Chapter 15

A Little Thing About Love

Morning came a little too fast because I was still very tired when I woke up. Howon literally had to drag me out of bed or we would have been late.

"About last night, thanks Jin." Howon said gratefully as we got ready for school.

"You're my best friend aren't you?" I replied. I don't know how I'm going to feel today but I just decided to push all my thoughts about him dating behind. Howon is having his own problems now and my worrying about whether he's dating or not doesn't seem to count as one.

"So… you're not angry at me anymore?"

"I was never angry at you."

"That's great." He flashed me the brightest smile that could rival the sun in the morning. This whole "I ended up liking my best friend" thing is not even supposed to happen but it just did.

So, the both of us ended up heading to meet the rest at Woohyun's house down the street. As soon as I saw the three other guys, I wish I could bury my head in the ground. Myungsoo gave me a stare and he raised his eyebrows as if telling me "seriously?" And I replied him with a "don't ask, it just happened" look. Guess you could say the both of us had really gotten a lot closer these few months considering how we are able to read each other now.

Sunggyu greeted me politely and he gave me a smile. He looked really happy today and I noticed how he's not wearing a jacket anymore. The bruises on his arms were faint and you wouldn't even notice it was there in the first place. Sunggyu is really fair so those bruises did take some time to heal but I'm glad he's alright now. I flashed him my brightest smile as well because I'm happy for him. He recovered well and I'll always pray that this will never ever happen to him again. Good things should happen to good people and bad things should only happen to bad people. Sunggyu should have all the love showered on him considering what an amazing human being he is.

Woohyun, on the other hand, was being exceptionally cheerful. "Hey Jin, how's things going? How's studying going? Are you excited for the trip this summer vacation?" He trailed on and on but the mention of studying got me groaning. I'm so not ready for mid terms. With this whole "my crush may be dating but not really" thing going on, I don't think I can focus on studying. It's bad isn't it? I should be studying right? I need help.

"Myung you have to help me." I sent him a SOS and a fake cry.

Myungsoo raised his eyebrows, as if saying "you mean with your love life or with studying?"

"With my studies I mean." I immediately corrected myself and I glared at him, my eyes telling him "don't you dare mention about my non-existent love life".

When we met up with Bomi, I felt the atmosphere change a little. Bomi was just walking silently alone. She always walks silently but she's avoiding me. I could tell this much. The surroundings seemed quieter and I realized it's because Woohyun finally stopped talking and asking me questions but I'd actually rather he talk right now. The silence was just a little awkward and there's definitely something wrong with Bomi these days. I made a mental note to ask her about it later. If she ever needed help for something, I'll always be there so she doesn't have to worry and she can also trust me with her secrets. I'm pretty good with secrets aren't I?

So my day has actually started pretty well and I tried to put the whole "Howon may be dating Hyuna" thing behind me for a moment. I mean, Howon has his own troubles at the moment so I figured I shouldn't just jump in and ask him straight. Maybe I'll observe for myself. The good thing was that Hyuna was nowhere to be seen in the hallways. Usually she would pop by and have a little chat with Howon or maybe just say hi but after yesterday's not-so-secretive kiss, she was nowhere to be seen. This means they're not dating, right?

Well okay, my day actually started off well until my cramps have gotten worse later on. It's a little embarrassing to mention this but I have pretty bad period cramps every month. It hurts so much sometimes I would just lie there without moving for the whole day. I was fine this morning but it seems like it had gotten worse during the day. Just my luck. And yes, I am on my period right now.

During class, Myungsoo kept asking me if I was okay because I had this pained expression on my face. I was in so much pain that I couldn't even pay attention to what the teacher was saying, I was just zoning out.

It was then time for gym class and the thought of it just made me groan. "Ugh, gym classes." I muttered.

"Are you okay Jin? You don't look too well. Do you want to go the nurse's office?" Myungsoo whispered softly to me.

I gave him a pained expression because I really feel like I'm about to die of the pain right now. It's just killing me. "I'm just having cramps." I admitted to him. "I'll just stay in class to rest." I plopped my head down on the table, hoping that by sleeping, the pain would go away.

"Okay, I'll let the gym teacher know. You just rest." He said quietly and left the class. Even Jieun and Jooyeon didn't question me about staying in class while the others went for gym class. Maybe because I really looked horrible? I feel horrible anyways.

After staying alone in class for I don't know how long, I probably fell asleep for a short while, hoping the pain will go away after a nap. No luck there. The next time I opened my eyes, I was surprised to see Myungsoo in his seat, next to me. He was in his gym clothes but he was resting his head on his arms, facing me with his eyes closed. Probably sleeping?

I may have gasped a little too loudly seeing his face so close to me and it probably woke him up.

"What are you doing back in class?" I asked, still facing him with my head resting on the table.

