Chapter 4

Kings and Queens

In the palace...

Two servants entered the East Palace hurriedly, panic clear in their eyes. These were the same servants from the day of the procession that served the Crown Prince. The first servant was a middle aged lady, serving the royal highnesses since an early age. She was slightly plump and grew white hairs from the stresses of dealing with the Prince, her name was Jung. The second servant was much younger in age, only in the start of her adulthood but was matured. She had round cheeks and a muscular figure for a female but that is credited to her hard years having to carry heavy loads, her name was Maeri. 

Thus Maeri and Jung were walking quickly to the palace. 

"I hope he is still there..." Jung muttered to herself thought Maeri overheard, 

"My Lady... He should be...I swear if those palace maids lose him again..." Maeri swore under her breath, storming her way to the entrance. 

"Your highness! It is Lady Jung." Jung said with a clear voice, smoothing out her hair that had became quite messed from the fast paced walk. There was no reply from within the chambers making Maeri look at Jung with worry. "Your highness! I am entering!" She said warily. Jung took a cautious step into the room, peeping inside while Maeri peered under her. 

"AISH! He is gone! AGAIN!" Maeri complained, stomping her feet angrily. She rushed outside to the waiting palace maids and scolded angrily, "You! How could you not notice the Prince leave? Aigoo...." She hit her chest with frustration, shutting her eyes while Jung had returned beside her. 

A palace maid bowed to them and in a quiet voice she spoke. "My Lady... The Prince had told us to stay here... He threatened to cut off our heads if we followed." She admitted frightfully, returning back to her place whens he finished. 

Jung and Maeri looked at each other with furrowed brows. "Oh my god... Maeri... I think I wouldnt live long staying here." Jung sighed, rubbing her head. 

"My Lady, we can talk about your death another time. If we dont find the Prince we both will die today." Maeri said not waiting Jung's reply to pull her along. 

 

Now where was His Royal Highness? 

"98....99...100!" A masculine voice counted with heavy pants. Oh my... The Crown Prince had left his chambers to exercise in the midday heat. He was busy doing push ups having done a long sprint. Sweat trickled down the side of his face, dripping down his garments. How he wish he didnt have to wear such thick clothing. 

The only other person that was with him was his personal guard, Yoo Jae Suk. He watched the Prince with distaste, wondering how could a royal figure be ignoring his studies to exercise. 

"Yah! Jae Suk-ah!" The Prince called to his guard, waving him over. Jae Suk pushed himself off the wall he was leaning against and approached, bowing at the Prince.

"Yes, your highness?" He asked, looking at the sweaty boy.

"Sit on my legs." 

Jae Suk look at him baffled, how could he dare to do such things?

"Pardon me... But-"

"Aish. Just sit." Jong Kook looked at his guard, he was in a sit up position and needed someone to secure his feet from moving. He pointed at his feet, looking at them and at his guard. 

With gritted teeth, Jae Suk did as he was told and sat on the Prince's feet, looking around, praying no one would come by. 

"1...2...3..." The Prince began counting, rising up each time, tensing his core. Jae Suk sat, sliding forward each time the prince sat up. He buried his face in his hands. He was a royal guard for name's sake! He was meant to be protecting the Prince! NOT sitting on his feet on a hot day while he does sit ups. 

Moments passed and the Prince was on his last 10 rounds when two running figures approached.

"YAH! Jae Suk-ssi!" Called Jung, pointing at him accusingly. "What the hell do you think you are doing to his Highness!" 

Jae Suk stood, bewildered at their words. "I.. I didnt do anything! It was a royal order!" 

"To sit on him?" Maeri questioned.

Jong Kook sat up to look at them with a playful smile. "Lady Jung, Maeri-ssi. Jae Suk was doing as told." He explained. Even though he had explained it, the two ladies stared at Jae Suk with disappointment. 

The Crown Prince then rose to his feet, turning away and walking off. 

"Your Highness! Where are you going?" Called Maeri, scurrying after him, not wanting to have to chase him again. 

