Special Chapter 1

A Little Thing About Love

Myungsoo's POV

 

I grumbled because my parents want me to take Myungho out again. Since we just moved here a week ago, they wanted Myungho to get used to the place so that he can settle down without any problems. It's really hard for little kids around Myungho's age to get used to moving away because they tend to take a longer and harder time adapting to new environments. Which is why, I was tasked to bring him out, again, to get him familiarized with the neighbourhood. 

 

Well, I have been taking him out everyday of the week. Sure, I would grumble and groan at my mom's request but when I look at Myungho's anticipating face, all that went away. Myungho is five this year and despite looking all that cute with big eyes and naturally browner hair, he could be a little difficult if he wanted to. 

 

"C'mon, let's go." I took his coat and watched him put on his shoes on his own. 

 

Our family just moved from a small town in the countryside to this big city. Our hometown was so small that everyone basically knew everyone. It was until my dad got a job in Seoul that my family had decided to move. For a better future for Myungho and I as well. Come on, it's Seoul we're talking about. The city full of dreams. 

 

We used to stay with my grandparents but they refused to move and insisted that we leave without them for the sake of Myungho and I again. I must say, our parents really gave up a lot just for the both of us. 

 

As we were walking around the neighbourhood, Myungho had demanded that he wanted to have ice cream. 

 

"Andwae, you had it last week." I said sternly. I figured the only way to deal with him was to be stern. He's the baby of the family and if everyone is going to give in to everything he says, he's going to be spoilt. 

 

"Hyung! But that was last week!" He whined and I shook my head. 

 

It seems like Myungho still has a long way to learn how to accept rejection because he was throwing a fit outside right now. People were staring and I really don't like it when people stare at me. It's like they're always looking at me as though I'm some sort of an artifact. I'm not a museum piece people, move along. 

 

I sighed at that little guy's tantrums. He sure knew how to get his way. "Okay, but promise you won't have one next week? You can't eat ice cream every week, you'll get indigestion and omma will kill me." I went to get him his ice cream from the stall nearby. Now that will shut him up. 

 

He was eating his ice cream in silence with one hand holding the ice cream and the other holding onto my hand when suddenly, someone came running from the back and knocked Myungho over. Well, not really over because Myungho just had a shift in balance but his ice cream was a different story. Myungho stared at his ice cream on the ground and I stared at him. Oh no, oh no, I just got him to stop crying and he's going to cry aga—okay, he's crying again. I looked up to see a girl around my age with her messy hair all over the place having a flustered look. 

 

"Omo! I'm so sorry!" She panicked and I felt anger rising from within. First of all, she knocked over a little boy. Secondly, she knocked over a little boy's ice cream. That ice cream meant the whole world to Myungho! 

 

"Yah! Why don’t you look where you’re going?" I held onto Myungho's tiny hands hoping that he'll stop crying and then I held him up in my arms. 

 

“Excuse me? I said I’m sorry!" She raised her voice and my eyes widened. "Now if you excuse me, I have to go.”

 

Oh no. You can't just knock over my little brother and then say a meaningless sorry and leave just like that. I moved to block her from leaving. "You knocked over a little boy’s ice cream and yet you’re not even going to sincerely apologize? What kind of human being are you?" I raised my voice as well. Two can play the game. 
 

“I said I’m sorry! And I am really rushing so will you excuse me?" She raised her voice even higher to match mine. 

 

"It wasn't even sincere!" 

 

She then rolled her eyes at me. She rolled her eyes at me! She is one rude and uncultured girl that I have never ever met in my entire life. As if I was invisible, she went up to Myungho and gave him her best smile. 
 

"Hey there, don’t cry anymore okay? Noona is really really sorry I knocked over your ice cream, I’ll buy you another ice cream okay?"

 

Myungho is easily bribed. And I must say really easily bribed. He stopped crying immediately at the mention of another ice cream. 

 

"See?" She looked at me with that strong gaze. "I will buy him another ice cream before I go so you just wait here." 

 

And then I suddenly felt bad. I mean, yeah, it's her fault and all but making her get Myungho another ice cream just seemed… I don't know. "Fine! You don’t have to get him another ice cream, you can go to wherever you are rushing off to." I told her and then I placed Myungho down. He may be five years old but he isn't five kilograms. "Alright, hyung will get another ice cream for you. You just sit here quietly and I’ll be back real quick okay?" I said to Myungho softly, afraid that I may have shocked him from my raised voice. I never raise my voice at him before. It was only a stern voice but never a raised one. He must have been shocked too. 


 

Before I left to get Myungho another ice cream, I gave the stranger one last look and she seemed to be glaring at me. If she was giving a death glare, I'd say she failed because she looked nothing scary to me. 
 

When I actually got back to Myungho with the newly bought ice cream, I saw a packet of candy in Myungho's arms but it wasn't opened so he couldn't have them. "Who gave this to you Myungho?" 

 

"That same lady who knocked into me." Myungho said while holding the pack of candy trying to open it. 

 

I smiled to myself and took that packet of milk candy and handed Myungho his treat. Looks like she's not inhuman after all. She still has a heart in her I guess. Maybe I shouldn't have been so hard on her. Good luck, stranger. 

 

(Chapter 7) 

 

-- 

 

I stepped into my new school with a weird feeling. Maybe I'm nervous and maybe it's just that I could feel the stares coming from the students. It felt like I had done something wrong and it was being known to the public. Or maybe they just know that I'm not from here. 

