard not to think about it too much. Sunggyu and Woohyun had basketball practice but I reminded Woohyun once again that Sunggyu should be resting instead and he agreed. Myungsoo and I had to go to our clubrooms to finish up our pieces for the showcase and Bomi was helping her class with the preparation of the booths. The carnival was coming in about a month and a half's time. It's just after all the sports competitions and that also mean I have to finish up my art piece before then. I better speed up.

First things first, Bomi and I had to go to Mr Choi to tell him the truth.

We were headed to the teachers’ office when Bomi was shaking intensely. She was really afraid. I could tell. I took her hand, assuring her that it'll be find and that it is very brave of her to even come out to admit her mistake in the first place.

"You can do this." I gave her strength and she gave me a small nod. Bomi and I then took heavy steps into the teachers' office.

"Mr Choi…" Bomi started as Mr Choi was writing away his report for I don't even know what. It's only the first day of school and he has reports to write.

"I… I…" Bomi couldn't bring herself to say the words.

Mr Choi took off his glasses and turned to face both of us, giving us full attention. I swear my legs turned into lead and I couldn't even move a muscle under his fierce faze. I can never stop being afraid of him.

"Iwastheonewhotookthemoney!" Bomi said without even pausing.

Mr Choi furrowed his eyebrows, "come again?"

Bomi took a deep breath this time. "I was the one who took the money." She said this time, firmly. "I took it. I saw that there was nobody in class and I took it, despite knowing that there will be dire consequences. So I am here now to face my punishment."

I could see from the corner of my eyes that Bomi was grasping onto her hands really tightly and she shut her eyes right after confessing.

"She returned the money back to me and I returned it to Howon. I counted, she didn't take a single cent." I defended Bomi quickly before Mr Choi could say anything else.

He then cleared his throat and gave a more than serious face. I tensed the up because I was really scared as heck.

"Yoon Bomi." He said.

"N-neh?"

"You have been a model student since the start of high school. Never missing classes, never getting detention, always getting good grades, you do know that this behaviour is very disappointing."

"I know." Bomi said sadly and I really felt like screaming at Mr Choi that she has learned her mistake and she's willing to change! She's not going to do it again, I'm sure of it! Mr Choi, open your eyes to see how guilty she already is!

"This could affect your university scholarships and applications, you know that?"

Bomi tensed up at that. She had a legacy to continue. Her brother is in Seoul National University; she had to get in too. "I-I understand." She sounded like she was going to cry.

"Are you still willing to take up your punishment?"

Bomi looked up at Mr Choi.

"Mr Choi," I cut in before Bomi could say anything. "She has already repented, she feels really bad about it and she never used any of the money. I can vouch for her. Please be lenient on her? Please? Bomi's great. She has a great future ahead of her and she can't let this silly mistake stop her from achieving what she has yet to achieve." I was already desperate for Mr Choi to be lenient on her and I was praying silently in my heart. Please, please, please, just please!

"Yoojin, can I talk now?" Mr Choi asked me and I paled.

"Y-yes."

"You do have a great future ahead of you Bomi haksaeng, and I want you to know that your actions have disappointed many people around you. Not only Yoojin, who is you friend, but your teachers who have believed in you."

Bomi looked down and I was still praying hard that she doesn't have too severe a punishment.

"So I want you to write a reflective essay on what you did wrong and how you think your actions have affected the people around you." Mr Choi looked towards me and I froze even more than I already am. If that is even possible.

"After which, since the carnival is coming up and students are busy preparing for it, I want you to serve detention for a month after the carnival."

"Mr Choi! Bomi has a perfect record of no detentions!" I pointed out. This could affect her scholarship applications and what not.

Mr Choi ignored my comment and signed on a piece of paper and handed it to Bomi. I looked at it and I sighed in relief. It was just a piece of paper. It wasn't the official detention slip.

"I want you to do your reflection properly Yoon Bomi. You two may leave now."

"Mr Choi… kamsahamnida!" I bowed ninety degrees before I left the office. Bomi couldn't stop thanking Mr Choi and she looked more relieved than ever. Mr Choi had given Bomi a detention slip on a normal piece of paper. It wasn't the official slip of paper that shows a record of the detention and the reason but it was just a normal slip of paper. It wouldn't leave any official record. He had trusted that she would turn up on her own accord.

