Chapter 33

Kings and Queens

One week has passed and everything was looking brighter for this nation. The new crowned Queen had settled nicely in her new palace, adapting easily to the tasks that were sent to her. She dealt with the matters the Inner Court had issued and faced those matters effeciently. The nation was already adoring their new Queen, cherishing her more than ever. Every so often the Queen would leave her busy workplace to wander in the town where she once grew up in. All the townsfolk would greet her well and gifted her with as much as they could offer although most of the time she kindly denclined their kind gestures, requesting that they take care of themselves first. The main reason why everyone seemed to love her was because of her background, the fact she too was once a peasant and could symphatize with them. The Queen was also loving and as much as the citizens loved her, she loved them back, occasionally hosting feasts for those less fortunate and had organized a school for the children that couldnt offered to attend the one in the town. 

Everything is slowly changing for the better and nothing could be seem wrong.


The Queen was sitting in her spacious chambers, humming a old tune whilst doing some calligraphy work. It was already a late evening and since she had already ate her dinner, she was preparing to sleep soon. As usual, she would clear up any last minute things she had to do before bed and right now she was finishing writing a notice for the upcoming charity event. 

Also in her chambers was her servant, setting up her bedspreads carefully. She had grown to like Her Majesty since she was treated nicely compared to her previous mistress. 

"Your Grace, it is getting late.." The servant spoke in a soft voice, placing down the pillow at the end of the sheets before getting up hastily. 

"Ah.. Just a few more.." Ji Hyo released a yawn as she was about to finish her sentence. "minutes..." She grinned cheekily to her servant before turning back to the paper in front of her, her writing scrawled across the page. Setting the brush aside and getting to her feet, she stretched herself contently. 

"I shall leave Your Grace. Good night, sleep well." Her servant spoke, bowing towards Ji Hyo before scuttling out the door, shutting it slowly behind her. 

Ji Hyo watched her leave before turning to face her bedspread, a tired sigh escaping her lips. Reaching one hand up onto her hair, she slid the pheonix pin out of her tight bun, feeling it loosen a little. With the other hand, she untied the ribbon in her bun and soon her long, sleek hair fell elegantly down to her waist with a couple strands resting against her shoulder. Combing her fingers through her hair, she placed her accessories on her dresser, taking a peep outside her window at the moonlit night. 

A knock on the door made her snap around anxiously, surprised at who would visit her at this late hour. Being too lazy to tie her hair back up again, she hoped it wasn't a minister but it didnt matter much since she was the Queen. Adjusting her robes, she shuffled to her door, pulling it open carefully.

"Oh! Sir Jae Suk" She spoke, suprised by the sudden appearance of the guard. "How may I help you at this late hour?" She asked quietly, glancing past his shoulder to see that there was no one else except him.

"Your Grace." Jae Suk began, bowing his head deeply. "I sincerely apologise to disturb you in this time of the night... But I have been sent to Your Grace to the Imperial Palace." He explained in a hushed voice, looking back at her. 

"Hmm? The Imperial Palace? Does His Majesty request to see me?" She asked curiously, leaning against the door frame gently. 

"Apparently so, he did not give me much details other than to bring you there at once." He replied.

//Must be important// She thought. "Oh alright... Do you think it is alright if I go like this? I look like a mess.." She said shamefully, hastily combing through her hair, raking out any knots and tangles. 

"Oh, Your Grace, you look perfectly fine if not even better with your hair down." Jae Suk smiled, stepping aside ot let her through. "Shall we?"

Glancing at him and back at her messily places hair accessories she sighed and stepped outside, shutting her door behind her. Jae Suk nodded and lead the way towards the Imperial Palace with Ji Hyo following closely. She released a huff of smoke, the cold air making every breath steam. To be honest, she enjoyed the way the night breeze weaved through her long hair, giving it some air instead of always having it cooped up in a bun. After a couple minutes, they arrived to the entrance of the King's Chambers. 

Jae Suk pulled the doors open and gestured for the Queen to enter. "Thank you." She smiled, stepping in carefully before the door was closed behind her. She tip toed down the hallway and when she reached the end she peered around the corner, eyeing the King's study which was empty. 

"Hmm... Where is he?" She thought aloud, walking into his study room and looking around. Thinking he probably had left somewhere, she sat down across his table, examining the fascinating objects he kept on it. For a King, he was very organized with all the parchments and scrolls neatly placed aside and his ink and brushed displayed nicely. Eyeing one of his calligraphy brushes, she ran a finger along the wood, liking the way it felt, the smoothness of it. 

"It is a beauty isnt it?" A voice made her whip around in shock before she relaxed after seeing no one other than the King. "My mother enjoyed woodworks and had specially made it." The King had returned from a late meeting and had walked in to the sight of his beloved Queen. A smile was on his lips as he walked further into the room.

Ji Hyo quickly got to her feet, dipping her head in the process. "My King.." She greeted before looking back up at him with a grin. "You wished to see me?"

Jong Kook stepped closer, unable to suppress his toothy smile. "When have I never wished to see you?" He said in a soft voice, looking at her lovingly. "But yes.. I have called for you on this particular night..." He added.

"And why is that?" Ji Hyo replied, tilting her head ever so slightly. 

"Have you already forgotten your words? I have waited weeks for this moment..." Jong Kook grinned, leaning closer so that she could feel every breath he took as he spoke. 

Ji Hyo widened her eyes, having almost forgotten about it. "My King! You can't be talking about...." She shyly whispered, her cheeks turning a bright pink. 

Jong Kook released a low sounding chuckle before pressing his lips together in a serious look. He stared at her with lustful eyes, sneaking his hand up to her cheek, cupping it gently.  Leaning in, he slowly pressed his lips against hers, feeling both their lips fitting together perfectly. Both their eyes had fell shut as they were absorbed into the kiss, with each second, the kiss becoming more passionate. 

They were hungrily kissing each other by now, Jong Kook moving quickly with his arms, sliding one hand down her back. Ji Hyo wrapped her arms around him passionately, pulling him closer whilst rubbing his back seductively. 

The night went quickly with the King and Queen fufilling their lustful desires with each other. The Queen who had just slept with her man and the King who had spent a blissful night with his woman both had fallen asleep in each other's embrace, their bare bodies pressed against each other comfortably.


Okay. I am the biggest on earth for not updating for two months. I hate myself for not updating. Hope you guys enjoyed this long awaited chapter and i really wanted to end it here but I obviously need to say what happens 9 months later... :D