Chapter 18

Kings and Queens

A strong breeze whisked through the sky, sending the trees into shakes. The light clouds darkened and covered the bright sunlight, releasing a threatening boom. The temperature dropped, making the people shiver and rush back to their homes, knowing what is to come. Everyone was hustling even in the palace where a larger problem has rose. 

"What?!" Shouted an outraged voice, belonging to a woman. This was no ordinary woman for she was the Queen, the ruler of the nation alongside the King. She was currently in a rage as she slammed her furious fists down on the table, her eyes narrowed in frustration. 

"I..I.Im sorry, Your Grace!" Stuttered the scared attendant, bowing her head down continously. The Queen voice was booming louder than the thunder that erupted outside, allowing everyone including those outside listen in with fright. 

"WHERE IS SHE?!" The Queen roared.

"S..S..She went with His Majesty." Whimpered the servant, sweating profusely, wanting to cry from the fright she was having. 

"THAT WENCH!" 


Outside the palace, two figures were walking alongside each other under the darkening sky, smiling to one another without a care for the potential rain. It was the King and his beloved attendant that were walking happily down the slowly isolated streets of the town. 

"Ji Hyi-ah~" The King called in a lighthearted tone, looking at her with a smile. 

"Yes, Your Majesty?" She responded, returning his smile with a grin.

"Aigoo~ I almost forgot what I wanted to say after seeing your smile." He complained childishly, turning away to look at the road ahead. 

Ji Hyo laughed at his complaint and pressed her lips together in a pout. "Better, Your Majesty?" She asked with pouty lips, gazing up at him with large eyes. He grinned at her, pinching her cheeks lightly. 

"Nope.. Nothing can look better than your smile." He said pushing the corner of her lips up with his thumbs, making her laugh. All of a sudden, a drop of rain landed on Ji Hyo's nose, trickling down slowly. He wiped it away with his index finger before another one fell onto her cheeks with much more droplets following. He didnt have a single drop on him because of his large hat but using his large sleeve, he hovered it above her, covering her head. 

"It is raining! His Majesty to some shelter!" Ordered Jae Suk as soon as the rain had began to drizzle. He placed his hands over the King and called the other guards to hurry and the two. Ushering them along, they found some shelter in an empty stall which wasn't too big. Of course, the King went in first but there wasn't much space left but he insisted on pulling Ji Hyo in with him in the confined space. He noticed her face was shining from the raindrops and her hair damp as well. Reaching into his pockets, her pulled out his hankercheif and began wiping her face tenderly, making her blush a light pink. 

"Thank you, Your Majesty." She said after he placed the wet cloth away, patting her dry face with the back of her hand. She looked up at him, seeing his robes were quite wet from the rain. "Your clothes... They are wet, Your Majesty." She mumbled, pointing out the obvious innocently. 

He looked down at his robes, seeing the wet splotches here and there. "Ah... They are. Care to remove them for me?" He teased reaching to pull the ribbon that would make his robes fall helplessly. Ji Hyo's eyes shot up immediately and she shook her head quickly.

"No.. NO! Your Majesty..." She stumbled on her words, looking frantically away with reddening cheeks. A sound of amused laughter was heard as Jong Kook tilted his head in laughter. "Aish... You always tease me... Your Majesty is so mean..." She mumbled with crossed arms, lookingat him with narrowed eyes and pouting lips. 

He couldn't help his chuckle. "I can't help but tease you. You are cute when you get grumpy." He mused, pinching her puffed up cheeks before pecking her lips with his, leaning back with a laugh. 

Ji Hyo calmed down abit but still had her arms crossed, suddenly remembering a question she had wanted to ask. "Your Majesty.... Why did you bring me out today?" She asked curiously. She had been called out by Jae Suk before meeting the awaiting King outside the palace. Although she was used to going out often with him, the reason for going out seemed to be different everytime. 

"Ah.." Jong Kook pressed his lips tightly together, scratching his neck as he thought for a moment. "It is a serious matter and wanted your opinion..." He began, regaining a serious composure, looking at Ji Hyo with soft eyes. 

"Serious? Your Majesty... If this is about wether you look better in red robes or maroon robes..." She said with wide eyes, recalling the last 'serious' conversation they had. They had spent a whole day deciding on the colour of his robes, only for him to choose the black robe which he found "manly". 

"No, no. It isnt like that." He chuckled, the thought of that day making him grin. "This is truly serious for it includes political input." He said once more, implying the importantness of this issue. 

Ji Hyo nodded in silence, quite bewildered as to why he would be teeling her all this, shouldn't he consult General Ji or a minister? Whatever it was, she listened with interest, quite happy that he would trust her with an important matter.

"In today's meeting during the evening... I would have an announcement to make." He began, leaning closer. "I will announce that you, Song Ji Hyo will become my concubine." He said softly, eyes scanning her face for her reaction. 

His words fluttered around Ji Hyo as she stared at him, thinking she heard incorrectly. "W..What..." She stuttered, eyes wide, unable to imagine his words being true. //ME?! A CONCUBINE?! WHATINTHEWORLDISHAPPENINGOMGICANTBREATHASKFJAB// Her mind was in havoc with his statement. 

His hands slid onto hers, enveloping his fingers over her small delicate hand. "You will be my concubine." He repeated, giving her hand a little squeeze, following a smile he gave, enjoying to see her so baffled. was hanging agape as she tried to find words to express the emotions she felt but nothing came out. 