"Thank you Jin, for coming with me. I wouldn't have known what to do if I went alone." Bomi said after we left the office.

"It's not big deal Bomi, I would have been scared to my wits in there alone too." I smiled at her.

"I'm serious. Thank you for forgiving me and also going to face the teacher you're most afraid of with me." Bomi looked so touched that she seemed like she was going to cry again.

"Right." I almost forgot that I am his number one most hated student. I face palmed myself for being so brave in front of him.

"What's wrong?" Bomi asked.

"What I did back there… I think Mr Choi is going to hate my guts even more." I fake sobbed and Bomi just laughed.

"You were brave too Jin."

"Really?" I smiled at the thought of actually being brave.

"You're the best." She nudged me lightly and I hooked my arm through hers as we went back to our classroom to get our stuff.

When I got back to my own class, I saw that Myungsoo was still there waiting for me. We decided to go to our clubrooms together since they are side by side anyways. I'm just glad he didn't ask me why I went away but I just told him that I had to settle something with Bomi.

So, Myungsoo and I walked to our club rooms and I was really curious as to what Myungsoo's showcase piece was going to be.

"You'll see during the carnival itself." He replied.

"Why are you being so secretive about it?" I tried to follow him into the club room but he had blocked the entrance with his hand.

"This room is exclusively for photography club members only." He stressed and I scoffed.

"Psh, I'm not even that interested in your work anyways." I said sarcastically when in actual fact, I really am curious. He's really an amazing photographer and I wonder what kind of photos he's going to showcase.

I then walked off with a flick of my hair just to be dramatic but Myungsoo called me back.

"Jin," he said as he rested against the door, looking as handsome as always. Wait, what? But he is really good looking. "Do drop by during the carnival." He smiled.

"Of course I will." I smiled back. What was he thinking that I wouldn’t be there? Wouldn’t miss his photos for the world. "Be sure that you do too."

I then went to the art clubroom to continue with my art piece. It's going to be amazing, I can feel it already. I spent so long on this piece and I feel proud of it. It's almost done but I still have some colours to add and tones to even out. There's still a long way to go but I can already picture how the final things is going to look like.

After an hour and a half or so, there was a knock on the door and I went to get it.

When I opened the door, there was a can of grape juice that came flying towards me and if it wasn't for a fast reflexes, it would have hit me straight in the eye.

"Wanna take a break?" Myungsoo said calmly.

I looked at my art piece and decided that yeah, I could use a break. "But not the dance studios this time. I can't stand to look at the both of them together. I don't think my heart can take it." I referred to the last time we went to the dance studios and saw Hyuna kissing Howon.

"To the fields then?" Myungsoo said.

"Let's go spy on the basketball guys in practice." I whispered as if that was something bad and he laughed.

There were actually other people at the basketball court too, catching them in action as they practice for the upcoming competitions. Mostly girls who came to ogle at the basketball guys anyways. Myungsoo and I sat there and just watched the guys practice and I was happy that Sunggyu wasn't there with the others. But he was nowhere to be seen.

"Where's Gyu?" I asked Myungsoo if he could spot Sunggyu as well but Myungsoo couldn't spot him too.

"Where'd he go?" Myungsoo asked and I shrugged. Maybe he was just resting since he was injured.

We were watching the guys split into teams and they were practicing against each other. Woohyun, being the awesomely cool captain he was, directed the others on how their defence should be and he made a break for it when he spot an opening. He made a really cool and clean layup and some of the girls there cheered for him. Even I did. Woohyun then turned towards the bleachers and gave a smile. The other girls swooned. Gosh, he's such a tease. And then I think he noticed Myungsoo and I at the bleachers. He waved frantically at us and we waved back.

After he spotted us at the bleachers, he would glance over every now and then to check on us. I felt bad because we may be distracting him when he should be focused on his practice.

"Are we distracting Woohyun? He seems to be looking over a lot." I said to Myungsoo.

"You tell me why he's distracted." Myungsoo replied and I stiffened. What's with his reply? It can't be because of me right? I mean… Woohyun and his feelings for me… Wait does Myungsoo know?

"Myung—"

"Jin!" That familiar voice called out.

I turned back and it was Woohyun running in our direction. The guys were taking a break and Woohyun over came to find us.

"Woohyun-ah!"