"Im going to bathroom. Would you like to follow?" The Prince asked playfully. He enjoyed teasing his poor servants seeing as that was the only fun thing to do as a Prince. 

"Ah... " Maeri muttered returning to the other two, elbowing Jae Suk she whispered. "Go follow him!"

Jae Suk looked at her and scoffed. "I am not follow him to the bathroom..." 

"Do It." Jung and Maeri ordered looking at him with arms crossed. 

"N-O." Jae Suk turned away. Maeri looked at Jung who gave an approving nod, both thinking the same thing. They pinched the Guard's arms with much force. "YAAHH!!" He yowled, rubbing his arms painfully, glaring at the two. "Fine! Ill watch his Royal Highness piss...." he mumbled scurrying after the Prince. 

Maeri grinned, dusting off her hands with her job done. "Jae Suk is obedient. We trained him well." She chuckled nudging Jung with her elbow. Jung smoothed her dress down and plopped onto the grass.

"Maeri-Ah... What are we going to do with the Prince..." She sighed. Hearing no response from Maeri, she looked up. "YAH! Are you lifting weights with rocks?!" 

Maeri had busied herself with a large rock, lifting it to her chest and lowering it, repeating the process. "My Lady. You should try this! No offense... But you are rather weak." Maeri said looking at Jung who is already pale from walking a short distance. 

Jung huffed at the comment, standing up and dusting off her dress. "Quit playing with the rock. We have errands to see." She said as though she wasnt out of breath when really she could use some relaxation 

Grumbling at the thought of errands, Maeri reluctantly followed the older lady, tucking her hands behind the silky cloth of her dress. 


The Crown Prince hummed a familliar tune, the one his mother had sang to, gazing about the area. He wore a dull look, his lips were in a tight line as he walked back to the East Palace. He halted nearby the palace seeing someone he knew, one of the King's concubines. She turned to the Prince, dipping her head in a small bow. "Your Highness..." She began, taking steps closer with a trail of attendants following obediently. "Have you been well?" She asked.

The Prince plastered on a smile, nodding at the concubine. "I have been well Consort Ui." He replied moving away slightly. "If that is all...I bid you farewell." He finished simply, turning away to walk to his palace, leaving the concubine standing alone. 

"Your highness.... Why must you act that way to Consort Ui..." Jae Suk started with hesistation.

"She is nothing more than my father's woman. One of the may he so called obtained." Jong Kook responded calmly, entering his chambers. He sat himself down behind his desk, gazing at his guard who stood in front. 

"Your highness... Do you treat your women like that?" Jae Suk asked with a raised brow.

"Dont be crazy Jae Suk-Ah. I don't have any women and I dont plan on obtaining any." Jong Kook yawned resting his head against the wall, shutting his eyes.

"Does Your Highness perhaps prefer..." Jae Suk paused and took a cautious step back. "Men?"

"YAH!" Jong Kook yelled, shooting his eyes open. He tossed his cushion at the guard, hitting him in the chest. "Get out!" He ordered dismissing his guard with a wave. 

Jae Suk dashed outside, quit suprised he wasn't dead for asking that question. But really.. Did His highness not have any interest in any of the ladies of the palace? Curious, he beckoned Jung and Maeri over, "Lady Jung, Maeri-ssi... Do you know if His Highness fancies any lady?" He asked in a hushed voice. 

Jung and Maeri looked at each other and back at the guard, shaking their heads simply. "No.. In fact, I haven't seen him speak to a lady other than the concubines or servants." Maeri said thinking it through. 

"Maybe His Highness is waiting for the perfect one." Jung stated.

"Maybe...."


Well here is this chapter. Hehe hope you guys found it enjoyable! Cause I had way too much fun with Maeri and Jung. And Ta-Daa.. Jaesuk is in the story now! Also.. I am posting chapters really quickly because I wont be able to post much next week. Forgive for errors or typos cause I dont double check till couple hours later. Next chapt: A year has passed and Ji Hyo is going somewhere....