Chapter 38

A Little Thing About Love

It's a new day at the art academy and Mrs Jung is still as scary as ever. Today, instead of just sketching, she started getting us to use colours. She began the class by teaching us the basics of using colours, water colour, paint, pastel, acrylic and all sorts of other materials. After which, she left us to do our own work based on a theme she had came up with.

"From this lesson onwards, I will have a theme each week and I want you to draw based on that theme and use the techniques that I've taught you at the beginning of the class. You can draw anything you want, relating to the theme of course. This week's theme will be 'love'." She announced to the entire class and everybody began scrambling to find our own spots to work on. As per the previous lesson, I sat behind Eunji and next to Yoonmi.

Love, what exactly is that? Would an eighteen year old me who just started dating know what love is?

"Now, I don't want you to think so hard. Draw whatever that comes to your mind. Once you start thinking so hard, you're not letting your heart do the thinking. Your brain starts working and you start analyzing. In the end, you'll just over analyze everything and you'll end up with nothing." Mrs Jung's voice sent chills down my back because she was literally standing right behind me as she said that. How did she even catch me thinking so hard? I nodded without looking at her and she stood there for about another ten seconds before she walked away. Both Yoonmi and I looked at each other once she left and we both let out the breath that we've been holding in.

"She really is something isn't she?" Yoonmi said and I agreed. She really is something.

Anyways, I finally got started and the first thing I did was to stare at my blank canvas. It was blank, and I didn't know what to draw on it based on love but what Mrs Jung told me was right. I should let my heart do the thinking and not my head. Which is exactly why I closed my eyes and took in a deep breath. The next time I opened my eyes, my hand just started moving and I was already sketching it out.

Mrs Jung walked around to helped the others with their skills and technique and she even stopped the class a few times just to teach us a few tricks up her sleeve. See, she's not all that bad,  I just know it.

Yoonmi seemed really stressed out this time because this is the fifth sketch I've seen her crumpled up. She didn't talk much and she kept sighing throughout the entire lesson. I wanted to ask her what's wrong but she seemed too distressed to even talk to me about it.

Regardless, the entire lesson went that way and I was just beginning to put in the colour when the lesson ended. As per the first time, Yoonmi didn't say much and she immediately left after the lesson ended.

"Why is she always bolting off after lessons?" Eunji said as she stared at Yoonmi exiting the class promptly. Yeah, I wonder where does she need to be so urgently anyways.

After lessons, I told Eunji that I couldn't hang out with her yet again but I would definitely love to. I really want to spend more time with her because she seems like a really nice and kind girl.

When I got to the cafe, I saw that Seoyong was there today and she was busy bickering with Chanyeol like she always does. "Oh Yoojin! You're here already!" She beamed when she saw me walk through those doors and she elbowed Chanyeol. "Go clean the tables, Yoojin will be in charge of taking orders now. You, clean." She pushed him in the direction of the empty and dirty tables and Chanyeol gave a snort.

"How I wish she wasn't back." He muttered to me when he walked past me.

"I heard that!" Seoyong shouted and Chanyeol turned around to give her a face.

I got changed and then headed to the cashier to take orders. I am getting the hang of this and I think I'm going to be an expert at this soon enough. Getting the customer's orders, writing down their names on coffee cups, dealing with cash and the change, it all seems so easy but yet it's actually kind of hard. But practice makes perfect and I am about to perfect this job.

I haven't even been at my shift for long when suddenly a familiar looking customer walked in. Well, I wouldn't exactly use the word familiar because I don't know him, but I've definitely seen him before. How would I know? It's because of his striking bleached blonde hair and that mysterious mask that he's wearing. I couldn't see his facial features except for his eyes. He was that guy who knocked down my stuff on my first day of lesson at the art academy.

He walked in and headed straight for the cashier. If he did recognize me, he didn't show it. He kept his eyes on the menu and then he pointed to the 'iced americano' on the menu before holding up one finger. He didn't say a word at all.

"So, one iced americano?" I confirmed with him as I keyed it in the computer system. He nodded in agreement.

"Having here or take away?"

He pointed towards the door and I guessed that means take away.