He had a wide smile on his face and he doesn't look tired at all despite him still sweating it all out. The other guys were looking at us and I could tell from Dongwoon's face what he was thinking.

"What are you guys doing here?" Woohyun asked.

"We're just taking a break and we decided to just see how your training is going." Myungsoo replied for me.

"Wait for us to be done okay, let's go back together." Woohyun said as he emptied his bottle of water in a second.

"Arraso." I said and then a bottle came flying my way.

It was Woohyun's empty bottle. He gave me this wide smile and a wink. "Thank you?" He finally said the magic word. It came out sounding like a question more than a statement of thanks and I laughed at our inside joke. So he finally said it after so long of haunting him for those words.

Myungsoo and I then headed for the water cooler together to help Woohyun fill his bottle when we saw Sunggyu coming back from the direction we were heading to.

"Oh! Gyu!" I exclaimed when I saw him because he was covered in sweat. Even if he still had the bandage on his wrist. "What did you do?!" I demanded from the hurt boy.

"I… errr… I went to run?" Sunggyu said meekly and I swear I almost hit him for being so stubborn. He was supposed to rest!

"Yah Kim Sunggyu!" I scolded him.

"I know I know," he defended himself. "But I had to at least maintain my stamina. It's a crucial time for us Jin, I can't pull the team down."

"What are you going to do about that hand now? You're covered in sweat!" I pointed to his bad hand.

"I'm removing this soon. Don't worry too much Jin, I can take care of myself." Sunggyu reassured me and I frowned. He's making me worry even more at this rate.

"See you around Myung."

Sunggyu then greeted Myungsoo and jogged off, back to the basketball courts and I stared at his back view. I am worried about him. So much. What if he injures those hands again?

The both of us then continued to head to the water coolers to get Woohyun's bottle filled.

"Jin." Myungsoo called out my name in a really serious tone as we neared the water coolers.

"Neh?"

"I know, you might know the real reason and you wouldn't be able to tell me, but I'm worried for Sunggyu as well." I froze. Myungsoo had said in a really serious manner and I swear I'm having goosebumps right now.

"W-what?" I tried to feign dumb and went to fill the bottle with water.

"You can't lie well Jin. I know you know."

I tried not to face Myungsoo because yeah, I'm not a good liar and if I looked at him, I wouldn't even be able to lie at all.

"Aniya." I said nervously as I shifted on my heels.

Myungsoo had turned me around as he placed a hand on my shoulders. "I don't know about you, but to me, it's obvious. From the time Gyu wore long sleeves on a hot day? I saw it after he stopped wearing those sleeves. There were obvious bruises. And then now a sprained wrist? In the middle of the night? Something is definitely wrong."

I froze. It's not my secret to tell. I can't tell Myungsoo. I kept my mouth shut and Myungsoo was still looking at me, trying to burn a hole with his fierce gaze.

"I know you can't tell me the reason why." Myungsoo relaxed a little and I finally managed to breathe. "But I really hope it's not… not his family or anything."

I gasped. How is Myungsoo always so spot on?

"Myung, I promised not to tell because it's not my secret to tell but I'll promise you that I'm there for him." I said, hopefully Myungsoo will be reassured and drop the subject.

He just nodded and the both of us headed back to the basketball courts with Woohyun's water bottle.

"What took you so long?" Woohyun said once he spotted us.

"There was a queue." I threw his bottle at him.

Woohyun being Woohyun, always having a smile on his face, he just laughed at said that he'll see us later and headed back for practice.

The both of us decided that we've spent too much time away and went back to our respective rooms to continue with our pieces. Me with my art piece and Myungsoo with his editing. But before we even got back, Myungsoo and his keen senses strikes again.

"So Jin… what do you think about Woohyun?"

I nearly tripped over flat ground and I turned to face him with my eyes wide open.

He gave me the "what" stare and shrug and I was busy scanning this guy with my eyes. Can he read minds? How does he know everything? Is he reading what I’m thinking right now? Hello? Myung, can you hear me?

"What about him?" I challenged Myungsoo, as if I didn't know what he was asking about.

Myungsoo then leaned in close to me and I was trying to keep a distance because he was too close to me! Or maybe because I just wanted to avoid hearing what he has to say. I could feel my face flush as he leaned in closer.