 

I walked straight to the school's administration office to report and they would hand me my official enrollment package or something like that. A group of girls were staring at me from the left like I was some sort of animal in the zoo. And I hated that. The feeling of someone constantly watching your every move. 

 

Things like that don't happen in my previous school. It was a small town where everybody knew each other so of course, the same goes for the schools. There weren't these kind of stares because we all knew each other. Also, coming from a small town, this school is way to huge for me. It was so big I got lost in finding the administration office that I had to ask help from one of the students. She seemed delighted to help me and so I thought maybe the people aren't that bad. I guess. 

 

The administration office lady helped me with my day's schedule and she even printed out my timetable for me. "You're in class 3-6, it's the last classroom on the left side of the classroom blocks." She handed my stuff to me and I thanked her politely. "Oh hang on a moment." She went to make a call and told me to just wait at the office. 

 

A man around his fifties walked in just then and he went straight to me. "New student eh?" He said. He had this really stern and straight face and I nodded silently. "Well, I'm Mr Choi, your home room teacher. Let's get going. Classes are about to start." He said and I followed him obediently. 

 

As we walked past the classrooms, I stared at those walls. This school is really huge. My old school had five classes for each level and that was about everybody in that small town. There are eleven classes here and they even have so many rooms. 

 

Mr Choi then told me to wait outside before he introduced me to the class. I saw him hit the board to get the attention of the class that was so noisy and I was getting nervous. These people are going to be my classmates for a year. I just hope I'll be able to fit with them seeing as how I'm the newcomer and they've already known each other since the start of year one in high school. 

 

"Good mornings students, it’s the first day of school and we have a new transfer student in our class so let’s welcome him!" 

 

I took that as my cue to enter the class and I just walked straight in. I didn't dare to make eye contact with anybody, who may be afraid of having a new transfer student in class.

 

“Go ahead and introduce yourself.” Mr Choi signalled to me. 

 

I bowed politely to everybody and smiled, trying to look more friendly because I've been told my resting face looks cold and I want to form a good impression on my future classmates. “My name is Kim Myungsoo and I hope to have a nice year with you all.” I introduced myself. 

 

“Alright Myungsoo, there’s just one empty seat that’s left for you so go ahead and sit beside Yoojin.” Mr Choi said to me and I scanned the class for the empty seat. And apparently my new table mate is called Yoojin. The seat was easily spotted and I froze when I saw who my new table mate is. The smile on my face faded. It was that girl I met the other day. The girl who knocked down my brother's ice cream. 
 

“Jung Yoojin! Since this is Kim Myungsoo’s first day in school and considering that you’re his new table partner, I want you to show him around!” Mr Choi ordered her and I was still shocked to say anything.

 

"But—"

 

She stopped herself and muttered something under her breath.

 

I came from a small town and since everybody knows each other in that small town, I shouldn't be surprised that I saw someone I just met on the street in school, but here I am, being extremely surprised that I just saw that girl from the street. And trust me, I'm not easily surprised. Talk about it being a small world. 

 

I was looking at her as I walked to my new seat but she refused to meet my eye. She just looked away as if that memory of us meeting didn't occur because she didn't say anything about it.


 

When I sat down, she stayed incredibly straight and only faced the front, as though I was invisible. The two girls sitting in front of me turned back to asked me a few questions and I answered them politely. Even though my mind was focused on cracking the girl next to me. 

 

"So we meet again?" I started the ball rolling. 

 

She stiffened, but kept her gaze straight. As if there was anything placed in front. 

 

"What are you doing here?" She asked monotonously. 
 

"I go to school here now."

 

"Why did you transfer over?"
 

"My family moved.”

 

"Why did they move?"

 

"They wanted to."
 

We were having a strange banter but the good thing is that my short and unsatisfactory replies has finally caught her attention and she turned to give me an annoyed look. I laughed to myself in my head because she seems like a funny person. 
 

"The school’s not that big. You just need to know where the cafeteria and our class is and that’s all." She said nonchalantly and the laughter in my head stopped. Guess she didn't forget all about that incident did she? I was just sensitive that day and I think I might have hurt her feelings seeing as how she still seems mad at me for being mad at her. 

 

"I don't expect you to give me a tour either." I said lowly and then it just ended there. School has officially start and so is my year in Seoul's humongous high school. I'll find my way. 

 

Thankfully, during lunch, my new table mate, that girl that probably hates me, decided to at least take me to the cafeteria. Before that, she wanted to throw me to the two girls sitting in front of us and because I don't even know them yet, it's just weird to suddenly be having lunch together. At least with her, we kind of know each other but she said she couldn't join. 

 

She brought me to the cafeteria, got my lunch with me and told me about the traditions in their high school. It was actually very different to the one back in that small town. She'd even sat me down before she went away to her group of friends I guess. They were all sitting at that table that she pointed out earlier that were the ‘untouchables’. Wow, she is something isn't she? I'm starting to think that she's a very interesting person. It's like she's hot then she's cold and then she's back to hot again. 

 

So the girl called Yoojin was sitting with her friends and they seemed to be having a good time talking. Guess I'll just have to eat my lunch alone then. It's not like I'm not used to it or anything. It's just that back in that small town, everybody basically knew everybody so I had lots of friends and everybody sat with each other once in awhile. There wasn't much of a fixed table, maybe just the cliques around. Anyways, this huge high school is going to take me some time to get used to.  