"Name please?" I asked out of habit because it's what I was taught to do whenever customers ordered take away coffee. I looked up at him for a response and he didn't remove the mask. I was staring at him and he was staring back. His eyes were fierce looking yet warm. There was this moment of awkward silence since he didn't reply me and then I took charge. "Right… I'll just put 'masked man' so if my colleague calls that, it'll be you alright?" The mysterious masked man simply nodded and I proceeded with the payment.

Seoyong was busy making the order for the masked man and when she was done, she stared at the name for a long while. I went to her and told her that it belonged to that mysterious guy, who was now waiting patiently by the side.

She gave me a puzzled look but called out "masked man" nonetheless. The masked man took that as his cue and came towards the counter to get his coffee. His hand was just about to reach for the coffee when somebody placed a hand on his shoulder, scaring the wits out of him.

"Yah! We're running late for the movie and you still have the decency to get a cup of coffee? Have you no concept of time? Let's go! We're going to miss the front part! And it'll all be your fault!" His friend, who happened to be blonde as well, came scolding him while the masked man was getting his coffee from Seoyong. Masked man's friend had some really long fringe that was swept to one side. If it wasn't for his cute looks, he would have looked kinda weird. He had cheeks that were so prominent that you just want to squish them. Wait, did I just think that?

I couldn't see clearly but I swear the masked man look like he was speaking through his eyes to his friend and he even rolled his eyes in frustration. He took his coffee promptly and thanked us with a small nod before heading out of the cafe with his fellow blonde friend. Two blonde dudes for a day is enough.

Once the both of them exited the  cafe, Seoyong immediately turned to me. "I like him. He's cute."

Puzzled, I decided to ask her. "Which one?" I mean, there was the masked man and then his friend, who is pretty good looking too. So it could be either of them.

Seoyong looked at me like she couldn't believe I had to ask that and then she gave a playful smile. "The blonde one." She winked and then headed back to work before I could reply. Wait what? Which blonde one?

--

The rest of the day went by as normal until it was time for closing. If I had to pick someone who struggled all day, it would be Chanyeol. Poor Chanyeol oppa has been cleaning all day and even when we were closing, Seoyong had ordered him to clean almost every corner of the cafe.

"That's why I don't even have to be the one to give orders." Manager Kim said to me and he stared at the pair bickering.

"They would make a good pair." I said to manager Kim and he looked right at me.

"Oh Yoojin, I would love to see that happen someday so I could finally have peace." He smiled at me, those wrinkles around his eyes didn't make him seem old but rather, wise.

As usual, Myungsoo came to pick me up today and I swear I almost scolded him for waiting out in the cold again. I just felt so bad that he has to wait for me in the cold when the cafe is all warm and snuggly. I made a note to myself to ask manager Kim if he could wait inside the next time.

Instead of a bento box today, Myungsoo had gotten me triangle kimbaps. It's something that I've seen him have a lot of times and I realized that he actually love those triangle kimbaps. Even if it's just rice and seaweed, he still loves and eats a whole lot of it.

We sat at the same bus stop waiting and he just watched me eat. Well, I'm guessing he was staring at the triangle kimbap more than me. I looked at my boyfriend and I saw him swallow his saliva. His Adam's apple was so prominent and he does look kind of y like that. Smiling to myself, I offered him the triangle kimbap that I had eaten halfway.

"Have it Myung. I'm full." I said to him.

"Really? You're always hungry after your work."

"I had a really filling dinner." I tried to keep my face as straight as possible so that I don't get caught lying. Myungsoo looked at me and then he thought about something for awhile and then he took my triangle kimbap. I wouldn't say that I was super hungry because seeing him devouring his favourite food made me full and contented. I guess that's how love is sometimes. The little things you do for your loved ones on a day to day basis. It doesn't mean that you have to say 'I love you' everyday but rather, your actions will speak for you. The little things Myungsoo does for me everyday like calling me in the morning, picking me up and getting me food after work, all these are little things that I may have taken it for granted everyday but I know he does it because it's his way of showing affection. I just hope that he can feel my affection through my little actions too.