"I'm having a headache."

I just nodded without saying a word.

"How are you feeling?" He asked quietly.

"Horrible."

"I mean about the Howon thing."

I paused. How am I feeling about that? I don't know. "What if he's really dating Hyuna?"

Myungsoo remained silent for a second.

"What if he isn't?"

"What if he doesn't like me back?" My voice cracked when I mentioned that and it came out almost like a whisper.

Myungsoo smiled and I furrowed my eyebrows. What's so funny about that?

"It's his loss then." He whispered back and I smiled back to Myungsoo, forgetting about my pain for a moment. Here's another friend of mine, which I never want to lose. Albeit knowing him for a few months, we have really gotten very close and I love that. He's kind and nice, except for when he's around the guys, then he's just plain mean. But Myungsoo has always been really good company.

"Do you want to go to the nurse's office to rest? There are beds there." Myungsoo suggested after that small little chat of ours.

I finally gave in and nodded to him and he helped me up on my feet. Maybe I have been sitting in my seat for some time, my legs have became jelly and I was really tired. Luckily Myungsoo had caught me before I could fall to the ground. I had heard a chuckle but I lightly hit his gut. Trust him to be laughing at me when I'm like this.

Myungsoo then helped me all the way to the nurse's office to rest. Usually, the nurse's office would have two beds but when we got there, there was only one bed available.

"What happened to her?" Nurse Kim asked.

"She's having pretty bad cramps." Myungsoo answered for me. Nurse Kim then motioned for him to lay me down on the bed.

"Thank you student, I'll get her some hot water for the cramps and you can… head back for gym class now." She glanced at Myungsoo who was still in his gym clothes.

"I'm having a headache!" Myungsoo blurted out almost immediately. "I… I need to just sit down and rest."

"Alright, I'll get you some medication for your headache as well." Nurse Kim said and she left. Myungsoo sat down next to me giving me a concerned look. Wow, I must have looked pretty bad for him to be so worried.

"Just rest." Myungsoo rested his head by my side. His headache must be getting to him and I felt my eyelids getting heavier. Slowly, we both drifted off to sleep in the nurse's office without even taking our medication.

--

It felt like ages since we've been asleep and when I woke up, the cramps were still there but I felt much better than before. Before, it was like the whole world came crashing down on me and the pain was too much to bear. Now, it just feels like something was pressing on my abdomen and I am still dying from the pain but it was much bearable. I looked to my side and saw Myungsoo still sleeping next to me. As usual, he had used his arm as a pillow and that's not good for his blood circulation.

"Myung," I shook him, trying to wake him up. Did I ever mention that Myungsoo was a deep sleeper? Well, he is so I had to shake him a few more times before he even wake up from his slumber. "I told you not to use your arm as a pillow. It's not good for circulation." I reminded him.

"Hmmm? Mmm." He groaned since I woke him up from his beauty sleep.

"Are you feeling better? We should head back to class before we miss too many things." Wow I can't believe I said that. Looks like the pressure of mid terms has got me working harder I guess.

Myungsoo just nodded at whatever I said and I don't even know if he heard it but we left the bed and headed back to class. Just my luck when I saw a familiar person coming out of the nurse's office too. It was Son Dongwoon. The annoying basketball guy who loves teasing me and Woohyun.

"Hey Nam's girlfriend! What are you doing here?" He asked.

"I am not his girlfriend!" I retaliated. Gosh, he is annoying. "And why can't I be here? You don't own the nurse's office."

Dongwoon stretched a little and yawned. "I woke up from my nap so it's time to get back to class."

My mouth literally dropped because it just hit me that he was actually in the next bed, taking up space when Myungsoo, who was having a headache could have had that bed! That prick.

"Don't worry. I won't tell Nam about your little affair with pretty boy over here." He glanced at Myungsoo and gave me a wink before he walked away.

"Yah Son Dongwoon! I'm not having an affair! And neither am I dating Woohyun!" I shouted at his back view that just keeps getting smaller and smaller and he just raised a hand to brush it off.

"No point getting worked up over him Jin." Myungsoo said as he dragged me back to class.

I groaned. "He's annoying."

"And I have to get changed. Head back first will you?"

"Oh… right." I stared at him in his gym clothes. I swear whatever ugly clothes he wears, he still looks like a model in it. Okay, I am admitting that he looks good but I'm not into him. Really. He's just good looking.

"What are you staring at?" Myungsoo asked as he glanced down at his attire, checking it there were any stains or that sort.

I felt myself frowning, "nothing." And I turned around to head to class first.

Luckily for me, I had only missed one lesson during my short break in the nurse's office and the next teacher wasn't here for lesson yet. Just as I sat down, Jieun and Jooyeon turned around.

"Where's Myungsoo?" Jieun asked.

