Chapter 25

A Little Thing About Love


The basketball competitions keep getting fiercer and fiercer. As the guys make it to the next round and the next round, the competition only gets tougher as the best remains. One other good news is that Sunggyu has started to play in a few matches again. Well, technically he only started playing last week and they had two matches to which we went to support yet again. What's a match without our support anyways? We always head down to support the guys even if it’s just a friendly match.

I could tell that despite Sunggyu recovering slowly from his wrist injury, he was still affected by it. The last match, he hardly scored because of the injury due to his wrist. It had eventually affected his shooting. We were all sad to see Sunggyu so beaten up because of his mistakes on court but it's really not his fault if his wrist is giving him problems. However, Sunggyu tried to remain positive at the end of the day and he would always say that he's glad it was his left wrist that was injured and not his right wrist.

See what I mean by the heavens is unfair?

But because the guys were really good, they have made it to the semi-finals, which will be happening this week. If they do make it to the finals, it will be held next week. The guys will then have a break after the competition ends and prepare for the carnival with us for about a week or so and it will then be the actual carnival.

I'm actually really excited about the carnival because based on past experiences, the performances were A plus and the games were fun. I'm not saying that the performances were great because Howon had a solo in junior year but they were really good in general. I just remembered Howon because at that time, I was so impressed and so proud that I had such a talented friend.

Meanwhile, my art piece is slowly being put together. The colours were pretty much set but every time I looked at it, I would still find places that needs improvement and then I'll work on it. It wasn't easy to satisfy myself.

Ever since I had that conversation with Myungsoo about what to study in university, I've been keeping that as my aim. To study art. I checked the entry requirements for the course in Seoul National University and wow, it's not easy to get in. Of course, you need good college entrance test results but you also have to present a portfolio. I've heard that if you're really really good, they would let you off about your college entrance test but it still has to be within the acceptable range. This, will be Jung Yoojin's biggest challenge ever.

The good thing is, I have been interested in art for as long as I have studied. It's just more interesting than studying anyways. Therefore, I actually have quite a few masterpieces from previous art competitions and just random pieces I've kept while randomly drawing. Time to get that portfolio working. Also, if I did present a really good piece at this carnival, it could help boost my portfolio too.

From time to time, I actually went to spy on Myungsoo to see how he's progressing but he never lets me see his piece. He'll be at the computer editing over and over and every time I'm over, he shuts it or covers it so I couldn't see.

"Just find out for yourself during the carnival." He'll always say to me.

"Fine." I stuck my tongue out at him. "You can only see mine during the carnival too."

"Fine with me." He shrugged.

I frowned at his response. Is he not excited for my art piece? I swear it'll blow him away. I'm so confident of it. Okay, maybe not that confident but I think it's good right? It has to be because this concerns my future now.

So the previous weeks for us have been the same. We have been preparing for the carnival. According to our reps, sales of our carnival tickets have been really popular and we could expect a crowd on that day. My class is preparing for a games booth this year. You would have to use darts to pop balloons on a spinning wheel and then you'll get prizes. It sounds really lame but trust me, you'll be wanting to play once you see those prizes.

Anyways, Myungsoo and I dropped by to see how our other classmates were doing as they were busy getting decorations ready.

"Hey Yoojin! Myungsoo!" Jooyeon cried out once she saw us.

I waved frantically at my two friends from class and went to join them.

"Help us Yoojin! You're an art club member you should be good at this." Jieun cried out and pointed to the decorations that she has to paint.

I just laughed and took over the paint brush.

"Yah Myung, let's do it together." I said as I handed him a brush so he could help out as well. He gave me a stumped look.

"I'm bad at this." He confessed, giving me that puppy face that made him look so adorable.

"It's not that hard. C'mon I'll show you!" I dipped the brush in some paint and started painting in one direction. "Just paint it in a direction."

"Like that?" Myungsoo said as he showed me his skills.

"Yeah, but do it softly so that the lines aren't too obvious. It'll then come out nicely like it was printed." I said as I helped him with the brush. He was holding it too low and so I adjusted his hands until it was at the correct length.

"Do it like this." I held onto his hand and painted a small area with him just to show him how's it done.

There was then a snicker coming from beside us. "Aigoo, the both of you should just film 'We Got Married'!" Jieun teased the both of us.