After he ate, we started talking about how our day was and I listened to him, even though I did not understand half the things he's talking about due to all the professional terms. Nevertheless, I still enjoy listening him talk about the job he loves. Myungsoo always has his eyes lit up whenever he mentions about his work stuff and I like to see him being this happy. Even if I don't understand it, seeing him happy makes me happy. I guess that's what they call love isn't it?

I leaned my head against his shoulders on the bus and I held his hand in mine. There was no need for words and I felt comfortable in that position. Myungsoo was humming to one of my favourite tunes and before I even realize it, I've already fallen asleep on the bus.

"Hey Jin, we're here." Myungsoo nudged me when it was our stop and he led me down the bus. My eyelids were heavy and I was really tired. Like the kind and gentle person he is, he held my hand and led me back home.

"Myung, aren't you tired?" I asked him softly. He has always fetch me back from work and he has to report early to work the next day. I'm just worried that he may be too tired and I wouldn't want him to neglect his health like that.

"Even if I'm tired, seeing you makes all the fatigue go away." He said, sounding very cheesy.

I gave him a look.

"We haven't have time to spend with each other, so I think it's fine for me to come pick you up after work. At least then I can see you." He gave me his beautiful smile and I felt myself smiling back uncontrollably.

Like I said before, it's the little things that builds up our relationship. It's the little things that count. And tonight, I am so grateful for having someone like Myungsoo next to me and I promise myself that I will cherish this relationship of mine.

--

The rest of the week passed smoothly with Myungsoo picking me up everyday and me going to the art academy and then the cafe. I didn't see the mysterious blonde masked man anymore even though I think I may have saw him once in the hallways of the academy. He didn't come to the cafe anymore, maybe because his friend nagged at him the previous time. I'm still really curious about masked man, if he could talk or not.

The gang hasn't met up in awhile now because everybody was busy with work. Except maybe Woohyun and Howon. Howon texted me to tell me personally that he'd given in to his mom's wishes and go for business classes this break and I got a shock when I received that message.

"What?!" I called him immediately so that we could talk about it and he could explain everything to me.

"Chill Jin. Listen to me—"

"What happened?! How did it even happen? Tell me everything! From the start!" I interrupted him.

Howon sighed from the other end of the line. "You're not giving me the chance to speak Jin." And then I heard a chuckle on the other end.

"Okay," I took a deep breath. "Shoot."

"Right, so remember I told you I was going to do dance no matter what?"

"Yeah."

"I'm still going to do dance. It's just that… I thought maybe if I tried, and I really don't like it, my mom would finally give in. I don't want to seem like I'm stubborn or anything so I thought I would give it a try. I don't want to strain my relationship with my mom anymore. If doing this can make her happy for at least a few months, then I guess it's worth a shot." He explained to me and I softened up. He's right. Even now, he’s not doing anything much so why not go for the classes?

"I guess you can always keep your options open right?" I said to him.

"Well, that's a way of thinking but I've pretty much made up my mind."

"Howon-ah,"

"Yes?"

"I trust you. Whichever choice you make, I will always support you my dear friend." I smiled, even if he can't see me.

"Thank you Jin. This is why you're my best friend."

I don't even have to see him to know that he's smiling though the phone as well. If it were the past, him calling me only a best friend would have given me the bittersweet feeling but right now, I'm just happy that I can be there for him.

Sunggyu has been relatively busy as well. Besides working at the clinic, he's giving tuition classes at night now, just so he can earn that extra cash for his family. Sometimes I wonder if he's alright working so hard. His young shoulders filled with so much burden and the financial one seems to be the heaviest of all.

I had called him one night to ask him how he's doing and if he's feeling okay when I found out about him working at night too. I don't know why I had the urge to ask that but I just felt that Sunggyu needs someone to check with him about how he's feeling or he would just keep it all inside. Seeing how he trusts me to tell me his family condition so long ago, I figured he would trust me to tell me about his feelings.

"Gyu, how's things going?" I asked out of concern and also because we were all so busy to meet, I just wanted to find out what my best friend is doing now.

There was a moment of silence before he replied me. "Things are pretty fine I guess…" His voice trailed off and I could tell things weren't that fine but I didn't want to press him too hard. Sunggyu's the type of person where he needs to come clean to you himself, pressuring him would do no good.