"He likes you, right?" Myungsoo whispered.

"Yah!" I shouted at the top of my lungs and hit him slightly in the chest. That caused everybody else at the corridors to look at us and I flushed even redder due to the attention. "Yah!" I whispered-shouted back at him.

Myungsoo said nothing but just smiled his cheeky smile and I knew by then, he wasn't even asking because he wanted confirmation. He just knew.

"How did you know?" I whispered again.

"It's obvious Jin."

"What? How is it obvious? How is it I didn't see it?"

Myungsoo stopped in his tracks and turned to face me. "Excluding you, it's actually obvious to everyone of us. Only you can't tell."

I stared at his perfect face. Wait, so everybody else could tell?

"They could tell that Bomi likes him too." Myungsoo added softly and I almost choked on my saliva.

"What?!" I said it too loudly once again.

"Bomi told you didn't she? I figured there had to be a reason why Bomi was missing in action for a while. Am I right?"

Gosh, technically, Myungsoo is right. He's right about everything he has mentioned so far. With the exception that there's still other reasons as to why Bomi didn't join us for awhile.

I stared at this wannabe detective in front of me. How is it that nothing escapes him? I then proceeded to tell him about Bomi confessing to Woohyun but Woohyun said he likes me and then Bomi got jealous blah blah but I skipped out on the part where Bomi took the money. He doesn't need to know that and I promised myself that it's going to remain a secret until I die.

Myungsoo just nodded away like he already knew everything, which he did, in actual fact. He already knows so much.

"So… you and Woohyun…" Myungsoo started but I shot him back.

"We're still good friends. I mean, I don't want to ruin our friendship. I've known him since we were six. I've basically known him all my life so I don't want to lose a friend like him. And he says he's not going to treat me any differently but he just wants me to accept that he'll continue liking me… am I a bad person for not stopping it Myung?"

I thought about how selfish it is for me to continue to have Woohyun by my side like a good friend but I might hurt him since I cannot reciprocate his feelings.

"You can't stop him from liking you. Nobody can stop feelings." Myungsoo assured me. "You're not a bad person too. More than anything, you're a good person for being considerate."

"And I like Howon too… I didn't even tell him that."

"Don't make yourself feel any smaller than you are Jin. You're not a bad person. Not at all. Sometimes, we're just selfish with our feelings. Just sometimes, you're allowed to be selfish."

I almost wanted to give him a hug but I stopped myself because that would just be weird right?

"You always, always know the best words to say Myung." I gave him a thumbs up.

He ruffled my hair and then we parted ways to finish up on our project. "See you later." He called out before heading into the photography clubroom and I head into mine.

Did I mention I absolutely adore Myungsoo and his wise words?

After the basketball practice has ended, Myungsoo and I then headed off to find the guys to head back home and we found Howon on his way to the basketball courts as well.

Howon had just ended his dance practice and he was covered in sweat. He wore a tight fitted black tank top, which accentuated his good figure, and I swear I almost drooled. Okay, I'm just kidding I'm not that gross. He just looked really good and I have to say, he really did grew up well.

However, the thought of him dancing with Hyuna in that tank top drove me crazy. I couldn't imagine him having that much skinship with Hyuna. I just couldn't. Not when Hyuna likes him too.

"How was dance practice?" I asked him casually, trying not to sound really obviously that I disliked him having dance practice with a certain love rival.

"It was great! You'll have to watch it during the carnival Jin. Can't wait for you guys to see it." Howon replied with a smile on his face.

Uh-oh. No way am I excited to see him dance with Hyuna that way. Nope. Seeing him dance solo? That'll be great. But together with Hyuna? Nope.

"We'll definitely look forward to the dance God doing his thing." Myungsoo added and gave me a smirk. He knows… oh that devil-in-training knows.

I had quickly texted Bomi saying that we were at the basketball courts and she should find us once she's done with her booth preparation so that we could head home together. The basketball guys were already cooling down and wrapping things up to call it a day. Seeing them practice so hard makes me look forward to watching them play even more. With the exception of Sunggyu. He needs to rest.

Bomi came once she was done and the basketball guys were done packing up. It was time for the six of us to head home after a tiring first day of school in the second semester. As we walked back home from school together, Howon and Sunggyu were walking in front of me and Howon was really distracting. He was infiltrating my mind as I walked next to Myungsoo without speaking.