I looked at our hands and immediately let go. "Yah!" I held up my own brush and wanted to throw it in her direction but she just laughed.

I then looked towards Myungsoo who was just laughing away at my reaction and I glared at him for him to zip it. It's not funny. His face immediately straightened up after the glare and he gave me a small meek nod, as if saying that he's afraid of me, before he went back to painting like how I taught him.

I then continued to help out with the painting when I spotted someone from afar heading towards our direction. He was not alone and the sight of the other person together with him just made me sick.

Howon waved to the both of us from afar and he ran over straight after. I grunted because Hyuna was together with him.

"Why do they have to appear together?" I whispered to Myungsoo.

"Don't think about it." Myungsoo whispered back and I pouted. So maybe this is how Hyuna felt whenever she saw me with Howon right?

So anyways Howon was running towards us and he handed a packet of drink right in front of me. I looked up at him, staring in wonder.

"Take it." He said. "Your favourite."

I looked at the drink. It was my favourite grape juice packet. But the thing is, he had already drank some of it. He gave me a nudge, signalling for me to take the drink and I did.

"You can finish it." He said as he sat down to look at our class's decoration. "Wow, I think this is much better than my class." He said to the both of us and Hyuna finally managed to catch up to him.

"Don't you have dance practice?" Myungsoo asked. Thank you Myungsoo, just what I wanted to ask.

"We're just taking a break." Howon replied and Hyuna just stared on awkwardly. The atmosphere with her here was slightly awkward. Even though we were classmates and all knew each other. But Hyuna and I don't seem to get along exactly that well.

"Can I paint too?" Howon asked cutely like a little boy.

Myungsoo handed him a brush. "Sure, why not?"

"Yah, this is our class's masterpiece. Go away." I joked and he made a face. Remind me again, why do I like this childish idiot here?

Howon took the brush and started brushing it the wrong way and I immediately stopped him. "Yah! You'll ruin it!"

"Aniya, I'm good at this." He freed himself from my grip and continued painting in a really ugly way. If there's something Howon can't do, it'll be to paint. He really .

I had to hit him continuously until he finally agreed to stop. "Now I have to clean up after you!" I pointed to the spot he painted.

"Wow Howon, you sure are bad." Myungsoo said after looking at what he painted. See, even Myungsoo agrees.

Howon just laughed after he looked at his 'masterpiece'. He just laughed. "I'm sorry Jin." He continued laughing and I pouted at him, not caring if Hyuna was there and sending me death glares.

Did I mention that this guy is such a boy at times?

Howon then stood up and looked at Hyuna. "We've had a long break, time to head back to the studios."

I frowned at the thought that the both of them spending more time together when suddenly a fist came right in front of my face. I thought I was going to get punched or something and I closed my eyes.

"For you Jin." I peeked open my eyes and saw my favourite milk candy in Howon's hands, offering it to me. I took it without hesitation because hey, it was my favourite candy. Howon gave me that charming smile of his before turning to Myungsoo and tossed him one as well. "See you guys later. We're heading home together right?" Howon asked and I nodded.

Watching his back view as he headed off with Hyuna, I suddenly felt the jealousy burning up in me. They're going to be spending time together again. Aish, stop thinking about it. It's just for the carnival. He's just practicing for the carnival.

Myungsoo and I then decided to head off to find Bomi just to see how she's doing. We found Bomi with her class and she was busy getting the decorations for the booth in place as well. Bomi's class was in charge of selling street snacks such as tteokbokki, fish cakes and other stuff that you see at those street carts.

"Bomi!" I waved at her and she waved back enthusiastically. She was trying to measure the amount of fabric that she needed for the decoration of the booth and she was struggling with the fabric. Let's just say fabrics aren't easy to deal with if it’s really long and gigantic.

"We'll help you." I said and I got up to help fold the fabric smaller into the dimensions that she wanted. Myungsoo helped me with the other side as Bomi measured the fabric and then marked out the areas she was going to cut.

"What brings you guys here?" She said after she was done marking and began cutting the pieces that she wanted.

"We were just having a break but Jin seems to think that she's done for the day." Myungsoo said evilly.

"Yah!" I lightly punched him for speaking such nonsense about me.

Myungsoo just shrugged. "We have been taking a really long break."