"All right, I just wanted to see how you're doing. You know, you can always count on me." I told him.

There was another moment of silence before Sunggyu spoke up again. "Jin… I… I just wanted to tell you that I'm… I'm also working at night too. I’m giving tuition to high school students. I don't want you to worry about me because I'm fine. It's a pleasure to teach those kids and I really enjoy it. Even if I'm tired on some days. But I didn't tell you think so that you can worry about me alright? Just trust that I'm fine and that I need the money… for my mom."

"Gyu-ah… I will always always worry about you no matter what." I said to him. It is true because I just have that overprotective feeling over him that I won't let go.

Our conversation didn't last long as we talked because Sunggyu was feeling tired and I could tell by the strain in his voice that he was trying to stay awake for me but I didn't want to impose anything on him anymore so I just told him to rest.

Bomi, on the other hand, is someone I saw pretty often nowadays other than Myungsoo. She came over every once in awhile to pass me some art books she'd seen in the book store. Some she had actually bought it and given them to me but some she had asked the owner if she could borrow it for some time and the owner agreed. In fact, it came to a point where the owner thought she was interested in art. Every time she came, we would have a chat about how she's doing and stuff like that. Bomi's doing great, really. She seems to be enjoying her time at the book store since she gets to read when there's nobody.

Finally, last but not least, Nam Woohyun. I haven't heard from him ever since that night. He didn't come over as and when he liked anymore and he didn't even text me randomly like he usually does. Is this his way of trying to accept the fact that I'm dating? I'm not saying that it isn't a right way but I'm just… worried about him. I will always be worried about him no matter what because he's my best friend. I care about him. He told me to give him time and I agreed to do so hence I was thinking if I should even text him in the first place. What if he didn't want to talk to me? Would texting him make things worse? I mean, I said I would give him time right?

I was staring at my phone during work one day when Chanyeol looked over my shoulder and almost scared the hell out of me.

"What are you waiting for?" He said with that playful twinkle in his eye. "Your boyfriend's text?"

I gave him a look, because at this point in time, I've learnt to handle Chanyeol's straightforwardness and cheekiness.

"Aniya," I sighed and looked at my phone again. "I'm giving somebody time."

Chanyeol stared at me once more like I was crazy and he slowly backed away to Seoyong. "Yah, I think she went mad. Did we scare her or something?" He whispered loudly to Seoyong but I could totally hear it.

I turned around to face the both of them and they had a shocked look on their face. "I could totally hear that, oppa."

Seoyong then hit Chanyeol on the head and she stood next to me.

"My dear Yoojin, are you having problems with your handsome man?" She referred to Myungsoo and I jumped up immediately.

"Aniya, Myung and I are fine… it's just… a good friend of mine. I think he's ignoring me."

"Why why? Tell oppa about it, oppa will solve it for you." Chanyeol gave his bright toothy smile and I gave him an awkward look. Seoyong nudged Chanyeol away and put an arm around me.

"Only if you feel comfortable telling us Yoojin. Ignore Chanyeol."

I looked at my two older friends and I gave in. "Well… one of my close friend he errrr…" I felt awkward saying that somebody liked me because how often does that happen? It's just weird for me to say it out myself.

"He… what?" Seoyong prompted me to go on.

"Well, he confessed to me that he liked me but then I started dating Myung and Myung is our close friend too so I guess I've hurt him in some way and now he said that I need to give him time and so I'm giving him time but he's not talking to me anymore and I'm worried what if he's angry at me and we're not going to be friends anymore? I can't lose a friend like him, I've known him for ages and I really like him as a friend so…" I trailed off, knowing that I've been going on and on and the two were just staring at me with their big eyes. Especially Chanyeol oppa. He has real big eyes that widened even more so when I kept going on.

Seoyong cleared and she looked like she was thinking much about my situation. "Hmmm… this is a tough one sweetie."

