Chapter 26

Kings and Queens

Days slowly passed after the finding of the concubine. Her condition slowly became better as she recovered from both mental and physical scars. The King had stayed by her side during the entire process, postponing any meetings or duties just to be with her, not wanting to take his sight off her. During these days, they grew closer than ever, their love growing stronger with each moment they spent together. Everyone was happy for them especially the Royal Concubine, glad to see her return to her usual self. All except one person...


"Bloody hell!" A furiated voice cursed, belonging to the angry Queen Kwang Ja. She was sitting in her chambers, the news of the King and the concubine had been told to her. The thought of them together made her slam her cup of tea down onto her desk, the hot tea spilling out from the sides, scalding her silky skin. But she could not care less about the small pain compared to the larger heart stab she felt with the news. 

Her attendants had also warned her that her trusted Kang Hee Gun had been captured as was being prepared for interrogation. She laced her fingers together, grinding her teeth anxiously, saying a silent prayer that Hee Gun would not have revealed her identity behind the kidnapping. Closing her eyes, she released a breath of air, needing to do something quick. 


In the gardens, two figures could be seen walking alongside each other, laughing, chatting and enjoying each other's company. Obviously it was the King and his beloved concubine. 

The King walked beside her, his arms folded behind his back and his posture straight and tall. No matter how much he gazed around, admiring the gardens, his eyes would always fall back onto the woman beside him. He looked at her up and down, a smile forming on his lips at the speedy recovery she had. Her skin was no longer pale and had its slight tint of a tan. Her lips were no longer dried and off colour but luscious and plump. Her once messy hair had been tied back into her original bun, decorated with hair pins and ribbons. No longer did she wear her weak frown, replacing it with her pleasant smile that could make anyone's day. The bruises and scratches all over her body were healed although they left scars but she didn't let them affect the way she looked at things now.

Yes, she still had the fear in her mind, what happened to her will be forever imprinted. She was traumatized from it and from then on, she couldn't stand being alone. She needed someone around her, wether it was her attendant, guard or even His Majesty, she needed someone. When she was left alone, she would tremble and quiver, having a mental breakdown and collapsing into tears. It happened once when she woke up to find herself alone. Thankfully the King came in quickly, he too was scared for her, vowing that she can never be alone as long as they both lived. 

She was happier now, happy to have a dependable King watch over her. Happy to have a faithful guard who was extremely apologetic for not taking care of her. Happy to have loyal servants who never once looked down on her because of her blood or what happened to her. She was truly happy. 

"Your Majesty..." She called out softly, turning her head to look at him, noticing that he had already had his eyes on her. "Thank you." She spoke, showing off her teeth in a smile, dipping her head towards him.

Jong Kook chuckled at her words of gratitude and out of habit he brushed her hair behind her ear. He didnt have a response to her words so he simply smiled. 

She seemed to have understood his gestures and flushed slightly. 

"Your Majesty!" Cried out an urgent voice as a frantic General Ji came running in, ruining their romantic moment. Jong Kook swore under his breath slightly and turned to face the General, a slight annoyance in his expression.

"What?" Jong Kook muttered, glancing over to see Ji Hyo blush and look at the ground. 

"The Criminal, Kang Hee Gun is about to begin his torture interrogation. You are required to oversee it." The General spoke, lowering his head. 

Jong Kook raised his brow, turning around to see Ji Hyo frozen after hearing the name. The name she dreaded and wish she didnt have to be assoiciated with. "Ah... I see... I will be there shortly." Jong Kook murmured in reply before the General nodded and walked off. Jong Kook turned around to face Ji Hyo who seemed quite in shock. "Ji Hyo-ah... I will be gone for a short while, alright? Stay with Dong Wook, got it?" He said as though instructing a child.

Ji Hyo looked up at him and nodded glumly, turning around to walk towards her waiting attendants. Jong Kook released a sigh before glancing at his own attendants and beckoning them to follow him. With one last glance to Ji Hyo, he walked off, narrowing his eyes, preparing himself to meet this bastard.

"My Lady.." Dong Wook greeted, bowing towards his mistress who seemed rather grim. He had heard the criminal's name being mention and clearly she seemed bothered by it. "Would you like to return to your chambers?" he asked with a tint of concern. 

"No... its fine... I want to stay here for a while." Ji Hyo smiled slightly, turning to face the garden lake. She took slow steps towards it and let herself get lost in her thoughts, all the while standing and admiring the beautiful garden.


The doors to the prison were drawn back as Jong Kook entered, his regal aura strong as he marched towards the seat that could over view everything. He sat himself down, the General to his right and Jae Suk to his left, both looking anxiously at each other. 

Clearing his throat, the General announced in a loud voice. "Bring out the criminals." 

With his words, two guards marched in, dragging a body between them. In white clothing with blood stained all over him, was the man. The man who traumatized Ji Hyo. The guards forced him to seat in the wooden chair positioned in front of the King, preparing a red rope to tie him with. They tied his ankles together and wrapped his wrists around the armrests and for extra security, they tied his waist to the backrest. 

Jong Kook sneered at him as the two guards pulled out two wooden poles, positioning them between the man's legs, prepared to pull back when the word was given, 

Jong Kook sat up and began to speak, "Kang. Hee. Gun. You bastard." He began, cursing the man without regret, making Jae Suk and the General glance at him auspisciously. 

"Your Majesty.... Did you know I your precious lady." Hee Gun laughed maniacally. Jong Kook clenched his fists and gestured for the guards to start the torture. A scream was heard from the man as he hurled his head back in pain. 

"You sick ert! Who the hell sent you!" Jong Kook roared, almost standing up from his chair. His eyes were shot opened, a strong glint in them as he glared at the weak man. 

"Not telling~" Hee Gun sang in a tune, before crying out in pain as the guards pulled back the poles. 

"WHO THE HELL SENT YOU, YOU TY BASTARD!" Jong Kook was in rage, everyone could sense it from a mile away. 

"I SAID I AM NOT TELLING!" Hee Gun yelled back, his voice equally as loud. His scream echoed the prison before it faded into a whimper, his body twitching feverishly. 

Jong Kook had it, with angry steps, he stormed down to stand in front of the man. He leaned in and wrapped his fist tightly around Hee Gun's neck, squeezing it little by little. 

"Your Majesty.." called Jae Suk in worry but was silenced by a glare from the King. 

"Tell me now... Or I will skin you alive..." Jong Kook threatened through gritted teeth. 

Hee Gun's face slowly turned pale from the lack of air, gasping desperately. With an airy breath he admitted with a raspy breath.

"Her.... Majesty...."


Oh my goodness! I finished this chapter super quickly! I am leaving to the airport in one hour so yea >.< Anyways. Hope you guys liked this chapter. Abit of a short one. So this is the last chapter until I come back from my trip so please be patient till then. See you guys soon~