"Ji Hyo?" He called, waving his hand at her. 

She snapped out of her blank trance and spoke with a shaky voice, still stunned. "Your Majesty.. What do you mean by that? How can I become your concubine? The Imperial Court would not allow it!" She exclaimed.

He released her hand and looked at her with a grin. "Calm down... One question at a time. Firstly, I mean that you, Ji Hyo, will be my concubine. Therefore you will be taken off your duties as my attendants and attend your duties as a concubine which is to be with me." He stated, adding a flirtatious smile after that. "How? Well I will issue the decree and done! You are mine~" He added. "And finally, wether those bloody ministers agree or not, I am the King. I may not have a say in the Queen I was forced to marry but this time, nothing will stop me in making you mine." He finished, a sharp stare looking at her with determination. 

"Your Majesty..." She spoke, feeling overwhelemd by his strong feelings towards her that she was touched. She had the same feelings for him and given the chance would also do anything to be with him but who knew that today was that day. 

"No objections, understood?" He warned with a cheeky grin, pointing an accusing finger at her. She laughed and bit his finger playfully. "Ah!" he yelped yanking his finger away, shaking off the pain. "Yah! You!" He shouted reaching out to grab her, as she was turning away to stand but was yanked down. 

She released a high pitched squeal as he pulled her onto his stretched out legs, sitting her on his lap. He cradled her like a child and tickled her belly, making her jolt and wiggle. "Ahahaha! Your Majesty!" She cried out, wrapping her arms around herself as she tossed and turned in his muscualr arms. 

"Ahem. Your Majesty..." A voice interupted, making both of them stop and look up with playful smiles still on their lips. "The rain has stopped, I think it is best if we return to the palace." spoke the Guard, Jae Suk. He had a amused smile after peeping in on the childish two and didn't wish to interupt them but he wouldn't be doing a very good job with his duty. 

"Ah..Of Course." Jong Kook said, clearing his throat, as Ji Hyo sat up from his lap. He stood up and dusted off his robes, straightening out the wrinkles that had formed. He held out a hand to help Ji Hyo up which she accepted gratefully. She had rosy cheeks and dusted off her dress as well before rushing outside first, too shy to say anything. 

"Seems like you two were having fun." Jae Suk chuckled as they both left the empty stall to find themselves under a bright sunlight with minimal wind. 

Jong Kook responded with a grin and a nod before they began their walk back to the palace. "I am making her my concubine." He whispered to Jae Suk as they walked side by side, gazing admiringly at the figure in front of him, taking in her petite frame. 

"About time." Jae Suk commented, not a hint of shock in his tone. In fact, all the attendants and himself had been wondering what was taking so long for him to make the descision. 

"Seems like you and the others expected me to be forward..." Jong Kook muttered, looking at the villagers who were slowly coming outside to reopen their shops.

"Hmph. You two are so madly in love that we could set your hair on fire that you wouldn't even notice." Jae Suk snorted as they approached the palace entance. Jong Kook glared at him before hitting him on the back with slight force in irritance since he didnt have a good comeback for the statement. 

"Go on... You have a meeting to attend to don't you?" Jae Suk retorted in annoyance from being hit. 

"Hmph. Yea.. Yea. I do. Make sure you esc-" 

"Yea I know. Ji Hyo back to the palace." Jae Suk yawned, accustomed to the routine that it was an automatic gesture now. Jong Kook grinned and nodded his head to both Jae Suk and Ji Hyo.

"Have a good meeting, Your Majesty." Ji Hyo called after him, bowing herself down to the waist. "Jae Suk-ssi..." She said turning to the Guard, knowing what's to come.

"Lets go." Jae Suk said to her with a slight smile as they both began to walk back to the palace. 


In the Imperial Court....

"Your Majesty!" Cried out the minsiters as Jong Kook marched into the room, a strong aura surrounding him. The ministers bowed before rising up, turning their heads to look at him with curious stares.

"Attention! Today, I have summoned you all here for a important announcemnt." Began Jong Kook, his voice strong and powerful as he gazed around with a strong stare. "From this day onward, I hereby decree that palace maiden, Song Ji Hyo, the attendant that works under me, is taken off her duties as my attendant." He finished his statement briefly, watching the ministers murmur to each other. 

"Why Ji Hyo?"

"What has she done?"

"Doesnt matter, she is a lowborn.."

The murmuring grew as some ministers knew Ji Hyo personally and were quite fond of her erupted in displeasure. 

"Silence!" Jong Kook ordered, earning quick quietness. "I have more to say...She will not only be removed off her duties but be promoted in ranks." He added.

"Your Majesty, what do you mean? She is already in a high rank, what position could she be promoted to?" Cried out multiple ministers looking at him in wonder. 

"From this day onwards, Song Ji Hyo will not be a palace attendant...but she will be..." He paused and glanced towards the ministers. 

"My concubine." 


Phew~ I am sorry for a late update >.<"" Anyways, I have a 2 hour long car trip tomorrow so lets hope I get some writing done then and also lets hope I dont get a headache from doing that.. (Anybody out there with travel sickness like me? T^T) Boom!! Ji Hyo is a concubine!!! But would those damn ministers allow it? Find out in the next chapt....