 

I was just sitting and eating alone when suddenly a group of girls came swarming my table and I thought that maybe Yoojin had sat me here on purpose. Maybe this is their table. They didn't ask or anything, they just sat down and introduced themselves. Apparently we're all in the same class. But what about the guys? Where are all the guys? 

 

I smiled awkwardly and answered most of their questions that they had. They then continued their chattering and I suddenly wished I wasn't in between this fiesta. Gosh, help me. Looking over, I saw that Yoojin had left her seat and I started to panic. Just a little maybe. I mean, she's the only person I know for now so I really rely on her to tell me every little detail about this school. Like how this table may just be one of the 'untouchables' too. 

 

Quickly, I finished my lunch and then headed back to the classroom, away from those chattering girls. I think my ear drums are about to burst. They were laughing at something earlier but I don't even remember what. They were just laughing happily. 

 

A few minutes later, my new table partner has returned from her lunch break and I suddenly felt relieved to see her again. Though I must not show it because she still seems to harbor horrible feelings for me. 

 

"How was your lunch with new friends? I saw them sitting at your table." 

 

"Was that their table?" I pointed to the girls that just entered the classroom that were at my table earlier. Gosh, is this girl feeding me to the wolves? "Don't leave me alone with them again please." I pleaded and she laughed. She had a nice laugh, I thought to myself. 

 

"Were they pestering you?" She teased me. I'm really starting to be confused as to whether or not she did it on purpose. I shot her a look and that shut her up. Good thing Myungsoo. 

 

"Maybe… you could sit with us for lunch tomorrow. If you want, I mean. Until you find your own group of friends." Yoojin looked straight ahead when she said that but she turned to see my reaction. 

 

Wait, did she just invite me to sit with her? And her friends? Well, they looked friendly enough. I shouldn't be that bad at making friends right? 

 

"There are guys in my groups of friends. You'll be able to get along with them." She added and I felt a surge of gratefulness. See what I mean by she's hot and then cold? 

 

"Thanks." I said with a grateful smile. 

 

When the day had finally come to an end, I was just about to go and explore the not-so-huge-school on my own when Yoojin stopped me. 

 

"Hey, I don't want to sound like I'm shrinking my responsibilities but here." She handed me a piece of paper that I couldn't figure out what it was. 

 

"What's this?" 

 

"It's a map of the school. It’s based on my memory anyway but I highlighted the important places you need to know so give yourself a tour around the school. It’s not that big really. If you’re lost to the extent where there’s nobody and it’s secluded, call me.” She went and wrote down her number on the piece of paper she had just handed me. "I don’t want Mr Choi to be picking on me again so do familiarize yourself with the school and if he ever asks, just say I gave you a tour." 
 

I stared at the piece of paper in my hand. This is new. Never have someone do something like this for me before. Drawing a map. "Thanks." I muttered out softly and she was already walking away. 
 

Maybe… maybe she isn't a bad person after all. I mean, she made up to Myungho by buying him sweets, she had showed me the cafeteria and invited me for lunch with her friends the next day and now she'd even drawn a map of the school for me. Wow, this girl is really something. I guess I did wrong her the first time I met her. I smiled to myself as I looked at that piece of paper that I'm holding. It was really detailed and well drawn. Still staring, my eyes darted to her number that she'd written down. Maybe you're not such a mean person after all, Jung Yoojin. 

 

(Chapter 8) 

 

--
 

School has been quite okay these past few weeks and I've gotten closer to Yoojin and her friends. Well, I guess she did change her impression of me somewhere and we hit off well. She's really one interesting person and not to mention, a very kind person as well. I mean, she has been nothing but kind to me since the first day I've stepped into this school. Even if she doesn't know it, but she really has been kind to me. I'm glad I could make such a friend like her. 

 

Today, Yoojin and I were walking into class and chatting away when suddenly someone came over to my table, giving Yoojin a little scare. Not exactly a scare, but Yoojin was puzzled. 
 

"Myungsoo-ah, can you please explain to me this question? I tried doing it the way you taught me but I still couldn't get the answer." Krystal smiled at me and showed me the math question that I had helped her with previously. It's not exactly an easy question so I didn't expect her to get it immediately. I then proceeded to explain it all over to Krystal again, hopefully my explanation this time is clearer and she understands it. 

 

After my explanation, Krystal thanked me and went back to her seat. As if it was something big, Yoojin immediately nudged me and gave me a smirk as she looked at me. Uh-oh, I don't like the look on her face. "Yah, she's one of the prettiest girls in school." 

 

I stared at her blankly. "So?" 

 

Yoojin's mouth was wide open as she gaped. I didn't say anything wrong did I? "So? Since when did you guys even talk? I've never seen her speak to you before!" At this point, I'm pretty sure Yoojin is totally out of her mind because she sounds like I've just said something that's so out of this world that it's unbelievable. 

 

"She saw me after school and asked for help with math." I said to her normally, hopefully she'll be back to normal and stop staring at me like I'm the crazy one. Well, I was wrong because she started laughing at me. Wait, what? 

 

"What? Why are you laughing at me?" I demanded. Are Seoul people all this crazy? 

 

She didn't stop laughing even though I was seriously giving her a look that made me question her sanity when she answered me. "Can't you tell? She's interested in you." Yoojin winked at me and I froze. 

 

Oh. 