It was only until I heard the conversation going on behind me that I found myself drawn away from Howon.

"Here, this is for you." I heard Bomi's soft voice as she spoke to Woohyun.

"What's that?" Woohyun asked.

"Just an energy drink." Bomi said. I was kinda eavesdropping but I didn't want to make it too obvious as well until I received a nudge from my side. It was Myungsoo who nudged me. I looked at him but he kept his eyes straight ahead. He must have been listening to their conversation as well.

"If you don't want, I'll just give it to Sunggyu—"

"I'll take it. Thanks."

There was then awkward silence behind us and I had to resist the urge to turn around. I should leave the both of them to settle things on their own instead of barging in. Things were slightly different between the both of them, I can tell. Bomi became more expressive about her feelings but Woohyun… He made it clear to me that he would still continue to like me and he hopes that I don't stop him from doing so.

"I told you it was obvious." Myungsoo whispered to me and I frowned. How is it obvious? I can't tell until I found out. Only then, it was obvious to me that Bomi likes Woohyun. What is wrong with my eyes?

So anyways, we walked back home and the guys came over for dinner again. As usual. If only Bomi could join us but she said that her parents wouldn't allow since school has started.

"Why don't we go over someday?" Howon said before we parted.

Bomi looked at me, as if signalling me for help. She mentioned to me that she didn't want her parents to be critical of us so she had never invited us over and I understand her dilemma.

"Bomi's parents—" I started but I was cut off by Bomi herself.

"I'll try asking." She looked at me with a small grin, "I'll ask them and you guys can come over some time."

"Asa!" Sunggyu cheered with a fist pump and Howon cheered even louder.

"Yah, why are you so happy about it?" I laughed at him.

He gave me a knowing smile, "I love other people's houses don't you know that?" He then winked.

"How about your house Howon? We've never been there." Woohyun asked out of the blue and both Howon and I were stunned.

"Andwae!" The both of us said at the same time.

Oh no, Jung Yoojin why did you do that? Now everybody is staring at not Howon, but me. Especially Woohyun, he was giving me a weird stare.

"Since when are you his house keeper?" He asked and I flushed.

Quick, think of something quick!

"Jin has been to my house before, when we were around… five? Before we met you." Howon started, trying to think of some lie but I couldn't think of anything. "My house is a mess. She hates it." Howon looked at me, trying to get me to play along.

"Y-yeah! It's worse than your room Woohyun. I mean, look at him!" I pointed to Howon's face, as if accusing him to be dirty. "I am scared of that place." I said.

"Yeah, so let's not go there. Don't even think about it." Howon added in.

"But if we've survived Woohyun's room, I think we can survive anything." Sunggyu chipped in.

"Yah! My room isn't that bad!" Woohyun pointed out but I beg to differ.

"Please Woohyun, your room, is a war zone." I said sarcastically. It really is.

"Right." He spat out with a pout. "How about Myung's or Gyu's houses?"

I panicked at the mention of Sunggyu's home. It's a definite no no. I looked at Sunggyu and his eyes widened too, thinking of an excuse.

"We can go Myung's house someday! His mom would like to meet his friends." I immediately said, trying to change the topic and Sunggyu gave me a look of thanks.

"Wait, what?" Myungsoo said but he was late to the party.

"Let's go to your house someday!" I patted him on the back to hint to him to play along and he gave me his classic Myungsoo stare. As if I was an alien from outer space.

We then managed to drop the subject and headed to my house for dinner and I felt myself heave a sigh of relief. I was alone with Myungsoo in my room as Howon and Woohyun went to rummage my fridge and Sunggyu went to shower.

"You sure know many secrets Jin." He said after a moment of silence.

"N-neh?" Gosh, I at lying.

"From Howon to Sunggyu to Woohyun and Bomi. You know their secrets."

I swallowed my saliva. "And how do you know?"

"It's obvious the way you protect them. You just can't lie well." Myungsoo smiled at me.

"I'm sorry." I suddenly apologized.

"What for?"

"That I can't tell you anything because I promised them. Howon's and Sunggyu's… I really can't say. You already know about Bomi and Woohyun."

"You don't have to apologize Jin. It's not your fault they chose to tell you their secrets. So I'm the only one left that you don't know huh."