"He went to change." I replied casually.

The both of them gave me a smirk as though they know something that I don't.

"What?" I questioned them. The look they were giving me was so… weird.

"You and Myungsoo disappear for a long time and now he conveniently went to change? Don't you think there's something…" Jooyeon trailed off and I almost choked on my saliva.

"Yah!" I raised my voice causing all my other classmates to look at me in wonder. I gave an apologetic look and turned back to Jooyeon. "I wasn't feeling well and he's having an headache. We just came back from the nurse's office."

Before Jieun or Jooyeon could even reply, a classmate of mine came over.

"Hey Yoojin, sorry to interrupt but here's the money I haven't handed in to you yet." Jang Hyunseung, one of the quieter guys in our class came over to have me the money I was collecting for our grad trip. Remember the miscellaneous money I had to collect as secretary of the class? Yeah, I almost forgot it was my job. Just almost.

"Took you long enough, you're the last one Hyunseung."

"Sorry." He shrugged and brushed it off easily.

Finally, after such a long time of collecting the money, I was done with Hyungseung's payment. I reached into my bag and tried to find the bag of money I usually carried with me but I couldn't feel it. My hand fumbled around and I couldn't feel the bag of money. I felt my books, my random stash of snacks and even some really random things that I don't even need to school but I couldn't feel the bag of cash. Hyunseung stood right in front of me and gave me a weird look.

"Hang on a sec." I said and I lifted my bag onto the table and started looking into it. I took out my books, my snacks, my random little bits and pieces of stuff that I don't even need but the bag of cash was nowhere to be found. I nearly emptied my bag and I can't see it anywhere. "It's gone."

"What's gone?" Myungsoo finally returned to class after changing and came back to his seat next to me and I stared at him. I felt myself starting to panic because I had been keeping that pouch of cash close to me for awhile now, it can't just be gone. Can it?

I turned my bag upside down and I even shake it a few times, just hoping that the bag of money would fall out miraculously but it didn't.

It was really gone.

"The money…" I muttered out. Hyungseung just stared at me in shock and he didn't know what to do as well. I felt myself tearing up because… I really didn't know what to do. It was a whole lot of cash and it was everybody's cash! The whole class! Now it's just gone and I'm responsible for it.

Myungsoo stared at me in silence and he rested one hand on my shoulder, trying to comfort me but nothing works right now. I'm pretty sure I never took the money out from my bag and it couldn't be in my locker. I always keep it close to me wherever I go. Just not the nurse's office.

"Oh god…" Realization struck me that it might have went missing when I was at the nurse's office! I'm pretty sure I had it with me this morning because I would always check my bag before I leave house and I would take it with me to lunch just in case. The only time when I didn't have the cash with me was when I went to the nurse's office earlier.

Before Myungsoo or Hyunseung could say anything, the teacher for the next period entered the class. My mind went blank and I didn't know what to do. All my stuff was on the table and Myungsoo was helping me pack and get ready for class but I just froze in place. The cramps didn't even matter anymore. This entire situation made me sicker than I already am.

"We'll check the places we went to once school ends okay? Maybe you left it in the lockers." Myungsoo tried to reassure me.

"I didn't." I told him confidently. I never keep it in the lockers because the combination is easy to guess and anybody could have opened it after trying a few times. Apparently, keeping it with me all the time wasn't safe as well.

"We'll still check everywhere alright? Don't worry." Myungsoo tried to calm me down with his words but I was too anxious to even calm down. It can't be missing right? I mean I was so careful about it since it was a large sum of money but just at that one moment I wasn't looking, it was just gone.

For the rest of the day, I didn't pay much attention in class because my mind kept wondering to the lost money. I kept replaying the entire day in my head and I was pretty sure I had it this morning despite me not being super attentive. I just remembered seeing it in my bag this morning so it can't be left at home. It has to be somewhere in school. Myungsoo kept stealing glances at me and I can tell because it felt the stares coming from my side. In my head, I was debating about whether I should tell my homeroom teacher or should I go back home and check once more before I report it missing.

When the day finally ended, Hyunseung came up to me once again. "So what happens now?" He asked, because I still have yet to collect the money from him.

"I…"

"Hyungseung said you might have lost all our money for the grad trip." Hyuna said in a deep voice as she walked over to my table. Her sentence had caught everyone's attention and everybody was looking right at me. "How are you going to pay for everyone's miscellaneous fund?"

Can this day get any worse?

"I… I—" I couldn't even finish my sentence when somebody else interrupted me.

"She may not have brought it with her to school. Give her a chance to check through before pointing fingers." Myungsoo said firmly and Hyuna kept quiet.

"She better make sure she doesn't lose it or she's going to have to pay for everyone since we all paid." Another guy, Park Junsung, said out loud and walked out of the class with his friends.