 

She's interested in me. Wait a second, what?! It's not like we've been very close or anything and we didn't even talk that much so I still don't know much about Krystal Jung but she's interested in me? That's impossible, right? Then again, I'm speaking to someone who's already halfway to losing her sanity. 

 

She must be crazy. 

 

I stared at Yoojin and she seemed to be deep in thought after teasing me. Mind you, it was not funny. Not at all. Whatever she was thinking, she shuddered and shook that thought away. 

 

"What's wrong with you?" I tried to get her back to actually being normal. 

"Nothing. I just thought of you dating Krystal Jung." She stuck her tongue out at me confidently. Well, maybe some people are crazy to the point of no return. Yoojin then turned to face the front and I just stared at her side view. 
 

For someone that I'm guessing is probably crazy, she's actually kinda hilarious and cute at the same time. If it's even possible. "She's kinda cute." I said to myself softly so that nobody else could catch it. Well well, things are getting interesting in this new place isn't it? 

 

-- 

 

During lunchtime, I sat with Yoojin and her friends, wait they're my friends now too. So during lunchtime, I sat with my newfound friends and I ate lunch silently. If there was a time when we're all quiet, it'll be lunchtime. Or maybe just quieter than usual. 

 

Throughout lunch, Woohyun kept stealing Yoojin's spicy stir fried chicken as he insist that Yoojin cannot handle the spiciness. I kept noticing Yoojin when she eats her chicken and the way she sticks out her tongue and makes those "ssssss" noises, it tells me that Woohyun was right all along. 

 

Woohyun has even bought a packet of milk for Yoojin as if he knows this is going to happen. Well according to Sunggyu, they are childhood friends after all right, they know each other well. I guess Yoojin just can't take spicy food huh. Even the school's spicy stir fried chicken is spicy for her. 

 

When lessons finally ended and we were done with school for the day, Yoojin said that she would be staying back to finish up her art piece before the carnival. 

 

"I'm staying too." I blurted out from nowhere. Since when did I decide to stay? "I have things to do too. Let's go." I said confidently but in actual fact, I don't really have much. I was just worried about Yoojin. Since she's so kind, she might just be tricked by some evil person when left all alone. I don't know, I'm just saying that she might. And it's not like I'm busy or anyways. Staying back awhile won't hurt. 

 

Well, I honestly thought it would be just for a bit but Yoojin didn't come out of the art room at all. How would I know? I have been going out of the photography room every now and then to see when she is leaving but she never left. If she did leave the room, I would have heard the doors and ran out to catch up with her but it never happened. Seeing as how it's already past eight, I decided to be the one to bring her out of that room. She needs a break. 

 

"Come in." That voice resonated the room after I knocked on the door. I had let myself in and I guess I was probably not who Yoojin was expecting. She had a face of shock when she saw me standing at the doors. 

 

"Didn't you leave already?" 

 

Well, do you want me to leave? 

 

I shook my head. "I was busy and it's getting late, wanna head home?" I tried my best to keep a straight face so as not to be caught lying. 

 

Yoojin sighed as she stared at her art piece. "Alright, let's head home." 

 

The both of us didn't even get far, just right at the school gates, when I heard someone's stomach rumble. I looked towards Yoojin and she was giving me this glance that was telling me not to laugh but instead, I laughed. Yoojin just seems like such an innocent girl and I couldn't help it. Without thinking much, I reached for my bag to take out a sweet and handed it to her. 

 

She may have noticed that it's the same candy that she bought for Myungho previously. I had actually tried one the other day and it tastes good so I decided to buy more of it and fill my bag with it. I guess Yoojin has introduced me to a whole new world of milk candy. It's really amazingly good. Surprisingly. 

 

The both of us then entered a roadside food stall to fill our tummies before we went back. 
 

"Ahjumma, two bowls of ramen with cheese please!" I ordered for the both of us. After noticing that Yoojin doesn't take spicy food, not even the slightest, I have a feeling she wouldn't be keen to have normal ramen either. 

 

"How did you know I like my ramen with cheese?" She asked, eyes wide and full of amazement. Bingo. I've got it right didn't I? As much as I was smirking on the inside, I tried to cover it up on the outside. 

 

Play it cool, Kim Myungsoo
 

I took a sip of water to try and be as nonchalant as I can. "Lucky guess? I wanted to have ramen with cheese." I took another sip in case I looked like I was lying or some sort. I had to cover my tracks too. 

 

Luckily for me, Yoojin gave me an impressed look. She was nodding her head when suddenly she had thought of something and nudged me while giving me a smirk. Uh-oh, I don't like it when she smirks like that. Nervous about what she's going say next, I took my cup and drank some more water. Please don't tell me she's going to—

 

"Yah, are you interested in Krystal Jung?" 

 

Damn. 

 

I immediately choked on my water and started coughing from her sentence. Yoojin had to pat my back just to stop me from coughing. Why does this girl keep thinking I'm into Krystal Jung? We're just friends, that's all. 

 

"Don't you think you guys paint a pretty picture? The most handsome guy in school and the prettiest girl in school together as a couple. Wow." She clasped her hands together and seemed like she was thinking about Krystal and I together. If only I can erase that picture in her head. This girl… she's really unbelievable. She's one of a kind. I mean, just because I'm friends with Krystal doesn't make me interested in her. I'm friends with her too! Why isn't she thinking that I'm interested in her? Wait a second, did she just say… I'm the most handsome guy in school? 
 