Chanyeol gave me a creepy smile that I don't even want to know the meaning of it. "That's simple Yoojin." This time, Chanyeol nudged Seoyong out of the way and stood close to me. "When a guy confesses, he never just wants to be friends. Even if he said so, he's probably still expecting something on the inside." Chanyeol's gaze looked so serious now that I'm actually beginning to believe that he's speaking from experience. "So he asked you to give him time. And that's what you should do. So he doesn't text you, you don't text him. If you text him first, he won't be able to get over you. He would still think you care and then you'll end up hurting him more." Chanyeol's facial expression changed from his usual goofy smile to a dead serious look and it's like one could see the hurt in his eyes. He must have had some bad experience that is similar.

"But that's the problem isn't it? He's not even texting her." Seoyong asked Chanyeol.

Chanyeol turned to face Seoyong and I could see the shock on Seoyong's face when she saw Chanyeol's expression. She'd probably never seen him this way before too.

"In any way, he's hurt. It takes a lot more than just plain courage for a guy to confess to the girl he likes. It's not as easy as you girls think it is. After so long, he finally musters up the courage only to get rejected? You think he'll just get over it in a few days? Don't you girls cry over breakups or rejected crushes for weeks? Either way, a broken heart needs time to heal and putting salt on the wound isn't the way to go." Chanyeol said bitterly to Seoyong and he just stomped off after he was done.

I have never seen him so serious and so… upset before. Yes, upset. That doesn't seem like a word you would usually use on bright and cheerful Chanyeol oppa but this time, it seems like he was seriously hurt and upset.

"Mwoh yah? I really don't get that guy sometimes." Seoyong said. "Anyways, I guess taking advice from a guy would probably be better. I hope you and your friend patch up soon Yoojin. You seem like a really good friend I wouldn't want to lose." She smiled at me and then went back to whatever she was doing.

I looked back at my phone and then I took another glance at Chanyeol. He seemed to be venting his anger and upset feelings at the empty table. I've never seen someone clean tables so roughly before. I guess Chanyeol oppa must really have had similar experience to be so bitter about this. Whatever he said about guys needing more than just courage to confess, I suppose it's true. If it were me, I wouldn't have the courage to even do so. Then… Woohyun must have been so hurt. Oh gosh. What have I done to my best friend?

For the rest of the day, I couldn't really concentrate despite trying really hard. I had almost gotten a customer's order wrong but luckily when I repeated the order, he'd corrected me. I noticed that the same goes for Chanyeol. He'd given up on fighting for the coffee making position with Seoyong and he went to clean the tables the whole day. He didn't talk to the customers like he usually did and he didn't talk to Seoyong as well. The only thing he said to me was to ask me to get him a cup of water and to pass him the towels. Maybe I shouldn't have told my problems to Chanyeol and Seoyong. Now it just seems like I've started a Cold War between them. Seoyong didn't say anything about Chanyeol's weird behavior and she continued working like everything was normal.

When the long day finally came to an end, Chanyeol still haven't got over whatever happened earlier and I felt extremely bad for ruining his day. I shouldn't have brought it up right?

"Oppa… are you okay? Are you still mad?" I asked him when manager Kim and Seoyong was doing their own tasks and Chanyeol, wiping the tables.

Chanyeol dropped the cloth and placed both arms on his hips. He let out an audible sigh. "It's not about being angry Yoojin. It's about being frustrated and suffocated. Sometimes, there's just so much you can do for a person until you realize that you'll always be the one on the giving end. Like I said, it takes more than just courage to confess Yoojin. Give him some time, and then maybe after awhile you can contact him first. I'm sure he'd want to hear from you after he's finally sought out his thoughts."

I stood there staring at Chanyeol oppa. He'd suddenly gotten so much wiser in this short time that I've known him. It was a refreshing image but at the same time, a bittersweet feeling. I guess Chanyeol oppa must have been hurt by some girl before too.

After the cafe had been closed and locked up, Chanyeol didn't even wait for Seoyong today and he just headed home straight.

"What's with this guy today?" Seoyong complained but she didn't dwell on it. "Anyways, I'll see you guys!" She waved goodbye to manager Kim and I before heading off.

I said goodbye to manager Kim and I saw someone at the corner of the street waiting in the cold. I know who it must haven been straight away and I left to go up and nag at him for waiting in the cold again.