"Right…" It then hit me how we were supposed to only take a short break but it escalated into a really long one. We've been gone for too long. I need to go back before my paint dries out.

"Let's go home together Bomi-ah! See you later!" I said as I waved her goodbye. Time to get back to the stuffy art room to finish what I needed to finish today.

"Jin!" Bomi called out just after Myungsoo and I left and I turned around to see her smiling at me. "Dinner at my place tomorrow after the game?"

"Call!" I shouted back in excitement. Finally, we are going to go to Bomi's house for dinner! "I'll let the others know!"

The semi-finals were tomorrow and of course, we are going down to support the guys. If they win, they'll head straight to the finals. Which is why they had light training today. While the entire school is getting ready for the carnival, the basketball guys were training hard under the hot sun to fight for the glory of the school.

Anyways, the six of us went home together as usual and Woohyun was being kinda gross by sticking really close to me while he's sticky and sweaty. He knows I hate it and he's doing it on purpose just to annoy me.

"Yah!" I shouted at him and pushed him away on his chest but his shirt was soaked. My hands were disgustingly wet now, covered in his sweat. "Ewwwww!" I faked a cry as I held up my slightly wet hands and I turned towards Myungsoo. He gave me a glare that meant "don't you dare" but I didn't care.

"Yah Jung Yoojin!" He shouted at me as he ran away from me so that he wouldn't have Woohyun's sweat on him.

"What am I going to do about this?" I faked another cry as I looked at my sweat-covered hands. Sunggyu then threw me a towel so that I can wipe my hands but after I was done wiping, Woohyun came really close to me again.

"Jin, he used that to wipe his sweat during training." Woohyun whispered in my ear, but loud enough for everybody else to hear.

I sobbed even more. "This is so gross! I'm going to shower a hundred times today." I cried on the way home and they all just laughed. Why do they love to pick on me so much.

"Oh! Bomi said that we're allowed to go to her house for dinner tomorrow after the game." I announced before we part and the guys cheered.

"Bomi-ah, so does this mean we finally get to see how your brother looks like?" Howon asked enthusiastically.

"Yeah! The mysteries eldest Yoon son, I really wonder how he looks like considering how you're always saying that he's super smart." Woohyun added in.

Bomi smiled awkwardly and looked down shyly. "Errrr, he won't be in tomorrow. He's at the university dorms."

Woohyun and Howon both let out groans of disappointments. Seriously, what's with the both of them being so interested in her older brother?

We then parted ways and I went home to try and do some studying. Of course, it wasn't as productive as I wanted it to be because I was texting Myungsoo. Howon had actually texted me but he didn't reply after awhile so I just assumed that he was busy studying as well.

Basically, Myungsoo and I were just talking about random stuff and he even helped me over the phone about things that I weren't sure about. He sure is very smart, this kid. So that was just how my day came to an end. I really can't wait for tomorrow because of the semi-finals match. I'm really excited for it and I really hope the guys do get through to the finals. Despite Sunggyu still not back in his top-notch condition, I really hope they do well.

--

Save me a seat. I'm on my way!

"Of course I'll save you a seat. Right in front of our team, fifth row from the back." I said while I texted the exact same thing in my phone. We were at the sports arena where the semi-finals will be taking place. After a long day at school, we fulfilled our promises of heading down to support the basketball guys but a certain someone is too busy to do so.

That certain someone just happens to be the guy I like at the moment. Lee Howon. He said that he has to practice his dance before heading down but he promises that he'll be there on time. I looked at the clock and then back at the guys warming up, getting ready and Howon was still nowhere to be seen. Of course, Myungsoo, Bomi and I saved him a seat.

Since getting into the semi-finals is a big thing, there were a lot of people from my school that headed down to support them. Especially the girls, since it was the guys’ team and all. There were so many Woohyun fans around as well, I mean, the girl sitting in front of me is a Woohyun supporter. I could just tell because since we arrived, she had not stopped talking about Woohyun. Apparently, she's only a junior, which means she's a year younger than I am.

"I have watched all their matches and practices and Woohyun sunbaenim is seriously super hot and super talented!" She shrieked as she started fangirling over Woohyun to her friend next to her.

"I like Dongwoon sunbaenim! He has such charming eyes." The girl next to her said dreamily.

"Dongwoon sunbaenim already has a girlfriend though." The Woohyun fan girl was saying sadly.