"So you think I'm the most handsome guy in school?" I tried to change the topic altogether. I've got you, Jung Yoojin! 

 

Well, maybe I've caught her too fast because it was her turn to choke on water. "N-no. Th-that's just the school's opinion. N-not mine." She stuttered and I couldn't help but smile at her. She's really something, this girl. I think she's pretty cute. 

 

After we were done with dinner, Yoojin and I were walking along the streets when we saw an ice cream truck. Without even thinking twice, Yoojin pulled my arm to the ice cream truck. It was as if there were electricity sparks between us when she grabbed my hand. I just felt something tingling on my arm as I stared at her hand on mine. 
 

"Omo! Ice cream!" She exclaimed happily. Did I mention that she's pretty cute? 
 

"Chill Jin, haven't you seen ice cream before?" I . Maybe teasing her wasn't such a good idea because she held up a fist as if wanting to hit me. I flinched and then I took the initiative and went to order.  

 

"Ahjusshi, one strawberry and one chocolate please." 
 

Nervously, I held out both ice cream cones. This time, I really didn't know which flavour she likes so I just chose the two most popular flavours. She must like at least one of them right? 
 

"How did you know I love chocolate ice cream?" She grinned and took the chocolate ice cream from me. Yes! I knew it was at least one of these two. It has to be. 
 

Okay, play it cool again. You can't be caught now. 

 

"Lucky guess?" I shrugged. 

 

"How can you be so lucky all day? First it was Krystal—" she paused and turned to me. "Say, what do you think of her?" 

 

Hearing that name again, I stopped in my tracks and sighed. When will this girl ever listen? I'm not even the least bit interested in Krystal alright? I'm… I'm interested in you, Jung Yoojin. You're one really special girl that I've seen having such a kind heart. You're really… one of a kind. 

 

"Will you stop mentioning her? We're just classmates." I said to her and gave her a really serious glance. I'm not even kidding. Please, don't try and put Krystal and I together again okay? If there's anybody that I want to be put together with, I'd rather it be you. Someone who has a heart of gold. 

 

Staring at Yoojin, I felt my expression softened and I broke into a gentle smile. I may have shocked her by my seriousness. I then laughed and ruffled her hair. 

 

The both of us continued walking and I've decided to just walk her all the way back home. It's late and I wouldn't want a high school girl to be wandering around alone this late at night. I'll be worried. 
 

"Ommo, Myungsoo we're at my house!" Yoojin pointed out once we reached her place. Took you long enough to notice, Jung Yoojin. At least now I know you're safe back home. 

 

"What's wrong?" I asked.

 

"How are you going to go home?" She asked worriedly and honestly, I felt good seeing her worried about me. It made me feel like I'm finally important enough to her I guess. As a friend. 
 

I smiled, unknowingly. "I can always walk back." 

 

She frowned and gave me an apologetic look. It's not even her fault, I wanted to walk her back. 

 

"Alright, text me when you're back home okay?" She said. See what I mean by a really kind person? 

 

I nodded and gestured for her to go back in. Since I came all the way here, I'll only be able to sleep in peace if I saw her back home safely. In her own home.

 

Once she was safely inside, I left and made sure to remember to text her when I'm back. Laying down on my bed, I smiled to myself. Jung Yoojin oh Jung Yoojin… you are something, you know that? I smiled to myself one more time before I realized how smitten I am by this girl. 

 

(Chapter 11) 
 

-- 
 

The very next morning, Yoojin was running late to meet us and I am not the least bit surprised. Sunggyu had warned me that this is common and I shouldn't worry because as much as Yoojin is always running late, she somehow still manages to be on time. Just like now. Strangely enough, this morning, Howon was late as well. Something that hardly happens according to Sunggyu. 

 

"Sorry guys, I'm late!" He announced and immediately took Yoojin in a headlock. Which of course, Yoojin broke free. She rummaged through her back and pulled out a familiar looking phone before passing it to Howon. 

 

Howon's eyes widened as he saw the phone in Yoojin's hands. Could it be… his? 

 

"Oh my god, I've been searching my entire house for it! Thanks Jin!"
 

Bingo.

 

"You dropped it in my room last night." Yoojin said and my eyes widened this time. 

 

"Bwoh?! Why were you in her room last night?" Woohyun was the first to respond and I'm sure he has voiced the thoughts of everyone else. Last night I'm pretty sure it was late when I sent her back and somehow Howon was with her? How late must it have been and why would he even be there so late? I stared at Yoojin, trying to connect the dots and figure it out but I couldn't find a reason as to why Howon would be over so late. Just why? 

 

Yoojin looked at me and I immediately diverted my attention to the two childish kids arguing. And by the two childish kids, I meant Howon and Woohyun. I had  went up to stop them in case Yoojin found me staring at her. There's just something to Howon and Yoojin that I can't quite put a finger to it. Just what is their relationship with each other? Are they just best friends? They have to be, right? 
 

--

 

"Okay class, I have a project for you guys to work on." Miss Han, our biology teacher announced and there were groans everywhere. I'm guessing the students here hate project works. Previously in my old high school, everybody loved them. Because it means we get to go to each other's houses and have fun instead of doing real work. And it was the perfect excuse to go over someone's house to play. We could all say we were just doing the project but in actual fact, we were all just having fun. Until the last day before submission came and then we'd finally start on the project. I've had to stay up many nights because of this but I admit that it was fun while it lasted. No regrets. 