"Yah! Kim Myungsoo! How many times must I tell you not to wait in the cold! I'm sure you could sit in the cafe until we're closing. Manager Kim is a nice guy, l'll ask him for you okay? No more waiting in the cold." I said sternly without even greeting him and walked straight ahead.

"Aniya, I really don't mind. I like seeing you work from the outside anyways." Myungsoo said as he came next to me and held my hand as we walked. His hands were freezing since he's been in the cold for some time and I frowned. I didn't want him to be cold. I miss his warm hands and it just pains me to see him standing out all alone in the cold. I reached into my pocket with my free hand and took out my heat pack. I had just opened the packet when I was coming out from the store and the packet was beginning to heat up. Taking the heat pack, I passed it to Myungsoo and placed it in his other hand's pocket. After which, I brought his hand that was holding mine into my pocket where I have another heat pack. This should warm up his cold hands.

I could feel Myungsoo looking at me from the side but I felt too shy to look back at him. "Gomawo." He whispered softly in my ear and we walked hand in hand to the bus stop.

Myungsoo had asked me if I was hungry and we could go to the convenience store but I just wanted him to get home and rest early so I said no. Even though I may just be feeling a little bit of hunger. Just a little. Not too much.

"So how was your day Jin?" Myungsoo asked as we were waiting for the bus and I thought back to my day. I was contemplating if I should tell him about the Woohyun problem that I was so worried about and after hesitating for a moment, I decided to be honest. I told him everything about me being worried about Woohyun and Myungsoo just listened intently.

"You think… you think he's angry at me?" I asked Myungsoo.

Myungsoo stopped to think but he didn't say anything and I know very well from that expression that he doesn't know the answer too. If he does, he wouldn't have to think so hard. That's just how Myungsoo is like.

"Jin-ah…" He started but I stopped him.

"Chanyeol oppa said to give him time, so I'll give him time. I should do that right? I mean, that's the least I could do for him right?" By this time, I really can't think of anything else to salvage my friendship.

Myungsoo then pulled me close to him, trying to keep me warm from the chilly winter night. "He'll come round. I'm sure he will. You guys have been friends since forever."

I leaned against his shoulders as we waited for the bus. I really hope so Myungsoo. I really do.

--

A few weeks has passed since then, I've been working hard at the cafe and going to the art academy. Chanyeol had went back to normal immediately the next day after that day and he didn't bring it up anymore. Maybe because both Seoyong and I didn't want to bring it up anymore seeing how he got so emotional the first time.

Sunggyu have been giving tuition and working at the clinic simultaneously and sometimes I'm really worried if he would overwork himself but he kept reassuring me that he was fine. I had even gone over to his house once to pass to him some side dishes that my mom made so that he doesn't have to worry much about food. Sunggyu had looked tired, but he looked happy. Seems like things with his dad had gotten a lot better and as long as he's happy, I'm happy for him.

I hardly have the time to speak to Howon now since he's busy with his classes and he's been studying really diligently. The only time I've spoke to him was when he called to ask how I was doing and the whole conversation instead turned into him complaining about how he's really not cut out for business management.

Bomi had been reading a lot in her store and she's been recommending me some really amazing books. It's just that I don't have the luxury of the time to read them all so I've only read one book so far. And it's the book she had given me about art.

Woohyun… I can only sigh at the thought of Woohyun. It's been really quite some time and there's still no news. A week more and it's going to be a month that he hasn't contacted me and I still don't know what he's doing. I've actually tried to ask Sunggyu about it but I guess he probably told Sunggyu to not say anything about it to me.

"Jin-ah… Woohyun… he…"

"It's okay Gyu. I understand if you cannot tell me anything."

"It's not that Jin. It's just… I'm sorry Jin. Woohyun needs time."

"Yeah, I get it. He needs time." I sighed.

"He's trying to get over you you know. Those feelings all these years… he's trying."

And that was the end of my conversation with Sunggyu about Woohyun.

Needless to say, I've been seeing Myungsoo almost everyday. He's been coming to pick me up everyday and most of our dates have been those short ones when we are on the way back home. I do have free days every now and then but Myungsoo has been too busy with his internship to even have dates. Our only free time is the weekends but even then, sometimes Myungsoo has to work overtime and help sort out files.