"Oh man, then I'll take Sunggyu sunbaenim—"

"No!" I shouted all of a sudden. Don't you even dare think about stepping near Sunggyu, I swear I will karate chop your limbs off if you're within a meter from him!

The two girls turned to look at me and I froze.

"Errrrr… you… you asked me if I wanted food r-right?" I nudged Myungsoo who was sitting next to me, hoping that he'll play along.

"Huh?"

"You asked me if I wanted food," I said louder this time, convincing myself more of the lie. "My answer is no. I don't want food."

The two girls then turned back to face the court and I immediately slackened. Nice save Jin, nice save. But seriously, Sunggyu is too precious a friend to me. He's like this fragile antique that I have to protect, I don't know why. Call me overprotective but if you were me, you'd want to protect that precious kid as well.

I could feel a stare coming from the side and I saw Myungsoo staring at me. He didn't even bother to look away once we made eye contact. He just stared at me and I shifted uncomfortably in my seat. He then broke into a smile, which I interpreted it as an evil grin.

"You were eavesdropping on them right?" He whispered in my ears and I punched him lightly.

"You were too." I scolded him softly and he just shrugged. Stop shrugging Kim Myungsoo, you always shrug your way out.

Just then the girls in front of me suddenly got super excited and they started jumping around in the seats, if that is even possible. They were squealing and the girl sitting directly in front of me sounded like she was going to cry.

"Woohyun… Woohyun oppa looked over!" She tried to calm down but she kept hitting her friend out of excitement.

I looked up only to see Woohyun looking in our direction. Once he spotted us, he broke into a huge grin.

The girls in front squealed even louder.

Our eyes locked and we stared at each other for a while and I slowly started to smile. Did I mention that Woohyun has that effect on others? He just makes you feel like smiling when he gives you that bright smile.

After I returned the smile, Woohyun broke the eye contact and continued warming up. I then remembered about Bomi. Oh no. I looked over at Bomi and she was just watching Woohyun dribble and shoot without any expression on her face. Wait, there is. It was admiration. The look she was giving him is the look that I can never give to him. I'm sorry, Woohyun-ah. I'm sorry too, Bomi.

After they were done warming up, the coach picked out the starting five and Sunggyu was in it. Finally! Sunggyu gets to play his original position as the starting five. He still wears the wrist guard though, but he's part of the starting five now! I'm proud of him.

The guys were about to start the jump ball but Howon was nowhere to be seen. So much for promising to be there before the game starts. I kept looking around, trying to spot if he's here but I couldn't see anybody that looked like him.

The tallest guy in the team, namely Son Dongwoon, who was playing center position, stood in the middle and got ready for the jump ball. He bent his knees slightly and kept his eyes fixated on the ball the referee was holding. The others got ready as well and so did the other team. The other team's center was just as tall, if not slightly taller than Dongwoon and so they might have a higher chance of first possession.

The whistle blew and the referee threw the ball straight up, leaving the two centers to jump for the tip off. Just like that, the semi-finals has started.

To my surprise, despite being slightly shorter than the opponent, Dongwoon managed to tip off the ball to Woohyun's direction and Woohyun started his magic.

Also just in time, someone plopped himself into the empty seat next to me, just as Dongwoon touched the ball.

"I made it before they started!" Howon exclaimed.

"No you didn't," I pointed out while keeping my gaze fixed to the game. It was just then Woohyun managed to drive in past the opponent's defences and did a layup, earning the team two points. "Yes!" I cheered and clapped and so did the others from my school. The cheerleading team was there as well but I couldn't be bothered to look at them when I had a game to watch.

"I did." Howon replied to my statement earlier. "I was already in the arena before they started. So I guess I kept my promise." He leaned really close to my ear and said to me. Because everybody was busy cheering, I wouldn't be able to hear him normally so he leaned really close and I could even feel his hot breath at my ears. Needless to say, I blushed.

"Whatever." I said nonchalantly, trying to keep it cool and not make it anymore obvious about my face turning hot. Focus on the game Jin, focus!

Like any other semi-final match, it was sure intense. We were leading by about two hoops away, which means we were leading by four points. Every time our team scored, we would cheer really loudly but I swear we all cheered even louder when either Woohyun or Sunggyu scored. The girls sitting in front of me went nuts every time Woohyun did something really cool or showed off his captainly side. She is really in love with that Namu.