"Are you going to tell me too?" I smirked. "I'm good at keeping secrets."

Myungsoo pushed my forehead with his fingers. "Just you wait."

"Yah!" I shouted at him with and rubbed the spot he pushed. Then, I stuck out a tongue at him. Before he could even reply, the two fridge hackers returned with a bunch of drinks and snacks.

The day then ended normally like any other day where the others are over for dinner and I paid special attention to both Sunggyu and Howon.  They looked happy over at my place. For people like Sunggyu and Howon, they didn't have the comfort of their homes, neither do they have the comfort of their family. If my family and my place can give them the comfort that they're missing in their lives, I think it isn't a bad thing to have them over all the time. I wouldn't even mind. I just hope that someday, they'll have the comfort that they deserve.

--

Later this week, the basketball guys had the first match of their season. Thankfully, it was after class and Bomi, Myungsoo, Howon and I managed to go to support their first ever match of the season. We were ecstatic. Or at least, I was super excited about it.

Besides us, there were other people there as well and I even spotted Dongwoon's girlfriend at the competition arena. There were many people there and of course, many girls from our school, since it was the guys' basketball team after all. I even saw some girl carrying a placard with Woohyun's name. Woohyun sure is popular with the ladies because of his charming smile and of course, he is the captain of the team. Usually the captains are the most popular ones aren't they?

"Mwoh yah those girls are like some sort of fan club are they?" I pointed out to the others.

Bomi laughed but she looked extremely beautiful and I smiled at my best friend.

There were many fans of the basketball guys. It was like they were some sort of an idol group and the girls were the fans.

Anyways, the guys were getting ready and warmed up but Sunggyu was seated to a side. He was in his jersey and jacket and he even had a wrist guard for his injured wrist. I felt bad seeing him seated by the side-lines when his teammates were out there but it looks like he is going to sit out on this one.

"I feel bad for Sunggyu…" I said to the others.

"It's okay, at least he's resting on the less important matches so he can be in the finals." Howon suggested and I nodded. That sounded logical right?

"Yeah… I hope so." And I prayed really hard that Sunggyu would recover soon and the guys will make it to the finals. They have to.

It was obvious, that without Sunggyu on court, there was a difference in play and Woohyun was still getting used to not having his right hand man by his side. Sunggyu usually gives Woohyun really great assists and now without Sunggyu, Woohyun is slightly lost. I say slightly because Woohyun is still an amazing player. The way he dribbled the ball and cuts through the opponent's defence was admirable. He is really a superstar on court.

No doubt, the guys smashed the game with a final score of 85-40. It was a clear win and a great start to their season. Sunggyu had rushed up to the guys to give them hugs and we all went down to congratulate the basketball team as well.

"Jin!" Woohyun shouted out my name from afar. I felt myself blush because of all the attention that people around are giving me.

"Congratulations on first win." I smiled awkwardly with the other people staring at me.

Woohyun extended his arms, as if he wanted a hug from me. "Do I get a hug for that?"

"Yah! Are you crazy?! You're all sweaty so no." I stated but I was actually conscious of Bomi. She was there as well and Woohyun was being… Woohyun. I could feel Bomi staring at me, wondering if I was going to take the hug.

"Yah, am I never going to get congratulatory hug?" He pouted and I almost wanted to karate chop his limbs off. But I can't, because he's the captain of the team.

"Till you win the finals." I brushed it off and walked away from the childish Namu.

That night, I felt thought about what happened today after the match. Bomi must have felt so sad knowing that the guy she likes actually likes someone else, much less, a best friend.

I immediately called Bomi because I just wanted to find out how if she is okay. I figured after what we've been through, we should have a more open relationship with each other and talk things out instead of keeping it all in to ourselves.

"Jin?" Bomi picked up after the third ring.

"Hey Bomi…"

"Yeah?"

"I was just wondering…" I couldn't bring myself to say it. It would be like reminding her of bad memories.

"Yeah?"

"I was just wondering… if you're okay."

"What's the matter Jin? I'm fine." Bomi reassured me.

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Are you upset at me? Or Woohyun?" I tried to bring Woohyun in so she knows what I'm referring to.

There was silence at the other end.

I wanted to speak but Bomi spoke up in the end.

"There's nothing to be upset about." Bomi said.