Also, the release date of the results is fast approaching and I don't even want to think about it. It also means that the year is ending and we would all be doing university applications soon enough. Gosh, I really don't want to think about it.

Today was one of my free days where I don't have to work so I just went to the art academy. I've gotten closer to Eunji whereas for Yoonmi, we hardly ever see her after lessons end. She would bolt straight out of the classroom as fast as she could and disappear down the corridors.

Also, I haven't seen the blonde masked man in some time so I was beginning to wonder if he ever was a student at the academy in the first place. Maybe not I guess.

After having lunch with Eunji, like finally, I made my way back home. It was a peaceful late afternoon and I was just strolling along the streets back home when I saw a familiar figure in front. He was wearing some sort of a uniform that looked like it was from a meat restaurant. I hesitated a little but I realised that I shouldn't avoid this anymore. I should just go up and talk to him. It's not like I intentionally went and look for him, I just happen to see him along the streets. Nothing wrong with that right?

Quickening my pace, I walked next to the familiar figure and he looked towards me.

"Hey Woohyun." I said to him with a smile.

"H-hey," he stuttered a little, probably still in shock seeing me out of a sudden.

Silence then hung in the air and it was weird because there was hardly ever silence with Woohyun around. He hates the silence and he would always try to bring up something to talk about so that there won't be any awkward silences. I guess that's why he has his way with people. He just doesn't want to have to deal with the awkwardness. But here we are, having that silence that he hates so much.

"You uh… you work now?" I pointed out his uniform.

Woohyun pulled his bag closer to him and carried on walking without looking at me. "Yeah. I work now." His answer was short and sweet. So unlike Woohyun.

"I thought you wanted to enjoy your break before university." I tried to bring up something that we can talk about.

"Well, it just happened." Woohyun said, almost bitterly.

Before I could even say anything else, Woohyun had stopped me. "I'm home already." He stared at me and I looked right back at him. So we have indeed reached his place. That was fast. Woohyun looked like he was about to add something else but then he stopped himself. "I should probably go."

Without even waiting for me to reply, Woohyun turned and headed in.

"Woohyun-ah!" I stopped him before he could go straight in. Luckily, he turned back. "Let's all gather someday, how does that sound?"

"Sounds good." He said and then he went back home.

Looking at his back view, I feel like suddenly there was more than just the distance of his front porch between us. The distance between Woohyun and I is so large that I feel like he's running away from me at full speed and yet I am trying to chase after him but to no avail. Woohyun-ah, Woohyun, how are we going to fix this?

Since I had no work today, I decided to go and pick Myungsoo up from work today. He’d always picked me up and bought me food, I thought maybe we could go out for dinner today.

I had found his building with ease because it was big and near the bus stop so I didn't even have to walk that far to reach his place. I loitered outside the building and I saw many people dressed formally walking in and out of the building. It was only until then that I realized how amazing my boyfriend is. He must have been really really good to even get an internship at this place. I'm just impressed at his ability. And of course, I'm proud of him.

After waiting for about an hour or so, more people started leaving the building and I assume it's because they have finally ended work. Men decked in suit and ties, women dressed formally with a tinge of arrogance in the air. It was a place where I felt small. So small that I wished these people would not even be able to see me. Here I am, a measly high school graduate at a place of high intelligence. Of course I don't belong. Well, not like these people paid any attention to this high school graduate anyways. They carried on their conversations on the phones. Couples walking out hand in hand after a long day of work and right there, I saw the man I have been waiting for.

Quickly, I made my way across the working class to catch Myungsoo before he leaves. He was wearing a long coat that looked extremely good on him, anything looks good on him to be exact, a dress shirt layered with a knitted sweater. He looked dashing and I felt my heart skipped a beat.

"Myung!" I called out to him as I walked into his vision of sight. Myungsoo was surrounded by young women wearing the same formal clothes as the other women who left the office and one was even helping him arrange the collar of his coat.

Myungsoo's eyes looked in the direction of my voice and his eyes lit up when he saw me. He gave those office ladies a polite bow and quickly came over to me. Without even saying a thing, he placed his arm around my waist and we walked off.