However, Sunggyu seems like he's still having slight problems with his wrist. Sure, his shooting skills have returned back to normal but basketball is a contact sport. A slight touch from the opponent could cause him to injure his wrist all over again. I was worried for him every time he adjusted his wrist guard or looked at his wrist. I really hope he's alright.

After the first half of the match ended, there was a break for the players. Basically for basketball, they have four quarters in total. After each quarter, there will be a short break except for the break between the second and third quarter. That one is a longer break because it marks the end of the first half of the competition.

The guys were all drinking up and wiping their sweat as they listened to the coach giving directions. We were still leading and that's a good sign. We might just get into the finals this way. Meanwhile, the girls in front of me were too busy talking about Sunggyu and Woohyun and even Dongwoon.

The whistle blew once more and that marked the end of the break. Time for the second half to start. Which also means the start of the third quarter.

Woohyun wiped his sweat once more and threw the towel down in a super cool manner and he blew on his bangs. Then he looked towards my direction once more and let out a small smile. The girls in front squealed once again and I felt myself shrinking in my seat. Why does Woohyun keep looking at me?

Myungsoo then nudged me and without even looking at him, I could sense him smirking because he knew about Woohyun's feelings towards me. Without me even telling him. I nudged him back a little too hard and I could hear him grunt. Turning towards his direction, I took a glance at Bomi who wasn't at all affected by that and she just continued cheering for our team.

The third quarter was intense because the opponent got anxious about catching up and our team wanted to extend the lead.

In a jiffy, the third quarter ended and we were still leading. The guys managed to pull the lead by eight points and all they needed to do was to maintain and keep pulling so that they can make it to the finals.

If I thought the third quarter was intense, the fourth quarter was even more intense. The opponent became desperate because this was their last chance of making it to the finals. There were a lot of fouls and an opponent even pushed Sunggyu down.

"Oh my gosh Gyu!" I got so anxious about my precious friend and I grabbed Myungsoo by my side.

"Don't worry, Gyu's tough." Howon said next to me.

The coach then substituted Sunggyu out of the game, for fear that he would worsen his wrist condition before the finals. Not saying that they are confirmed in the finals but hey, they stand a really good chance if they keep up their play.

Finally, the last whistle of the match blew as the game comes to an end. We won by a whopping ten points. I was so proud of the guys. They showed extremely great teamwork this game and this just proves that all that training didn't go to waste. Supporters from our school cheered and the basketball guys had a team hug. Woohyun looked extremely happy because he would be leading the team to the finals and maybe win the championship second year in a row.

The four of us then rushed down just like all the others and we went to find our friends. Before I could even spot Woohyun, I could hear his voice calling out for me.

"Jin!" He literally bellowed out my name.

I turned around and saw him coming towards me with his arms wide. Not the hug again! Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind giving him a congratulatory hug but not when he's all sweaty. It's just gross.

"Not again!" I ran away from him but he was chasing me and I ran to hide behind Sunggyu. "Save me from the devil Gyu!"

Sunggyu put his arms out to protect me behind him and he just laughed at Woohyun.

"Stop teasing her already." Sunggyu saved the day. Even the childish Namu listened to wise Sunggyu.

So the guys were suppose to head to the showers and then we'll head to Bomi's house for dinner. I am so excited about having dinner at her place, despite not being able to meet her brother again. Not that I wanted to meet him or anything. It was just a pity he couldn't join us.

I was talking to Howon and Myungsoo about the game when Woohyun and Sunggyu went to get their belongings. From the corner of my eye, I spotted Bomi silently handing over a bottle of isotonic drink for Woohyun. He took it with a smile and gulped down the drink. I even saw Sunggyu giving him a nudge of acknowledgment, which means Woohyun probably told Sunggyu about Bomi. They really share everything with each other. Except for Sunggyu's family issue I guess.

The two basketball stars were heading to the showers when someone stopped them. That voice sounded familiar.

"Woohyun sunbaenim! Can I have a photo with you?" It was the girl who sat right in front of me during the match just now. Her friend had gone to ask Sunggyu for a photo. A photo with Sunggyu, yes. If you are thinking about something else, no.