 

"You will form groups of three and work on the anatomy of the human body. You can make posters, pictures, models, whatever is it I don't care as long as you get it done." Miss Han continued. Some of the guys snickered and I could only shake my head at what they were thinking. Immature thoughts, I suppose. "Okay, so that's all for today." Miss Han said one last time before she left us to decide on our groups. 

 

The first person that came to my mind was my trusty table partner, Jung Yoojin. I'm sure she's a responsible person and we will get it done fast. Speaking of fast, I guess I wasn't fast enough because Jieun and Jooyeon had already turned around to ask Yoojin to be in a group with them. 

 

I half-wished she would reject them but I couldn't be so selfish too. Yoojin turned to me, as if to see for a reaction. "But Myung—" 

 

"It's alright, I'll find another group." I smiled. Yeah, I can't be so selfish. She has her own choice of freedom as well. We can always work together some other time. Without even having time to process anything, Hyuna and Krystal had came over to asked if I wanted to be in a group with them. I had no reason to reject so I said yes. I smiled at them, while trying to hide the disappointment that I didn't get to group with Yoojin. Next time then. There's always a next time. 

 

Thankfully, Yoojin had waited for me to go have lunch together. See what I mean by she's really a nice person? 
 

"Sorry, I wanted to group with you as well but… Jieun and Jooyeon are my friends too." She started and I could tell that she really felt bad. I laughed on the inside. There's nothing to feel bad about actually, it's just a project. Despite my disappointment, I'm glad that she at least had the thought of grouping with me. 

 

"It's alright. I didn't say I wanted to group with you anyways." I joked, trying to make her feel better and she smiled. That's it. Smile more, Yoojin. 

 

"You've been hanging out with the two devils too often." She referred to Howon and Woohyun. Oh have I? Maybe I did but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. 
 

During lunch, I noticed the way Woohyun was treating Yoojin. He was protecting her from eating the spicy stir fried chicken again since it might be too spicy for her to handle. Woohyun must really care for her a lot I guess. Well, I had noticed for the past few weeks that Yoojin really liked to drink grape juice so I decided to get one for her today. I shoved it in front of her and tried to played it cool. 

 

Act natural Kim Myungsoo. Act natural. 

 

"You can have it."

 

"I take back about you being mean." Her eyes literally lit up when she saw her favourite drink in front of her and I'm starting to think she loves food more than she loves her friends. 
 

We were just having lunch peacefully when suddenly two shadows emerged. It was Hyuna and Krystal who interrupted our good time. Hyuna only had her eyes fixated to Howon and she even greeted him. "I'll see you around Howon." 


Whoa, since when were the both of them ever close? I turned to Yoojin immediately for answers but she had a weird look on her face. It was more of an strained look, like she couldn't wait to know all the answers to the questions in her head. I'm pretty sure she doesn't even realized it but she asked out loud. 
 

"How do you guys know each other anyways?" Her voice was strained, like something was stuck to the back of . 
 

"Oh, she's my dance partner for the carnival showcase." Howon replied casually and I glanced at Yoojin again for her reaction. 

 

"Oh." She said shortly and it sounded disappointed. 

 

Why is she even disappointed? Just what is with Yoojin and Howon? 

 

Well, Yoojin obviously caught me staring and gave me a weird look. "Why are you staring at me like that?" She asked. 

 

"Nothing. Just wondering how funny your face looked." I tried my best to cover up my real thoughts. To which I think she believed me because she nudged me in the ribs and it really hurts, mind you. Also, she gave me what she called her "classic death glare". Honestly, I wouldn't call it a death glare. She looks exceptionally cute with that glare and I couldn't help myself. 

 

"Cute." I muttered out softly before continuing my lunch. She really is cute and I really want to know what really happened between Yoojin and Howon. Please, tell me they're not in some sort of a weird relationship. I can't handle that. I don't think I can handle that. My heart started beating faster and faster and I felt my face creeping up with heat. I'm just lucky that the rest were talking non-stop that nobody noticed me. 
 

I smiled to myself as I remembered Yoojin's adorable "death glare". I think I'm falling fast and hard and I might crash anytime soon. Jung Yoojin, what have you done to me? 
 

(Chapter 12)

 

--
 

The next morning, we had gathered in front of Woohyun's house before heading to meet Bomi. When I got there, I saw Sunggyu wearing a jacket in this hot weather. Well, it's not exactly very hot but it isn't cold as well. Not cold enough to require a jacket anyways. Sunggyu looked okay, he doesn't look sick or anything but yet he's wearing a jacket as if he was cold. 
 

Apparently, I was not the only curious one as everybody else was questioning Sunggyu about it. It does seem strange. Sunggyu calmly answered our questions by saying that he was feeling a little chilly and that stopped me from questioning further. Maybe he just doesn't want to talk about it or he might really be chilly. 

 

However, Woohyun was persistent about it. He didn't stop questioning all the way even until we reached school that Yoojin had immediately pulled him away to stop him from asking more questions. Come to think of it, Yoojin was the only one who didn't question Sunggyu at all. There must be something that Yoojin knows that we all doesn't. Isn't it? 

 

As Yoojin walked away with Woohyun, I decided to wait for her at the hallways right outside class. I'm pretty sure there's something going on that only Yoojin knows. 
 

I waited there for a few minutes and I finally saw Yoojin heading in my direction. 

 

"Yah, why aren't you in class yet?" 