"Thanks for saving me." He said softly as he pulled my closer towards him. I smiled to myself and placed my arm around his waist as well and we walked away from his office.

The both of us then decided to eat at a guksu shop nearby and Myungsoo was gulping down his noodles like they were all just soup.

"Slow down Myung! You'll get indigestion this way!" I placed down my chopsticks and watched him eat. I feel like I could be full just by watching him stuff his face.

Myungsoo took one last gulp of his soup and let out a satisfactory "ahhhh".

"Oh right, what brings you here at my office? I thought you have a break today." He asked.

I scoffed and lightly hit his head with my chopsticks. For someone so smart like him, how is it he doesn't get it?

"It's because I have a break today so I came to find you! I thought maybe we could finally have a good dinner together instead of those bus stop dates."

Myungsoo smiled at me and took another mouthful of soup.

"Besides, what's with all the girls surrounding you earlier? Are you that popular in the office?" I decided to just a little.

Myungsoo stopped eating and looked at me. I gave him a "so?" look at he froze.

"Well… errr…" He stuttered.

"I guess they just don't know you well enough. If they know you, I don't think they'll still flock around you like that." I stuck out my tongue at him.

"Yah! What's that supposed to mean? Am I not likable?"

"I didn't say that."

Myungsoo gave me a face and I snorted.

"There's no point acting like a cute little puppy" I pinched his cheeks from across the table. "I'll be watching you from now on." I gave my death glare but Myungsoo just laughed. He just laughed! How dare he! I picked up my chopsticks and hit his head once last time. "Eat up!"

After dinner, Myungsoo had sent me back home like he usually does. As we walked hand in hand under the dim moonlight back home, he took my hand and caressed it softly.

"Jin-ah," he spoke softly in a deep voice that I find myself drowning in.

"Neh?"

"Don't worry too much okay?"

I was momentarily shocked. How is it Myungsoo always knows what I'm thinking? Is he psychic? Sending my silence, Myungsoo carried on.

"You worry too much. About the future, about… Woohyun. Don't worry too much okay? Everything is going to be just fine. Woohyun is going to be just fine as well so stop worrying and just live in the moment okay? Be happy for yourself. You're working at a café like you've always wanted to. You're attending an art academy, doing what you love most. Enjoy the moment, please?" Myungsoo said seriously as he tightened his grip on my hand. "I want to see you happy Jin. You've been worrying so much, you deserve to enjoy this moment yourself. It's your moment."

I stopped in my tracks and stared at out intertwined hands.

"But—"

"No buts Jin. For once, think about yourself. For me, please?"

Myungsoo's eyes were pleading and he looked like a puppy asking for forgiveness. How can I say no to those eyes?

Slowly, I nodded and Myungsoo finally broke out into a smile. It was that beautiful smile with his cute dimples. "Thank you." He muttered to me and gave me a kiss on the cheek. As always, Myungsoo sent me all the way to my front door and he gave me a peck on the lips before he left.

When I got back home, I thought about his words as I lay on my bed. Yes, I have been worrying so much. Worrying about my results and recently about Woohyun as well. I have an amazing part time job that I enjoy, an art academy that I couldn't wait to go again and a boyfriend that cares so much for me, but I don't think that my life is perfect at the moment. There's just so many other things that I don't have control of and I won't ever have control of. That moment, I realized that life can never be perfect. Things will never be perfect. It's up to you to be contented and enjoy the moment. The perfection that we have always dreamed of, it is what we make of it. When you're happy and contented, then only will your life be that perfection that you've always wanted.

 

 

 

 

 

 


Hello my lovely readers! I'm back!!! I don't know how to explain my long break away from writing because it has been a mix of my health and my studies but now that studies are out of the way, it's time to finally update this story! I am so so so apologetic for the long wait and I hope you guys still remember that there is this story out there somewhere! hahaha anyways, I haven't been well recently and I don't think I have been this sick in my entire life so please bear with me! I will try my best to update often because I want to finish this story before the end of the year. As I've said, I will try but no promises! Do look out for the next chapters and continue giving your support! I will reply to comments so do leave some! You know I love reading them. Also, don't forget to suscribe! Love you guys loads!