"Sure!" Woohyun said in that charming manner of his. He then used his towel to dry his hair once more and then he tossed it on my head. "Here Jin, take these." He handed me his bags as well and I just stood there with the towel on my head, covering my vision.

GROSS.

I am so going to kill that Nam Woohyun.

"NAM WOOHYUN!" I shouted out super loudly, not caring if other people had heard it. His towel is super disgusting.

There was a chuckle and I could tell it was Howon's. He didn't even bother to help me but he just laughed at me. I could feel the weight on my arms lightened as someone took the bags off me. It must have been Bomi because the skin was soft. Then, there was a muffled laughter and the towel was lifted off my head. It was Myungsoo who lifted the towel off me and I was right about Bomi taking the bags.

Seeing Bomi holding onto such heavy stuff, Howon then volunteered to carry it for her. But he was still laughing at my misfortune.

That Namu was still taking photos with the girl's friend and Myungsoo held the towel in a pinch. See, even the great Kim Myungsoo is afraid of that disgusting sweat filled towel.

After they were done taking photos, Woohyun and Sunggyu came back but he found that I didn't have any of his stuff.

I gave him my deadly glare. This Namu will be chopped down soon.

Apparently, he could sense that I wanted to karate chop his limbs off and he hurriedly took his stuff and dragged Sunggyu along with him, using him as a shield.

"Don't you dare use Sunggyu as a shield!" I shouted at him and ran after him, to which he ran away with Sunggyu to the showers. That boy is a devil.

--

The six of us were walking along the streets on the way to Bomi's house and all of us were really excited. None of us had ever been over so we were all curious.

"Guys…" Bomi started softly. "My parents can be… a little fierce so don't be offended okay?"

"Of course we won't! They'll love us! We're such good kids!" Howon said jokingly.

"Are you really calling yourself a good kid?" I shot back at Howon and he pouted, pretending to be all innocent.

I looked away from him just in case I blush again.

"I'm sure your parents will love us." Woohyun said as he put an arm around Sunggyu. "We have the top in the cohort here!"

Sunggyu just smiled shyly because even though he's been the top for several years, he's still very humble about it. And that's why, ladies and gentlemen, Sunggyu is so precious.

Once we stepped into Bomi's house, we immediately greeted her parents who were already home. At first glance, her parents really do seem strict. Especially her dad. He had that straight face, no expression, even when we greeted him so I really can't tell if he dislikes us or not. I looked around the house and saw that everything was neatly placed. Unlike mine, which is super messy. It was different from Myungsoo's house in a sense that Myungsoo's house had many different colours. Warm colours too. Bomi's house consisted of mainly plain colours, making it look very chic.

On the other hand, Bomi's mother seemed really kind and sweet. She greeted us with a warm smile and even made us some drinks. Maybe it's just her dad who is super fierce.

"Dinner will be ready soon, do take a seat." Bomi's mother said kindly but her dad just kept his straight face and continue reading his newspapers. Bomi ushered us to her room at the end of the corridor and she even closed the door. Once she closed the door, she heaved out a sigh of relief.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"My dad didn't say anything."

"Is that good?" Myungsoo asked.

Bomi nodded enthusiastically. "Usually when my oppa's friends come over, they make so much noise and they make a mess of the place my dad will always add in some sarcastic remark to scare them. Now that he isn't saying anything, it's a good sign."

"But we're really noisy…" Woohyun pointed out. Maybe because he's the noisy one. Okay, I’m just kidding. Maybe not?

Bomi shook her head. "I don't know what he'll say but I really want him to like you guys. I've never had many friends, much less friends coming over. I really want him to like you all. My mom is fine, she's really nice but it's my dad…"

"Don't worry Bomi," I placed a hand on her shoulder. "He'll love us."

I hope so.

During dinner, Mr Yoon didn't talk at all but Mrs Yoon was pretty chatty. She would ask us questions about how Bomi's doing and Woohyun would talk to her like they're old friends. Woohyun really has his way with people. Mr Yoon just ate his fill without saying much and I could see Bomi being all nervous about how her father felt.

After dinner ended, we sat in the living room with Bomi and her mom was busy preparing fruits for us. Just then, Bomi's father came into sight and he stared at the rest of us with a straight face. "Bomi." He called out in a stern manner. "What are you doing not helping your mom prepare fruits for your friends?" We all froze because Mr Yoon sure sounded really fierce. No wonder Bomi never dares to talk back to him.