 

I shrugged. There's no reason why but I just decided to wait for her. "Won't be the same without you there." Which is true anyways. I've only interacted with Yoojin mostly so I guess she's my only close friend in class. The others I’ve  mostly just have casual conversations but it was different from the ones I had with Yoojin. 

 

"I'll be there in a short while silly." She shot me a look and I felt myself soften at her expression. The way she called me 'silly' sent a warm vibe down my spine. 

 

"I'm only silly around you I guess." I muttered out softly, hoping that she didn't catch any of that. She doesn't need to know anyways. 

 

Once we got to class, I decided to bring up the thing with Sunggyu. I'm positive she knows something. 

 

"What happened to Sunggyu?" I asked confidently despite me not knowing anything. 

 

Yoojin averted my gaze as she tried to think of something. I can totally see her thoughts laid out on the table as she was thinking of what to tell me. "W-what's wrong with Sunggyu? Isn't he just… sick?" She stuttered. 

 

Definitely something going on. Something only Yoojin knows. 
 

Then again, if Sunggyu doesn't say anything about it and Yoojin is trying to hide something, it obviously means that he doesn't want people to know and so I shouldn't put them on the spot. "If you say so."  I stared at her. It was a way of telling her that I know there's something but I'm not going to press on and she can always tell me whenever she wants. Yoojin looked back at me and she seemed like she was trying to read what I was thinking but she gave up in the end. Not so easy, lady. 

 

During lunch, that tall basketball guy and his friend walked over and whistled at Yoojin, which got her really agitated. She looked like she was ready to jump on him and headlock him like she usually does to the other guys as she set down her spoon. The two guys apparently found her reaction satisfactory and they further by making hearts with each other. 

 

After the two guys left, Yoojin stood up with her tray. "That's it. I'm not sitting next to you." She said to Woohyun and made her way over to sit next to me. I looked at Woohyun's clueless face and wondered what was that for. 
 

"Chill Jin, you know they're just kidding." Sunggyu said calmly. 
 

"I spent a year being his 'girlfriend' last year and I don't want to be anymore." She replied. 

 

Wait, what?

 

I was too shocked to even process what Yoojin had just said and I ended up choking on my rice. I was coughing hysterically when Yoojin pat me on the back to help me stop coughing. "Yah, are you okay?" She asked me softly and kindly. I nodded and tried to gather my thoughts together. What was she talking about? Being Woohyun's girlfriend? 

 

Howon then started explaining to me about this rumour that happened last year and how it escalated because Yoojin and Woohyun are such good friends. I looked at Yoojing and sighed in relief. So it's just a rumour then. Yoojin doesn't actually like Woohyun in that way.

 

Throughout lunch, I kept my eyes fixated on her and I noticed that she's a little shy and flustered after that whole facade and then I noticed her gaze. Every time she looked at Howon, she would immediately look away and her face had this little blush. I stared at her in disbelief. So… it was not Woohyun all along but Howon? Lee Howon? 

 

--

 

After school, Yoojin had used a really weird method to get rid of me. She kept asking me to do something about what I'm going to showcase at the carnival and I kind of got the hint that she didn't want me around. What is she up to now? She's really interesting isn't she? I am so curious as to what she's going to do and just all the things revolving around her. 

 

Well, I took her hint and left her alone when I started to think about my photo to showcase at the carnival. I had already thought of something but I just haven't taken the photos yet. I thought that my ideas just seem to be lacking that 2% to really captivate people. Until I finally figure out what's best for my carnival photo, I still have zero drafts waiting. I guess that's just how high my expectations are for my own photos. I want them to be perfect before I'm satisfied. I know I'm being harsh on myself, but I find that since this is something I love, I want to do it to the best of my capabilities. If I can make my photos perfect, it should be perfect. Another thing is that I'm not even worried about the dateline. If there's anything I should worry about, it shouldn't be the dateline. Datelines should not be the one in control of my creativity. If I cannot get a perfect shot before the dateline, so be it. 

 

I was just about to head to the photography room to maybe find something to do when I saw Howon across the hallway. 

 

"Don't you have dance practice today?" I asked him, seeing him still in his uniform and not his dance clothes. 

 

"Ah, Hyuna couldn't make it for dance practice. What about you?" 

 

"I've nothing on." 

 

Howon then came over to put an arm around my shoulder. "Then let's go grab something to eat! Even after lunch I'm still hungry. I wonder if there's something wrong with my stomach." Howon led the way and I followed. I've nothing on so why not? 

 

Just as the two of us were about to leave school, we spotted Woohyun and Sunggyu walking out as well. 

 

"Hey! Gyu! Namu!" Howon called out and the both of them turned back. "Don't you guys have practice today?" 

 

"Cancelled!" The both of them replied together with a wide smile. 

 

The four of us then decided to go grab a bite and have some ddeokbokki before heading home. As we were walking, I noticed that Bomi wasn't here. What if she's free too but we didn't call her out? Wouldn't that be bad of us? Yoojin seemed to be busy anyways and the guys didn't ask much once they saw that we weren't together. 

 

"Guys, what about Bomi?" I asked out of concern. 

 

"Ahhhh Bomi." Woohyun turned around and walked backwards as he answered my question. "By this time, she should be home. Her parents are really strict. Which is why she's never over for dinner at Jin's place, remember?" 

 

"Right…" I recalled the time they explained to me about Bomi having to leave early even if she goes to Yoojin's house. She never really had dinner with us before. 