"But earlier… Woohyun was being a little inconsiderate." I pointed out.

"Jin,"Bomi took a deep breath. "Woohyun has made it clear that he likes you. Just like how I can't stop liking him, he can't stop liking you too."

"I…" I didn't know what to say but I heard a chuckle over the line.

"You silly girl. There's nothing to be upset about. He likes you. He couldn't possibly stop showing his affection just because I like him. He's told me many times, apologized many times, just because he showed affection towards you and I felt bad about it. He doesn't have to apologize for his feelings. He likes you." She repeated again. "And you don't have to feel bad too because you can't stop him from liking you. Neither can I."

"But… but won't you be hurt?" I asked carefully.

"Jin… the pain is inevitable, but it's your choice whether it'll be a suffering or not." I could hear from her tone that she was smiling.

"That sounds familiar… I've seen it on the net somewhere." I tried to lighten the atmosphere.

"I'm not a very creative person but I do read a lot." She replied.

"Thank you Bomi." I said softly. I was really thankful to have her in my life. What we've been through, I think it just made us stronger.

"No, thank you." Bomi stressed on the 'you' as she thanked me instead. "I'll keep liking him too. Even if he doesn't see it."

"One day, I hope that he'll understand. And if he doesn't, I hope that you'll meet someone who will treasure you as much as you wished Woohyun did. It'll be his loss."

Bomi laughed at the other end of the line.

"You too Jin. Let us each find our happiness someday. Whether or not you and Woohyun end up together, just know that I don't want you to reject him because of me. If you like him, go ahead. I will wish you two happiness, okay?"

"I don't like him." I said in a jokingly-disgusted tone. I was just joking. I mean, I don't like like him. I like him as a friend, not a lover.

"Just promise me?"

"Okay, I promise."

And then we hung up the phone after our goodbyes.

We're not perfect. And I can tell that Bomi has grown up so much after that experience. She's become more mature. See what I meant by it made us stronger?

That night, I lay on my bed and realized that love is a strange thing. You can't stop yourself from liking someone but seeing them like someone else, it's going to hurt. A lot. But then again, what else can you do? What if Howon liked someone else? What am I going to do? Am I going to wish him happiness? Or am I going to throw jealous fits and hate on the girl?

Whatever it is, I have to respect his decision. Love is not a one-man game. It requires two hands to clap. Just like how Bomi respects Woohyun's decision, I felt that I had grown up just a little after that talk with Bomi. If Howon did like someone else, I can only respect his decision. It's his choice, it's his freedom. I can only hold onto that hope that there will be someone else out there for me.

I lay there and wished hard. "Please, don't be in love with someone else." I whispered softly to myself before I fell asleep.

 

 

 

 

 

 


Hey there guys! News flash: so I am still alive and well and not dead from university workload yet. Okay, I am alive but maybe not well because I have been staying up late too often trying to get my together that I have neglected my health? I can feel myself slowly falling sick and that but then I could finally take a small breather with all the tests out of the way! Anyways, I'm pretty sure you guys aren't here to listen to my stupid author rant and useless stuff hahaha. 

I'm really glad that more people are leaving me really kind and sweet comments! It's like the story is slowly picking up and it really feels good to see so many people enjoying it hahaha I can never thank you all enough for all your support! ^^ I hope you guys like this chapter as well even though nothing "big" has happened. So here we have a stonger bond between Bomi and Jin, a psychic Myung, a persistent Gyu, a super sweet Woohyun and a extremely rude hot Howon hahahahaha. 

I will try my best to update as I have (once ~4 days) and I apologize if I can't do it any sooner or anything but my timetable is really crazy and I am losing so much sleep each day I am going to be a zombie soon. Here's a warning for those who are still in high school or middle school. enjoy your time because I really miss high school right now. University is crazy. You think you're done with all that stuff after high school and then you enter uni and realise... high school is nothing compared to uni. Those in uni right now, I feel you!!!! Let's all survive this semester together. We can all do this!

Ps. Last line of this chapter was in refernce to one of my fav singers taytay!!! (taylor swift everybody. it was a line in her song 'enchanted' if you must know hahahaa)

Pps. Block B had their second win today!! Any BBCs around?? Another round of shameless promoting: if you guys haven't heard their new songs 'Toy' and 'A Few Years Later', you are missing out on life.