Instead of being the shy and scared Bomi, Bomi's face lit up. "Neh." She said in a very sweet tone and stood up to go help her mother in the kitchen. Mr Yoon then nodded to himself and then gave us one last glance before he disappeared down the corridor. We were all confused by his actions but we assumed that if Bomi was smiling, it was a good thing right?

After Bomi returned with fruits that she cut, she had a wide smile on her face.

"What's with the smiles?" Howon asked as he reached for a fruit on the plate she just set down.

"My dad likes you guys!" She exclaimed really happily.

"Jjinja?!" Woohyun was surprised. Well, we all are because he didn't look like he liked us too much but he did.

Bomi nodded. "My dad always had this fierce exterior but he didn't say anything or scoff at you guys. Besides, he even asked me to help out to serve fruits, it means he likes you guys. That's just his unique way of showing."

"Thank goodness you're more like your mom." Howon faked a relieved expression and I laughed at his bad acting.

"So is your brother like your dad?" Myungsoo asked, being curious this time.

"He's nothing like my dad. Jin would know." Bomi looked at me with a smile.

"M-me? Ye-yeah." I smiled awkwardly because I was caught off guard. "He's more playful and outgoing. The both of you are so different." I finally managed out after I composed myself. Bomi and her brother Yoon Park sure are different. Bomi is the quiet and shy type but her brother seems to be one of those popular kids. I wonder if they're really related hmmmm… ok I'm just kidding. Bomi and her brother are different. A good kind of different. I don't think I can handle another cheeky one in the group when I already have two Devils.

"I'm just glad your dad likes us." Sunggyu said.

"Of course he does, we have the top student here!" Woohyun put an arm around Sunggyu and Suggyu gave him a disgusted look. "Well, your mom definitely likes us." Woohyun then gave a cheeky smile since he's the one talking to her mom the entire time during dinner.

"Thanks guys." Bomi said, with a sincere smile on her face.

"Do invite us again sometime." I gave Bomi a hug before we all packed up and got ready to leave.

Bomi nodded and she walked us out of her house. The five of us then waved Bomi goodbye and then we walked back home.

On the way back, we talked, chatted and of course, there was a bit of shouting here and there. It was just inevitable because we are a noisy bunch. We reached Woohyun's house first and before we even got to say goodbye to him, he put an arm around me.

"You guys go ahead first, I have something to talk to Jin about." He announced to everybody.

"N-neh?" I was so stunned by his words that I stuttered. What is he going to talk to me about? What's going on?

Howon gave a smirk and a snicker and Sunggyu gave me a knowing look. Well, Sunggyu knows that I know that he knows anyways. Myungsoo was giving me a strange look, as if to say 'didn't he confess to you already? What more is he going to say?' I gave a small shrug to Myungsoo because I didn't know what Woohyun wanted to talk to me about.

"We're going! Bye!" He put his hands on my shouters and led the way by pushing me from the back.

"Where are we going?" I asked him, curious as to what he was going to say.

"Let's go get ice cream first!"

--

We arrived at the convenient store near his house and grabbed some ice cream for the night.

"What do you need to talk to me about?" I was actually nervous because really, what could be so important that he had to tell me now?

"Eat your ice cream first." Woohyun said as he walked to a bench nearby and sat down to eat his ice cream happily.

"Mwoh yah, so mysterious." I pouted but I followed after him and ate my ice cream quietly.

But the ice cream was melting fast because it was quite a hot night and it started dripping down my hand.

There was a laughter coming from next to me and I glared at him. How can he laugh at me in this state? I lightly elbowed him and continued eating.

Once we were done, I saw Woohyun taking out wet tissues from his bag and he took one out and started to clean my hands and wipe my mouth for me.

"You're already eighteen but you can't even eat an ice cream properly? I bet Myungho could do better." He laughed at me and I nearly wanted to karate chop his limbs off if it wasn't for the mention of the ever cutie pie, Kim Myungho.

I couldn't find the right words to say so I just sat there stiffly. I felt bad because he was treating me so well. In the end, I might end up hurting him.

"Woohyun-ah…" I started but he didn't let me finish what I was going to say.

"Shhh… I know what you’re going to say and I don't want to hear it."