 

"Speaking of Jin's place… want to go there for dinner?" Howon asked, with a mischievous twinkle in his eye. 

 

"Yes! Let's go after ddeokbokki!" Woohyun pumped his fist in agreement. 

 

"Won't we be self-inviting then?" I stated. It was true anyways. 

 

Woohyun and Howon then looked at me as if I was the crazy one amongst them. Both of them took a side next to me and placed their around my shoulders. 

 

"They always welcome us, with wide arms and awesome food. There's no need to feel shy." Howon whispered into my ear on the left. 

 

"They never say no to guests." Woohyun whispered on the right and Sunggyu just laughed. 

 

"They're always like that." Sunggyu pointed to the two who were still next to me, trying to convince me. 

 

Well I am sold. Yoojin's mom is an amazing cook and I absolutely adore her. 

 

The four of us then headed for the ddeokbokki stall before we headed to Yoojin's house. 

 

When we finally reached her house and let ourselves in, I realized why she wanted to get me busy. She had invited other classmates around and it would have been weird if we were all to hang out in her living room like we usually do. She gave me the 'unbelievable' stare as the four of us sauntered in and made ourselves comfy in her room upstairs. If I had super hearing, I could hear Yoojin exploding with rage from deep in her heart. We had spoiled her afternoon with some good friends. 

 

Dinner seemed pretty normal even with our two classmates joining in. I didn't talk much to Jooyeon or Jieun but they seemed like nice people to hang out with. Also, thanks Woohyun for helping to ease the awkwardness at the beginning. Everything is better with Woohyun's chattiness.  

 

Halfway during dinner, Yoojin had reached out for the spicy marinated crabs that her mom made. I didn't understand why she wanted to try them when her mom made those that are non spicy for her. I immediately reached out to stop her before she could even touch that plate. 

 

"It's actually very spicy." I warned her. 

 

She pouted cutely and then reached for the non-spicy ones instead. I felt my heart skip a beat but I kept it down as I took a huge mouthful of rice.

 

After dinner, Yoojin had walked out classmates to the nearest bus stop and the four of us crowd around her laptop that she had left on. From the history, the girls were watching videos of a group named Shinee. I think I've heard of them. Feeling curious, Howon decided to click on it and we all started watching this song that Shinee was singing—Green rain. Honestly, it's pretty good. 

 

Just then, Woohyun had received a call and left halfway, so it just leaves the three of us. When Yoojin got back, Howon insisted that he wanted to watch a movie despite it being a Monday night and we have school tomorrow. I didn't mind though because I do enjoy spending time here at Yoojin's place. 

 

Finally, Yoojin gave up and allowed us to watch a movie. Just one. Howon picked the movie and Sunggyu and I went to the kitchen to get the popcorn. 

 

While in the kitchen, I kept turning around to see Yoojin and Howon in the living room. Though I can't hear what they are talking about, they both of wore a serious expression and Yoojin's had an additional of worry. 

 

Once Sunggyu and I were done, Yoojin and Howon acted like nothing happened and the four of us sat down to watch the movie. I was sitting by the side, with Yoojin next to me, followed by Howon and then Sunggyu. 

 

I guess Yoojin must have been tired because somewhere along the movie, I felt a head rest against my shoulders. I froze and didn't dare move at all, afraid that I might wake her up. Sometimes, Yoojin would wake up by herself and realise that she was resting on my shoulders but then the next moment, she'll fall asleep again. 

 

The four of us never got to the end of the movie. Halfway through, Sunggyu suggested that we get some rest since Yoojin seems to be sleeping deeply already. 

 

"I'll help to clean up. Howon you keep the movie and Myungsoo, do you need help to carry Jin?" Sunggyu whispered. 

 

"I'm fine." I whispered back and carefully pushed her head away so I could actually get her to her room. Without even thinking twice, I lifted Yoojin up in a bridal style with all my strength back to her room. Mind you, I take photos, I do not work out and build those muscles like Woohyun and Sunggyu does. 

 

Settling Yoojin down on her bed, I looked at her resting face. So peaceful and calm. She really has a different sort of beauty as compared to the other pretty girls in school. And that is when I remembered this phrase: beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. 

 

So yes, I think Jung Yoojin is pretty. She is to me. 

 

(Chapter 13) 

 

 

 

 

 

 


It's a special chapter!!! I'm sorry it took so long for me to update the story but it's because I was busy planning out the special chapter(s)! (well, I think I gave it away because there will be more than 1 special chapter) The reason why it's special because it will be in Myungsoo's POV and his thoughts. From here, you all would be able to see how their relationship has evolved from the time the met until they really become close to one another and of course, Myungsoo crushing on Yoojin! Honestly, I have been writing this special chapter for some time but I didn't know where to insert it in so I had to write further chapters and then see where it would fit in! Which I have decided that the special chapters will fit in just right here! I also want to dedidate the special chapter(s) to all my loyal readers/commenters/suscribers/voters, those who give me encouragement to update even when I'm tired after a long day. Thank you. 

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter with Myungsoo's POV and I've even added in the specific chapters that I've referenced at the end because I swear this whole POV fits into Yoojin's POV too and you can go back and read it if you've forgetten what happened. 

I am extremely tired right now so I will have to do with proof reading it only once. Pardon me for any spelling and grammar mistakes but I promise I will check it again when I have the time! ^^ Love you all so much and do leave me a comment! ^^