I instantly felt like I'm some murderer in a trial and everybody was throwing me weird looks. I felt my legs weakening and I lost my balance. Luckily Myungsoo was right next to me to support me or else I would have fallen right to the ground.

"She'll check and then we will get back to you guys tomorrow. If it's really gone, it could also mean there's a thief amongst us." Myungsoo stood up for me.

There were some gasps and some mumbles and I could even see Jieun and Jooyeon giving me sorry looks.

"Hey, don't worry. It'll be found alright." Jooyeon said.

"And if it's a thief, we will uncover the truth for you!" Jieun took my hand and reassured me.

"Thank you. Both of you." I managed out a smile. This whole thing was just giving me a headache. Now that Myungsoo mentioned about a thief, the idea that it might have been stolen popped into my mind but who could have done such a horrible thing?

Myungsoo then went around with me to all the places that I've been to in school today, including the nurse's office. No luck. The pouch of cash was nowhere to be seen.

"You think if someone had found it, they would be honest and return it?" I asked.

"We can only hope." He muttered. "It's not your fault Jin. Don't blame yourself. It could have been stolen so it's not your fault."

I sighed deeply. I am in so much trouble.

"Hey! We've been looking all around for the both of you! Where did you guys go to?" Woohyun said cheerfully as he gave a bright smile. That sunshine. Howon, Sunggyu and Bomi were there too. Bomi was still not looking at me but I am too worried about my situation to talk to her properly. Guess that’ll have to wait.

I gave Myungsoo a look, telling him not to tell the others about the missing money because it's not been confirmed yet. There's still my house left to check so let's not jump to conclusions. There's still one tiny possibility of it being at home.

"Jin wasn't feeling too well just now so we went to the nurse's office to rest." Myungsoo lied for me. Wow he is good.

"Omo Jin! Are you feeling okay? Why are you always falling sick? Mid terms are coming!" Woohyun went up to me and placed his palm on my forehead, checking if I have a fever. Dejavu. I pushed that feeling at the back of my head because I have more things to worry about. Like the missing cash.

As we walked back home, I was walking next to Myungsoo. "Do you want me to go back and check with you?"

I shook my head. "I'll text you."

My gloomy expression was probably very obvious because even Howon didn't leave any snarky remarks today. He didn't even try and pick a fight with me. As soon as I got home, I rushed to my room to check.

I searched high and low, every nick and cranny of my house but it was nowhere to be seen. You must be wondering why did I even bring all that money around anyways. It was because once everybody had submitted the fund, I have to hand it in to our homeroom teacher. If not, I would have just left it at home all day. Maybe I should have just left it at home. Sigh pabo Jin you really are a pabo!

As I sat down, the events of the day replayed in my head and I tried to recall when was the last time I had seen the pouch. I clearly remember it was in my bag in the morning. I took it out with me during lunch and placed it back. Then it was gym class and I was in class the whole time. Until I went to the nurse's office and because I was in so much pain, I didn't bring it along with me… It was the period I was in the nurse's office with Myungsoo. There was nobody in class. Somebody had stolen the money!

Quickly, I texted Myungsoo.

Somebody had stolen the money.

Within seconds later, a reply came.

We'll report this. Don't worry.

I lay down on my bed and closed my eyes. What a horrible horrible day.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Aloha my lovely lovely readers. Similar to Jin, I have had a horrible horrible day week. But tomorrow is friday and I am so looking forward to the weekends!! I just need some personal time off school. School is giving me a headache ughhhhhh. I wish I could go to the nurse's office and sleep the week away... Anyways, more complications coming up becuase OMG DID SOMEBODY JUST STOLE JIN'S MONEY. And a cute little Myungjin moment right there for those Myungjin shippers. As for who will be the ultimate guy that will end up with Jin, it's still a mystery everybody hahaha. I've been hearing from some of my readers which ship they are on, and those who did not mention it, do let me know!!! I'm curious which ship are y'all on! Is it Hojin? (the most so far) or Myungjin? Or Gyujin? Or Woojin? (yay to ship names that are kinda lame but it makes sense hahahaha anybody else with good ship names do let me know!)

Also, thank you to that one reader that recently upvoted my story!!! <3 YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE WOOHOOOOOO I'm so happy so many people are loving this fic and so I hope you guys had a wonderful week, unlike me, and will continue to have happy days ahead!!! You guys should be able to feel my joy when I see a new comment or a new upvote or a new suscriber. On the outside I'm like calm and cool but inside I'M SCREAMING AND DYING!!!!! Okay, love you guys. Till the next chappie!! 

Sorry for long A/N you guys can just ignore this weird and mean author because she's weird and mean. But she loves you all. Don't forget that. 

Edit/ I saw that there were some problems with the viewing and I hope it's alright now?