"How do you know what I was going to say?"

Woohyun looked at me, his eyes reflecting sadness instead and I felt like someone had thrown a huge punch at me in my gut. "You're going to say how I shouldn't treat you so nicely and how you don't deserve it blah blah blah. Say what you want but I am going to do it. It's my way of managing my feelings so just let me do it. Please?" He gave those puppy eyes again.

I buckled under that gaze. "I don't want to hurt you." I muttered under my breath.

"You're not."

I looked up.

"You're not." He repeated. "It's my choice okay?"

I nodded slowly.

"If you feel bad, maybe you can just date me?" Woohyun tried to lighten up the atmosphere by joking and I elbowed his gut without thinking twice.

He laughed instead and I laughed along with him.

"The reason why I wanted to talk to you is because we got into the finals." Woohyun finally got to the point but I didn't get what he was talking about.

"Huh?"

"The finals isn’t going to be easy Jin. If the semis are this tough, the finals is only going to be tougher. It'll be harder. A lot harder."

"And?" I nodded, signalling for him to continue.

"So I want to make a request from you." He smiled once again.

"What request?"

"If we win…" He paused and he looked down, shyly. Wow, Nam Woohyun is shy now?

"What is it?" I am really curious now, with the way he's acting and all.

"If we become the champions again… can I finally have a hug?" Woohyun looked up at me with those puppy eyes, full of anticipation.

I smiled, trying to hold in my laughter. So after all that, all he wanted was a hug?

"Of course!" I couldn't hold it in anymore and I laughed.

He laughed back but he looked like he was puzzled as to why I laughed. "I'm being serious!"

"I promise you, I'll do it." I reassured him. He's been bugging me for a hug after every victory but I just wouldn't give it to him.

"You know," he started again, "the reason why I always try to find you before the game starts is because I just wanted to see your face."

My eyes widened. So that's why he's always looking over? I felt myself shrink under his gaze, trying to hide myself.

"Seeing you there at the stands supporting me, it gives me motivation to do well."

I didn't dare meet his eyes so I kept looking at his chin instead.

"Jin," he addressed me by name and I had no choice but to look up at him. He was smiling. "You'll be there for the finals right?"

I nodded.

"Then stay where I can see you."

I nodded some more.

"Thanks for having ice cream with me. Take it as a celebration of us winning the semis alright?" Woohyun then patted my head and pulled me up so that we could head back home.

The guilt was killing me inside. Here I am, with the guy that one of my best friend likes but he likes me. On top of that, we're best friends too. How did it escalate into such a mess? I just hope that there will be a solution to this and nobody gets hurt.

Both Woohyun and Bomi, they're good people. May they find the one that's for them. May they have their own happiness.

That night, I lay down and thought about the time I spent with Woohyun when my phone vibrated. It was Myungsoo who had texted me.

What did he say?

I laughed at that silly text because for once, the great know-it-all Kim Myungsoo doesn't know everything.

We just had a mini celebration of today's victory.

It wasn't long before he replied and it was a really short reply.

I see.

I see? What's with that reply? I thought he wanted to know what's going on didn't he? I didn't know what to say so I didn't reply but he sent another text.

Goodnight.

I replied him with the same thing before I fell asleep, dreaming of happiness that will come to everybody. Not only Woohyun and Bomi, but more importantly Howon and Sunggyu. Even Myungsoo. Just everybody in general, may they all have happiness.

 

 

 

 

 

 


Hey guys! Thank you to those who wished me well, I am so touched and I'm doing better these days! Slept a lot during the weekends to feel better but life goes on and school goes on so I guess I have to keep going on. I'll stay strong guys, don't worry! ^^

So here's another chapter for all you cute lil fluffies! Thank you all for the constant support and I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, as always! Let me know what you think in the comments and I will be sure to reply! (even though my replies are getting later and later these days but pardon me) 

The basketball finals are soon approaching and Woohyun can't stop his heart from beating for our lovely Jin. What else happens next??? (I am such a horrible person for teasing you guys but I think keeping people in suspense may very well be one of my really useless talents. I did mention that I started this story with my personal experiences in mind right? So yeah, I'm like Jin guys. I am literally average in everything and have no talents. So applaud me for finding out about this one measy talent of mine. Congratulations to me.)